Congrats! The 1st time in the GW Franchise

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

17 gold? What about say, Scholar to Berserker runes? Anything to Torment and back?

I lose 17 gold running for the bus, this is a bit more.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I never understood defending monkey business such as this legendary gate…

Some of you are silly…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Legendary gear has the same stats as ascended gear. /thread

I can switch stats now for free on my ascended armor?
Haven´t read it in the patch notes…but this is an awesome news!

I said it’s the same stats. It’s cheap enough to convert ascended armor now. We’ve had the same stuff since launch. Ascended weapons are beyond a lot of very casual players (apparently), but low and behold, they have the same stats.

Since you can now easily and relatively cheaply switch stats on ascended gear anyway, yeah, no big deal.

Yet, it’s still THE end game gear…

Ascended has the same stats. Ergo its’ one of the end game gears. When Anet made legendary weapons they didn’t call it end game gear. They called it cosmetic progression. They said that legendary weapons would always have the same stats as whatever BIS gear their was. Not higher stats. The same.

So ascended gear is also end game gear. This is merely a matter of convenience, now that you can forge your ascended and change the stats easily.

In fact, I’m relatively sure if you look at the cost of say a legendary weapon, it’s still more money that making a set of ascended and trasmuting it 100 times, maybe more. If trends continue, you’d likely be able to make a set of every single ascended stat armor for the price/effort of a single legendary armor.

Vayne.8563

I never understood defending monkey business such as this legendary gate…

Some of you are silly…

Actually I was against raid rewards altogether. You can go back and check. I don’t think raids belong in this game. I don’t think they enhance the game, and my prediction was that some people, casuals were going to feel disenfranchised. However, if they’re going to include rewards just for raids and achievements for raids which are beyond the ability of most players to attain, they’re going to have to deal with people being disenfranchised.

I said during those arguments that adding any rewards most people can’t get was a bad idea, and that the more Anet did this the more people would feel disenfrachised and feel the game was no longer for them.

I also said I’ll eventually beat the raid and get stuff, but I wouldn’t enjoy it.

So far it’s all coming true.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Ascended has the same stats. Ergo its’ one of the end game gears.

Well in most MMOs you’d be right, but Arena Net has added extra value to this particular item with statistic swapping. If you recall, way back when Arena Net was discussing the concept of healing in MMOs they said things like this:

[A]ll professions have ways to build their characters differently to make them more versatile for group play. […] You could say instead of DPS/heal/tank, we have our own trinity of damage, support, and control, but we prefer to think of them as the variety of elements that create a diverse and dynamic combat system that gives each player a toolbox to work with to solve any encounter we might throw their way.

They continue to support this message with statements like:

Raids in Guild Wars 2 are not about waiting to have fun. You don’t need to wait for your healer to get online. Our build-customization and weapon-swapping systems allow anyone to change their build to meet a particular challenge. And while a warrior might support a group differently than an elementalist would in terms of playstyle, our systems allow you to adjust your team’s composition and strategy to overcome any challenge.

Due to the versatility of professions to take on one or more of these roles to different degrees, and the need of stat sets to be better at some of them, it’s natural to conclude a versatile set of armor that can switch stats to match the role you’re taking on would be more valuable than one that is only conducive to one role and not the others (e.g., condi damage vs direct damage).

(edited by SirMoogie.9263)

Vayne.8563

Ascended has the same stats. Ergo its’ one of the end game gears.

Well in most MMOs you’d be right, but Arena Net has added extra value to this particular item with statistic swapping. If you recall, way back when Arena Net was discussing the concept of healing in MMOs they said things like this:

[A]ll professions have ways to build their characters differently to make them more versatile for group play. […] You could say instead of DPS/heal/tank, we have our own trinity of damage, support, and control, but we prefer to think of them as the variety of elements that create a diverse and dynamic combat system that gives each player a toolbox to work with to solve any encounter we might throw their way.

They continue to support this message with statements like:

Raids in Guild Wars 2 are not about waiting to have fun. You don’t need to wait for your healer to get online. Our build-customization and weapon-swapping systems allow anyone to change their build to meet a particular challenge. And while a warrior might support a group differently than an elementalist would in terms of playstyle, our systems allow you to adjust your team’s composition and strategy to overcome any challenge.

