Different Races for Revenant during BWE

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Coolster.2536

Coolster.2536

Q:

Will the other races be playable during the Beta Weekend? During that last one, Anet said that they were almost finished with the other races, so will they be in the Beta weekend? It’d be a pleasant surprise if they were

You Can’t Be A Genius, If You Aren’t The Slightest Bit Insane. B)

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

It is difficult to say, the blog post was very vague with regard to the Revenant:

“Players who have pre-purchased the expansion will see a new button appear on the character creation screen that allows them to create and play a fully geared, level-80 beta character of any race for the duration of the weekend.”

But as to whether or not that includes the new Revenant, I can’t know for certain. I do doubt that they will be ready though, as the last beta was not that long ago, and I don’t think the time frame was long enough for them to finish it for this beta.

But then again, I could be wrong.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

It is difficult to say, the blog post was very vague with regard to the Revenant:

“Players who have pre-purchased the expansion will see a new button appear on the character creation screen that allows them to create and play a fully geared, level-80 beta character of any race for the duration of the weekend.”

But as to whether or not that includes the new Revenant, I can’t know for certain. I do doubt that they will be ready though, as the last beta was not that long ago, and I don’t think the time frame was long enough for them to finish it for this beta.

But then again the build we had in the last stress test was obviously very old (for once it used the old trait system, despite ANet had been working with the new system for quite a bit there, so they had way more time than just the time since last stress test to finish them

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

But then again the build we had in the last stress test was obviously very old (for once it used the old trait system, despite ANet had been working with the new system for quite a bit there, so they had way more time than just the time since last stress test to finish them

I think he means the last time we were able to create beta revenant characters, which was much more recent than the last stress test. Revenants had the new trait system there, but were still restricted to humans.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I think he means the last time we were able to create beta revenant characters, which was much more recent than the last stress test. Revenants had the new trait system there, but were still restricted to humans.

Hmm, true totally forgot about that xD.

Still not much of an indication tbh, as we have no idea how far along they were with the animations and such for different races, it might have already been almost ready, but still needing just the last finishing touches, if not completely ready, and just needed to be implemented in the game, and as such chose to do the last one without out. ofc it is entirely possible it is still not at all ready, to show us hos rev look on anything but human yet, guess we just have to wait and see

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I kind of doubt it, and I don’t mind.

I would rather them get the balancing and mechanics on-point earlier than animations (assuming they both get done on time)

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Technically I agree, I wouldn’t want anything held up for the sake of getting less critical stuff done for the beta.
But I’m dying to compare human and Sylvari and just maybe Asura as a Rev

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon