Chill out, we'll get a lot of free stuff...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

The funny part is that the main thread about this has 4100 posts which 4000 are players complaining about this vs 100 that think is a fair price.
Numbers don’t lie.

Seeing as everyone doesn’t post here and pretty much only those that want to share their opinions do. I’d say numbers do not matter.

You really think people want to make happy threads when they are constantly de-railed/high-jacked by someone else and then it just turns into a flame war?

When or if anet releases that amount of copies they have sold of HoT. Numbers will not really mean anything.

Really? number don’t mean anything? example of 3 players
1 player buy HoT = $50
2 leave because they think is not worth OR
3 players buy at $29 or $39 each.
Do the math genius.

Yes numbers don’t mean anything unless anet gives us a number of how many copies they sold.

Example:

So say the first day they sold 10,000 copies of HoT but have 4,000 threads of complaints. Which number is greater then?

Unless you know for a fact how many copies were sold you can not use numbers of threads to make your point. For all we know they may have sold 5 copies or maybe they even sold 50,000 copies.. We just don’t know.

Was that really hard to understand?

they sold 10000 at $50 each = $500k OR
they can sell 40000 copies at $39 each, you and I are assuming but looking at the forums you can see people are not happy and 4000 vs 100 is a HUGE difference.

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

You just can’t do maths like this.
It’s all about how many people will buy it in the end.

And if A-Net doesn’t do any discounts they must be sure that this gives most revenue in the end = almost equal amount of people will buy it anyway.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

The funny part is that the main thread about this has 4100 posts which 4000 are players complaining about this vs 100 that think is a fair price.
Numbers don’t lie.

Seeing as everyone doesn’t post here and pretty much only those that want to share their opinions do. I’d say numbers do not matter.

You really think people want to make happy threads when they are constantly de-railed/high-jacked by someone else and then it just turns into a flame war?

When or if anet releases that amount of copies they have sold of HoT. Numbers will not really mean anything.

1 player buy HoT = $50
Do the math genius.

Yes numbers don’t mean anything unless anet gives us a number of how many copies they sold.

Example:

So say the first day they sold 10,000 copies of HoT but have 4,000 threads of complaints. Which number is greater then?

Unless you know for a fact how many copies were sold you can not use numbers of threads to make your point. For all we know they may have sold 5 copies or maybe they even sold 50,000 copies.. We just don’t know.

they can sell 40000 copies at $39 each, you and I are assuming but looking at the forums you can see people are not happy and 4000 vs 100 is a HUGE difference.

Like I pointed out not everyone is going to come here and make a happy thread. Some players probably don’t even come to these forums. I’ve been playing for over two years yet my oldest post is from one year ago. I basically played the game for more than a year before even coming to these forums.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: MMOGamer.6175

MMOGamer.6175

What the hell guys, calm yoselves

45 euros for the xpac isn’t that much of a hastle.

We got a triple A game (try to deny me, you play it as well) for 3 years that has offered us TONS and TONS of free content post-release, a revolution in mmos and many other things, this is the only mmo i keep returning to. Now we get an xpac, and you guys freak out.

why would any of you think we won’t get another bunch of free feature packs on top of the expansions promised content? weren’t the feature packs we got enough of an example of what they will give us post HOT-release?

The only thing I can slightly understand is the hate over the “favoring” of new players (with the add of the base game to hot without adding something for vets). But I do think they will sort that out.

Please do discuss with me why you think this xpac isn’t worth the 45 euros.

How about the FREE base game copy with the HoT expansion?

Glad ArenaNet isn’t a car dealership.
You would have to rebuy your old car packaged with your new car.

xbutcherx.3861

Numbers don’t lie.

1 player buy HoT = $50
Do the math genius.

Example:

Like I pointed out not everyone is going to come here and make a happy thread. Some players probably don’t even come to these forums. I’ve been playing for over two years yet my oldest post is from one year ago. I basically played the game for more than a year before even coming to these forums.

yeah people don’t make happy threads but 1500 post on REDDIT and 4000 post on a single thread here must be something right? plus all the articles about how players are raging about this.

Posted by: MMOGamer.6175

MMOGamer.6175

Mind your own kitten business then. People who don’t think it is worth it and who feel ripped off and who in general don’t like anets shady practices lately are voicing their opinion. If you don’t want to be told you’re wrong then stop telling people not to voice their kitten opinion as well.

You’re just playing hard to get. Either buy it, or don’t buy it. But no, you (and others) choose to whine, hoping to get something extra or just to make ANet feel bad.

Yes, I want the extra FREE base game that comes with EVERY HoT expansion that is paid for.

