As a new player this is disappointing.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tribal Sage.5642

Tribal Sage.5642

Hello GW2 community,

I recently bought the game. I’d say it was probably less than 2 weeks before the announcement of the HoT presale announcement. Now if you bought from the actual GW2 site you can get refund if it was purchased within 30 days, and I’m glad that Arenanet does at least do that. Unfortunately I didn’t buy from the GW2 site and bought mine from a different retailer so there’s no chance for a refund. I’m sure some of you probably did the same thing I did and now are doing exactly what I’m doing, which is shaking my head and saying to myself wow I feel like I flushed money down the toilet. The price I spent around 2 weeks ago plus the 50 dollars for the new expansion(which comes with what I just purchased for free) is a pretty decent size price tag. I got the game because the FAQ stated it was needed and I knew the expansion was coming out… and to find out a short time later I could of gotten it for free with the expansion. This just didn’t leave a good impression on me at all. I highly doubt I’m going to buy the expansion because this and it’s unfortunate cause that’s why I bought the game in the first place. I chose this to invest my money and time into instead of another IP and now I’m starting to feel like it was a mistake.

This is the word for word response from support after I’ve got the elevation level raised to a supervisor.

Game Support Supervisor:

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can offer at this time. If the purchase was made via our buy.guildwars2.com site within 30-days ago, we would offer to refund the initial purchase and disable the code so that you can purchase the expansion of your choice. We don’t have any other expansion purchase options at this time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

On some positive notes most of the people I’ve met in the game are really friendly and helpful. I’ve heard a lot of great things about this community, it was actually a big deciding point which finally got me to get this game after all these years. I’ve been around awhile and played at least 80 online games since the start. I’ve played games that had extremely toxic communities and ones that had good ones, from what I’m told this is a good one and as I mentioned it was definitely a deciding factor in my choice to purchase the game. Unfortunately the presale announcement has brought out the worst in the community from the looks of the forums. Something has to change.. this isn’t good for the game. I don’t know how well Arenanet takes feedback from the community but I hope they are listening cause some are making valid points.

(edited by Tribal Sage.5642)

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

You might want to google ‘heart of thorns presale’. Someone in the megathread linked two game store sites (around page 82 I think) where you can pre-order the expansion for way way way less… and apparently standalone.

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

You might want to google ‘heart of thorns presale’. Someone in the megathread linked two game store sites (around page 82 I think) where you can pre-order the expansion for way way way less… and apparently standalone.

Anet said if it’s a third party website selling it, it is most likely a scam. Only they are selling atm.

Tribal Sage.5642

I’m not sure if you read this or not yet..

Hey all,

Heart of Thorns is currently only available offically to purchase through our purchase site and in-game through the gem store. There have been a number of 3rd Party websites/services offereing Heart of Thorns for sale, and none of them are currently officially authorized to do so.

These sites are most likely getting their keys through fraudulent practices, which means there is a VERY high chance that if you purchase from these websites that the key will be disabled shortly after. This will result in your account being closed for fraud, and Customer Service will require that you purchase HoT though legitimate means before you can access your account again.

For your account’s sake, please be careful when purchasing your HoT key through a 3rd party (right now).

To clarify:
The only way to officially Pre-Purchase right now is through the official GW2 website, or in-game. This does not cover Pre-Ordering, which may exist on a number of reputable resellers. Pre-Purchase and Pre-Order are different.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Buying-HoT-through-a-3rd-Party-Careful/first#post5175830

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Don’t do that, Arena Net posted not long ago that the only site offering preorders is their official website or get in their ingame store.

Any other source is not trustworthy.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Tribal Sage.5642

Don’t do that, Arena Net posted not long ago that the only site offering preorders is their official website or get in their ingame store.

Ya I posted it in response. Check above.

Broom.2561

Didn’t see that Anet post. Ah well, one hope less to cling to.

I’m not automatically assuming the sites are fraudulent, mind. I think it’s more a matter of speculative advertising, figuring the Anet WILL eventually make the game available for retail, at a price that will still leave them a profit.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Contact support. You should be able to upgrade your account to a HoT prepurchase deal.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Tribal Sage.5642

Contact support. You should be able to upgrade your account to a HoT prepurchase deal.

