Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

We cannot nerf the meta. -The Meta is- being the optimal build for your goal…

This can mean Zerk can or cannot be meta stat anymore, but I doubt this would happen… at least not for speedclears. Zerk is going to be more powerfull even when the trait changed are made standard. It will also mean you will have -no- vitality anymore on your Phalanx Build…. just as an example.

Conditions will be way bigger, in PVE and dungeons -conditions- will be more of a thing. No longer needing to be shunned and adding DOT to the DPS. Even 2 necro’s or 2 S/S warrior could join in and do DOT together.

ARMOR IGNORING DAMAGE! Affected by vulnerability.

You’ll have damage ticking for 15+ seconds after you might go down, your DoT friend could even res the party due to their conditions ticking and ticking… But when you are eaten by gravelings you will not cap out at 25 stacks, no… you’ll die at 35-50+ stacks….think of it, and think of the importance of a condition removal….

The meta is changing but if it’s only skills and traits? We’ll see :

Zerk will be the stat of choice for the Dungeon speedrun DPS Meta.
Zerk might (not) be the stats of choice for the PVE Meta
Zerk will not be the armor of choice for the DoT build Meta.

At this moment:
In many cases Zerk is not the Meta for worldbosses (as it is now)
In many cases Zerk is not the Meta for WvW (as it is now)
In many cases Zerk is not the Meta for PvP (as it is now).

Zerk isn’t going to change, much…

DoT is going to change and it will have an impact on Meta playstyles , Meta groups, Meta Builds and setups. I doubt this will remove the use of Zerk.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

We can nerf the “one build and gear for everything” Meta by splitting it so there have different Meta : a whole different Meta for each part of the content. AKA “one build and gear for each type of dungeon/boss/event/pvp/wvw”.

Then people will stop caring of the Meta because of the “pain” to stick at it.

(edited by Kulvar.1239)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

We can nerf the “one build and gear for everything” Meta by splitting it so there have different Meta : a whole different Meta for each part of the content. AKA “one build and gear for each type of dungeon/boss/event/pvp/wvw”.

Do you realize how big a pain in the kitten that would be if they made every boss/dungeon need different gear i would just leave the game.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Kulvar.1239

It’s a common mistake.
Not a need of different gears to “complete”, but a need of different gears to “fastest-ly complete”.

Exemple !
First boss is normal, promoting zerk gear.
Second boss have a mechanism where someone with high survivability can activate mechanism to fasten the fight.
Third boss have a special weaknesses against conditions
Fourth boss steal healing from players, for a tactical fight
Fifth boss release regular radiation waves, making Regeneration, Protection, and Retaliation very useful.

(edited by Kulvar.1239)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Hi my question is simple will anet nerf zerk gear i personally do not want this to happen as i have 4 full asc zerk characters , but i keep hearing from players zerk will be nerfed so i wanted to ask here. Also i remember them saying at hot reveal that they will not force us to get new gear and our current max stats gear will remain the same so i personaly think anet nerfing zerk would be stupid and dishonest , and if the other gear stats do not perform as well instead off nerf maybe upgade it. On a side note stop nerfing eles .

Total opposite

with HoT and the trait changes all stats gained by traits are going to be removed and added to gear instead plus a overall buff for every character

so if anything Zerk meta along with everything else is going to get a slight buff

don’t pay attention to rumors about Zerk getting nerfed.. if anything its just people complaining about other playstyles becoming more useful like condi classes and tanks

they just don’t like that because it threatens their playstyle

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Do you realize how big a pain in the kitten that would be if they made every boss/dungeon need different gear i would just leave the game.

That’s the point, the thought being if it’s too much of a pain to be optimized for every dungeon then you would theoretically pick the gear and playstyle you like and just let your skills get you through the dungeon.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

It’s a common mistake.
Not a need of different gears to “complete”, but a need of different gears to “fastest-ly complete”.

Exemple !
Second boss have a mechanism where someone with high survivability can activate mechanism to fasten the fight.
Fifth boss release regular radiation waves, making Regeneration, Protection, and Retaliation very useful.

Lol, I am just imagining the new LFG posts. Must have zerker, sinister, nomad, apothecary. Link gear or kick.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

My little faith that I have for the toxic “meta” community would go right out the window if that happened. Speed clears are cool but having different gear be optimal in different situations is a good thing. The speed clearer would need multiple sets (which shouldn’t be a problem for them) but it would hopefully lead to picking what gear and playstyle you actually want to use.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Hume.2876

Hume.2876

It’s a common mistake.