Glad ArenaNet isn’t a car dealership.
You would have to rebuy your old car packaged with your new car.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Some of us are taking the stand on the principle that they duped people into buying the core edition, were not honest about it (in fact they tried to hide it), some appreciation should be should to those of us who made this expansion possible with our wallets, and basically just don’t be scummy about it. Be up front, listen to us, and for the love of god, give us some form of an explanation.

It’s pretty bad when reviews are asking why they haven’t explained them selves yet.

I read on Reddit that refunds are being offered for at least 2 months, just saying.

refunds, yes, but in doing so the user loses any bought gems, any heroic edition upgrades, all progression, and quite possibly the ability to link to a GW1 account.

it’s true that people can get a refund, but:

• that’s a legal requirement
  • the user loses progression/gems
  • this is only an issue because Anet didn’t change their FAQ sooner.

Actually, the person in question had no progress lost. They posted an update post to reddit sometime earlier today.

xbutcherx.3861

Mind your own kitten business then. People who don’t think it is worth it and who feel ripped off and who in general don’t like anets shady practices lately are voicing their opinion. If you don’t want to be told you’re wrong then stop telling people not to voice their kitten opinion as well.

You’re just playing hard to get. Either buy it, or don’t buy it. But no, you (and others) choose to whine, hoping to get something extra or just to make ANet feel bad.

Funny coming from someone asking for a ESO account to try it out, posting on GW2 forums lulz

briggah.7910

Numbers don’t lie.

1 player buy HoT = $50
Do the math genius.

Example:

yeah people don’t make happy threads but 1500 post on REDDIT and 4000 post on a single thread here must be something right? plus all the articles about how players are raging about this.

I for one don’t even go to reddit. Those people I find are in their own little worlds. Not all of them so don’t mean to offend anyone that uses it.

I’ve also read a thread about someone that purchased HoT already but then from reading all the rage has had second thoughts. Now what was his reason for having second thoughts? Did he actually agree with everyone’s point or was it that he has seen so many people complaining that he felt he should just complain as well?

I think lots of people are complaining because so many others are complaining so why shouldn’t they complain.

Player Vs Everyone

xbutcherx.3861

Numbers don’t lie.

1 player buy HoT = $50
Do the math genius.

Example:

I for one don’t even go to reddit. Those people I find are in their own little worlds. Not all of them so don’t mean to offend anyone that uses it.

I’ve also read a thread about someone that purchased HoT already but then from reading all the rage has had second thoughts. Now what was his reason for having second thoughts? Did he actually agree with everyone’s point or was it that he has seen so many people complaining that he felt he should just complain as well?

I think lots of people are complaining because so many others are complaining so why shouldn’t they complain.

Yeah now I know why you haven’t post anything in a year, read all the posts and find out why we all raging about this price thing.

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

In business, “free” is a tricky word. You reinvest part of your earnings to continue profiting. Due to your sales or your gem store. Then you are happy to announce to your customers the new “free” content. Of course, this make that your customers feel better and continue supporting your product.

An expansion-rework is required when you need a shock to reassess your product. A symptom to do this is when your customers insist on it for some time and your level of benefits has declined or your investors want to revalue its investment to maintain or enhance their profits. If the results are not satisfactory then it’s time to start thinking about creating a new product while you have enough margin.

briggah.7910

Numbers don’t lie.

1 player buy HoT = $50
Do the math genius.

Example:

Yeah now I know why you haven’t post anything in a year, read all the posts and find out why we all raging about this price thing.

Some people are just happy and don’t need to share their opinions to stay happy. The rage is real that is no lie, but for someone that enjoys the game there really is no point for them to jump into the forums and share their opinions when the few of us that have shared our opinions are now getting flamed on.

Those that have their troll shield enabled will get away with sharing their opinions but not everyone has that ability to ignore those types of players. I’m guilty myself of feeding trolls. If anything I think there are a lot of people just sitting at home with their popcorn either laughing at most of this or maybe even doing the opposite and thinking that they actually play in a game that is full of so many angry players..

Player Vs Everyone

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

hands briggah some popcorn Its been like this. I tried to post a Thank you to Anet post, being nice, and gotta attacked by the guys with pitchforks.

Yeah, you tried to be nice by calling everyone that had a different opinion from yours noisy spoilt brats.

I said SOME of their attitudes were coming across as bratty, and only after those that had that attitude came into my thread attacking me because I was saying thank you. That is totally different than calling all those with different opinions from mine spoiled brats. If you are going to say what I said, please get it right.

There are a lot of attacks on people who don’t mind it and it’s sad that people are so miserable they have to try to drag those who are not down with them. I wish people could just say “Hey, that’s great that you’re happy! I’m not so much, but good for you!” Instead you see “Well if you’re happy getting SCAMMED you sheep! How dare you enjoy getting something everyone is kittened at!” I mean, I can understand the debate posts where people are looking to persuade/dissuade the masses and people have opposing opinions. But come on people, don’t poop on someone else’s excitement just because you’re upset!