I actually sent an email to the company and even got it elevated to a supervisor. They aren’t doing any upgrade for this. The supervisor stated if I purchased the game off the GW2 site within 30 days they could give a refund. That’s all the will do. I did’t get into all of that in the OP but I got the info I listed from a supervisor.

EDIT: Error in days. I changed it from 60 days to 30.

(edited by Tribal Sage.5642)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, you have a year or two or three of content to play, as that is what the rest of us did. Once that time has passed, you may be able to pick up the expansion for a nominal fee.

Something less than what the ‘vets’ paid at launch plus the expansion. There is no rush, if you feel it is not worth the value.

Or, if that does not suit you, you can just not play, at all. There just isn’t a way for ArenaNet to refund purchases made from other retailers. Not unless you can convince said retailer to give your money back to ArenaNet.

Good luck.

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

That moment when ANet showed the middle finger to the current playerbase in favor of the new guys and you STILL have new guys complaining…..cough up the money and enjoy hundreds of hours of fun. Maybe by the time you are done with the core game there will be HoT sale….

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Hello GW2 community,

I recently bought the game. I’d say it was probably less than 2 weeks before the announcement of the HoT presale announcement. Now if you bought from the actual GW2 site you can get refund if it was purchased within 60 days, and I’m glad that Arenanet does at least do that. Unfortunately I didn’t buy from the GW2 site and bought mine from a different retailer so there’s no chance for a refund. I’m sure some of you probably did the same thing I did and now are doing exactly what I’m doing, which is shaking my head and saying to myself wow I feel like I flushed money down the toilet. The price I spent around 2 weeks ago plus the 50 dollars for the new expansion(which comes with what I just purchased for free) is a pretty decent size price tag. I got the game because the FAQ stated it was needed and I knew the expansion was coming out… and to find out a short time later I could of gotten it for free with the expansion. This just didn’t leave a good impression on me at all. I highly doubt I’m going to buy the expansion because this and it’s unfortunate cause that’s why I bought the game in the first place. I chose this to invest my money and time into instead of another IP and now I’m starting to feel like it was a mistake.

On some positive notes most of the people I’ve met in the game are really friendly and helpful. I’ve heard a lot of great things about this community, it was actually a big deciding point which finally got me to get this game after all these years. I’ve been around awhile and played at least 80 online games since the start. I’ve played games that had extremely toxic communities and ones that had good ones, from what I’m told this is a good one and as I mentioned it was definitely a deciding factor in my choice to purchase the game. Unfortunately the presale announcement has brought out the worst in the community from the looks of the forums. Something has to change.. this isn’t good for the game. I don’t know how well Arenanet takes feedback from the community but I hope they are listening cause some are making valid points.

I dunno. I have done some unlucky decisions in my life. Once I bought a game for my PS1 and the day after that it was on sale. Another time I bought Star wars Galaxies and played it for less than a month and suddenly it changed to NGE, I was so sad. After that I bought DDO and less than a month later it went Free to play and I never got the money worth out of that game. Quite recently I went to a store shopping for food and happened to find a movie that I always wanted for a good discount price around 10$ so I bought it, the day after I in the same store I found another copy of that movie in a box of movies for just 3$ each. Stuff happens, I would be better of not knowing.

So there are a few views on this decision from Anet.
- They where kind enough to let non-gw2 owners get Expac for 50$ and +GW2 for free.
- They where dumb and tried to earn as much money as they could on players buying GW2 before releasing the pre-order information.
- They didn’t give venterans anything for pre-ordering and there is no free copy for players that already own GW2 just to laugh at us.

I don’t know what their intent was but I think that the first option is what their main thought was. They wanted to be kind. When they wrote the FAQ the first time they hadn’t planned out that they would release the original GW2 with the Pre-order but now they know so they had to change the FAQ to fit in to how the events have turned out. It is after all an FAQ not a Licence Agreement or a Testement or something like that.

I am sure that they do listen too us but I beleave that they can’t just change the offers they have, maby there will be more offers in a week or two or maby they will add something to the 3 different offers but I can’t imagine that they can change the offers becouse alot of player have actually allready bought the pre-orders. Or maby nothing will be done, still doesn’t mean that they don’t listen… It means that their sales are doing good and they don’t have to change it. We are only a few out of many players.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Wolfeng.3784

Wolfeng.3784

Edgar.

