Can we have the Season 2 for free now?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MeNDoX.8031

MeNDoX.8031

Maybe, at the moment, it was a way to motivate people to participate in the Living Story as it was happening to make it free for those who log in at the right moment but charge gems for those who don’t, BUT, right now, we have a lot of new players that weren’t playing at that moment and they can’t see Season 1 because is not available yet and the Season 2 is there, but with gems. I think this is unfair.

Yes, I know, is not very expensive, but, common, is like charging for a mini mini expansion or for dungeons. I think all gems stuff deserve to be gems stuff, but the story itself? I think that is unnecesary, so, please , can you unlock the Season 2 for free? (insert here a picture of the cat from Shrek).

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

So do all the people who bought it then get a refund lol?

MeNDoX.8031

Nobody get a refund for the base game buying the expansion xD.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

There is an important aspect to Season 2 – it gives lots of mastery points.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

You could have gotten it free if you had logged in while it was first active, usually about 2 weeks. After that it went to the Gem Store. You can buy it with gems, exchange gold for gems or use real money to get them.

No this is not pay to win since you could have gotten them free and now you can use in game gold for gems.

Posted by: Lhos.1643

Lhos.1643

You could have gotten it free if you had logged in while it was first active, usually about 2 weeks. After that it went to the Gem Store. You can buy it with gems, exchange gold for gems or use real money to get them.

Why were they even added to the gem store?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Because many players requested that they be added for purchase, since they missed the time the Episodes were available, for one.

Posted by: kylania.6924

kylania.6924

They are 20% off the gem price currently, kinda like getting one episode for free!

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I always thought they should have been added to HoT.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Don;t see why not it should be part of H.O.T any thing less is just kinda Lame and a money grab to new ppl who might enjoy the story

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Nobody get a refund for the base game buying the expansion xD.

Yup we bought the base game, no refund, now it’s free. (With HoT0.

Yeah they should give living story 2 away free.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Starwolf.4891

Starwolf.4891

Arenanet should add the Christmas and Halloween events to the gemstore too for anyone who might have missed them. =(

Lhos.1643

Because many players requested that they be added for purchase, since they missed the time the Episodes were available, for one.

The episodes are still available in the game; if they weren’t, nobody would be able to play them whether they had access to them or not. Making us buy them has no effect on that.

Let me rephrase my question; Why were they given a price?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My bad, I totally phrased that wrong. People who missed Season One wanted a way to have Living Story available. Season Two remedied that by making them available free if playing when live, and able to be purchased if not.

Maybe old seasons will become free again, at some time in the future. Maybe after Season Three. Who knows?

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

How about abet charge us gems to take part in wintersday this year?

I’m feeling like Scrooge – just hope the ghosts don’t visit this year.
Hmm…think I’ll stop now before we give anet too many ideas.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Lhos.1643

My bad, I totally phrased that wrong. People who missed Season One wanted a way to have Living Story available. Season Two remedied that by making them available free if playing when live, and able to be purchased if not.

Maybe old seasons will become free again, at some time in the future. Maybe after Season Three. Who knows?

I’d love to play through Season 1 myself, but I’m not willing to pay for it, and the same goes for the parts of Season 2 I missed (ep 1, 2). Supposedly, the purchase price of GW2 should have given me access to these thanks to people making gem store purchases, and I don’t see how there could be monetary value in having people log in just to claim access to a new LS episode. It feels like the decision was made to try to raise some cash, that thing the gem store was supposed to do – naturally, if there’s some snippet from anet somewhere proving me wrong on this, that changes everything.

To put this another way: Given the kittenstorm over character slots with HoT, people would probably be pretty upset if they got bored of HoT before Season 3 came out, didn’t play for a year, and then came back to find out they had to pony up 200 gems for each new episode that came out while they were gone – something that their purchase of HoT was supposed to cover.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

They already had a discounts before and I’m sure they will have them again.

Alternative option is to join a friend who has story unlocked and playtrough with him.
There is no rewards I think but atleast you can see the story.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Season 2 was introduced with a price from the start. The gem costs were waived for anyone who logged in during the 2-5 week period each episode was live.