Edit: BTW Kitiara, I read that thank you post and I thought it was nice. I was sad to see the vitriol that came after.

Thanks

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

While most living story stuff did take a day or less to complete, you are also forgetting that during those time, most of those had open world events that lasted until the next release. A lot people farmed those events for the entire two weeks to make gold or get items that only dropped during those events.

The farming aspect is considered an unrelated activity, as that could had easily been done (code side) in any other area, with the same amount of effort, simply by adding that material to the drop table. But theres a cup of irony added to the discussion in the way they distribute the Alt currencies, and the rewards tied to them. Since Dry top, there has been a huge move toward event based rewards. This important because its covering up 2 fundamental problems with how the rest of the game works.

1. This is a reward schedule. If you haven’t heard this term by now, it’ll be very important in all upcoming discussions concerning crafting, grinding, and veiled progression. Up until Dailies, and then Fractals, this was almost non-existent in the game’s core activities.

2. This acknowledges that they can’t rely on drop tables to simulate a reward schedule.

Why is this important? Because its sole purpose is to meter our progress, while making it look like the system is trying to help us. But mixed into this are Drop-only, high value trade or cosmetics. This is a 2-pronged attack to literally trick us into accepting the effort, despite how badly the odds are stacked against everyone involved. We see some random person get a high value drop, which drives us to attempt it. At the same time, the smaller rewards are stringing us along toward a more “accessible goal” as consolation.

If you boil it down, this is what every arc of Season 2 living story amounted to. Release 1 mini-dungeon, open new map, but only give access to 25-30% of it every 2 weeks, along side a set of1 hour long story chapters, add a new exclusive material, add a new currency type, and 2 sets of skins (one BL, one Unlockable).

Every 2 weeks during arc, unlock one portion of the map, unlock one portion of the crafted items set (via vendor or new events), unlock 1 chapter, maybe reveal a new mob or boss fight. For most of Season 2, also require perfect completion of achievements to unlock cosmetic or crafting item of the chapter. *For the remaining 12 days until the next chapter…… encourage mindless farming. *

Farming doesn’t help the content at all. It proactively distracts us from the fact that there was only 1 hour’s worth story content.

I’d argue that Silverwastes had set the stage for a great set of dynamic event, culminating toward an epic boss battle….. and then instead slapped together multiple standalone events that could be chained endlessly. Had it been planned well enough, they could had easily designed a series of major push-pull events like those found during the initial Southsun release. The battle against the first Karka Queen still stands in my mind as single great event in the history of the game. A lot of those elements leading up to, and including the mechanical style in the actual fight, could had been applied to the battle against the Vine Wrath, with much higher replay value then what we see now.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I straight up just read the GW2 twitter feed and all the news posts on the main website. And watch the Points of Interest streams.

I’ve been doing so for months, and that’s where I got aaaaaaaaaall my information.

There’s a communication problem here on Arenanet’s end. I’d love it if they’d put All That Stuff I Mentioned into a single rap sheet of features that we can easily browse, but instead you gotta sift through months of news and videos.

A lot of the “content” we are getting is basically copied and pasted code like crafting and armor. Crafting is not important and not many people bother with it. Small percentage wanted the ascended crap. But none of the content you mentioned is really exciting and worth $50. Plus it’s 3 levels on one map, so it’s one map we are getting, not 3.

Crafting is not important? All the more reason to expand upon it, so it becomes more integral to the game, your player experience and to customize your characters.

And people keep harping on the"(it’s only 1 map!! It’s got 3 levels but it’s only ONE!". Do we know how big this map is? I mean, who cares if we get 10 maps if they’re all small, dinky and feel the same? That also rams head first into another problem: map density. You keep making a butt load of maps, you’re only spreading out your players thinner and thinner.

It also skims the issue of map purpose: usually people don’t want multiple maps that are basically the same thing. A world area needs to serve a purpose and have a theme. Having maps for the kitten of it is stupid. And you might say “Well it’s their job to make all those maps serve a purpose!” to which can be countered easily. If the devs allocate more purpose to 1 important map, you get more Silverwaste/Orr type things and less Harathi Hinterlands/Brisban. Not saying the latter are useless and the former are great, just that there is an obvious density difference in the two for the reasons mentioned.

And then the final point that relates to map density: too many maps. Eventually, the game will span so many maps, players will simply forget they exist. Why accelerate that problem by introducing more maps quicker? At least one could try to solve the problem (yet it won’t happen) by making fewer but higher quality maps over time. You’ll get the same problem further down the line but at least the maps will serve a clear purpose, be of good quality and even if they fall off of the PvE meta-train, they still serve as “less dense, quiet areas” for those that prefer that type of PvE.

