"Don't Pre-Purchase HoT" ~ $100,000 Loss

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I don’t see how they can change it now after so many people have purchased the packages as they are. All those people would have to be compensated somehow.

Pretty easy as we do not know much about HOT. They could go ‘surprise!’ and the shipped version has an unannounced feature. What would be hard is taking away something.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

but when people get a cash-shop game they don’t expect $50,- expansions, they expect $35,- – $40,- expansions.

Nonsense. “People” don’t have any particular expectations one way or the other. If you have such expectations, fair enough, but don’t project. There’s no reason why a game can’t or shouldn’t have $50 expansions AND a cash shop. WoW had kitten boxed expansion AND a cash shop AND a monthly fee. I highly doubt that the majority of the people balking at the $50 expansion price would have been “fine with it” had the gem store been less of a factor. They likely still would have complained just as much. Many of these people probably don’t even use the gem store much.

You say “plenty of new content to the game that has nothing to do with the gem store, way more than we paid for.” But that is false, people did pay for that, with the gem-store (and the game itself does suffer for it). That is exactly why this model vs expansion price matters so much.

Wrong. People who paid for stuff in the gem store, got the item they bought in the gem store. They got what they paid for. They were not paying to get anything else, such as a freedom from future expansions. Everyone got what they paid for.

Oh, lol. Are truly thinking that noone’s paying for the core game that newcomers get? Anet is not offering it at no cost to themselves, you know, and those costs are being refunded somehow.

Yes they are offering it at no cost to themselves. The costs involved have already long since been recovered. It’s a digital product, if they want to give it away for free, they can and will do so.

Lol, I love posts that start with “my wife and I” or “my husband and I” – who the kitten cares that you’re married.

They’re basically trying to double up their vote, to express that their opinion is worth twice anyone else’s.

This very much is something people expect. What you see in many topics is that they consider it too expensive and then compare it to the market, pointing towards other cash-shop games.

So they clearly see GW2 as a cash-shop game and have an idea about the cost of an expansion for such a game.

Or look at this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/This-is-B2P/page/2#post5186871

Somebody justifies the price by pointing out that the game is B2P (or at least he tries to convince people of that) on what multiple other people say that GW2 really is a cash-shop game. So most seem to agree that it being a B2P game would make a difference but they simply don’t agree that GW2 is a B2P game at this stage. (or behaves like one)

Also WoodenPatatoes did mention it in his video, stating that Anet likely justified the price by saying GW2 does not need a subscription but that there are many F2P games that do that also pointing to the differences and comparisons with GW1.

So it clearly is a big reason.

Making use of the gem-store is not really the issue, if you don’t make use of it you miss out on many items or need to go into a boring grind for it, so they still feel the effect of it (if they are interested in those items at least).

“Wrong. People who paid for stuff in the gem store, got the item they bought in the gem store.” And buy doing that they did pay for that content. that is simply how the cash-shop model works.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

~

Can you explain me number 2?

You don’t think the expansion has a value of $50,- However, based on your statement I also conclude you do spend money on cash-shop items.

HoT will introduce at least 2 complete new guild armor skins, so that are 19 (weapons) times 2 (sets) is 38 weapon skin just there.

200 gems is one of the lowest prices on the gem-store (only some really small items are cheaper). So let’s do 200 times 38, that are 7600 gems. That would cost you close to $100. Sure you might not like these skins, but if you give any value to those gem-store items, how can you then now say the expansion does not have the value of $50,-?

Don’t get me wrong, there might be good reasons for finding the $50,- to expensive, what I am more surprised by is that you then do find that the price you pay for those gem-store items is of good value.

Sorry, but that makes no sense to me.

So by your logic am i supposed to buy a product based on how much money i will be paying after? No sorry i am not that kind of person. I pay for products that are worth the investment. The content that comes with this 50$ expansion is NOT worth the 50$. I am NOT paying 50$ on a product that offers me more gemstore items then actual content. I also don’t do calculations like you do. I calculate what i like and i pay for that. I give close to absolute-0 value to items that i don’t have an interest in. If the gemstore is 80% filled with items that i don’t care about then “100%” for me is actually the “20%” items left that actually interest me. It’s their job to give value to their items not mine.

If i wanted to “pay for the opportunity to pay more after” i would have chosen a p2p game. Not a b2p/f2p game….which allegedly “does not offer you p2w items” but the only content you predominantly get are cash-shop items anyway….the rest of the content being a few hours of LS story with huge gaps inbetween..and close to no ingame-skins (again +1 for the wasteland set) armor, weapons, minis..whatever you want.

