Do you regret pre-purchasing HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I regret it every time I go to HoT map and get constant trash mob every place in giant jump puzzle that is all maps. No stop fight trash mob mix with big map jump puzzle. Not hard as in fun difficult. Just all time every where annoy and I find this boring not fun challenge. Will never prepurchase again. Also will never buy gem again until I see Anet do some thing better.

;)

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

I don’t know that I can say I regret it yet.

If, however, a month, 3 months, 6 months, etc. down the road, I can’t get my alts through the content enough to even finish their maps, then yeah, I’m really going to regret this purchase.

To me, content is really only fully worth its money value if I can play all of my characters in it.

My thinking is slightly different for similar reasons.

I’m glad I pre-purchased. Currently … putting aside whether people have valid reasons for liking the design or not … I am playing the game as the developers intended it and playing while the maps are full with other players who are engaged – doing events, hero points, mastery points and the like.

I strongly suspect these maps will quickly empty over time and people who wait to buy HoTs will mightily struggle with unplayable content for quite some months until the expansion gets both a rethink and revamp based on the dwindling numbers.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

Yes, I do.

/15 chars

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

Posted by: GangNamTwo.9780

GangNamTwo.9780

No. I did not buy HoT based on the alarm bells ringing in my head when I read the pre-launch hype…..

I see myself maybe playing HoT when the expansion becomes part of the package upon the next expansion sale, or the 4th expansion sale. Not worried about the HoT zones being vacant in the future at all. Devs will modify it because they do not want to host vacant zones. :P

But I do not plan to buy another expansion until I see the game is heading the direction I enjoy.

(edited by GangNamTwo.9780)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t know that I can say I regret it yet.

If, however, a month, 3 months, 6 months, etc. down the road, I can’t get my alts through the content enough to even finish their maps, then yeah, I’m really going to regret this purchase.

To me, content is really only fully worth its money value if I can play all of my characters in it.

I don’t see how that can be an issue other than maybe AB, TD and DS having too many meta gated bits of maps. That aspect of the new maps is very annoying.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

No, even tho many aspects of it are poorly thought-out. I’m enjoying the aspects I do play.

I will not prepurchase any future expansions.

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

I’m enjoying the new content quite a bit, and feel there is enough new stuff to explore for quite a while. So I’m not regretting my purchase at all.

Having said that I think there are balance issues. Hopefully that will get sorted.

All this complaint about gating and grind – my opinion is some of that is in the nature of MMOs. The question is again what is the amount that will work best for the most people. Already Anet has nerfed the HP requirement for elites, so it’s obvious they are paying attention to feedback.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I regret it. I was more immerse into the game before HoT. Somehow the expansion just killed it for me, I have to force myself to log in. It’s just not fun anymore, maybe it’s just disappointment, waiting for 3 years and this gated mess is all we got?!?

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

Before HoT,
I am really enjoy every moment of game time. I think GW2 is a easy game which I can choose what contents i want to play. So I spent a lot of game time in it. Thanks Anet.

Now
I cannot feel the game is enjoyable for me any more.
Mastery makes the game become a standard difficulty and I need to play all contents to level them up.
I left the content which i love it after HoT. I need to put all the effort in the hard mastery.
I need to play the Tyria materials which I hate and cannot complete them in the past 3 yrs. I need to keep on trying and jumping in HoT.

I am very tired and feel despair and cried yesterday.

I think GW2 is friendly and easy game before.
If i give the core game in score 95. I cannot give the HoT content and mastery system more then score 10.
So, I am regret buy the copy.

Game time: 16,886 hrs

Attachments:

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I cannot give the HoT content and mastery system more then score 10.
So, I am regret buy the copy.

Even Quaggan not like HoT. Quaggan sad. Shame for Anet make Quaggan sad.

;)

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

I did not purchase HoT so I don’t regret it. But I can say after joining the GW2 community in January, I often question my purchase choices. The updates and changes to the game have not been always favorable. I have not enjoyed the few seasonal events I’ve experienced, but I do know I got enough entertainment out of the game to justify my gem purchases and original purchase. I do not think I will however continue to support the game, which is a shame. GW2 is very unique and special, but I feel often more hindered by gem store practices than freed, when comparing it to say other f2p games or subscription games. I will however keep watching and see for upcoming changes, such as I will try the Christmas event, I hope it’s not a grindy as the Halloween event.