Exemple !

<em>Lol, I am just imagining the new LFG posts. Must have zerker, sinister, nomad, apothecary. Link gear or kick.</em>

+1. This. You need to look at this change from a gameplay perspective – not a ‘satisfy some random requirement’ perspective. Does the game actually play better if you need to use nomad to clear part of a dungeon? Is switching armor in between fights compelling game play? Hell no.

Lucky for us I believe the current developers get this – even if some players do not. Nothing wrong with making say sinister gear very strong in dungeons – because that will encourage active combat just as well as Zerker gear.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

It’s a common mistake.

Exemple !

<em>Lol, I am just imagining the new LFG posts. Must have zerker, sinister, nomad, apothecary. Link gear or kick.</em>

+1. This. You need to look at this change from a gameplay perspective – not a ‘satisfy some random requirement’ perspective. Does the game actually play better if you need to use nomad to clear part of a dungeon? Is switching armor in between fights compelling game play? Hell no.

Lucky for us I believe the current developers get this – even if some players do not. Nothing wrong with making say sinister gear very strong in dungeons – because that will encourage active combat just as well as Zerker gear.

Thats not what we want either, its the idea that there has to be something annoying enough to not take part in it and just choose what you want to play.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

It’s a common mistake.

Exemple !

It is very simple. Would a higher variety of encounters favor a higher variety of builds including the gear? If the answer is “yes” then the game play would benefit from it.

Another problem is the switching of armor and weapons. We have can easily switch traits and skills outside the fight without visiting trainers. The same fast and uncomplicated method we need for the armor and weapons. Free stat swapping would solve this problem. No more dozens of different pieces of armor in the inventory. In the future we will get hopefully build templates where you can save different builds (including gear) for different purposes. Two or three clicks would be enough the change your complete playstyle.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Thats not what we want either, its the idea that there has to be something annoying enough to not take part in it and just choose what you want to play.

Except you can already do that. At this point zerker saves minutes over other gear choices and in most pugs those zerker players are probably not playing optimally to begin with, if they ever make content annoying enough to not take zerker then it should be because it is difficult, but not impossible to effectivley evade that attacks with active defenses. If there is a ever a dungeon that requires you to have x vitality and y of toughness then the game has failed in its original design intent. And you will see lfg like. Zerker and must have x vitality and y toughness or kick.

There is no gear that is not viable, only people that want defensive gear to perform to the same level as pure damage gear in a game built around using active defense. That is something that shouldn’t happen. I never post for zerker in my dungeons, but I do expect communication and knowledge of your class, I run dungeons every day with no stat requirements and as long as people communicate the runs are just as successful if not more so than a lot of zerker parties I have joined in the past.

I usually post for 80s, but in the past I have had groups of knowledgeable players that were minimum dungeon level go faster than some zerker groups I’ve joined. Stats only matter for speed, good zerker groups save minutes and they should, but you can play in anything you want and not be far behind or even come out ahead of the a average zerker pug.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

On a side note stop nerfing eles .

Yeah because ele is the most ballanced class of the game.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

Except you can already do that. At this point zerker saves minutes over other gear choices and in most pugs those zerker players are probably not playing optimally to begin with, if they ever make content annoying enough to not take zerker then it should be because it is difficult, but not impossible to effectivley evade that attacks with active defenses. If there is a ever a dungeon that requires you to have x vitality and y of toughness then the game has failed in its original design intent. And you will see lfg like. Zerker and must have x vitality and y toughness or kick.

There is no gear that is not viable, only people that want defensive gear to perform to the same level as pure damage gear in a game built around using active defense. That is something that shouldn’t happen. I never post for zerker in my dungeons, but I do expect communication and knowledge of your class, I run dungeons every day with no stat requirements and as long as people communicate the runs are just as successful if not more so than a lot of zerker parties I have joined in the past.

I usually post for 80s, but in the past I have had groups of knowledgeable players that were minimum dungeon level go faster than some zerker groups I’ve joined. Stats only matter for speed, good zerker groups save minutes and they should, but you can play in anything you want and not be far behind or even come out ahead of the a average zerker pug.

Everything you said is correct and thats the kind of player I wish more people were. What id like to see is what ever is causing the wave of “zerker or kick” to be broken down and destroyed like an unused cardboard box….

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Fornax.7928

Fornax.7928

I’m for more options/ player choice.