Due to the versatility of professions to take on one or more of these roles to different degrees, and the need of stat sets to be better at some of them, it’s natural to conclude a versatile set of armor that can switch stats to match the role you’re taking on would be more valuable than one that is only conducive to one role and not the others (e.g., condi damage vs direct damage).

And judging from what’s in the game with legendary weapons and ascended weapons, it’s logical to conclude you can have multiple sets of ascended for the price of a legendary. You’re not going to need every single stat set in the game, even with raids.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

And judging from what’s in the game with legendary weapons and ascended weapons, it’s logical to conclude you can have multiple sets of ascended for the price of a legendary. You’re not going to need every single stat set in the game, even with raids.

At least you switched from defending stat swapping to “you can have bags full of alternate gear, like the good ol’ days of mmo raiding”. That’s certainly progress.

You’re correct this will be cheaper under around three-sets (by my rough mental estimate, and considering we don’t know the cost of legendary armor). Still would be nicer and more valuable if we didn’t have to devote a bag to all our alternative clothes.

A nice clean UI like PvP would be great.

Vayne.8563

At least you switched from defending stat swapping to “you can have bags full of alternate gear, like the good ol’ days of mmo raiding”. That’s certainly progress.

You’re correct this will be cheaper under around three-sets (by my rough mental estimate, and considering we don’t know the cost of legendary armor). Still would be nicer and more valuable if we didn’t have to devote a bag to all our alternative clothes.

A nice clean UI like PvP would be great.

there should be an armor bag with a swap that would solve a lot of problems.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

If it’s not a big deal that legendary can switch stats easily then there’s no issue with removing the gating, right? It’s the same thing so there’s no reason to gate it…

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I wished I could do the raid, but Anet absolutely shafted new players. I refuse to farm everyday for months just to be able to craft ascended gear. Not opening my wallet either.

You’ve had 11 months notice Raids were coming and a further 18 months before that to get your hands on Ascended gear. If you had bothered over that time to work a tiny bit extra for the gear you wouldn’t be in this position.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Although Legendary is technically the top tier of what exists in game it does not have stats any better than Ascended. The only mechanical advantage that Legendary has over Ascended is stat swapping. Since stat swapping does not allow for free mod swapping this particular function is not as useful as it might seem.

All told this top tier is not really an increase over ascended in my opinion.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

That’s for convenience. That doesn’t make legendary gear a tier above ascended. It’s the same kitten stats and you can change the stats on regular ascended gear, it just costs some gold.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That’s for convenience. That doesn’t make legendary gear a tier above ascended. It’s the same kitten stats and you can change the stats on regular ascended gear, it just costs some gold.

and time.
and a trip to the mystic forge.
and destroys anything you have slotted in the armor.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

xarallei.4279

OMG, that’s such a long trip to the MF. God help you.

And you realize if you change your spec with the legendary you will lose anything you have slotted as well unless you extract. Since changing a spec will usually require a different rune set, etc. You would have to do the same thing with the ascended. It’s no different. Unless they’ve announced a new feature that allows you to just swap runes out with legendaries, but I haven’t heard of such a thing.

Palador.2170

OMG, that’s such a long trip to the MF. God help you.

Feel free to try that in the middle of a raid, or even a dungeon. I’m sure everyone will gladly wait for you to get back.

Stat swapping IS an advantage, even if you don’t change what’s slotted in your equipment. I’m not going to say it’s a huge advantage, but I’m not going to downplay it either.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Legendary gear has the same stats as ascended gear for now . /thread

Fixed that for you, Vayne. You´re welcome.^^

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

How many other ascended sets of armour can you make for the cost of a single legendary set?

Yes, you can stat swap legendary armour, but are you really going to use the same runes on a power build that you will on a condition or healing build?