That’s called FALSE ADVERTISING. I love that you are trying to be so positive, but comparing this to a sale is wrong on so many levels. I’m not even going to bother anymore.

EdgarMTanaka.7291

they lied and false advertised something.

I would like to see where they lied and false advertised… Don’t bring up the FAQ since it is not an advertisement. Also it is still not a lie in the FAQ, as you need to have base GW2 to be able to play the expansion.

Edgar.

That’s called FALSE ADVERTISING. I love that you are trying to be so positive, but comparing this to a sale is wrong on so many levels. I’m not even going to bother anymore.

Wow, chill a bit will you. It is my opinion and only that. All I am doing is trying to use logic and being possitive. I don’t see everyone as a monster just becouse a bad decision was made and I am not trying to make you see the light in a dark road. Don’t buy the freekin game if you hate Anet so much then.

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

they lied and false advertised something.

I would like to see where they lied and false advertised… Don’t bring up the FAQ since it is not an advertisement. Also it is still not a lie in the FAQ, as you need to have base GW2 to be able to play the expansion.

It all depends on if the official website could be considered as a form of advertisement. If it is, then it’s reasonable to believe the FAQ page is part of the advertisement. Also, false advertising doesn’t have to be an outright lie. In particular, misleading statements that omit key details the consumer should know, fall under the category of “Failure to Disclose” type of false advertising.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I would like to see where they lied and false advertised… Don’t bring up the FAQ since it is not an advertisement.

Of course it’s an advertisement. They tell you “our product does this-and-that”. They don’t have to print it on a poster for it to count.

Also it is still not a lie in the FAQ, as you need to have base GW2 to be able to play the expansion.

No, you don’t. There is no core game, you cannot purchase it from Anet and the HoT code contains both games. They are not 2 separate products, you simply cannot have one without the other.

Not to mention, false advertisement doesn’t even need to be a direct lie. Even a misleading statement counts as such.

Posted by: RaptorJesus.1078

RaptorJesus.1078

Amen. I got the game a month and four days ago so I am in the same boat as you. I think part of the community (i.e. Edgar) thinks we have the same mindset of the bittervets, but that’s not the case at all. This feels like a bait-and-switch, and every email I have gotten from support, four and counting, has been automated by something called Zendesk, which is not helping the situation at all. Users have posted on reddit about receiving refunds going back as far as April, and also that they have been refunded the sale price and proceeded to purchase the HoT prepurchase without losing their accounts. ANet can do these things, and it would probably even generate MORE revenue for them because a significant portion of new players would probably go ahead and get HoT; they simply can’t be bothered, and are using a robomailer instead.

Posted by: Fluffypuffy.7946

Fluffypuffy.7946

I have contacted the customer service and they don’t do any 60 day refunds. 30 days if you want to dispose your current account. No HoT upgrade or anything that sort.

Tribal Sage.5642

I have contacted the customer service and they don’t do any 60 day refunds. 30 days if you want to dispose your current account. No HoT upgrade or anything that sort.

Yes that’s correct it was 30 days not 60, that was a mistake on my part. I’ve fixed it in the OP. I’m going to include the word for word email I received back from a supervisor to it as well.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

@OP That sucks. 2 things you could do, play GW2 core game until HoT goes on sale, there is plenty of stuff there to keep you entertained in the mean time. Buy HoT not link it to your current account and turn you current account into a mule (2 times daily dungeons, fractals, JPs and daily rewards and bank space).

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I would like to see where they lied and false advertised… Don’t bring up the FAQ since it is not an advertisement.

Of course it’s an advertisement. They tell you “our product does this-and-that”. They don’t have to print it on a poster for it to count.

Also it is still not a lie in the FAQ, as you need to have base GW2 to be able to play the expansion.

No, you don’t. There is no core game, you cannot purchase it from Anet and the HoT code contains both games. They are not 2 separate products, you simply cannot have one without the other.

Not to mention, false advertisement doesn’t even need to be a direct lie. Even a misleading statement counts as such.

You’re wrong. There is a core game. You can have it without HoT. Anyone that doesn’t buy HoT has the core game. They won’t have access to the new profession or new pve maps.
There is no false advertisement

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

You’re wrong. There is a core game. You can have it without HoT. Anyone that doesn’t buy HoT has the core game. They won’t have access to the new profession or new pve maps.