Lastly, people always look at their game-mode and selfishly ignore everything else. Anet isn’t adding just one map. There are guild hall maps, WvW maps and the new siege mode they are adding as well as more PvP maps and all that. So you may only see the map you want but ultimately, you’re arguing from a faulty, selfish (whiny) position which is less likely to strike a chord with anyone.

Leo G.4501

45 euros for the xpac isn’t that much of a hastle.

why would any of you think we won’t get another bunch of free feature packs on top of the expansions promised content?

So if my $50 dollars for the expansion is also for the “free feature packs” (which may or may not exist at some point in the future) then how exactly are they free?

Technically, not free. To get anything from this game, you have to purchase it first. It’s relatively free when you don’t have to pay extra and wasn’t included as part of the package you’re buying. I’d consider future features and additions that are likely going to be free: balance updates, living world updates (like the Lion’s Arch update, you might see a change to Orr later down the line, a change to Silverwastes or something), new holiday festivities, the possible return of SAB or maybe other variant type content like it, perhaps additions to core combat like the things getting added soon to profession traits, etc.

What I am (or am not) paying $50 for is the expansion. THATS ALL. I am NOT paying retroactively for the last two years of updates and I am NOT paying for potential future updates. I am paying for the expansion, nothing more, nothing less. If anet decide to throw out FREE (FREE, as in, not paid for) content in the future, then great, thanks a bunch. But that is not what my $50 dollars is for.

I’m sure they are going to add extra stuff to the HoT portion of the game as well, like new masteries, additions to masteries, more guild halls and stuff like that. Yeah, you’re not paying for that when you buy the expansion, but you can’t honestly be vice gripping your money while plugging your ears that the devs are also offering a service (that they aren’t charging you for!). This is where the whole mantra of “the customer is always right” stems from, not because the customer is always right, but that you must continue to provide unbiased and fair service so that the customer will provide repeat business.

Leo G.4501

Numbers don’t lie.

Well, those 4000 players (made up number) are mixed with people that simply can’t afford the PRE-ORDER right now, people that don’t want to spend extra money on the game, are frugal and simply want to wait for a lower price along with the people crying about being ripped off or betrayed.

I’d fall into the group that is just going to wait for a lower price, partially because I’m in no position to sit at a computer and play a game for hours at the moment (at least not comfortably). I’d buy the game up if a sale came along for when I can sit and play, but right now, I’m in no rush.

Numbers can lie, if the people interpreting and repeating the numbers have an agenda to lie.

Leo G.4501

some ppl comparing it to wow expansion:
wow (40$ plus 10$ monthly):

10 dungeons
6 raids
100 new armors
fairly good amount right there. wish HoT touted that much stuff

150 quests
okay, you didn’t mention anything about how many quests HoT would have in it’s rap sheet

20 mounts
no body cares…that’s like presenting mini pets as a feature of an expansion

1 continent
(10 big maps)
also quite impressive and I wish HoT could tout that. But is that sustainable? After 2+ more expansions, would you even care about half of those maps?

1 class
new skills
good

new levels
nobody cares about this. in fact, this is more a detriment

regular updates
new pvp maps
new arena
all good

new gear (pvp , pve)
you’re artificially inflating the list more. why separate “new gear” from the “100 armors”?

compare this to HoT.
50$ (no char slot)
1 class
1 wvw map
(don’t know about new pvp maps I guess 0)
1 pve map (3 maps in one)
1 big boss fight
specializations (8)
guild halls (3 years too late)
…missed anything?
you mentioned WoW’s quests but nothing regarding HoT’s equivalent, you mentioned mounts (lol) so why not mini-pets? nothing about the new game modes, you glossed over specializations which is alright, but that not only adds new skills, but also new traits and new weapons and new profession mechanics, but again that’s all right. you mentioned WoW’s regular updates so I guess you think GW2 will have none of that?

Posted by: the noobiniser.7465

the noobiniser.7465

Thank you everyone for not making this an anti arenanet thread and actually helping me give the people doubting a more positive thread about the xpac to show.

Arenanet hasn’t yet revealed all they have to show for the xpac, and I believe they will make the xpac as worth the money as the core game. (and not because that comes with it)

Entenkommando.5208

10 dungeons
6 raids
(basically only grinding grinding grinding grinding. Don’t know anything about HoT group content yet.)

