Can the developpers please stop ignoring us?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I think the majority of posters just want to feel like they matter as customers and that the things that are important to them are also important to the Dev team, even if the players don’t always get exactly what they want.

Oh, I agree. And I’m not sure that Anet management (or whoever it is who makes the calls about communication) understands this, or cares if they do understand it.

I think they do, but I also believe they don’t always think in terms of player psychology. For instance, half the problem on the forums right now is that before the expansion came out we had much more open and direct lines of communication with the development team. This set the expectation among players (rightly or not is irrelevant, we are talking human nature here) that such dialog would continue. A number of people have expressed the opinion (which I don’t share, just to be clear) that the developers “took their money and ran” and I think this is precisely the result of what has been a dramatic decline in communication. There may be excellent reasons for this, but again they do not matter in the eyes of the players expressing these opinions.

Another example was the elite specialization debacle, which they have acknowledged they mishandled. If you read between the lines, you could see what was about to happen unfolding. Players talked for weeks about how they couldn’t wait to dive into the expansion with their elite specializations. Required numbers of points were datamined and no one took the opportunity in any of the (which I recall being plentiful) threads on the subject to say, “hey guys, I can’t give you the exact numbers, but it is going to be a significant investment of time and will require playing part of the expansion”. The biggest hint of the impending disaster came (I think) just a couple ofdays before the release of the expansion with a cryptic comment about how they couldn’t wait until we could explore the new areas and (roughly) “start unlocking” the elite specs.

There are plenty of other possible examples. Mind you, there is nothing unique about this. I’ve seen it in every mmo I have played, the Aion summer event from a few years back that resulted in all the cities being filled with characters jumping in place or running against walls being my favorite.

I think so many problems (e.g. Broken reward structures) could be avoided if more developers spent a bit more time thinking like players.

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

Thought you quit.

You are not the community. You do not speak for it. Speak for yourself and understand that the segment of the community that is most unhappy at any given point is naturally the loudest.

I do agree that more communication would be welcomed.

That’s a flawed assessment those who are most unhappy are only vocal when they lack power. However this is a game and not reality and in this sort of environment those who are the most unhappy are in fact silent. Simply put people who complain either complain because they enjoy it or they complain to improve because they see the tide. People complaining for 3 years for mounts, templates, and hardcore content can be ignored they are not the majority and they will never leave.

Those who remain silent leave they log out or simply play less and thus even though they didn’t say a word in a sense there voices are the loudest. This is a product in a capitalistic society and we are consumers it’s not our place to be patient or adapt the burden is on the producer because we all have the power to simply quit and find a product that suits our needs.

Anet isn’t communicating and the voice of those whom have never spoken a single word can be heard in all aspects of the game currently.

Clap clap clap to you dear sir.
You are right.

The fact that i am kittened off is that i really care for this game. When i see the beauty that is maguma (except tangled depth), i can only be frustrated by what could have been if basic decisions were made differently.
Dungeons for exemple. Just because dungeons are rewarding doesn’t mean that i won’t play the huge scale meta event of maguma in which i have the chance to play with hundreds of player like me! But someone high on the hiarchy decided to nerf dungeons to force us to go to maguma.

There are a lot of games that i left because of the bad decisions that have been made. Star wars battlefront? I left that joke at the end of the first week. The only good thing about SWB was the graphics.
But Gw2, has so much more content wise , hours of good times with the guildies, work done by the devs, that killing good parts of the game, the rewards that make you feel good about the time you spent, only frustrates me.

I can only wonder what thing i like they are nerfing right now

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I could pay for development costs with name changes..don’t kid yourself.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I think they do, but I also believe they don’t always think in terms of player psychology. For instance, half the problem on the forums right now is that before the expansion came out we had much more open and direct lines of communication with the development team. This set the expectation among players (rightly or not is irrelevant, we are talking human nature here) that such dialog would continue. A number of people have expressed the opinion (which I don’t share, just to be clear) that the developers “took their money and ran” and I think this is precisely the result of what has been a dramatic decline in communication. There may be excellent reasons for this, but again they do not matter in the eyes of the players expressing these opinions.