Could you be so kind as to link me a screenshot of their offer on GW2 standalone? Or you’re just talking about still being able to buy it off retailers, only to be unable to upgrade or get a refund like the OP mentioned?!

Broom.2561

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Purchase/dp/B010023XAQ/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1434863898&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=guild+wars+2+heart+of+thornes

Reputable retailer, I’d say…. selling HoT with all that ANet offers, only cheaper. ANet may have some explaining to do.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Purchase/dp/B010023XAQ/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1434863898&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=guild+wars+2+heart+of+thornes

Reputable retailer, I’d say…. selling HoT with all that ANet offers, only cheaper. ANet may have some explaining to do.

And it looks like its not available for Mac users. That needs explaining if true.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Could you be so kind as to link me a screenshot of their offer on GW2 standalone? Or you’re just talking about still being able to buy it off retailers, only to be unable to upgrade or get a refund like the OP mentioned?!

Still I can’t and wont be able to play HoT if I do not buy it, I have GW2 and I have had it since headstart but I still won’t be able to play HoT if I do not buy it. It doesn’t change a thing even if you can’t buy the core game without HoT anymore. I will still need to buy HoT to be able to play it

And about the rest of the legal crap, I don’t care… If it was illegal why don’t you sue them then? Stop crying and do something.

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

I and many others have over 1500 hrs of play time and that was with taking a break at times. You’ll get your money’s worth out of the base game. In fact, I believe that I’m going to get my money’s worth out of the expansion.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

There is no false advertisement

this is true.

however, there is no way of obtaining Heart of Thorns that isn’t playable. that does bring the whole “expansion” thing into question.

so I would argue there’s a core game, and a core game 2.0. find me the version that can’t run without a separate purchase of the core game, and we’ll have an expansion.

Ultimaistanza.4793

And about the rest of the legal crap, I don’t care… If it was illegal why don’t you sue them then? Stop crying and do something.

You were the one who who asked for it…

“I would like to see where they lied and false advertised…”

lol

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Yeh this is the thing. If you pre-ordered somewhere else you basically got screwed over. It’s not a nice thing. They really didn’t think this over properly in my view.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Fundoshi.3092

Fundoshi.3092

2 weeks ago me and my friends got interested in giving GW2 a go, and my friend bough 3 copies for all of us.
We liked the game, and we kept playing day and night. Then, the news about the expansion came along and all the “Newly bought copies get the expansion with it” as well. So now we’re all like, we could’ve waited for like 2 weeks and get the expansion with it instead of paying extra money now. The refund option is not really optimal since, we’re going to lose all that time and effort spent into the characters we made. I really wish they announced the product sooner if they were going to implement the “New players get the expansion too!” kitten .

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It’s not false advertising. You do still need the base game to play HoT. Since they decided, apparently last minute, to bundle the base game with HoT, that question on the FAQ became unneeded.

Not doing that ahead of time or announcing that they would offer refunds for anyone who bought the base game in the last X month/days/since HoT was announced on the day they posted the pre-purchase details and changed the FAQ, is a bit on the shady side. But not illegal.

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

2 weeks ago me and my friends got interested in giving GW2 a go, and my friend bough 3 copies for all of us.
We liked the game, and we kept playing day and night. Then, the news about the expansion came along and all the “Newly bought copies get the expansion with it” as well. So now we’re all like, we could’ve waited for like 2 weeks and get the expansion with it instead of paying extra money now. The refund option is not really optimal since, we’re going to lose all that time and effort spent into the characters we made. I really wish they announced the product sooner if they were going to implement the “New players get the expansion too!” kitten .

I’ve talked a lot of friends into the game recently.

They all got screwed by this. It doesn’t help that the “wonderful” community flies in and tells everyone they are entitled little pricks.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

While this holds some water, one should ask themselves. Is Anet currently a trustworthy source ?

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

the original gw team is absolutely trustworthy.

they wouldn’t have done things this way. They didn’t become number one by playing mind games.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

the original gw team is absolutely trustworthy.

they wouldn’t have done things this way. They didn’t become number one by playing mind games.

I completely agree with this, I posted it in another thread, the GW team seems to have lost its way somewhere along the line. They used to realize a happy customer is a paying customer. They took care of their customers and showed appreciation.