Beisdes, we don’t even know if legendary armour will remain gated behind raids forever, it could just be that only the first wave of it is. The legendary backpiece was a fractal only thing, and now there’s a PvP one.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

Legendary gear has the same stats as ascended gear forever . /thread

Fixed your fix for you

Torolan.5816

…Yes, Alteraphim, you´re surely right about that. Because we all know that Anet has never backpeddaled on any decision or altered the core game or the direction of the game or said that more fractals would get added too or gave up on dungeons etc etc…

…Based on the same premise, I am ABSOLUTELY sure that ascended armor will be the best armor forever…

Please, get a clue. If the accounting department joins forces with the marketing department and proudly explain that there was not done enough for the collector people and there is big money in it, you can bet your lucky underwear that Anet immedieately turns traitor on that promise too.

Alteraphim.4629

…Yes, Alteraphim, you´re surely right about that. Because we all know that Anet has never backpeddaled on any decision or altered the core game or the direction of the game or said that more fractals would get added too or gave up on dungeons etc etc…

…Based on the same premise, I am ABSOLUTELY sure that ascended armor will be the best armor forever…

Please, get a clue. If the accounting department joins forces with the marketing department and proudly explain that there was not done enough for the collector people and there is big money in it, you can bet your lucky underwear that Anet immedieately turns traitor on that promise too.

I have a clue, I just gave you a quip.

Palador.2170

Fixed your fix for you

Actually, they said that Ascended would be the top gear level (save Legendary) until the end of… I believe it was the end of 2014. We’re a full year past the end of that. They could add in a new top tier at any time and not go back on what they’ve said.

Would it be a bad idea to do so? Most likely, yes. But it could happen at any time.

Posted by: dertingel.1730

dertingel.1730

I wouldn’t save any bank slots as I have to run with different rune sets for different builds.

And how many expensive rune sets do we need? Most of the time you get 6 runes for 20s…and i have all those expensive runes allready on ascended armor.

dertingel.1730

As a vet, i dont care for gold…i care for convenience. I have 2 Accounts, multiple permanent bank expresses, permanent tp, permanent merchant, permanent hairstylist, i have 17 Char slots, mostly 20slot bags on all chars, i just started to name my twinks after what they carry around…“skins n equip” anyone?
I have dozens and dozens of different armor sets, 15 on my thief. I have to store them in my bank, cause his inventory is full of weapons and armors.
I have 7 Legendaries…and i am even thinking about crafting 1 or 2 underwater legendaries…yes, i am that bored, i think about crafting underwater legendary.

Perhaps i dont need legendary armor, but i want it. Convenience is my endgame…and legendary tier is convenience at its best.

€: I have 18char slots…one is empty at the moment…just to be correct.

€²: On top, i use 9/10 mail inbox slots from both accounts as additional storing space…

(edited by dertingel.1730)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I said it’s the same stats. It’s cheap enough to convert ascended armor now. We’ve had the same stuff since launch. Ascended weapons are beyond a lot of very casual players (apparently), but low and behold, they have the same stats.

Since you can now easily and relatively cheaply switch stats on ascended gear anyway, yeah, no big deal.

Lose runes and infusions? Yeah, cheap……. Really this I one of the weakest arguments I’ve seen you come out with. Legendary gear lets you try new things and not for fit your infusions or runes untill you are sure the new build/gear fits your play style.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Alteraphim.4629

As a vet, i dont care for gold…i care for convenience. I have 2 Accounts, multiple permanent bank expresses, permanent tp, permanent merchant, permanent hairstylist, i have 17 Char slots, mostly 20slot bags on all chars, i just started to name my twinks after what they carry around…“skins n equip” anyone?
I have dozens and dozens of different armor sets, 15 on my thief. I have to store them in my bank, cause his inventory is full of weapons and armors.
I have 7 Legendaries…and i am even thinking about crafting 1 or 2 underwater legendaries…yes, i am that bored, i think about crafting underwater legendary.

Perhaps i dont need legendary armor, but i want it. Convenience is my endgame…and legendary tier is convenience at its best.

The stat swap feature on legendary’s is a red herring meant to distract from the exorbitant cost of the item, as it’s arguably more convenient to have more than one armor set, given the amount of clicks needed to swap stats and runes/sigils on a piece of equipment (although, obviously not in terms of space management. In that case you open up bag slots in exchange for more work to switch stats around).