Another example was the elite specialization debacle, which they have acknowledged they mishandled. If you read between the lines, you could see what was about to happen unfolding. Players talked for weeks about how they couldn’t wait to dive into the expansion with their elite specializations. Required numbers of points were datamined and no one took the opportunity in any of the (which I recall being plentiful) threads on the subject to say, “hey guys, I can’t give you the exact numbers, but it is going to be a significant investment of time and will require playing part of the expansion”. The biggest hint of the impending disaster came (I think) just a couple ofdays before the release of the expansion with a cryptic comment about how they couldn’t wait until we could explore the new areas and (roughly) “start unlocking” the elite specs.

There are plenty of other possible examples. Mind you, there is nothing unique about this. I’ve seen it in every mmo I have played, the Aion summer event from a few years back that resulted in all the cities being filled with characters jumping in place or running against walls being my favorite.

I think so many problems (e.g. Broken reward structures) could be avoided if more developers spent a bit more time thinking like players.

Yeah… I think the devs themselves try to, many of them, but it’s near impossible to get there fully because they are working full time as devs.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Pretty sure that players who main rangers would love to be ignored by devs lol.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

Just read the new patch note… Sigh… Still no improved rewards for fractal…
Guess i’m not gonna touch that content for another moment then…

Misguided.5139

Just read the new patch note… Sigh… Still no improved rewards for fractal…
Guess i’m not gonna touch that content for another moment then…

I suggest converting matrices while they are worth two keys, and hoarding keys for the time being. Even doing a single fractal when there is a general daily fractal can net you 5-6 keys for minimal effort.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Look..This expansion was running just fine.
It wasn’t until 2k crybabies got on the forums complaining it was too hard
that Anet tried to modify something that they shouldn’t (in my eyes) have. Something went very wrong.
The Expansion was labeled “Elite Content” and should have stayed that way.
I hope the 2k Carebears are happy they broke the game.

The expansion lumped hard content with a set of new technologies (like masteries) that will affect all players, forcing all players to either pay for content that will only be enjoyable to some or face having no further progression in this game.

An argument could be made that there should have been a separation between the technological update (masteries) and the content expansion (jungle). Or that the update should have included some casual content or perhaps scaling to accommodate the variety of players that will buy the expansion.

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

Whether you think he’s speaking for himself or the community is irrelevant. The OP is correct about the fact that the developers are ignoring the players. There are so many examples of that now it is indisputable.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Misguided.5139

Whether you think he’s speaking for himself or the community is irrelevant. The OP is correct about the fact that the developers are ignoring the players. There are so many examples of that now it is indisputable.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled not to share it. Do I think there is a lack of communication? Yes. Do I wish there were more? Yes. Do I think they are ignoring players? No. Apparently it isn’t so indisputable.

enlightened.5396

Really. Read a few more forum posts.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Lots of people saying the same thing doesn’t make a thing true. And if you took every single complaint about being ignored from this forum and compared it to the number of people who play the game, you’d find it’s an insignificant percentage, too small for anyone who knows anything about data to draw an definitive conclusion.

You believe something to be true, so you therefore find evidence for it to be true. That evidence doesn’t really exist.

Anet has talked about certain things and hasn’t talked about others.

Presumably they’ll talk about stuff when they’re ready to talk about stuff.

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

this is sad but true
they dont response in their own forum already.
if u really want to see the dev response just check out the reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v3t6c/colins_responses_on_effect_change_and_pvp_balance/

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Does anyone have an official link regarding GW2 playership? I see a lot of people saying that the number of players is dropping precipitously but I’ve never seen that to be the case.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

Does anyone have an official link regarding GW2 playership? I see a lot of people saying that the number of players is dropping precipitously but I’ve never seen that to be the case.