I do not want them to kill the zerker, I want them to make more builds/armour sets/play styles viable. I hope Anet can open the game up and have more meaningful tactics than just stack in the corner and blast. Please note, I’m not saying speed runs are bad or lack required skills – some of the stuff players can do is truly amazing. However I would just like more diversity and better rewards. OMG better rewards!!

“So what if the universe is a pointless mass of hydrogen refuse powered by
entropy. I’m spreading ketchup on a rubber duck, and after that I’m going
to brush its teeth. So there.”-

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

I’m for more options/ player choice.

I do not want them to kill the zerker, I want them to make more builds/armour sets/play styles viable. I hope Anet can open the game up and have more meaningful tactics than just stack in the corner and blast. Please note, I’m not saying speed runs are bad or lack required skills – some of the stuff players can do is truly amazing. However I would just like more diversity and better rewards. OMG better rewards!!

See thats the problem, other builds/armor sets are viable. Situations need to occur where zerker is not optimal. They shouldnt change the gear, they should do something to make people want another set for a certain situation. Hopefully by doing this people will say oh great youre running berseker gear! And then see someone running sinister and say great, we will be able to make great use of that in this encounter. Right now one set is optimal in every situation. It isnt the gears fault, its the fault of the situation that mandates berserker gear for optimal performance.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Belenwyn.8674

All builds and armor sets should be always viable in all cases and each one should be the most optimal in many cases.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

All builds and armor sets should be always viable in all cases and should be the most optimal in many cases.

I think you’re under valuing what’s being said and boiling it down to an everyone gets a trophy scenario. Imagine this, what if there were a boss that while not immune to physical damage was less damaged by it than conditions. Let’s say this boss summoned adds from the corners of the room. As the adds approach the boss they grow in size. When killed they explode dealing group wide damage based on how large they were allowed to grow. Now lets say that if someone is not in range of the boss it will pulse aoe damage to everyone in the group. This is a pretty simple encounter for the sake of example but let’s think about it. If you stack on the boss and zerg it down the adds will swell up and wipe the group. If you stack up on the adds the boss will wipe the group. The best way to deal with it would be to have a couple people assigned to handling the add problem preferably with high burst. Conditions could do the job but not as effectively as a power build. Now the people on the boss could be a power build and as long as the adds are being handled you could still beat the fight but conditions would shine. Two damage types, two sets of gear, two optimal set ups. This is just one example and it’s around damage, maybe there are other encounters that could encorporate the various other options in this game.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Belenwyn.8674

All builds and armor sets should be always viable in all cases and should be the most optimal in many cases.

I think you’re under valuing what’s being said and boiling it down to an everyone gets a trophy scenario. Imagine this, what if there were a boss that while not immune to physical damage was less damaged by it than conditions. Let’s say this boss summoned adds from the corners of the room. As the adds approach the boss they grow in size. When killed they explode dealing group wide damage based on how large they were allowed to grow. Now lets say that if someone is not in range of the boss it will pulse aoe damage to everyone in the group. This is a pretty simple encounter for the sake of example but let’s think about it. If you stack on the boss and zerg it down the adds will swell up and wipe the group. If you stack up on the adds the boss will wipe the group. The best way to deal with it would be to have a couple people assigned to handling the add problem preferably with high burst. Conditions could do the job but not as effectively as a power build. Now the people on the boss could be a power build and as long as the adds are being handled you could still beat the fight but conditions would shine. Two damage types, two sets of gear, two optimal set ups. This is just one example and it’s around damage, maybe there are other encounters that could encorporate the various other options in this game.

You could incorporate NPCs like dolyaks that have to be protected or healed to speed up the encounter. There could be monsters you have to control in a way that they do not join other monsters or stay close to other monsters or do not leave/enter a certain area. There are so many things that could be implemented in challenging encounters beyond dealing damage.

Depending where you set the focus an encounter would favor different builds and play styles. The important thing would be that all kind of group can finish the encounter. Some groups will need 15 min other ones only 5 min.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Hume.2876

See thats the problem, other builds/armor sets are viable. Situations need to occur where zerker is not optimal. They shouldnt change the gear, they should do something to make people want another set for a certain situation. Hopefully by doing this people will say oh great youre running berseker gear! And then see someone running sinister and say great, we will be able to make great use of that in this encounter. Right now one set is optimal in every situation. It isnt the gears fault, its the fault of the situation that mandates berserker gear for optimal performance.

Why? What good does having defensive sets necessary do for the game? As I explained earlier the obvious way to do that is to raise unavoidable white damage such that Zerker is not viable for that encounter…

Tell me how that solution makes the game better? Yeah you have to switch into another set of gear. Once you do the – game will play more or less the same. Everyone good will just wear the minimum level defensive gear – just like they do now.