Alteraphim.4629

Lose runes and infusions? Yeah, cheap……. Really this I one of the weakest arguments I’ve seen you come out with. Legendary gear lets you try new things and not for fit your infusions or runes untill you are sure the new build/gear fits your play style.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion_Extraction_Device

No way to avoid losing runes/sigils though.

dertingel.1730

The stat swap feature on legendary’s is a red herring meant to distract from the exorbitant cost of the item, as it’s arguably more convenient to have more than one armor set, given the amount of clicks needed to swap stats and runes/sigils on a piece of equipment (although, obviously not in terms of space management. In that case you open up bag slots in exchange for more work to switch stats around).

You have to think farther…i have to store many things on twinks, just because my bank slots are filled with armors and weapons from different chars. Now, when i wanna craft sth, or i am looking for a skin, a specific item or whatever, i have to log on to different chars. Thats very time consuming…and i have SSD, but most of the times this item is not on the first twink…its not on the second…
So i am looking forward having this 30seconds to switch stats and runes. Its way more convenient then searching the inventory of 3-16 twinks, just because i dont have enough bank space due to hundreds of armors and weapons.

Its 30seconds for switching everything, compared to several minutes of searching through different inventories, logging in and out, playing item shuffle…
I think the winner is legendary armor by tKO in the first round over hundreds of ascended armors.

€: I know, its a first world problem…and i know that many people have only 1 or 2 armor sets (zerker people). For those players, legendary armor is just for blingbling…
But for me, and i guess many other since beta vets, its convenience at its best.

€²: Or searching 1 specific armor from all those in my bank…happened just 2mins ago. Searched one specific set for several minutes…this is just not convenient for a game that is build around “play how you like and try out many builds”.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You have to think farther…i have to store many things on twinks, just because my bank slots are filled with armors and weapons from different chars. Now, when i wanna craft sth, or i am looking for a skin, a specific item or whatever, i have to log on to different chars. Thats very time consuming…and i have SSD, but most of the times this item is not on the first twink…its not on the second…
So i am looking forward having this 30seconds to switch stats and runes. Its way more convenient then searching the inventory of 3-16 twinks, just because i dont have enough bank space due to hundreds of armors and weapons.

Its 30seconds for switching everything, compared to several minutes of searching through different inventories, logging in and out, playing item shuffle…
I think the winner is legendary armor by tKO in the first round over hundreds of ascended armors.

€: I know, its a first world problem…and i know that many people have only 1 or 2 armor sets (zerker people). For those players, legendary armor is just for blingbling…
But for me, and i guess many other since beta vets, its convenience at its best.

€²: Or searching 1 specific armor from all those in my bank…happened just 2mins ago. Searched one specific set for several minutes…this is just not convenient for a game that is build around “play how you like and try out many builds”.

Gw2efficiency allows you to search your inventory by item name and see which char has it or if it’s in your bank, without shuffling between chars and checking each one.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

^This precisely. Legendary armor is NOT a new gear tier. I don’t know why people still can’t wrap their head around this.

It allows the stats to be swapped which technically makes it new in that sense. There is a distinct advantage to this set and it is only available in one path of content which is not the way this game has been marketed. I’m sorry but it is the wrong path to take and the line between this game and every other MMO is now thinner than ever, simple as that.

I have played every aspect of PvE (except raids) with just a single set of gear (armor and weapons) for each of my characters. I have two legendary weapons, and have never felt the need to change their stats.

PvE is too braindead easy to worry about having the best possible equipment/stat setup for every situation. (Raids are no exception, as you can do them one boss at a time, since the state of your current raid only resets once per week)

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Raxor.8416

Raxor.8416

I wished I could do the raid, but Anet absolutely shafted new players. I refuse to farm everyday for months just to be able to craft ascended gear. Not opening my wallet either.

New players can actually play the game first before doing super endgame content.

With the rate things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a new tier in between ascended and legendary. And with that just bumped up legendary stats and make ascended 2nd best. (if you doubt this then look at what happened the old top tier of exotics)

If Anet did that they actually would have alot of angry players. So no they won’t do that. It would be a PR nightmare.