Ricky.4706

lol, maybe we should all go back to gw 1 and fire up the Hero’s ascent as a peaceful protest – leave gw2 alone for a while. I miss those days actually! I still have a few more titles to go that i could transfer back to gw2 after they figure out what to do.

would be hilarious actually – BRING BACK THE IWAY!! hahaha

show the noob whipper snappers what guild versus guild is really all about!! we’ll school ya! back in the day when we had to walk fifteeeen miles just to get a heal!! No jumping!!

Ya’ll know nothing!! you even get most of yer skills picked out for ya!! -smh-

we had math and physics students in our day calculating the metabuilds du jour, we had the developers busier than a cat on a hot tin roof trying to keep up with our op builds!! there were glorious tears eeeeverywhere!!

if new guys are going to complain about or support anet or it’s vets, go back to our roots so we are all on the same page, gw1 is still there.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Ricky.4706

wow, after that last post , i got myself all worked up and fired up gw1 …i forgot how to play rofl!! what did we do with mats again ? lol i almost salvaged a blood knife that took me forever to get :x

(edited by Ricky.4706)

EdgarMTanaka.7291

lol

lol all you want.

The point of it all was that you and many more are crying out that they did an illegal action. Now if you all are so confident that it is illegal then stop crying about it and sue them. I asked you to show me where they lie and use false advertisment and what some of you “showed” me was from the FAQ and I do not agree with you there so I am confident that you will loose that trial if you sue Anet.

I don’t have to be a lawyer to see that it was not an illegal act from Anet. I think that some people are just trying to find more arguments to justify their unhappiness with the price and/or the call that they give a free Original Copy for new players but nothing for existing players.

I beleave that they would have earned more money if they continued to sell the Original Copy of GW2 and the expansion seperatly. But i think that in their mind they was trying to be kind to future players and give them a free copy of the original copy of GW2. So assume they did this to milk some extra $ from the orginal game before they announced the pre-order infromation is just stupid in my opinion.

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

lol

lol all you want.

The point of it all was that you and many more are crying out that they did an illegal action. Now if you all are so confident that it is illegal then stop crying about it and sue them. I asked you to show me where they lie and use false advertisment and what some of you “showed” me was from the FAQ and I do not agree with you.

Man you sound pants bruised…..

Broom.2561

lol

lol all you want.

The point of it all was that you and many more are crying out that they did an illegal action. Now if you all are so confident that it is illegal then stop crying about it and sue them. I asked you to show me where they lie and use false advertisment and what some of you “showed” me was from the FAQ and I do not agree with you there so I am confident that you will loose that trial if you sue Anet.

I don’t have to be a lawyer to see that it was not an illegal act from Anet. I think that some people are just trying to find more arguments to justify their unhappiness with the price and/or the call that they give a free Original Copy for new players but nothing for existing players.

I beleave that they would have earned more money if they continued to sell the Original Copy of GW2 and the expansion seperatly. But i think that in their mind they was trying to be kind to future players and give them a free copy of the original copy of GW2. So assume they did this to milk some extra $ from the orginal game before they announced the pre-order infromation is just stupid in my opinion.

If you’re not a lawyer or trained in law, you should not comment on what is or isn’t legal. Your power of belief will not convince any court.

Also: correct spelling makes for better arguments. Spellchecker is most definitely your friend.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: FriendlyFireDog.5143

FriendlyFireDog.5143

I sympathise with the OP, I bought GW2 core game just over 3 months ago in anticipation of the expansion pack, wanting to get a little experience at the game (I played GW1 years ago) and under the impression that I would need the core game to get the expansion pack.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to kick and scream or bemoan that the world is so unfair, because I could have got the core game included with the Heart of Thorns pack,…. but I do feel burned. Not just bad luck burned,…. but burned in the way that I feel Anet used a little sleight of hand and shafted me a bit.
Okay, I understand I have no recourse, its just how it worked out with this purchase,…. Anet got the better of me, but surely as a business (Anet) you don’t want a new customer to feel like you shafted him a little? Even were it not a little moraly grey,…. it is never a good idea to have a customer feeling like he got the bad end of a deal,… right or wrong,… this is how I feel.
Like I said,…. I’m not going to kick and scream or troll the forums, but I understand the anger (even if some of it is a little OTT) and because I feel bad as a customer,… I’m not going to spend any more money (I’m definately not buying HOT, because it feels like I am paying double- rightly or wrongly). Happy customers spend, unhappy customer don’t spend. I know that not spending my money is not going to be a loss to me (quite the opposite, I spend too much already), but it is a loss for Anet,… I would have bought HOT. Now, I won’t buy HOT. Perhaps all this could have been done better by way of presentation or marketing,…. maybe, but the damage is done. A pity for everyone.

