Auric weapons too time consuming?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

Anyone else here feels like getting those 300 auric dusts for 1 weapon ((equals about 10-15 succesful meta completions)) is waaaayyy too much?

I mean, not only do you need 300 dusts, you get anywhere from 15-30 if you open all chests below tarir. But you also need to pay 208 aurrilium, aswell as 500 aurrilium to even get a recipe, that means that you can maybe get a 2h weapon via crafting once every 20 hours, considering tarir battle is on a 2 hour timer?

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit too much grind?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I dont see it much as a grind honestly..but, i do it differernt than most, i do one meta event in Verdant brink, then go to Auric Basin, then back to VB and vice versa! Have yet to do anything in dragonstand yet though.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Wasderty.7803

Wasderty.7803

You can get auric weapons from the Auric pvp reward track, or, if you don’t pvp (like me), you can always do the HoT story on a corresponding class. At least that’s what I’m thinking of doing.

For a list of each weapon choice for each class:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Auric-Weapons-From-HoT-Story-Quest