In fact, I’m relatively sure if you look at the cost of say a legendary weapon, it’s still more money that making a set of ascended and trasmuting it 100 times, maybe more. If trends continue, you’d likely be able to make a set of every single ascended stat armor for the price/effort of a single legendary armor.

I’ll compare a legendary with the price of Ascended armor if you bought the whole thing and crafted none. Bolt to outright buy is 3.2k gold by a seller at this time with the highest buy order at 2.8k gold. A single set of ascended armor is around 800 gold believe and thats if you bought all the ascended materials. In the time it takes people to come on the forums and complain they could be making any progress on ascended armor.

Its kind of dumb to complain about legendary armor when it would be faster to make a few sets of ascended armor.

Guild-Duality/Server-HoD/Main-80Thief

xarallei.4279

Fixed your fix for you

Actually, they said that Ascended would be the top gear level (save Legendary) until the end of… I believe it was the end of 2014. We’re a full year past the end of that. They could add in a new top tier at any time and not go back on what they’ve said.

Would it be a bad idea to do so? Most likely, yes. But it could happen at any time.

Actually no. They clarified later on that ascended is going to be the final tier forever. Now will they stick to this? I’d like to believe they will. But things change and people change their minds. But I’m going to try to stay positive on this for once though.

There is an extraction device for this in the gem shop. Doesn’t cost that much to convert gold to gems for it.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion_Extraction_Device

You could buy gems and buy exstraers. But then your losing the “cheap” option vayne think it is.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Don’t make stat switching the thing you hang your hat on to rage over the difference; Static sigil/runes make stat switching rather lackluster. You don’t need more than two sets of Ascended anyways if you want to be a serious dungeon or raid runner. That in fact makes Ascended gear MORE efficient to obtain and use than Legendary, assuming Legendary stats will still be equivalent to Ascended.

The premise that raiding is not accessible because of Legendary Armor, or even Ascended for that matter, is ridiculous. The kinds of players that will succeed in Raids are the ones that already don’t struggle with getting gear.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Torolan.5816

Fixed your fix for you

Actually no. They clarified later on that ascended is going to be the final tier forever. Now will they stick to this? I’d like to believe they will. But things change and people change their minds. But I’m going to try to stay positive on this for once though.

There is an extraction device for this in the gem shop. Doesn’t cost that much to convert gold to gems for it.

The new type of armor is surely not right on the heels of HoT,but don´t be too angry if it happens. Anet has proven that they can and will execute unpopular decisions, despite what their player basde says.

I don´t know about you, but when I started to play, GW2 prided itself on it´s casual approach. That this has gone out of the window with HoT should be hard to deny, even for the shiniest of White Knights.

Although I find it personally undeniable that casuals and non-meta-build players are not the target audience of Anet anymore, some posters still offer the argument that you can theoretically play all the content if you find people stupid, friendly or hardcore enough to carry you or your fingers are quick enough to give a world class performance with everything after memorizing it in and out of the youtube channel of some math-geek gamer who crunched the numbers. It´s up to everyone´s own opinion if that argument is valid or not, but it clearly gives you the option of being a shameless leecher or a person that just doesn´t get it if you don´t go down that road. Not very appealing if you ask me.

(edited by Torolan.5816)

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Although Legendary is technically the top tier of what exists in game it does not have stats any better than Ascended. The only mechanical advantage that Legendary has over Ascended is stat swapping. Since stat swapping does not allow for free mod swapping this particular function is not as useful as it might seem.

All told this top tier is not really an increase over ascended in my opinion.

Until the next Legendary items are released someday such as Legendary runes and Sigils that are only able to be equipped in legendary gear.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

-It is gated.
-It gives you 0 power advantage.
-It is a QoL advantage.
-It is a visual fluff advantage.If you like shinies.
-99% of all the other gear in the game is easily achievable by anyone.
Just a lot of grind,no combat skill required,for Legendary/Ascended,and for Exotics and lower not even that.
-You are all correct,depending on how you look at it.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

So rediculous, ascended and legendary are the same tier and they always will be, anet has stated so. Having a impractical convenience on legendarys doesnt make it a better higher tier.