100 new armors
(Think about all the skins that came with the living story the last 3 years. There will come more over time)

150 quests
(How many of those wall of text quests are you actually doing besides your main story? Again: you don’t know anything about how much you can do on the new maps. They said that there is a huge density of content so it will easily compete with that)

20 mounts
(like he said above…nothing exciting)

1 continent
10 big maps
(It is only logical that you will get to explore the entire Maguuma Jungle over time with the living story which means more maps. Also again: you don’t know how many maps you will get with HoT or how big they will be)

1 class
new skills
(HoT: New class, elite specialisations for all other classes, normal specialisations)

new levels
(Who gives a kitten? Only justifies the enormous amount of grinding content in the game)

regular updates
new pvp maps
new arena
(Just like HoT)

new gear (pvp , pve)
(Yaaay keep up the item loop. We need to make better gear with a higher level for every expansion so people have an actual reason to do 500 raids with a 0.001% chance of those things dropping. It would be horrible if they actually did this because of pure joy)

Yep…WoW is truly awesome.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Zunnar.8503

Zunnar.8503

Price isn’t the problem, absolutely no bonus for pre-purchasing, even if you own the original release, is.

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Price isn’t the problem, absolutely no bonus for pre-purchasing, even if you own the original release, is.

The access to the beta weekends is pretty much the only incentive *unless the prepurchase features (kite/guild hall item/mini) are removed after official launch

However, the “vanilla” GW2 HoT is hardly a good value for someone who owns GW2.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Posted by: Zunnar.8503

Zunnar.8503

The access to the beta weekends is pretty much the only incentive *unless the prepurchase features (kite/guild hall item/mini) are removed after official launch

However, the “vanilla” GW2 HoT is hardly a good value for someone who owns GW2.

The privilege of helping QA the product is not something I’d tout as a huge bonus. Seriously, something like a character slot or fluff item or something, but absolutely no incentive to pre-purchase at all unless you pay an exorbitantly inflated price.

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

I’m sure they are going to add extra stuff to the HoT portion of the game as well, like new masteries, additions to masteries, more guild halls and stuff like that. Yeah, you’re not paying for that when you buy the expansion, but you can’t honestly be vice gripping your money while plugging your ears that the devs are also offering a service (that they aren’t charging you for!). This is where the whole mantra of “the customer is always right” stems from, not because the customer is always right, but that you must continue to provide unbiased and fair service so that the customer will provide repeat business.

I’m sure they’ll keep updating the game too, but so what? I’m not paying for future potentialities, I’m paying for what’s in the expansion at the point I pay for it. The devs are offering a service? Yeah and that’s covered in the price of the product too, anet aren’t working anywhere close to a loss.

At the end of the day Anet have said it themselves, HoT isn’t about adding new areas or really expanding the game, it’s about laying the groundwork to continue expanding the game in the future with things like specializations and masteries. They probably should have laid that groundwork 2 years ago. From what I’ve seen HoT isn’t worth $50 of my dollars and all anet seem to do is reiterate and redesign everything in the game, over and over.

Anet’s silence just adds to the sense that they have no kittening clue where they’re going or what they’re doing. For instance that whole time where they said nothing about there being an expansion, all we knew was that half the people at anet were not working on the living world, we got told that things like new races and new skills could come as part of the living world, and that there were no current plans for an expansion. The impression I get is that Anet are just blundering along without a kittening clue. Most recently demonstrated by their back peddling on the “you need the base game to play the expansion” thing.

There are just so many little things where you have to shake your head and wonder what the hell they’re thinking (We can’t put SAB in because it’ll disrupt the flow of the living world, but here’s last years halloween copy pasted in!). I don’t have a lot of confidence in Anet at this point, I think many people feel the same way because of a lot of little things that have accumulated over time. That’s why HoT isn’t worth my $50.

Entenkommando.5208

They showed you the amount of content they bring in over time with the first game.

The concept of Guild Wars 2 is to simply split up the content so that you get to play over a long period of time and don’t finish the entire story within 2 days.

If you don’t like that concept, save your money.
If you did like the concept of Guild Wars 2 until now, what hinders you to support ANet to keep it like that?

You don’t even know more than 2 or 3 aspects of the expansion yet. So how can you evaluate it’s value?
They can come around the corner with 500 new things you haven’t even thought of until now. Yet you are judging the entire Addon by 1-2 mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. But how do you know what will be in the end? Do you have a time machine? No.

In these days I want to have a little counter under everyones forum name that shows the exact time you spent ingame.
And then you see at least 80% of the players with over 1000 hours of playtime complaining about a bad value for their money…

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

telling people to calm down when there is a justified reason to be disappointed, just makes them angrier.

This whole thing is looking more and more staged to me.

How about if we took your advice, stopped talking about it, and just flat out ignore it, we tell every reviewer every magazine, everybody not to talk about it, and let the 20 prepaid fan boys promote it ?