Arenanet needs to improve things like stacking and fields and support roles etc – not worrying about achieving ‘gear’ balance.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I remember back in WotLK. My priest had a heal set and a damage set. My paladin had a heal and tank set. Regearing for different roles was a pain in the kitten there. Regearing is also a pain in the kitten in GW2.

Some seem to think that mechanics that favor different gear setups for different paths and/or different bosses within a path will generate a situation where their survival or heal set will be welcome. Sure, it would. However, they’d also need to have other sets as well. Carried to absurdity, do we really need a situation where it’s necessary to have 23 gear sets — because, apparently, every set has to have some use in the PvE PuG meta?

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Hume.2876

I remember back in WotLK. My priest had a heal set and a damage set. My paladin had a heal and tank set. Regearing for different roles was a pain in the kitten there. Regrearing is also a pain in the kitten in GW2.

I agree its something of a pain. But I think that misses the primary objection – it’s just a BAD idea. It’s a REALLY bad idea.

Why? GW2 isn’t even like WoW. It’s a fundamentally different game in concept and design. Let me explain. GW2 wants you to dungeons – because well you like dungeons. They want you to do the raid like events (Teq, Triple worm etc) because well you like raids.

This means unlike WoW they don’t need to build in ‘time sinks’ to slow your progress. You don’t do dungeons so you can get gear so you can raid. You do dungeons because you think they are fun. So the question for changes should be – would this change make it more fun? Little gear grinds/walls aren’t what make dungeons fun – they serve as time sinks to slow progress in MMOs. They are not fun producers.

The net result of changes to make multiple sets of gear (for each character) optimal would be less people running the PvE content. I can’t think of a worse idea then that for arenanet.

(edited by Hume.2876)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

Ok… The problem is that good berzerk meta group is able to kill most bosses in duration of 25 stack of blasted might.
I understand that berserk supposed to kill faster. But the truth is that berserker don’t give up almost anything (normal attack can be ignored even with berserker gear (especially if fights are super short), and big attack have to be dodged regardless of your stat set (you will get downed or will be close so even these weaker attacks can be dangerous).

It mean that except for knowledge how to effectively blast fire fields (and team that can do it (why does necros and rangers are bad in dungeon environment)), you don’t need “way more skill”, or more coordination.
If someone ran with team that can’t provide enough DPS, then he knows that after they got their active defences depleted then team is starting to run around kiteing boss and waiting ’till their defences regain. It is usually quite chaotic. Something like this but less chaotic I would expect of good “glass canon” group.

Another stuff that would require change is blindness. It is easy button against trash. If anyone ran CoE then he know that at beginning are few elite icebrood wolfs that hit quite hard, but then boom with skills that provide constant blindness (Lighting hammer, sand storm, smoke screen, gun – black powder, and to lesser extent smoke bomb, and well of darkness) you are able to easily clear this encounter without any dmg taken). There should be lowered effectiveness for chain blinding, so “ohh these minions hurt aren’t they, maybe time to think, and not go Leroy Jenkins”.

The simplest answer would be how would I imagine difference with “glass cannon” group and “hard” group.
- Glass cannon should kill bosses faster, but they would probably require 1 or 2 phases when they need to kite (maybe using ranged weapons) to regain their active defences (and recover hp → maybe even use 2 times their healing skill as they didn’t put single point into healing power) and return to “high dps phase”.
- Hard group should kill boss slower, but more safe. Their dps phases should be much longer as they are hard enough that they can wait through their active defences to recover).

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

Why? What good does having defensive sets necessary do for the game? As I explained earlier the obvious way to do that is to raise unavoidable white damage such that Zerker is not viable for that encounter…

Tell me how that solution makes the game better? Yeah you have to switch into another set of gear. Once you do the – game will play more or less the same. Everyone good will just wear the minimum level defensive gear – just like they do now.

Arenanet needs to improve things like stacking and fields and support roles etc – not worrying about achieving ‘gear’ balance.

Raising unavoidable damage making zerker gear not even viable is a horrible idea. All I’m saying is there should be a time and a place for everything. I’m sick of zerker being the best in every time and place (in regards to the pve community anyway)

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Hume.2876

Raising unavoidable damage making zerker gear not even viable is a horrible idea. All I’m saying is there should be a time and a place for everything. I’m sick of zerker being the best in every time and place (in regards to the pve community anyway)

Why? What is wrong with one kind of gear being the best? How does it make the game boring for you? Would the game still be boring with Sinister, Assassin, and Zerker gear the best? Because that’s happening soon enough..