And this rediculous pessimistic “fortune telling” of saying anet “might” go back on there word on stuff is not an argument at all, its a completely unsubstantiated hypothetical situation that almost surely will never happen. Its pretty clear with extremely biased statements like that, that it doesnt matter what anet does, you people will always find a way to berate them even for something they havnt even done yet

xarallei.4279

Although I find it personally undeniable that casuals and non-meta-build players are not the target audience of Anet anymore, some posters still offer the argument that you can theoretically play all the content if you find people stupid, friendly or hardcore enough to carry you or your fingers are quick enough to give a world class performance with everything after memorizing it in and out of the youtube channel of some math-geek gamer who crunched the numbers. It´s up to everyone´s own opinion if that argument is valid or not, but it clearly gives you the option of being a shameless leecher or a person that just doesn´t get it if you don´t go down that road. Not very appealing if you ask me.

Just because you can’t raid doesn’t mean the world is ending and there is no casual stuff to do. There is plenty of casual content in this game. The majority of it is still very casual. Adding different types of content to appeal to different groups makes sense. It’s rather selfish to feel that hard content should not exist because you can’t do it. Not saying you feel that way, but I’ve seen people here pretty much say that and I strongly disagree.

Torolan.5816

My characters have the luck of an early birth so to say, I got the large majority of my stuff rather cheap. I find raids tiresome and continual trial and error boss fails boring instead of exciting, so I have never really considered raids in GW2 content that I want to do more often than necessary, and it surely was no reason for me to buy HoT, quite the contrary. If they gave for example 30 Gold and a medal per success, I would not even object or mind raids. What bugs me is the exclusive gating of legendary armor, that is as wrong as hiding the ascended backplate behind fractals was wrong. I happened to have made a lot of fractals so this was no hindrance for me personally, but I could understand everyone who was angry that he missed out.
Besides, it is also a sign that your content is weak and your numbers show it, or that you have to prove to your superior that your idea was good if you have to exclusively gate somewthing while devaluing something else like in this case dungeons. I find this a despicable and thinly veiled tactic.

I don´t even deny that leveling in Core Tyria is faceroll easy, and that people that sought a challenge should have got one beside Fractals. I also agree when people argue that you can survive HoT alone if you´re not a zerker Ele type or can´t find a difference between your brow and your butt.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Yea…

- We don’t know how the Legendary Gear would look, and looks are fairly subjective.
- Switching Stats is not all that great when you can’t flip runes, it might even be counter-intuitive and useless kinda of like the Fabled ‘DvD rewinder’.

/thread

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Slytherin.5793

Slytherin.5793

Exactly Sykper…. most people myself included if smart will still have your legendary set + 1-2 other ascended sets all with static stats simply because of runes…. why pay money to rune change on Stat changeable gear when you could just keep your old Ascended (WHICH ARE THE SAME TIER STATS AS LEGENDARY) and make each full set for a specific Stat.

Until free rune swap on legendaries is a thing i don’t see what the QQ is all about for this legendary armor that isn’t even in game for probably another ****NINE MONTHS****….

On top of all of that any baddies that are saying no time for raids… they have been beaten start to finish in 16mins…

Afraid you don’t have the skill to aquire said purple armor…
1. Why do you feel entitled to said armor
2. HERE SOON GUILDS WILL SELL RAIDS SPOTS TO BADDIES SO THEY CAN BE CARRIED TO THEIR LEGENDARY ARMOR…..

lol in all seriousness why so dramatic about this? I see 0 problems for the scrubbiest of players

dertingel.1730

Yea…

- We don’t know how the Legendary Gear would look, and looks are fairly subjective.
- Switching Stats is not all that great when you can’t flip runes, it might even be counter-intuitive and useless kinda of like the Fabled ‘DvD rewinder’.