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Leo G.4501

I’m sure they’ll keep updating the game too, but so what? I’m not paying for future potentialities, I’m paying for what’s in the expansion at the point I pay for it. The devs are offering a service? Yeah and that’s covered in the price of the product too, anet aren’t working anywhere close to a loss.

Well for one, that is good and the purpose of running a service. You don’t want to run close to a loss. And the service they offer being covered by the cost of the box is the point. You don’t do business with someone to just keep them in business, you do business with someone to make them a profit off of something you desire. But the point I’m trying to make is, as a consumer, you don’t ignore those extra services while vice gripping your money. You use your money to get what you want but if no one is offering what you want, you either have to make it yourself, settle for what is available or use your patronage to sway a service to make what you’re looking for. To do any of that, you need to look at all the things offered in the service. Just holding onto your money and making demands won’t get you as far.

At the end of the day Anet have said it themselves, HoT isn’t about adding new areas or really expanding the game, it’s about laying the groundwork to continue expanding the game in the future with things like specializations and masteries. They probably should have laid that groundwork 2 years ago. From what I’ve seen HoT isn’t worth $50 of my dollars and all anet seem to do is reiterate and redesign everything in the game, over and over.

I agree, the price tag is rather steep for some and the amount of content we know of might not reflect the price for some. But you have to remember, we’re talking about a pre-purchase here. How often do people pay for pre-purchase games with less info and only a demo of a level?

That being said, I’d never advocate buying into a pre-purchase. I’ve never done it before and it honestly makes no sense to me. Back in the day, when stuff like games sold out and you might not see it available for another couple weeks? Yeah, then it made sense if you had to have it the day it came out. Now? Not with digital copies and such. So my opinion is, DON’T BUY THE PREPURCHASE. Whether the actual expansion is worth less or more than $50 is yet to be seen. We got time before it’s released.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I straight up just read the GW2 twitter feed and all the news posts on the main website. And watch the Points of Interest streams.

I’ve been doing so for months, and that’s where I got aaaaaaaaaall my information.

There’s a communication problem here on Arenanet’s end. I’d love it if they’d put All That Stuff I Mentioned into a single rap sheet of features that we can easily browse, but instead you gotta sift through months of news and videos.

and yet not a single link proving anything.

Here you go:
http://www.guildwars2.com

http://www.youtube.com/guildwars2

That’s good I might use that some time. Next time someone asks me to back up an argument I’ll just link https://www.google.com/

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Entenkommando.5208

There is only one justified reason to start a flamewar like this.
And that’s the FAQ change.
Everything else is pure greedy rage.

In one thread you read “It’s not about the 50$ it’s about is paying the same like a new guy” and in the next thread you read “I don’t care about the new guys I just want to pay less” and in the next thread you read “ANet hasn’t told us what’s going to come with the expansion but I say that it’s not worth the money because I’m a blind rager”
But in the end all they say is “Weeee I’m a crying veteran. It hasn’t been enaugh for me to enjoy this game for thousands of hours the last 3 years while only paying 50$ once. I want more more more.”
Just greedy rage.

And we can’t stop talking about it. If we don’t say anything outstanding people will think that the entire community is against it. Which it is obviously not.
People like to believe they are the majority with their complaints but fact is that most people enjoyed the game and will buy the expansion because they know that they will enjoy it again. And ANet knows it as well. In the end all the flamers will buy it as well because they see that their childish greedy crying is not as effective as they wished and instead they just go and enjoy the game like anyone else.

Also I just feel sad for the forum moderators who have to read all this bullkitten so I want to at least tell them that I believe in ANet and that I support them.
And if it’s only for the smile on their face.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Eagle.7208

Eagle.7208

Yeah, my favourite free part of this expansion is paying another 10 € for 800 gems to play the only thing that matters for me in this whole DLC, the revenant.

Or am I expected to delete 1 of my other 5 characters that cost me 20€ each in bagspace, a load of gold in armour and many good memorys, just to try out a class that I may or may not like.

Here I saw this video on a different thread. Watch it and tell me that we are greedy.

Ricky.4706

I think it’s beautiful that some people are ok with the pre-paid offerings …and further I insist that when the Original people that got married to Anet since their inception get cared for ….the pre-paid people don’t get it to show their sincerity – maybe I would even say yall should get white robes with zero defenses to symbolize your undying love.

Not me, ain’t nobody got time for that …I’ve been there for lags, crashes, hackers, bugs… failed events,….and I endured and loved them all the same!

It’s a known fact that when you let someone disrespect you, you are encouraging them to disrespect you even more.

So, No, Not with me, I’ve really and sincerely loved you since your inception Anet.

it’s just virtual stuff …it costs you NOTHING but a few lines of code. As your original life partner, I’ve been there …and I am NOT going to let you take this marriage to crap.