Obviously, those of us who were around then find that a great deal. In contrast, those of us who just bought HoT and want the core mastery points (or related shines) are likely to find it annoying. Arguably, that makes it a fair compromise between ANet offering new content without any compensation and ANet charging everyone for Living Story updates.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: HandsomYungArab.8910

HandsomYungArab.8910

I remember right before HoT release they had it for 600gems on the gemstore.

I was gonna get it, I swear I was. but then, I was like “Naw, naw dont do it, save the money son. I’m finna drop hunnid on that HoT. I dont need you!”

…and now I kinda need it to top off my masteries… so, yall tryna let me hold that 400gem special, whats good, whats up?

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yup we bought the base game, no refund, now it’s free. (With HoT0.

Yeah they should give living story 2 away free.

That would mess up their “play while it’s fresh” philosophy though. If you can play it now for free, OR wait two weeks and have to pay, OR wait until the next big expansion and it’ll be free again, then most of the people who pass on the first option would wait for the third. The whole point is to give players incentive to keep checking in every couple weeks and maybe play a little and enjoy it. If you miss out on that chance, too bad.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

HOT is designed to encourage players to also purchase LS2 in order to complete masteries. End of story. You won’t be getting any more free stories.

Lhos.1643

Season 2 was introduced with a price from the start. The gem costs were waived for anyone who logged in during the 2-5 week period each episode was live.

Well yes, but why?. If the purpose of introducing them with a price was to make money, why offer them at no charge at all? I just don’t get the split here; why give them away to people who did something as simple as logging in during a two-week period and clicking a button (not the same as being an active player), then charge everyone else gems for them? It creates a bigger problem for new players – finish the core game story, and then have to fork over gold or cash to access the content that bridges that to HoT. Mordy isn’t even mentioned in the core game, is it?

I know I’m beating a dead horse here, done now. :P

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Well yes, but why?. If the purpose of introducing them with a price was to make money, why offer them at no charge at all? I just don’t get the split here; why give them away to people who did something as simple as logging in during a two-week period and clicking a button (not the same as being an active player), then charge everyone else gems for them? It creates a bigger problem for new players – finish the core game story, and then have to fork over gold or cash to access the content that bridges that to HoT. Mordy isn’t even mentioned in the core game, is it?

Why didn’t you just log-in during the 2 week period ?
Why didn’t you actively support the game at all until HoT ?
Why do you feel you must be given legacy content for free, when there’s an active policy in place that handle exactly how its monetized ?

I know i’m asking a bunch of why statements to try and get people to answer the obvious here but i’ll keep asking anyway.

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

Why do you feel you must be given legacy content for free, when there’s an active policy in place that handle exactly how its monetized ?

I have all Season 2 opened on this account that I no longer play.
For HoT I bought a new account, do I really need to pay for LS2?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I have all Season 2 opened on this account that I no longer play.
For HoT I bought a new account, do I really need to pay for LS2?

I would ask why you no longer play it…or why you’d get the expansion for a new account. To each their own.

Contact support they may be able to help you.

Otherwise the answer is yes.

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

I would ask why you no longer play it…or why you’d get the expansion for a new account. To each their own.

Because for 1.5 years all i did was basically creating, leveling and deleting characters, without deciding which I actually should play… So lots of time played and not much achieved.
On new account I decided to play only one character (sylvari revenant) and see how fast I can get achievements, Legendaries and so on.

You could have done that with a free slot on your old account and kept access to older content.

Sure i can for story, but Anet decided to put a lot of Tyria mastery points into LS2. I have experience, but don’t have enough points to unlock some masteries.

(edited by Halan.7931)

Posted by: kylania.6924

kylania.6924

You could have done that with a free slot on your old account and kept access to older content. I don’t follow your logic, but hope you have fun with your new revenant! I still need to try that.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Just imagine all the complaints that Anet would get if they gave away LS2 with HoT.

Lhos.1643

Because GW2 didn’t click for me when I started three weeks after launch, so I put it aside because there was no subscription fee, then came back a year or two later and got into it.

Why didn’t you actively support the game at all until HoT ?

I wasn’t required to do so at all beyond my initial purchase price. This is one of the selling points of the game.