/thread

Have you read any of my posts?
I dont think so…i invalidated your whole post only several posts above.
But at least, you were able to repeat nonsense arguments…

Exactly Sykper…. most people myself included if smart will still have your legendary set + 1-2 other ascended sets all with static stats simply because of runes…. why pay money to rune change on Stat changeable gear when you could just keep your old Ascended (WHICH ARE THE SAME TIER STATS AS LEGENDARY) and make each full set for a specific Stat.

Until free rune swap on legendaries is a thing i don’t see what the QQ is all about for this legendary armor that isn’t even in game for probably another ****NINE MONTHS****….

On top of all of that any baddies that are saying no time for raids… they have been beaten start to finish in 16mins…

Afraid you don’t have the skill to aquire said purple armor…
1. Why do you feel entitled to said armor
2. HERE SOON GUILDS WILL SELL RAIDS SPOTS TO BADDIES SO THEY CAN BE CARRIED TO THEIR LEGENDARY ARMOR…..

lol in all seriousness why so dramatic about this? I see 0 problems for the scrubbiest of players

Repeating an invalidated argument over and over again, doesnt make it better.
On top, writing in capital letters even makes it worse.

Like i said…runes are not the problem…there are 2 expensive rune sets…the rest is round about 1g for a whole set.
But i begin to repeat, for people who aren´t even willing to read anything.
Pls stop with your random “everything is awesome” posts, it isn´t.
If you think it´s awesome game design, to wait and then buy a spot in a raid grp that will carry you through said content, then i can´t help you anymore. Go buy some arah paths and show off your dungeoneer.

Just because you can’t raid doesn’t mean the world is ending and there is no casual stuff to do. There is plenty of casual content in this game. The majority of it is still very casual. Adding different types of content to appeal to different groups makes sense. It’s rather selfish to feel that hard content should not exist because you can’t do it. Not saying you feel that way, but I’ve seen people here pretty much say that and I strongly disagree.

There is plenty of stuff…4 new maps, a little bit of story…and, yay, 3 new legendary weapons.
So, what to do today…DS? Did it yesterday, and 4 days ago, and the last whole month since HoT release. TD? Oh, yesterday as well, and 5 days ago, and the last whole month since release. AB? VB? Same…
Don´t get me wrong, i love these maps…they are mostly awesome designed, the meta events are most of the time very good. It´s not like you have seen everything after doing these maps 1 or 2 times.
But you can´t say that HoT offers that much variety…playing on 4 maps since HoT release is getting boring very fast.
The story is good, but it´s short as hell. The moment you think, now the action starts, the story is already over.
All those achievements don´t offer that much variety, cause you play those 4 maps and this tiny story for them again…and again…and again…and again…and again…

And i am not saying, GW2 shouldn´t offer different content for different playstyles and preferences. But you can make this content more accessible for all kind of players.
Just take a look at fractals…i guess most of you don´t even know, that you get upleveled to lvl 80 in there.
I played fractals with players, that never played instanced content (dungeons, raids etc) in any mmo before.
And it wouldn´t be the first time in MMO´s, that dungeons offer more then one possible grp size.

Enough said…

I can´t answer every single post here, and most of the time, i have to repeat myself, cause users like Skyper or Slitherin just refuse to read any comment, and come up with allready invalidated arguments over and over again.

I just want to say thank you for your constructive answers, and this nice little discussion.
Hopefully i was able to bring my arguments a little bit closer to you…
I mostly love the content HoT offers, but its a clusterkitten of timegating here, excluding players there, gating content all the way down the road. And all this in a game where everybody could do nearly everything when and where she/he wanted…pre HoT.

Thanks all of you…i am out of here. I´ll keep reading here, but i guess i have said everything i wanted.

€: spelling…

Sykper.6583

Yea…

/thread

I have, you have no argument. Stating that you can afford changing runes constantly is not something everyone can do. That’s a huge cost for a lot of players, so sorry that argument doesn’t fly.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

dertingel.1730

Yea…

/thread

I have, you have no argument. Stating that you can afford changing runes constantly is not something everyone can do. That’s a huge cost for a lot of players, so sorry that argument doesn’t fly.