If the game was p2p with monthly fee and it offered the volume of content (besides cash shop exclusive updates) i expect from a p2p, i would gladly throw even double that amount/month if it allowed me too. It’s down to “how much” they offer for my money..period.

You can find my logic flawed…..but for me personally my logic made me more money then i lost IRL.

“So by your logic am I supposed to buy a product based on how much money i will be paying after?” No, all I was wondering is how you could justify yourself spending money on some items from the cash-shop but then not being able to justify spending money on an expansion that content-wise is way more for the price then the cash-shop items give you.

“If i wanted to “pay for the opportunity to pay more after” i would have chosen a p2p game." Well this attitude is indeed one that I never understand, but if you did buy gems (and where fine with that) you did do exactly that. You did buy GW2 and where then fine with buying more items for in it. It is one of the things I dislike about the cash-shop model. I simply want to buy a game to play it (and earn the fluff that way), not to be able to buy more fluff.

However I think I get it. You did buy GW2, you then started playing GW2 and spending money on the cash-shop, because of that you started to see GW2 as a type of F2P game where you spend money in the game, and because of that you are now not really willing anymore to spend (that amount of money) on an expansion.

" but the only content you predominantly get are cash-shop items anyway….the rest of the content being a few hours of LS story with huge gaps inbetween..and close to no ingame-skins" I agree, that is why I am so against the cash-shop model, but am in favor of a good B2P model, where I do spend more money on regular expansion but then also expect good content and those items in the game, not in the cahs-shop.

however, by buying gems you did support exactly what you now seem to say you dislike.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

The problem is they can’t change the price anyway. They can however offer a discount in the future and I highly doubt people are gonna wait that long to buy it.

…and at the end they’ll buy it anyways.

They don’t need to change the price – just add to the packages – it’s been done before by many companies.

As for “people won’t wait lol”, well, actually, they will, historically. They’ll just likely stop playing GW2 until the HoT price drops. Most people aren’t addicts.

A lot of casual players will buy it and be very annoyed at the lack of a slot for their new class, too (which they will not anticipate, I guarantee it). That’s going to be another little kittenstorm for Anet to deal with.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Lol, I love posts that start with “my wife and I” or “my husband and I” – who the kitten cares that you’re married.

Well, here’s the thing… generally, there’s only one active poster in a household, if that. I’d say they basically say ‘this is 2 people playing this game who have this same opinion’.

Yeah of course. But where I came from fathers didn’t play games and especially not their wives. Those are the people who casualize the game community since the huge commercial success of games. Where are the days of pizza eating nerds playing games? Ah, I miss those times… (not so serious)

Lol. Well, I started out gaming with the original Pong and Space Invaders. The first computer I owned was a Commodore 64. Hubby’s the same. Old gamers don’t STOP gaming, they just eat less pizza and keep healthier times. And they tend to marry one another, because let’s face it, no one else could survive our crazy habits.

Posted by: GeekDavid.2786

GeekDavid.2786

Well, here’s the thing… generally, there’s only one active poster in a household, if that. I’d say they basically say ‘this is 2 people playing this game who have this same opinion’.

Yeah of course. But where I came from fathers didn’t play games and especially not their wives. Those are the people who casualize the game community since the huge commercial success of games. Where are the days of pizza eating nerds playing games? Ah, I miss those times… (not so serious)

Lol. Well, I started out gaming with the original Pong and Space Invaders. The first computer I owned was a Commodore 64. Hubby’s the same. Old gamers don’t STOP gaming, they just eat less pizza and keep healthier times. And they tend to marry one another, because let’s face it, no one else could survive our crazy habits.

I need to find me a girl like that. And I started with a VIC-20 and then graduated to the 64.

Broom.2561

I need to find me a girl like that. And I started with a VIC-20 and then graduated to the 64.

We’re out there. I’ve got 6 married couples in my guild, some with kids. The future of the breed is assured! (and yes, the kids do tend to pick it up young)

GeekDavid.2786

We’re out there. I’ve got 6 married couples in my guild, some with kids. The future of the breed is assured! (and yes, the kids do tend to pick it up young)

I know, my guild is run by a married couple. Though the hubby tends to play World of Tanks more than GW2.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’m already composing how I’m gonna tell my guild I’m leaving the game for good. I’ll also resign from the guild cause mine is constantly coming up against the max player limit and they can use the open slot for someone who’s more willing to put up with ANet’s shenanigans.

