Beta with regular characters?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

Is it only possible to play the beta with new characters in the beta slots, or is it possible to take your regular characters to the new areas?

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Is it only possible to play the beta with new characters in the beta slots, or is it possible to take your regular characters to the new areas?

Only beta characters can acces the beta area

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

It’s only possible by using beta characters. You can’t take your non-beta characters into verdant brink or experience elite specs with them.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

As other have said no it’s not possible, however you can do what I did by creating a doppelganger of your existing character.

Just make a copy of your regular char – its easy to do and just limited by exotic gears provided (ie those tasty ascended gears won’t be available).

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Just make a copy of your regular char – its easy to do and just limited by exotic gears provided (ie those tasty ascended gears won’t be available).

Also, if you managed to put your ascended armors into the bank before the copy, they aren’t even limited to solely exotics – allowing you to re-create your regular characters exactly.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Also, if you managed to put your ascended armors into the bank before the copy, they aren’t even limited to solely exotics – allowing you to re-create your regular characters exactly.

Awesome Idea – I’ll have to do that next time! Thanks!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

Thank you. I thought I was missing something. A bit of a bummer, though… So much work, reselecting all the gear…