Repeat…repeat…repeat…
Sorry, last answer…really. But just because your argument is so funny
You can afford several thousands of gold for a legendary armor, but 1 gold for a runeset…no thats way to much. Can´t afford it. Sorry…i am out…that expensive…

Sykper.6583

Yea…

/thread

Repeat…repeat…repeat…
You can afford several thousands of gold for a legendary armor, but 1 gold for a runeset…no thats way to much. Can´t afford it. Sorry…i am out…that expensive…

…Because that’s a flat amount of gold? Because not everyone who owns a legendary constantly swaps out sigils and stats?

Are you honestly that naive? Not everyone tosses dozens of gold into their legendaries and spreads them across alts. Actually you might be the first who admits doing so. Congrats!

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

dertingel.1730

Yea…

/thread

Repeat…repeat…repeat…

…Because that’s a flat amount of gold? Because not everyone who owns a legendary constantly swaps out sigils and stats?

Are you honestly that naive? Not everyone tosses dozens of gold into their legendaries and spreads them across alts. Actually you might be the first who admits doing so. Congrats!

1000s of gold is a flat amount of gold…yeah. Sure…very flat…that flat everybody can afford it. But 1 gold every now and then for a runeset…no…nooooo. I am the only one who can afford it…not that i have stored dozens of runes/sigills on my twink, that i have earned by simply playing the game
Sorry, better keep calm…every argument you bring up, makes your point even worse.
Dozens of gold…its multiple thousands of gold for one legendary armor/weapon.
For dozens of gold you can buy dozens of multiple runesets.

And again, you cant read or you aren´t willing to. I invalidated every single argument you brought up, but you keep cherry picking this and that over and over again.
So pls, PM me, if you have any valid argument, but spamming same nonsense arguments over and over again in one thread just looks like you want to troll!

It was a feature pack 2014…ANet introduced something everybody was asking for. Account bound legendaries and ascended items. Players wanted to share weapons they earned between all the twinks.
And you tell me, i am the only one, who shares his legendary weapons between his chars?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/account-bound-wxp-legendaries-and-ascended-gear/

Sykper.6583

Let’s be real. That ‘One gold per rune’ might only apply to really kittenty runes, Strength runes which are popular tend to be a bit steeper, and no one wants to override those. Ever.

But that’s beside the point, let’s say runes were fairly cheap. Even if a player had a moderate amount of playtime each day making money, if they were playing like you they would have to dedicate some of that income to each piece of legendary equipment. Thus the more legendaries and ‘convenience’ they have the greater the costs will be. Meaning that Legendaries in the long run, will cost far more than simply making an ascended set with each kind of rune you would run on all your characters.

The only way, the only way Legendary Armor is a convenience is when the Runes DON’T matter with the stats tied to them. Because then there is no cost, you save money and time not needing to make a helm shared between a Warrior and a Revenent. Unfortunately that’s hard to calculate and pull off, you almost always want a set of stats for a particular rune for a particular build. Why would you flip your Berserker Stats to Knight Stats with Strength runes? That’s not an appropriate rune at all for it, were you putting it on your guardian? Why?

It would actually be most cost-effective to craft each set than to force a convenience with a cost. That’s just common economical sense. This is why most legendary weapons aren’t really shared, at all. So yes you are one of the few who does fall into this gold sink, fortunately though you don’t seem to care for gold all that much so once again congrats on being rich enough to spend pointless amounts of gold on making this ‘convenience’ a reality.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Don’t worry peeps, they will figure out runes and sigil stuff eventually…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

… one specific tier of gear, in this case the top tier, is gated behind one specific content, namely Raids.

After 10years we went from “endgame is what you make out of it”, something a huge chunk of the community was very proud of, cause it was nearly a unique feature in MMO´s, to “endgame is Raids”.

Ummmmm what top tier? Legendary? Which is essentially just sparkly ascended? Yeah that tier has been available for years sorry…

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

Thought i’d come in and let some people know that we’ve done all 3 bosses in the raid successfully with someone in full exotics (Except rings and amulet.)

Just thought i’d crush the “We need ascended” rubbish.

Ascended Armor is less than a 2% increase in damage, It’s not that useful.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]