Lol, priceless!

This very much is something people expect. What you see in many topics is that they consider it too expensive and then compare it to the market, pointing towards other cash-shop games.

They are just pointing to any game with a cheaper expansion because they want to pay less for the expansion, don’t try to extrapolate why they are using X game as a comparison beyond that. If a cash-shop game had a $60 expansion you can bet that they wouldn’t use it as an example. The fact is, GW2 is not those other games, it has a higher level of quality, and if you want that quality, maybe you have to pay for it. They can’t pay the electric bill on high fives (well, it would take a LOT of high fives. And some sort of machine).

“Wrong. People who paid for stuff in the gem store, got the item they bought in the gem store.” And buy doing that they did pay for that content. that is simply how the cash-shop model works.

Yes, but they are not OWED anything more than what they purchased. If they buy a fancy outfit in the cash shop, then they get that fancy outfit, and the money they spent goes into covering the development cost of that outfit, and likely a portion of it also covers other development of the game, but their buying that outfit does not entitle them to any additional free content, it does not entitle them to LW s2, for example. ANet choose to provide that content for free, because from their end, they saw it as a good way to maintain interest in the game. That does not mean they are beholden to always do that.

If ANet believes that the time and effort they put in to HoT is worth $50 from each player that plays is, then that is what it is worth, and you can either agree that it is worth that much to you and buy it, or not. those are your two and only two choices. Even if someone pre-ordered GW2 in 2012, even if they’ve spent thousands of dollars on the gem store since, that does not entitle them to any sort of discount on HoT, any more then it would entitle them to receiving $50 in free gems.

This is a game that is a B2P with a cash shop. Both are important revenue streams, both MUST be important revenue streams because the game could not survive on either alone. If it were a pure B2P, as in everything in the cash shop had been dropped into the game free, then they would have had to release kitten xpac every six months so far. If it had been a pure cash shop and never another paid expansion then they just couldn’t justify “going big” on a content update, and all we’d have seen would be relatively small maps on long time intervals. The game requires both to be the game that it is, so to complain that they have both is just pointless. It is what it is, if you don’t like it, there are other games.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

GeekDavid.2786

It is what it is, if you don’t like it, there are other games.

And what happens to ANet’s precious revenue stream if enough people do go off to other games?

History is littered with the corpses of companies that didn’t take good enough care of their existing customer base, thinking they could always bring in new customers.

Eurhetemec.9052

It is what it is, if you don’t like it, there are other games.

That’s precisely what I’m going to do – it’s what this thread is about, in large part.

If they don’t sort it, they not only don’t get my $50, they also don’t get my $XXX of future gem-store spending.

That’s their decision – if they really think making a deal mildly more attractive to new customers whilst upsetting older ones is the right way to go, then should go for it, but I can promise I will not buy HoT at the current price as an expansion to my game.

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

ITT: People who didnt read the EULA.

Coles notes version:

You agree to buy what we sell you when we sell it to you, however and whenever we want to sell it to you, as is.

Click accept or reject.

or leave.

You all talk about leaving, not buying HoT, yet you are all still here. Not leaving. Each of you has the power within yourselves to determine your own reality, to welcome into it happiness or discomfort. You have chosen discomfort. You have chosen to be angry, you have chosen to feel cheated, you have chosen to lament these percived injustices.

Each of you have larger problems then a video game ‘cheating’ you out of whatever you think you are being cheated out of.

Look in a mirror and decide if its really worth the stress

(edited by Greymelken.1892)

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I am not pre-purchasing the game. I stopped playing because I became frustrated at Anet’s policy of silence about the trait system. After the announcement that there would be changes, I began logging in sporadically, but not consistently, which is where I am right now. I am still wary of trusting Anet because I feel they treat their playerbase like children. I might buy the game once it’s released and we know much more about it and I decide if the value is there. But buying on faith alone and them saying trust us, not gonna happen. They burned that bridge long- ago.

And come on, not a single character slot for a new profession? That doesn’t engender good-will either. Yes, I have the money/gold/gems to buy a new slot, but it’s the principle. A new player who just buys HoT gets the base game, give vets who are upgrading the game a slot fer pete’s sake.

Eurhetemec.9052

Coles notes version:

You agree to buy what we sell you when we sell it to you, however and whenever we want to sell it to you, as is.

Click accept or reject.

or leave.