All we know is that the game had 3m accounts as B2P and 7m total accounts after the f2p conversion according to the arenanet infographic released right before the expansion.
According to the e-sports broadcasting website there’re around 3m active HoT accounts, but I’m not sure about how reliable those guys are. I doubt they’d lie considering Arenanet is making’em money and that’d be bad for business.
However there’re no solid numbers that indicate the playerbase is plummeting, the game’s no longer sustainable, doom is falling on all of us because of Anet’s massive failure in X aspect of the game, etc. etc.
Same thing happened when ascended came out, doomsayers claimed that was it for the game, then LS1 came, now it was foreal the game was over, then LS2 was the final nail on the coffin, now HoT, get used to it. Whatever is released tomorrow will be the next “last” nail on the coffin.
This doesn’t refute the point that there’re lots of aspects of the game that need improvement, but the people who somehow know how big/small the playerbase has become since the HoT release are simply lying, unless they have some inside info noone else knows of.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

(edited by Raziel.4216)

enlightened.5396

Lots of people saying the same thing doesn’t make a thing true. And if you took every single complaint about being ignored from this forum and compared it to the number of people who play the game, you’d find it’s an insignificant percentage, too small for anyone who knows anything about data to draw an definitive conclusion.

You believe something to be true, so you therefore find evidence for it to be true. That evidence doesn’t really exist.

I’m not going to hold my breath. Anyone that can’t detect the rising sense of frustration that many players have with this game, it’s myriad of bugs and incidences of broken content and the failure of ANet to adequately engage with the players is delusional..

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Raziel.4216

I’m not going to hold my breath. Anyone that can’t detect the rising sense of frustration that many players have with this game, it’s myriad of bugs and incidences of broken content and the failure of ANet to adequately engage with the players is delusional..

“Many” players can be 2 or 200000. Can you provide a source for that?
If not, we can just as easily make a counter-claim:
I’m not going to hold my breath. Anyone that can’t detect the rising satisfaction that many players have with this game is delusional….

enlightened.5396

Make as many counter claims as you like. You are entitled to your opinion and I am stating mine based on my own views, interaction with other players in game and opinions expressed by others on this forum. I appreciate that I can only ever know what a small population of players actually think – as can you. It does however fall into your definition of “many” so I’m quite within my rights to use that word.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I actually prefer the jungle with less people in it, wvw on the other hand…

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Misguided.5139

Anyone that can’t detect the rising sense of frustration that many players have with this game, it’s myriad of bugs and incidences of broken content and the failure of ANet to adequately engage with the players is delusional..

Oh, I would absolutely agree that there is a rising sense of frustration and that the development team could do a much better job engaging with the community right now. For me, that isn’t the same as being ignored. But as I said yesterday, I think feeling ignored is an understandable response to the distinct lack of communication post-release compared to what we experienced prior to release. Players that feel like they are being ignored can and should express that, but should also understand that not everyone feels that way and should not speak for the community as a whole, since we aren’t all the same.

enlightened.5396

In no way have I attempted to speak for the community as a whole. But I can reflect on what I see from the subsection of the community that I interact with. Sure .. there are some people that love the game … even in my circle of friends believe it or not. But there are plenty more that are becoming increasingly turned off by the broken content and the indifference with which their views are treated.

There are a huge number of negative threads on this forum which could be turned into a positive force for ANet if they would only respond. Even to say that something is not being looked at currently at least lets people know where they stand.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Raziel.4216

Make as many counter claims as you like. You are entitled to your opinion and I am stating mine based on my own views, interaction with other players in game and opinions expressed by others on this forum. I appreciate that I can only ever know what a small population of players actually think – as can you. It does however fall into your definition of “many” so I’m quite within my rights to use that word.