Posted by: Dejavu.2349

Dejavu.2349

I don’t regret buying it, but I wish they implemented the new guild hall stuff with more consideration for smaller guilds that put a lot of work into the old stuff then having that same stuff put behind a huge wall of mats, forcing us to work for the same stuff over again.

The gliding is awesome!

The new zones are… meh at best, but I’m sure they took someone a whole lot of work. When they’re empty, it’s really hard to get anything done and they seem empty too much. The meta events are cool when there’s a big enough group for them (LFG is key).

I also get confused sometimes with which direction to go (up or down), but that’s not really Anet’s fault —- it’s just me being directionally challenged in 3d space.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Do I regret?
Yes. It was disappointing with the bloody grind.

No. The storyline and PC action is way better than the Personal Story.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I regret even buying it at all. So, yeah, I regret even more buying it in advance.

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

I’m very happy with the expansion. It took a little bit of getting used to, but now that I understand the theory behind the design of the new areas I think I can say that everyone was done very well.

A few things could stand to be tweaked (like TD meta difficulty), but that’s par for the course.

Posted by: Chemical Rush.2569

Chemical Rush.2569

I don’t regret it just because i wanted new traits. However, that doesn’t mean I enjoy the overall experience. I still have characters I want to plat with using the new traits that I just don’t want to grind the HP for. It’s not even that hard, it is just a very big annoyance because I just want to WvW. The new expansion for me was all about the traits. I don’t care about the gliding or the other junk. Mainly because, and I don’t see how so many people don’t realize this, it’s basically like “Hey, want to have fun? We’ll make areas that are difficult to travel in! Then we’ll lock you in behind a mastery wall, so you can ‘have fun’ NOT traveling places you want to go! Isn’t that fun? Now you can challenge yourself by not going places…and then GOING places once you get these fancy new things! Isn’t it great?!” No! It’s not! You can keep you gliders and everything else. I just want to go places, get traits and be done with it. But I can’t. I still don’t have even 1/4 of the mastery points unlocked, because it’s just not fun.

And a major reason it’s not fun is they made events that require map-wide coordination. And that’s when you have enough people. Most of the time you do not have enough people, and not only do you not have enough, most of them don’t know what they are doing, which is fine because this type of content shouldn’t exist. It’s stupid to think that so many people are going to coordinate together. They have other stuff to do. They have mastery points to get, and hero points to get, and some probably don’t want to do the same garbage event for the 90th time in a row.

If someone doesn’t think the zone content is awful, they’ve got some pretty strong blinders on. The raid content and other content is fine. The map content is garbage, and that’s what most people are doing, for mastery points and hero points. And I don’t see them fixing it, honestly. The denial is heavy over there. They didn’t even want to give people a break on hero points (which people had a very legitimate reason for; wanting to experience the new content with the new traits) until like half of their player base quit playing until they fixed it. A mess up on that scale, and they denied it until people quit in droves. And even then, they didn’t really fix it, they just acted like they were doing people a “favor” by making it LESS annoying. And it is just annoying enough that most people won’t quit over it. It’s basically a zone or two worth of hero points, which is annoying but doable.

But what they AREN’T fixing is the annoying map-wide content. Look at Dragon Stand, for example. I have been there multiple times (on just one character; can’t get their with the rest due to PvE blocking….lame as fook). It’s an ENTIRE MAP, and 90% of the time you can’t even do anything on it at all! You have to get pulled into a map in LFG before the event starts, because just going to the map you get NOTHING. And the times I have been there, I have not even been able to get into a good map!! A whole section of their new content, a HUGE chunk of it, is almost completely inaccessable to me because I can’t find a group!! And by group I mean a whole kitten map full of people. Because that’s realistic for all of the content in a zone. And another annoyance; the groups don’t even have to be good! There just needs to be a ton of people, which you usually can’t get. How absolute garbage is that?

I am hoping a better MMO comes out before the next GW2 expansion, because this is the worst content design I’ve seen in a popular game. Definitely not as bad as other bad games…but to have this many people playing and buying crap from them, and completely eff up to this degree? There’s really no excuse aside from lazy development. They didn’t even test their kitten hero point system. That’s a huge part of the release, since apparently they wanted you to grind almost all of them before they even gave you your traits. Like what idiot could miss that? It ruins a major part of the playing experience. Like blocking the entire last zone behind a map-wide coordinated PvE event wall. Absolute idiots.

(edited by Chemical Rush.2569)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not in the least.