That’s not in the EULA. Coles notes doesn’t mean “make up some nonsense and claim it’s what the EULA means”. We don’t agree to buy anything. That’s the point here – we have a choice.

We can just, y’know, not buy it. That’s what I’m doing.

Er, buddy, it’s no stress for me. It clearly is for you, though so… take your own advice?

Ohoni.6057

And what happens to ANet’s precious revenue stream if enough people do go off to other games?

It dries up, but that’s not an issue because the whiners, while loud, are insignificantly few to impact the revenue streams.

You all talk about leaving, not buying HoT, yet you are all still here. Not leaving. Each of you has the power within yourselves to determine your own reality, to welcome into it happiness or discomfort. You have chosen discomfort. You have chosen to be angry, you have chosen to feel cheated, you have chosen to lament these percived injustices.

Yes, I really wish they would get going already and spare us the melodrama. Fish or cut bait already.

done by now.”

Eurhetemec.9052

Yes, I really wish they would get going already and spare us the melodrama. Fish or cut bait already.

There’s no melodrama here, there’s people whose opinions are different to yours, and you’re getting upset about it.

No-one should be leaving until HoT releases. They could change things until then. Personally that’s how long I’m giving them to fix the issue, and I’ll feel free to stick around until then.

It dries up, but that’s not an issue because the whiners, while loud, are insignificantly few to impact the revenue streams.

By this logic, no game has ever lost a serious amount of customers or money, or gone under because of any feature that was ever complained about, because “the whiners” as in people on the forums, are always a very small percentage of the player base.

It’s true that they are.

But historically they’re usually the tip of a much larger iceberg. You’ve not even seen how many angry casuals who don’t usually read the forums there will be on day 1 when they find out they can’t play their shiny new class without paying $10 extra.

(edited by Eurhetemec.9052)

GeekDavid.2786

Gee, here we’re being generous and giving ANet a chance to fix their kitten-up, and you’re complaining that we’re doing so?

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

. The fact is, GW2 is not those other games, it has a higher level of quality,

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one, SmoothPenguin. You crack me up.

Posted by: Bocho.6305

Bocho.6305

My guild (16 people) will not buy the expansion either. Even the ones who can actually buy it (we live in Brazil, so $50 is almost 1/5 of the minimum monthly wage here. Expensive) will not do it because their guild won’t follow.

Well, in mexico 50 USD are 800 pesos that is 1/4 of our monthly wage T_T, is too expensive for us.

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Ohoni.6057:

“The fact is, GW2 is not those other games, it has a higher level of quality”

Read this:
http://www.bexcellence.org/What-Is-Quality.html

What Is Quality?

What is quality = “how the recipient of the product or service views the product or service: before buying, upon delivery, and after the delivery-and use”.

Examples of Quality Characteristics

For Products:

1. Performance
2. Reasonable Price
3. Durability
4. Available
5. Serviceability
6. Ease of Use
7. Simplicity of Design
8. Safe
9. Reliable
10. Maintainability
11. Aesthetics
12. Ease of Disposal

For Service:

1. Responsiveness
2. Credibility
3. Available
4. Reliable
5. Safe
6. Security
7. Competence
8. Understand the Customer
9. Accuracy
10. Completeness
11. Timeliness
12. Communication

“Drivers of Quality:

1-Customers.

“In a customer-driven organization, quality is established with a focus on satisfying or exceeding the requirements, expectations, needs, and preferences of customers. Customer-driven quality is a common culture within many organizations”.

2-Products / Services:

“A culture of product / service-driven quality was popular in the early stages of quality improvement. Conformance to requirements and zero defect concepts have roots in producing a product / service that meets stated or documented requirements”.

“In some cases, product / service requirements originate from customer requirements, thereby creating a common link to customer-driven quality, but the focus of the culture is on the quality of the product/ service”.

“If the customer requirements is accurately stated and designed into the production / service delivery process, then as long as the product / service meet the requirements, the customer should be satisfied. This approach is common in supporting the ISO 9001-based quality management system”.

3- Employee Satisfaction:

“This concept is that an organization takes care of employee?s needs so that they can be free to worry only about the customer. Employee satisfaction is a primary measure of success for this type of organization”.

4- Organizational focus:

“Some organizations tend to focus on total organizational quality while others are quite successful at using a segmented approach to implementing quality”.

Methods Of Quality Implementation:

1- Quality of design versus quality of conformance

“The organization?s values, goals, mission, policies, and practices reinforce designing into the product or service rather than inspecting it in. emphasis is placed on doing the right things right the first time. The organization?s aim is to not only meet, to the letter, customers’ requirements, but to exceed them wherever possible. Conformance is the norm. The organization?s overriding purpose is to excite the customers with extraordinary products and service”.