See my previous answers. If the point of monetizing the content was to generate revenue, then it shouldn’t have been free at all to begin with. If the purpose of charging a fee to some people was to reward active players, it was done is a completely kitten -backwards way (unless logging in and clicking a button defines you as an active player). If the idea of rewarding active players was based on the hope that those players would have been more likely to buy gems, then the LS episodes should have been free to players who had made gem purchases. The way it’s been handled also only makes it more difficult for newer players to get into the game – players who were given the base game along with HoT so they didn’t have to spend money on both and to make it easier to get into the game.

TL;DR: Charging a fee for LS episodes contradicts the whole concept of not having a subscription fee and being able to come back whenever you like (different from time-restricted content like festivals, which are free), and its goal is completely unclear.

edits because clarity.

(edited by Lhos.1643)

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Anet sayed that you buy only one time the game, after that you play the game for free… so why is S2 sold for gems…that’s a different game, not gw2 or HoT?! I’m missing something out?!
My oppinion: Don’t sell anymore S2, or it should be free! (GW2 original is free now for HoT players) End of story!

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Anet sayed that you buy only one time the game, after that you play the game for free… so why is S2 sold for gems…that’s a different game, not gw2 or HoT?! I’m missing something out?!
My oppinion: Don’t sell anymore S2, or it should be free! (GW2 original is free now for HoT players) End of story!

LS:S2 was free. You had a chance to get it for free. Its your fault you missed out on it.
Also, LS:S2 is free. You can buy gems with gold, you can buy episodes with gems.
Get off the forums, go play the game, get some gold and earn yourself the LS:S2.

End of story.

Edit:
GW2 Core is free for everyone, not just HoT players btw.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

LordOtto.2650

I have the gold, have the gems. (It’s a mather of rightness)
“GW2 Core is free for everyone, not just HoT players btw.” The meaning of the “free” content you don’t understand, go make yourself an e-mail account, play freely the content ( I’ve done that), you will see the difference in “free” playing, while who bought HoT can really play the the Gw2 original without restrictions. ( So don’t ever post to me..! )
I’ve payed for Gw2 original, I’ve payed for HoT, I’ve been hacked to, in the time of S2, and a lot of time passed ‘till I got my account back…
And you are saying 2-3 weeks were enough..what about tones of ppl who were in vacation, bussiness? 2-3-4-5 weeks are nothing in MMO’s, so s..t up!
I didn’t say I will not buy the S2, I’ve said my oppinion wath should be fair! ( Don’t sell it anymore or give it to us free )

LordOtto.2650

And the big question, why do I have to buy free mastery points?! (Tyria mastery points)
How do you get all masterys done in Tyria if S2 prevents it, because you don’t have it..?!
And I will be forced to buy with gold—>gems the S2, only to have all masterys in Tyria?!

(edited by LordOtto.2650)

ArtemusHunter.9521

I have the gold, have the gems. (It’s a mather of rightness)
“GW2 Core is free for everyone, not just HoT players btw.” The meaning of the “free” content you don’t understand, go make yourself an e-mail account, play freely the content ( I’ve done that), you will see the difference in “free” playing, while who bought HoT can really play the the Gw2 original without restrictions. ( So don’t ever post to me..! )
I’ve payed for Gw2 original, I’ve payed for HoT, I’ve been hacked to, in the time of S2, and a lot of time passed ‘till I got my account back…
And you are saying 2-3 weeks were enough..what about tones of ppl who were in vacation, bussiness? 2-3-4-5 weeks are nothing in MMO’s, so s..t up!
I didn’t say I will not buy the S2, I’ve said my oppinion wath should be fair! ( Don’t sell it anymore or give it to us free )

If you we’re hacked into, you should consider getting better at not being hacked into. The entire time I’ve been playing GW(GW1 and GW2) I’ve never lost an account because I’m conscience of my decisions online. I don’t recall Anet ever stating that people should make new passwords due to a breach in security, so the blame for your account being hacked into lies on your own personal online decisions. That’s on you. Be more conscience with your password decisions online.

Or maybe you bought your account from a third-party site instead of directly from Anet. Which is dumb and asking for trouble, but either way, be more conscience.