You’re entitled to your opinion, not your facts.
When you claim “many” people share your opinion the “I’m entitled to it” card is lost, you’re now talking for others, not just yourself, therefore a source is required for any of that to have any value.
Feel free to start using singular pronouns to avoid getting called out.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

There will never be a concrete, official statement. Like any company, they are going to play this information close to the chest, and when they do release it, it will be in a way that shines the most favorable light on player populations.

Megaserver obscures it. Statements like “X number of new accounts” leaves out how many people tried it and dropped it. “Y number of active users” won’t come with specifics on what “active users” entails.

It’s anybody’s guess until something happens that can’t be obfuscated, like reducing employee numbers, plummeting sales reports, or turning off servers. We haven’t seen those yet.

enlightened.5396

When you claim “many” people share your opinion the “I’m entitled to it” card is lost, you’re now talking for others, not just yourself, therefore a source is required for any of that to have any value.

If, by your own definition, many can be between 2 and 200,000 then it is a fact that many people share my opinion. Feel free not to post anymore to avoid “getting called out”.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

All we know is that the game had 3m accounts as B2P and 7m total accounts after the f2p conversion according to the arenanet infographic released right before the expansion.
According to the e-sports broadcasting website there’re around 3m active HoT accounts, but I’m not sure about how reliable those guys are. I doubt they’d lie considering Arenanet is making’em money and that’d be bad for business.
However there’re no solid numbers that indicate the playerbase is plummeting, the game’s no longer sustainable, doom is falling on all of us because of Anet’s massive failure in X aspect of the game, etc. etc.
Same thing happened when ascended came out, doomsayers claimed that was it for the game, then LS1 came, now it was foreal the game was over, then LS2 was the final nail on the coffin, now HoT, get used to it. Whatever is released tomorrow will be the next “last” nail on the coffin.
This doesn’t refute the point that there’re lots of aspects of the game that need improvement, but the people who somehow know how big/small the playerbase has become since the HoT release are simply lying, unless they have some inside info noone else knows of.

Thank you for the response, I have always looked at people claiming people are dropping like flies as simply an issue with availability heuristic and exaggeration but it is nice to see some numbers. I am curious how many of those are active accounts and how many simply exist (as in logging in at least once a month), but I doubt Anet will release those numbers.

At the very least, I’ve never had an issue finding a well-populated map and now that HoT is out and the base game is F2P I can go into literally any map and find plenty of people. Honestly, my experience in GW2 has only improved since it first came out (I’ve been playing since the first day) and I’m always excited to see new stuff come out. The fact that Anet is willing to try new stuff is a good thing. Sure I have some complaints but nothing is perfect.

We all want to see GW2 succeed, but some people just freak out about everything. I think we all need to remember that our opinions are 1. not universal and 2. not necessarily factual.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Raziel.4216

If, by your own definition, many can be between 2 and 200,000 then it is a fact that many people share my opinion. Feel free not to post anymore to avoid “getting called out”.

What?
The whole “argument” rests on the “fact” that many people are displeased, I am asking for a source to understand who this “many” is and how big it is, or if it’s simply people pulling stuff out of nowhere, or assuming (big suprise) that “me + guildmates + that other guy’s friends = tons of people!”
Burden of proof lies on the one who makes the claim, not the one disputes it.
Feel free to make sense in your next post, it’d help.

(edited by Raziel.4216)

Raziel.4216

We all want to see GW2 succeed, but some people just freak out about everything. I think we all need to remember that our opinions are 1. not universal and 2. not necessarily factual.

That’s a big problem in most forums and not just gaming ones, you’ll see way too many posts using “us”, “lots of people”, “many players”, etc. assuming whatever that person says is somehow supported by a representative portion of the population.

enlightened.5396

What?
The whole “argument” rests on the “fact” that many people are displeased, I am asking for a source to understand who this “many” is and how big it is, or if it’s simply people pulling stuff out of nowhere, or assuming (big suprise) that “me + guildmates + that other guy’s friends = tons of people!”