2- Quality planning, control, and improvement

“The focus of this dimension is for organizations to continually improve their products, services, processes, and practices with an emphasis on reducing variation and reducing cycle time. This dimension implies extensive use of the quality management tools, including cost of quality, process management approaches, and measurement techniques”.

3- Little q and Big Q

“Organizations focusing on quality control and inspection activities (little q) will fail to be fully effective they must transform their thinking to quality across organization (Big Q)”

4- Quality is strategic

“Quality, or the absence of it, has a strategic impact on the organization. Consumers buy certain products and request services based on their knowledge and perception of the organization and what it provides. Few buyers knowingly buy poor quality. Accumulated experiences and perceptions of customers ultimately make or break an organization”.

“The Baldrige Criteria doesn?t mention the word quality because every activity and decision contained in the structure of the criteria must be a quality activity or decision. Under this assumption, quality is built in to the very fiber of the organization. This is the preferred way to conduct the business of the organization”.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

That’s a leap of faith right there.

GeekDavid.2786

That’s a leap of faith right there.

It’s what they desperately want to believe.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

and the considerably more significant number people who share their views probably will have an impact. as they say, for every 1 customer who complains, there’s another 9 who just leave.

Ohoni.6057

There’s no melodrama here, there’s people whose opinions are different to yours, and you’re getting upset about it.

There’s also a lot of melodrama, and that’s what bothers me, not the difference of opinions. If people just thought they didn’t want to buy HoT right now, I have zero problem with that, it’s all the “ANet is ruining everything!” “It’s the end of the world!” “I spend a thousand bucks a month in the gem store but this expansion is $10 too expensive so I quit!” “They owe me a pony!” ranting that bugs me.

No-one should be leaving until HoT releases. They could change things until then. Personally that’s how long I’m giving them to fix the issue, and I’ll feel free to stick around until then.

But they won’t, so it would save us a lot of pointless angst if you would at least be quiet about it.

Well, in mexico 50 USD are 800 pesos that is 1/4 of our monthly wage T_T, is too expensive for us.

Maybe, but if so then you just shouldn’t worry about buying GW2 at all. They can’t make the game affordable to everyone, they have to price it reasonably for the mass market.

It’s what they desperately want to believe.

The only poll I’ve seen on it so far indicates that 70% of respondents have already pre-ordered, the other 30% various degrees of “maybe.” Of all the people who logged on to the game over the last week, I have almost no doubt that the vast majority of them WILL be playing in Maguuma Jungle the week after launch, whether ANet changes anything or not.

done by now.”

Posted by: Riku.4821

Riku.4821

As a player since GW1 I am not buying HOT until we see some resolve.
I would be happy with a $10 price reduction for current players and an extra character slot.

If Anet wants Loyal players to stay they need to show it.

The loyal players already bought the $100 value like myself; not tell people to not buy the expansion pack.
All they need to do imo is give a character slot and the minipet or something to the $50 value pack.

Guild Leader of Lunar Tree[LT].
Officer of Power Overwhelming[ZERK].
First term Forum PvE Specialist.

Ohoni.6057

and the considerably more significant number people who share their views probably will have an impact. as they say, for every 1 customer who complains, there’s another 9 who just leave.

Yes, you know who says that? The complainers when they feel their actual numbers aren’t significant enough to matter.

done by now.”

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

But they won’t, so it would save us a lot of pointless angst if you would at least be quiet about it.

Said everyone in the BLTC forums to you all the time.

And your response was always “no”, sooooo…

GeekDavid.2786

Yes, you know who says that? The complainers when they feel their actual numbers aren’t significant enough to matter.

So do actual business leaders.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/1999/03/22/smallb3.html

http://www.bpir.com/customer-complaints-resolution-bpir.com/menu-id-72/expert-opinion.html

But what do they know? The great Ohoni is the real expert here!

Broom.2561

Coles notes version:

Click accept or reject.

or leave.

Each of you have larger problems then a video game ‘cheating’ you out of whatever you think you are being cheated out of.