You can keep your side-chick fans, but you ain’t treating me like this, you know you love me just as much, if not more than I love you, and you are going to show it.

-finger snap-

Ok ?!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Numbers don’t lie.

Numbers do matter. Polls are part and parcel of gauging election results, for instance. All you need is a representative sample size, and 4k+ posts, not counting all the others is representative.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Entenkommando.5208

Yeah, my favourite free part of this expansion is paying another 10 € for 800 gems to play the only thing that matters for me in this whole DLC, the revenant.

Or am I expected to delete 1 of my other 5 characters that cost me 20€ each in bagspace, a load of gold in armour and many good memorys, just to try out a class that I may or may not like.

Here I saw this video on a different thread. Watch it and tell me that we are greedy.

You are greedy.
If you want to use the monkey analogy: it is like the left monkey got additional bananas the entire last month while the right didn’t get anything. And now he is mad about the few grapes.
But you can’t compare this since it’s too complex for them to understand.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

I think it’s beautiful that some people are ok with the pre-paid offerings …and further I insist that when the Original people that got married to Anet since their inception get cared for ….the pre-paid people don’t get it to show their sincerity – maybe I would even say yall should get white robes with zero defenses to symbolize your undying love.

Not me, ain’t nobody got time for that …I’ve been there for lags, crashes, hackers, bugs… failed events,….and I endured and loved them all the same!

It’s a known fact that when you let someone disrespect you, you are encouraging them to disrespect you even more.

So, No, Not with me, I’ve really and sincerely loved you since your inception Anet.

it’s just virtual stuff …it costs you NOTHING but a few lines of code. As your original life partner, I’ve been there …and I am NOT going to let you take this marriage to crap.

You can keep your side-chick fans, but you ain’t treating me like this, you know you love me just as much, if not more than I love you, and you are going to show it.

-finger snap-

Ok ?!

I’ll be a “side-chick” fan. Nothing wrong with being a girl! Kind of an offensive way to put it to a large chunk of the female fan base, not to mention a pathetic way to insult someone. I sincerely hope that was an accident!

Ricky.4706

ditto to say that the vets are whining. We’ve endured a lot and are not asking for much.

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

There’s no need to get angry…

Attachments:

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Ambika.6257

Numbers don’t lie.

Numbers do matter. Polls are part and parcel of gauging election results, for instance. All you need is a representative sample size, and 4k+ posts, not counting all the others is representative.

4k plus posts is NOT representative when they are not from 4k plus individuals. Once you’ve figured out how many actual individuals are making them, come back with that number.

Entenkommando.5208

I guess we played a different game then.
I only experienced bugs in the very beginning of gw2 where they were totally understandable. I never had a major number of crashes and I never saw a hacker that took my fun.
And I played wvw for years. You have no idea about lags.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Pretty Pixie.8603

You are greedy.
If you want to use the monkey analogy: it is like the left monkey got additional bananas the entire last month while the right didn’t get anything. And now he is mad about the few grapes.
But you can’t compare this since it’s too complex for them to understand.

Oh yeah, how dare he want value for money.

You should definately insinuate that someone’s stupid when they’re careful with their money.

Ricky.4706

ahh, so you weren’t there for the hacked orbs in wvw….that was a horrible experience. Luckily Anet fixed it. wvw still has issues, but not as many since the start.

I think it’s awesome you saw the nice parts of guildwars, – search a video on youtube where supposedly an Anet employee suicided one character for hacking in the pvp event. It’s been a mess, and as vets we’ve done our best to hold it down as peacefully as we could.

new players can get up to 6 new character slots, and vets get zero ? what ? serious ? no.

Pretty Pixie.8603

Numbers don’t lie.

4k plus posts is NOT representative when they are not from 4k plus individuals. Once you’ve figured out how many actual individuals are making them, come back with that number.

More than representative when you include All other threads, Reddit, MassivelyOP, other forums, twitter, etc.

Maybe I should tally all of those up too?

Reddit’s most upvoted post ’don’t prepurchase HoT’ has 3k upvotes.

Most popular thread here is 4k+

MassivelyOP thread was 450+ posts.

A conservative estimate would put the disgruntled customers at 70% guestimate.

That’s 5200+ sample size, far more than your average exit poll.

(edited by Pretty Pixie.8603)

Ambika.6257

Numbers don’t lie.

More than representative when you include All other threads, Reddit, MassivelyOP, other forums, twitter, etc.

Maybe I should tally all of those up too?

Absolutely! Have fun!

Ricky.4706

and for the record, if anet needed the money, as someone that’s been following this team since they worked at blizzard ….I’d be happy to pay a little more knowing it would help people I pretty much grew up with.