You know full well that I cannot provide empirical evidence – just as you can’t either. So just accept that I know more people that are not content than those that are. I’m not constructing an “argument” I’m just stating my views.

You disagree – good for you!!

Now get off my case!!

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Raziel.4216

What?

You know full well that I cannot provide empirical evidence – just as you can’t either. So just accept that I know more people that are not content than those that are. I’m not constructing an “argument” I’m just stating my views.

You disagree – good for you!!

Now get off my case!!

Your views, not “many” people’s views, there’s a big difference between “I dislike this” and “many people dislike this”. This issue always arises when people start talking not just for themselves but for an unspecified amount of people.
I don’t have to provide evidence, please look up “burden of proof” before commenting any further.
This is a public forum, if you want anyone to get off your case use PMs.

enlightened.5396

Okay … you win! Everything’s kittening marvellous!!!

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Raziel.4216

Very mature response

enlightened.5396

No point posting anymore – clearly I can’t quantify the “many” – it’s impossible. So I’ll just concede that because I can’t prove it then you must be right and everything must be rosy! You won’t accept that the fact that the majority of people that I talk to are not content counts for anything … I believe that my small sample can probably be extrapolated to an extent and does count for something.

We won’t agree so I’ll bow out gracefully and leave you and ANet to carry on the good work.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Raziel.4216

Never claimed anything, therefore I can’t be right.
All I did was dispute your claim, and since you’re throwing a tantrum now I guess that’s done.

enlightened.5396

You claimed I was wrong! I’m agreeing with you.

Not throwing a tantrum – just banging my head against a brick wall. Just have a look at the threads on this forum. A lot, many, quite a few, more than one, multiple, several, a handful, myriad, umpteen people are not content.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Raziel.4216

And just as many are content in reddit, which has a much larger population than any particular game’s forum.
So an unspecified amount of people don’t like it while an unspecified amount of people like it, awesome, that gets you far.

enlightened.5396

ANet clearly take the same view as you. Time will tell whether it is the correct stance.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Raziel.4216

Indeed, time will tell.
A MMO or it’s expansions’ success are determined months after it’s release, that’s when you’ll know if “many” people liked it or not.
Before that data’s available it’s simply baseless speculation.

enlightened.5396

One month, five months … or many months? ;-)

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

(edited by enlightened.5396)

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

And just as many are content in reddit, which has a much larger population than any particular game’s forum.
So an unspecified amount of people don’t like it while an unspecified amount of people like it, awesome, that gets you far.

Does Reddit allow only people that have paid for the game to post?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

That’s a stretch, go to Reddit right now and tell me how many posts are positive vs. negative. If they were all positive you would not have had 4 separate responses by Colin in a day. Delusion does not help anything or anyone. At the end of it all there are many baseless complaints but there a just as many more that are completely valid, arguing otherwise is just opinion, the proof is in the overall log in numbers and only Anet knows those and sure as I’m here today they will never publicly make that available.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Most likely it’s a holiday thing; she is listed as the Forum Communications Team Lead, which pretty much means her main responsibility is responding to/consolidating feedback from (or having a team do that for her) hooligans like us who type stuff all the time. Gotta say that she probably earned the break the minute she stepped into the forums, haha. Okay, maybe not all of us are that bad. =P

Probably. She was support team, I believe, prior to getting the forum communications title though, so it’s hard to say for sure what all responsibilities they put on her. Forum communications may be a sometimes role and her role may be shifting over time as well.

Office politics, changing priorities, and all that.

Yeah, there is a lot of negativity to take in. Can’t say I’d jump at the job. Would certainly be a unique kind of challenge though. Part of me would want to try that sort of job, just to see what kind of mood and presentation I could sow among forummers from that kind of position.

Haha, I would immediately (and without restraint) jump on the job if they even pretended to offer it to me. xD

Forum management/communication is a dream job compared to (non-studio) office work. Being part of a creative project… don’t even get me started on how awesome that is!