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

For the first time in 2 years, I uninstalled the game completely. With an SSD, the uninstall took less than a single second.

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

I have no regrets. There are things about the xpack that I like and things I don’t, but I do not regret purchasing it.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: road range.6293

road range.6293

Yes. But, it’s not the fault of the pre-purchase itself.

We loved the core game and we were compelled to pre-purchase it. Regretting the pre-purchase, is moot. One can regret purchasing it at all. But, if we had not pre-purchased it, we still would have logged in to find the major core changes that are making so many veterans here state that they do not want to play the game at all anymore after all these years (Since GW1).

Things which now, sadly, cannot really be undone. Things like gutting the small guilds, and guild earnings. Because they chose to embed guild earnings directly into construction of guild halls, instead of just making stand alone guild halls for everyone, and leaving the guild earnings alone and separate. Instead, they embedded the two. Now, a few big guilds have since spent zillions on materials to make silly things, like cups, and chairs already, so, it has become virtually irreversible. They simply can’t undo so much of what they’ve done. We’re stuck with it. Period. And that prospect really sucks.

Pre-purchase, or not, we simply can’t just go back and play the old core game, the way we liked to, because, the core has been completely upended.

…At this point, I would actually “not regret” gambling an additional $50-$100, if I could actually “pre-purchase” a complete “Do-Over HoT Package”. If they would immediately, and completely, revert ALL of the game back to the pre HoT content. And, go back to the drawing boards, and listen to what people are saying here. I would also be willing to wait 6 more months for the complete “Do Over HoT Package” to be released. I’d gamble it today, and download the reversion immediately. (Wishful thinking)

Because, I feel it too. As much as I really “want” to play GW2 now, maybe more than ever, I too, simply “don’t want” to play it at all anymore, for what it has become. The more I play, the more I hate it. For the same reasons that everyone has already wallpapered all over these forums. Regret yes. Wouldn’t have mattered, the core changed irreversibly anyway. That’s the real rub.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t mind what changed about the core, to be honest. I mind that there’s hardly any new content at all for my style of play. I consider it a waste of money.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Nope.

The expansion is rough, though. It’s gonna need a lot more TLC. Fractal buffs are a good start…WvW upgrade acquisition needs to be fixed, etc.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Pezz.4758

Pezz.4758

Yes and no.
I regret buying it at all. BUT it helped me finally realize why pre-orders sold on hype
are so bad for the industry. HoT basically made me immune to the hype train.
So 50 bucks for the game i regret, but paying 50 bucks for that lesson was worth it for sure.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Just resubbed to WoW and had more fun in Ashran (yes, that Ashran) than I did in 2 weeks of HoT. That should say something.

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Most of the original content is now completely faceroll. The new, completely dependent on a large amount of participation.. Which it isn’t getting.
Best part: I need to spend tons of time in these empty areas for WvW, the red-headed step child.. I get it, you wanted us to help fill these new events out with bodies. But if your PvE population doesn’t like it, how do you think I feel about needing a billion flax and ley-line whatevers?

Do I regret prepurchase? I regret purchase at all.

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

Nope.

There are a lot of things I am unhappy about with HoT but, when I prepurchased, I thought it through and decided that, if the art is as good as vanilla, its worth $50 to run around in. And it is… the art is unbelievable.

If art hadn’t been my main criteria, I would probably be regretting it.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

(edited by Gregori.5807)

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

stopped playing already, just not fun. They killed open world content with this expansion.

Came back today to the forums to see if they are making changes to sort it out, does not appear to be the case, so I’ll be off again.

Do I regret buying it? nope, but probably won’t buy future expansions until I’ve seen them out for a few months to see if they are worth it.

If you are enjoying it, hope you continue to do so. Its just not my idea of fun anymore.

Posted by: demetry.9541

demetry.9541

Sure, i regret!

- No new dungeon
- No new fractal
- New map disign with endless jumping puzles – are horrible.
- Raid sistem – are terrible:
1)no normal LFG sistem….
2)basic mecchanics havnt “holy trinity” tank\healer\DPS, but now they trying brin it back – and it works realy bad
3) build sistem was overloaded… just tonns of useles stat combinations.
4) many professions just cant doing raid realy good. (especialy place where you need condition dmg)
- nerf everywere (dungeon LFG just empty for now, no one playing dungeon anymore – it’s rely bad for new player).

Dont know how ppl can be happy about all this. Think “happy” ppl – it’s just troll or “co-booster”.