As for the vacation thing; Choosing to not be online during an event – such as living story releases – means you’re choosing to miss out on that content. Living Story releases are basically sudo-festival events. Be glad they’re buyable, because it could of been like LS:S1 and just a one-time thing. Main thing is though, you chose to miss out on that, and then complain afterwards that it costs gold/money to get. Well no kitten , stop asking for handouts. I mean, you could of probably gotten someone to log in for you. A friend perhaps? I did that for my friend(for a different game granted), its not impossible. The excuse of “I went on vacation” is a poor one at best.

And the big question, why do I have to buy free mastery points?! (Tyria mastery points)
How do you get all masterys done in Tyria if S2 prevents it, because you don’t have it..?!
And I will be forced to buy with gold—>gems the S2, only to have all masterys in Tyria?!

How do you get all masteries done without LS:S2?
You stop complaining, you log in, you buy gems(be it by gold or by cash), you buy LS:S2. That’s how. Don’t like it, you really should of been here during the free period then. Stop asking for hand outs.

Lhos.1643

Stop asking for hand outs.

Stop being one of those people. This response shows up the instant someone dares ask for something regardless of why they want it.

As for the vacation thing; Choosing to not be online during an event – such as living story releases – means you’re choosing to miss out on that content.

This isn’t how GW2 was supposed to work. Pay one price, get the game. No subscription fees – people electing to make gem store purchases for purely optional, non-story-related things would take care of that. I’m pretty sure it’s well within reason to be upset that this was changed after I purchased. I’ve clearly laid out contradictions and inconsistencies in numerous possible reasons for their decisions.

inb4 you bring up festivals or some such: those are obviously time-restricted for a reason. LS episodes aren’t the same kind of content.

(edited by Lhos.1643)

ArtemusHunter.9521

Stop being one of those people. This response shows up the instant someone dares ask for something regardless of why they want it.

As for the vacation thing; Choosing to not be online during an event – such as living story releases – means you’re choosing to miss out on that content.

This isn’t how GW2 was supposed to work. Pay one price, get the game. No subscription fees – people electing to make gem store purchases for purely optional, non-story-related things would take care of that. I’m pretty sure it’s well within reason to be upset that this was changed after I purchased. I’ve clearly laid out contradictions and inconsistencies in numerous possible reasons for their decisions.

inb4 you bring up festivals or some such: those are obviously time-restricted for a reason. LS episodes aren’t the same kind of content.

This isn’t how GW2 is supposed to be either. It isn’t supposed to hold your hand and the dev’s are not supposed to hold your hand either. That was one of the original idea’s behind the development of the game. Asking for a hand out, which is what this is, is asking for the dev’s to hold your hand and give you all the cookies and goodies for free.

Technically, I was correct. Living Story is just that: Living. Here one moment, gone the next. You either participate during it or miss out. Choosing to go on a vacation during that time does not entitle you to the content and its goodies after its gone when you return. That’s how GW2 works. That’s how Living Story was designed. I paid for the game once, but am I complaining that I missed out on a few LS events because I couldn’t log in? No. Do I care all that much? Not really. I’d be stoked if I could buy them, but they are Season 1, so that’s not happening.

Nothing was changed for the business model. They gave out optional content, they’ve done this in the past with GW1 and I don’t recall ever hearing people complain about it. GW1 had missions that were an optional buy-in for the game. They shouldn’t give out the content for free. I purpose a different change. Make it so the core game will give you enough to finish the masteries of Core Tyria. If there are masteries locked behind those LS episodes, then I kind of get the complaint. But to an extent. I personally wouldn’t change it so those LS:S2 episodes were free. It’s optional content. Something to work towards earning also. Just Do It.

Edit:

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In the part of my post that you didn’t quote, I explained why: it was a compromise between offering content for free and earning some cash for new content. That’s why there was a split.

Again, a convenient way to think of it is that ANet always intended to charge for each living story episode, they always intended to offer a discount for the whole season, and I’m sure they always intended to offer a deeper discount some time after that. As a reward for those playing at the same time, they offered the episodes for free to those logging in.

You might as well ask, “why does ANet only offer free gems to people who have earned 5,000|10,000|15,000|… achievement points?” It’s the same idea — it’s a loyalty reward, and that’s only offered to people who have shown loyalty (in the predefined way).

Still, I’m not suggesting that you are required to like or approve of such a system, only to see why it makes sense from ANet’s point of view.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Lhos.1643

In the part of my post that you didn’t quote, I explained why: it was a compromise between offering content for free and earning some cash for new content. That’s why there was a split.

Whups. Thank you and sorry, missed it. :x

You might as well ask, “why does ANet only offer free gems to people who have earned 5,000|10,000|15,000|… achievement points?” It’s the same idea — it’s a loyalty reward, and that’s only offered to people who have shown loyalty (in the predefined way).

These aren’t the same thing, though. AP takes consistent effort to build up, whereas if they wanted to reward consistently active players with free LS content, they should have tied it to something that actually required consistent activity. I did manage to get all but the first two Season 2 episodes when they were free, but it was because someone let me know when they came out so I could log in to click the magic button. I wasn’t an even remotely active player at the time.

This isn’t how GW2 is supposed to be either. It isn’t supposed to hold your hand and the dev’s are not supposed to hold your hand either. That was one of the original idea’s behind the development of the game. Asking for a hand out, which is what this is, is asking for the dev’s to hold your hand and give you all the cookies and goodies for free.

Hardly. I’m asking for core story content that connects the main game’s story with HoT, and that (as far as I understand it) was supposed to be paid for by gem store purchases – something that wasn’t required for LS access and didn’t seem to be involved in anet’s logic anywhere in how access was granted. I’m not sitting here whining about legendaries or Nightfury or whatever else.

Technically, I was correct. Living Story is just that: Living. Here one moment, gone the next. You either participate during it or miss out. Choosing to go on a vacation during that time does not entitle you to the content and its goodies after its gone when you return. That’s how GW2 works. That’s how Living Story was designed. I paid for the game once, but am I complaining that I missed out on a few LS events because I couldn’t log in? No. Do I care all that much? Not really. I’d be stoked if I could buy them, but they are Season 1, so that’s not happening.

I actually have no issue with not being able to play Season 1, but then again, nobody else can, either. There was no seemingly arbitrary decision about who had to pay for it and who didn’t – if you logged in, you could experience it, then when it was over, that was that. The sole problem I have here is that for some unknown reason (though it may have just been covered by another poster), Season 2 access comes with a fee if you were late to the button-clicking party.

(edited by Lhos.1643)

Posted by: SirDerp.3520

SirDerp.3520

I agree that, currently, the monetization of this game is a little confusing. I took the Living Story as being a form of DLC. You don’t need it to play the game. LS is merely an expanded story. The same goes with the Heart of Thorns expac. You do not need it to play what was available in the core game.

What confuses all of this is the fact that the core game went free to play right before HoT launch. It’s not like Anet is the first company to do this, though. Plenty of MMOs have been going F2P after people have already paid for the game. If you were one to have already purchased the game before it went F2P, you kinda just have to accept that new people are now able to play what you paid for, for free.

The next questions are… Was the expac price worth it? Will Anet sell the new Living Stories?

MeNDoX.8031

I ‘ve paid for the core game in 2012 to have FULL ACCES to ALL ITS CONTENT. Now I’ve paid for an Expansion Pack to have FULL ACESS to ALL ITS CONTENT. But after all that money I’ve already pay, I don’t have that FULL ACCESS, because now I have to PAY MORE to have ALL THE CONTENT.

The gem store is suppose to be for extra stuff, cosmetics. Season 2 is not like a skin, is not something that is doesn’t matter if you don’t have. IS THE F****** MAIN STORY of the game. Even more, is the final chapter of the the core game that I BOUGHT and the direct connection, the first part of the story of the Expansion that I also BOUGHT.

It doesn’t matter if I logged on or not when this was happening. The great diary system that is a really good feature, a fantastic way to grant access to the players to play that content even if the time when that was happening has ended long ago, but no this way, this is not a item for the gemstore. I’ve already made the proper payment for this.

I took my money and put in their pockets to have access to all the content and that is enough to give me the right to play that content whenever I want to play it. PERIOD.

Is this something too hard to understand?