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

Btw, I cannot believe that Anet actually new what was going on, on the marketing department, I believe that they F* up with the false Advertisement first and then with the decision of the price and the bonus packages, they clearly had no clue of how Anet works and how they treat their costumers… so I believe people will get fired…

Posted by: FriendlyFireDog.5143

FriendlyFireDog.5143

Btw, I cannot believe that Anet actually new what was going on, on the marketing department, I believe that they F* up with the false Advertisement first and then with the decision of the price and the bonus packages, they clearly had no clue of how Anet works and how they treat their costumers… so I believe people will get fired…

That is probably the reality of the situation,…. but people are going to feel like they got the dirty end of the stick,…. nobody is walking away from this happy.
Paying out more money because of a bureaucratic or marketing faux pas, does not make me feel any better about it all.
Well here’s hoping that those who waited and got the bargain enjoy the game GW2 and HOT, I won’t be enjoying HOT, just vanilla GW2.
:(

Ultimaistanza.4793

lol

lol all you want.

I have no reason to sue and didn’t even insinuate I was going to — I wasn’t one of the people they screwed over by telling them, since the announcment of HoT, they need to buy core game and then flip to say “f*** you, thanks for you $$$” LO L-- . You’re just complaining because you asked for someone to prove you wrong and we did. That being said, if someone that’s in that situation, like the OP, and wanted to take it to trial, then they’d probably be on good grounds to. As for if the payoff is worth going through a sizable trial against corporate lawyers, that’s another matter.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

@ the OP you can buy the expansion as a standalone on Amazon from tommorow , so dont worry long as you have a gw2 core game you can still upgrade to H.O.T

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I recently bought the game. I’d say it was probably less than 2 weeks before the announcement of the HoT presale announcement. Now if you bought from the actual GW2 site you can get refund if it was purchased within 30 days, and I’m glad that Arenanet does at least do that. Unfortunately I didn’t buy from the GW2 site and bought mine from a different retailer so there’s no chance for a refund.

Not much you can do. You can spend $100 dollars on what would have cost you $50 had Anet not told everyone they needed to buy the core game in order to play HoT…. or you can wait on the HoT purchase:

after all, if you got the game recently, you likely won’t run out of content for a couple months — depending on your gameplay style.

Just pray that HoT comes out earlier rather than later so that when you do run out of content HoT will have been out for a while and thus more chance of a sale.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Anet said if it’s a third party website selling it, it is most likely a scam. Only they are selling atm.

not true, other sites such as Amazon.co.uk is saying there pre’s will be on sale tomorrow.

From there page.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pre Purchase Edition (PC CD)
by Koch International
Platform : Windows 8, Windows 7
| Rated: Ages 12 and Over
Price: £28.74 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
This item will be released on June 23, 2015.
Pre-order now.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available
•Play in all of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns beta weekend events.
•Receive the exclusive in-game title of Maguuma Trailblazer.
•Limited Availability – these bonuses won’t be available any other way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Purchase/dp/B010023XAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434965190&sr=8-1&keywords=guild+wars+2+heart+of+thorns

ANet have said Amazon is a legit seller in the UK.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

not true, other sites such as Amazon.co.uk is saying there pre’s will be on sale tomorrow.

From there page.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pre Purchase Edition (PC CD)
by Koch International
Platform : Windows 8, Windows 7
| Rated: Ages 12 and Over
Price: £28.74 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
This item will be released on June 23, 2015.
Pre-order now.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available
•Play in all of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns beta weekend events.
•Receive the exclusive in-game title of Maguuma Trailblazer.
•Limited Availability – these bonuses won’t be available any other way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Purchase/dp/B010023XAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434965190&sr=8-1&keywords=guild+wars+2+heart+of+thorns

ANet have said Amazon is a legit seller in the UK.

And ArenaNet stated that starting June 23rd, retailers will be able to sell the expansion. Not sure what the contention is….

Sites selling it before the 23rd may be selling unauthorized copies of the game, so Chris stated, ‘Be careful’.