It’s not about the money, at least not with me.

Entenkommando.5208

ditto to say that the vets are whining. We’ve endured a lot and are not asking for much.

What have you endured? You’ve had 3 years of fun with this game. New players will never know what lions arch once looked like. They will never know the funny side talk about your face or salad jokes. They won’t know what it was like to have the first big world event with thousands of Karkas invading lions arch. They will never know how desperately we fought for our city to get it back from scarlet. They will never have the satisfaction of killing scarlet. They will never know the struggle to get that wvw orb. They will never know how we recruited rox and Braham.
But you do. And you will let the story go on.

How can you be so pathetic about 10$? If you are a true veteran then you love the game and you are happy about a bigger community instead of crying for gifts.
And you know that in the end-all we want is to play together and have fun. No crying, no flaming, just enjoying the game together.
That’s what the guild wars community stands for. And if you don’t share this attitude and prefer to keep crying for gifts, feel free to do it. But don’t say you are representing the opinion of this community.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Leo G.4501

I guess we played a different game then.
I only experienced bugs in the very beginning of gw2 where they were totally understandable. I never had a major number of crashes and I never saw a hacker that took my fun.
And I played wvw for years. You have no idea about lags.

You must be lucky then. I’ve had dungeon instances and NPCs bug so many times, the only way to fix it was to exit the instance and start all over. So many time, I was trying to do an event to unlock a trait that was locked behind a series of events and somewhere in that series, a bug happens that stops the meta event completely for an indefinite amount of time (likely until after the servers are reset). Being unable to rez a player because the map says their body is located in a different spot, skills being locked (gray bar) after dropping a bundle, etc. And I’m one of the lucky casual players that don’t often see much mess.

I’ve had some crashes (not many) but haven’t had to deal with hackers. Still, I know these problems exist and persist. And lag can get downright bad when it strikes.

Ricky.4706

like i said, I have nothing against you having a special white robe with zero defenses.

The title is part of a price increase in the package. That means respect has some value in the game.

call it whatever you want, I want something you can’t have because I was there when you were not.

Entenkommando.5208

call it whatever you want, I want something you can’t have because I was there when you were not.

You have the memory

E: and many skins that cost hundreds or thousands of gold now. That being transferred to money would make much more than what you are discussing with hot.
New players would need to spend hundreds of dollars to get everything you have.

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

-Elite Specializations
-Revenant
-New Zone (if it’s anything like DTop or SW that’s countless of repeatable hours)
-HoT exclusive masteries that will open up new gameplay like Master Lore & Master Exploration)
-New Legendary Weaps
-New Ascended skins
-Full Guild Hall Access

For me that’s a whole lot of kitten to do so I’m very happy. And don’t forget future content release which will most likely be free will add newer masteries n specializations and stuff.

Ricky.4706

You have the memory

E: and many skins that cost hundreds or thousands of gold now.

ROFL, you are good!

but as an ancient, sometimes I need trinkets to help me remember! -laugh-

OG – been there, done that …-
white rober- done what ? –
OG – uhhh….-looks at trinket- oh ya…ya …let me tell you about the time I was pwning teams of players with my all npc team for the few weeks they had it available in hero’s ascent way back in guildwars 1, it was an elemental fire / necro team …there was blood and tears evverywhere….ahh yes!!! -starts bon fire-

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

@OP It’s not free stuff, none of it was ever free. Everything we got was payed for by people supporting the game through the gemstore. If you didn’t support the gemstore then you are welcome for your free stuff that we paid for.

As for the expac not being worth the price, a simple comparison of what was offer in the core game for it’s price at launch with what is offered in the xpac for roughly 80% of that same price and what is being offered isn’t equal to 80% of the core, in fact from what we have seen it is barely 25% of the content.

Content is only 1 thing. The value of the experience is another. From what I have seen from the new map, I will probably hate it and won’t be spending much time in it. It’s not my style.

Hanggliders…lol

LS story season 3 and 4, I haven`t even played season 1 and 2.

Guild halls, meh, if it would have been actually customizable player housing (not the home instance bullkitten) I would be excited but not for guild halls. It would be fun if I actually found a guild that I liked. At the moment I just leech the bonuses of large guilds that don`t manage their roster.

GvG, too little to late. I been in 3 gvg guilds that eventually fell apart cause proper GvG was not being offered and everyone got bored and left. That bridge has been burnt.

That leaves me with revenant, specializations, wvw, and PvP most (all but revenant, masteries, and new pvp gamemode) of which is being offered to the core game.

To someone like me, $50 is to much to ask for. I all for supporting the game cause I like it but I won’t pay for features I don’t intend on using.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)