This can’t be compare it to the seasons festivals. This is the MAIN STORY OF THE GAME. So, is good for you to start playing in 2015 and notice that the first part of you personal story is not available for free because was free just in 2012 when the launch of the game? This is, in a nutshell, what the defenders of charge money for the season 2 are saying here.

(edited by MeNDoX.8031)

Posted by: zeraw.2691

zeraw.2691

Some people thinks that because they bought the game 3 years ago can now have the HoT for free, didn’t u had fun playing those years? Or u want to the new players to pay 90€ to play Guild Wars 2? Deal with it.
In next expansion, HoT and Core will be for free.

but better: Let’s make GW2 and charge for 45€, everyone buys the game, good, ok, now let’s make a new expansion and kitten our minds programing the new game and give it for FREE…

U paid 45€ for 2 or 3 years of fun, jesus!

If u want the story just farm gold, trade for Diamonds and voila, u can buy a new chapter.
Or, go to work, save some money and spend it on the game! Just don’t cry!

CRY ME A RIVER!!!

(edited by zeraw.2691)

Ohoni.6057

What confuses all of this is the fact that the core game went free to play right before HoT launch. It’s not like Anet is the first company to do this, though. Plenty of MMOs have been going F2P after people have already paid for the game. If you were one to have already purchased the game before it went F2P, you kinda just have to accept that new people are now able to play what you paid for, for free.

Honestly, people have zero justification to complain about the F2P thing. It went free to play after THREE YEARS, and it never had a subscription, so people who bought the game on day one paid $1.60 per month to play the game. People who bought it a year before HoT at $10 would have only paid $0.83 per month. In contrast, I bought a lifetime sub to DCUO back in the day, which I forget the cost but it was somewhere around $250 total, and yet they went F2P in less than a year, negating both the box purchase AND that lifetime subscription.

done by now.”

Ohoni.6057

The gem store is suppose to be for extra stuff, cosmetics. Season 2 is not like a skin, is not something that is doesn’t matter if you don’t have. IS THE F****** MAIN STORY of the game. Even more, is the final chapter of the the core game that I BOUGHT and the direct connection, the first part of the story of the Expansion that I also BOUGHT.

Not true. You didn’t buy season 2. You bought the Personal Story. Anything they chose to add after that, they choose the price they set for it. It could be free, it could cost a few bucks, totally up to them and they promised no differently. You never bought the right to play Season 2. Neither did I, but I was playing at the time and they chose to give it to me for free, an that’s cool, but I was never owed it.

done by now.”

MeNDoX.8031

This post is asking for free Season 2, is not about asking a refund for the core game become free, maybe should start another post. Let’s try to stay on track about what we’re talking here.

Posted by: SirDerp.3520

SirDerp.3520

Not true. You didn’t buy season 2. You bought the Personal Story. Anything they chose to add after that, they choose the price they set for it. It could be free, it could cost a few bucks, totally up to them and they promised no differently. You never bought the right to play Season 2. Neither did I, but I was playing at the time and they chose to give it to me for free, an that’s cool, but I was never owed it.

This. Right here. You have not lost access to a single thing that you already paid for. You do not, however, get free access to something that you haven’t paid for. Living Story is extra content, not core game content that came with the box price.

That being said, I would like to see Anet cut together some cutscenes that you could preview to summarize season 2 of the LS. That way those who purchased HoT won’t miss storyline (pay for living story if you want to actually experience it).

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Each episode only costs like a day of gold farming. That is free enough, IMO.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

just farm for gems really isnt as hard as people think. The company already been generous as hell compared to other companies just be thankful.They basically gave the core game away for free thats a but load of content already.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

they made it available for purchase is generous enough already. unlike season 1.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Ohoni.6057

they made it available for purchase is generous enough already. unlike season 1.

They would have made S1 available if they could, but unfortunately the way they rolled it out is not convenient to “packaging up” for people to just jump into. It was all a series of open world events that would make no sense as something just you are doing. They made a summary movie thing for it, which is about as much as they could manage. They specifically designed S2 with the intent of “boxing it up,” as mostly personal story chapters and story nodes, so that’s why it works.

done by now.”

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

Hopefully they will never do it.
It’s an extra story an Anet needs money….u dont have it…buy it…it simple