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

(edited by Swift.1930)

Raziel.4216

That’s a stretch, go to Reddit right now and tell me how many posts are positive vs. negative. If they were all positive you would not have had 4 separate responses by Colin in a day. Delusion does not help anything or anyone. At the end of it all there are many baseless complaints but there a just as many more that are completely valid, arguing otherwise is just opinion, the proof is in the overall log in numbers and only Anet knows those and sure as I’m here today they will never publicly make that available.

Wait what? Since the devs are comunicating, this is somehow evidence that not everything’s good? But who said everything’s good? happy with current content =/= everything’s perfect.
So if they don’t comunicate they’re ignoring us, if they do it’s evidence that kitten hit the fan. Now that’s a stretch.

Raziel.4216

Not afaik.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No. Anybody can post and signing up is fairly painless.

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Lol, i have been visiting Reddit for the past several weeks, and the sheer number of negative posts far outnumbered the positive ones. It is a little less toxic than the main forums, but things are getting fairly negative there.

I mean, just look at this screenshot, today’s topvoted message is https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v3hzc/anet_you_need_to_be_better_than_this_to_your/

Attachments:

Raziel.4216

Lol, i have been visiting Reddit for the past several weeks, and the sheer number of negative posts far outnumbered the positive ones. It is a little less toxic than the main forums, but things are getting fairly negative there.

I mean, just look at this screenshot, today’s topvoted message is https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v3hzc/anet_you_need_to_be_better_than_this_to_your/

And during HoT launch it was overwhelmingly positive, so what?

Like my post said, an unspecified amount of people like it and an unspecified amount don’t, the posts that claim to have some sort of majority on their side are lying.

MMO success is determined months after it’s release based on sales and retention, sales were fine according to one of their e-sport websites but we don’t know how reliable those are.
Retention is far more important and it can’t be known yet.

(edited by Raziel.4216)

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

And during HoT launch it was overwhelmingly positive, so what?

Like my post said, an unspecified amount of people like it and an unspecified amount don’t, the posts that claim to have some sort of majority on their side are lying.

MMO success is determined months after it’s release based on sales and retention, sales were fine according to one of their e-sport websites but we don’t know how reliable those are.
Retention is far more important and it can’t be known yet.

What are you trying to imply? Dev shouldn’t address players’ issues until the retention numbers dip?

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

If you crash at DS just use 64 bit client. Dev respond more often on reddit because people there are not raging mobs who trying to burn down castle Arena net.

Man, what reddit does this guy go on…

I’ve been trying to find it for 3 days….

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I read reddit and I read these forums. Many people on these forums are frustrated. Far less people on reddit are frustrated. Some are, but not all, and not as frustrated.

People don’t like change. And some change isn’t for the best. But many people that complained early on are starting to warm to HoT, even though it still has some problems and some people have left. There are more than enough people playing and enjoying the game for Anet to continue to function as a company.

My guild is far more active now than it was before HoT. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

So yes, if your guild was focused on dungeon running, you might be less active. If your guild was focused on fractals taht might be true too. And we all know WvW is in a bad place, including Anet.

However, a bunch of people asked for more challenging content and a bunch of people got that, and some of those people are happy with the changes to the game.

That doesn’t mean there aren’t frustrated people. But there were as many, perhap more frustrated people when ascended gear came out and I don’t think that hurt the game’s population long term.

Anet makes changes all the time and people say it’ll be the end of the game. The NPE was supposed to be the end of the game, but it wasn’t.

People who cry doom and gloom because they don’t like something make the erroneous assumption that they’re in some kind of majoirty.

It’s happened before and it’ll happen again. The game is fine. The game almost certainly has more players now than it did six months ago. And thinking it’s not so is delusional.

See how easy that is?

Posted by: Nexterror.7180

Nexterror.7180

No its not fine. Thinking it is is delusional.
Pretty much any f2p player i talked to have no intention of buying the game. Numbers alone don’t mean anything.