I think you’re quite misunderstanding the situation.
1) Not buying HoT does not necessarily mean leaving. Quite a few have indicated they’ll just play vanilla, refuse to buy any gems, and leave it at that
2) Quite a few people will simply keep posting because that’s what our species does. We don’t sensibly run away from trainwrecks, we flock to them to watch things burn.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I’m still lurking the forums looking an indication they’re going to offer the expansion separately and not charge me full price for a full game I’ve already paid them once for. I’m not personally angry, I have no personal relationship with Anet. If they choose to gouge their players and receive bad publicity when there is a literal sea of other options in the MMORPG genre, then that’s their choice. Its simply a matter of hanging around the forums to see if they change their minds before I get settled into a new game and give my money to a different company. Yeah, I’d like to keep playing their game, but if I have to pay full price for a full game, I’d rather pay full price for a full new MMO, not a partial add-on.

The loyal players already bought the $100 value like myself; not tell people to not buy the expansion pack.

Loyal players could also be outspoken against their price point because they don’t want existing players to leave or have the game receive bad publicity.
Don’t confuse your willingness to shovel out whatever you personally believe to be “value” as a means to prove loyalty.

Ohoni.6057

I’m still lurking the forums looking an indication they’re going to offer the expansion separately and not charge me full price for a full game I’ve already paid them once for.

GOOD NEWS! They aren’t going to charge you anything for any game that you already own. Unless you already own HoT, because they are going to charge you $50 for HoT, but anything else, the GW2 core game, for example, you get absolutely free, no charge!

Yeah, I’d like to keep playing their game, but if I have to pay full price for a full game, I’d rather pay full price for a full new MMO, not a partial add-on.

I hate to tell you, but any other MMO you jump on to will likely be even more aggressive on pricing. for all the freakouts, GW2 is still the best deal on the market in terms of what you get for the money.

done by now.”

papry.8096

I hate to tell you, but any other MMO you jump on to will likely be even more aggressive on pricing. for all the freakouts, GW2 is still the best deal on the market in terms of what you get for the money.

Being the best doesn’t mean that you can get away with crap like that.

GeekDavid.2786

It does in Ohoni’s world.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

It does if you have a functional understanding , that creating something cost money and manpower

GeekDavid.2786

It does if you have a functional understanding , that creating something cost money and manpower

It also helps if you have a functional understanding that kittening off your existing userbase does nothing to keep the money flowing in. In fact, it often has the opposite effect.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

It also helps if you have a functional understanding that kittening off your existing userbase does nothing to keep the money flowing in. In fact, it often has the opposite effect.

Tell me how they they anger them ?
I only see a person that refuses to pay money , cause he dont like the price ,
He is just following with the herd (200 other ppl -mostly alts) , and shouting as much as he can in order to reduce the price for his own benefit

I mean coomon i am unemployed for 1 year , but what i see before me is an entitlement guy

Edit : kitten … i wanted to have some fun …. with country pumpin english ….
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

Edit2: I am sorry , but i still pawn you 24/7 in everything :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

papry.8096

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

HUHUHU

I really want to rub it in; but I will restrain myself.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Ulitmo.9712

Ulitmo.9712

Still waiting on that " challenging group content". havnt heard anything at all yet. Not gonna pay for just guild halls & a new class. hopefully we get more info soon.

It would be sad if its just GvG for guild hall decorations

So much potential wasted.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

GOOD NEWS! They aren’t going to charge you anything for any game that you already own. Unless you already own HoT, because they are going to charge you $50 for HoT, but anything else, the GW2 core game, for example, you get absolutely free, no charge!

Thats not good news……thats a play on words to get people to buy it. Some new player now buys the game and gets the core game plus the expansion. Its a bundle. For there to be a deal, there needs to also be the option at some point for them to have been offered separately. You are buying both for the price of $50. Neither one is "free’.
Unless you’re saying that the expansion is worth a full $50, the same price as the original core game…. but only a fraction of the content.
Can’t wait for expansion #2 – Only $125 for it…but wait! You get vanilla and HOTS for free!

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Thats not good news……thats a play on words to get people to buy it. Some new player now buys the game and gets the core game plus the expansion. Its a bundle. For there to be a deal, there needs to also be the option at some point for them to have been offered separately. You are buying both for the price of $50. Neither one is "free’.
Unless you’re saying that the expansion is worth a full $50, the same price as the original core game…. but only a fraction of the content.
Can’t wait for expansion #2 – Only $125 for it…but wait! You get vanilla and HOTS for free!

You now get an additional character slot if you purchased the game before June 16th 2015 with any package, and the Deluxe and Ultimate packages get 2 slots. Veterans essentially pay $40 (+$10 for the character slot) for the expansion. We just got a technical $10 discount.