Would a holy trinity make you happy? Because then tanky and healy gear would have big value in PvE. I’d even be cool with that. But just hoping that some how magically zerker gear won’t be good in PVE situations and that this would make the game better..

That’s just odd and irrational. If you want to fix something – first you have to explain why something is broken..

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Belenwyn.8674

Why? What is wrong with one kind of gear being the best? How does it make the game boring for you? Would the game still be boring with Sinister, Assassin, and Zerker gear the best? Because that’s happening soon enough..

Would a holy trinity make you happy? Because then tanky and healy gear would have big value in PvE. I’d even be cool with that. But just hoping that some how magically zerker gear won’t be good in PVE situations and that this would make the game better..

That’s just odd and irrational. If you want to fix something – first you have to explain why something is broken..

What is wrong with one kind of gear being the best? The answer is simple. This fact is a clear sign that something went wrong with the design. Monotonous uninspired design can cause this. Such a design pleases a small group of players and excludes the rest. To attract a broader audience you have to think out of the former box. More variety in encounters will attract a broader audience since it is targeted to broader spectrum of play styles. Berserker can still play their style. But they wont be the most efficient in all situations.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

Ok, a few things, I don’t want ANY gear to be best in ALL situations. I do NOT want the holy trinity. I do NOT want berserker gear to be bad. I want it to be good, hell, even best in SOME situations, but not all. Its not even the fact that it’s the best gear for ALL dungeons but the fact it’s best for ALL dungeons AND ALL classes. And a final note, the game isn’t boring to me due to one gear set being best. What I don’t like is how the great gw2 community has turned into a wannabe meta cesspool that provides a toxic environment to anyone with a different opinion. I want the gear link crap and that mindset to be destroyed and burned.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Kulvar.1239

Lol, I am just imagining the new LFG posts. Must have zerker, sinister, nomad, apothecary. Link gear or kick.

As said…

It’s a common mistake.

The idea is :

Meta fast clean => need of multiple gear to switch
Everyone => play the way they like (condi, tanky, support, control, …) and try to take the best out of these instead of going meta.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: ShadowLordX.5148

ShadowLordX.5148

You realize that’s no different than it is currently? It just makes things more annoying for people who want to optimize. The current meta isn’t some hard mandate that you must run Zerk or fail, Zerk is just the most efficient choice. People can run whatever gear (even no gear) and still clear the content. Attempting to force gear diversity for its own sake won’t make random pugs more accepting of bad gear, but rather cause pugs that would be exclusionary to become even more so (as now they’ll want everyone to have all the best gear sets). And chances are make life more difficult on anything goes pugs.

All Classes 80; Kylar, Verushk, Thorgar,
Valar, Lyala, Laya, Leyela, Cattee
Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Surely it has been pointed out, but, zerkers are actually getting a good buff to direct damage. I’m looking forward.

*note: we will lose a good bit of condi damage in the meantime though.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Hume.2876

Ok, a few things, I don’t want ANY gear to be best in ALL situations. I do NOT want the holy trinity. I do NOT want berserker gear to be bad. I want it to be good, hell, even best in SOME situations, but not all.

But you haven’t explained how this makes the game better. Does having more preparation in dungeons improve the experience for the players? Oh yeah – now I have to bring a nomad set? Do you think anyone outside of you would be excited about that? Do you think more people would do dungeons because you now have a gear grind hurdle?

Its not even the fact that it’s the best gear for ALL dungeons but the fact it’s best for ALL dungeons AND ALL classes. And a final note, the game isn’t boring to me due to one gear set being best.

And the problem with is what from a gameplay perspective? Do you suffer because you see the wrong letters near your armor? Or is it a loot problem? You are not explaining this ‘problem’ other then restating it. It’s like saying the problem with ice cream is ice cream.. Let’s do something about this ice cream problem. LMAO.

Will you be satisfied with the upcoming condi buff? You will see sinister and rabid really popular.

What I don’t like is how the great gw2 community has turned into a wannabe meta cesspool that provides a toxic environment to anyone with a different opinion. I want the gear link crap and that mindset to be destroyed and burned.

Community seems fine – I’d try a different guild. There is always going to be ‘fastest’ possible combination – unless you make all gear the same (which would be the same as removing all gear).

You need some rationale with your theory. I personally think a soft trinity would be cool. So like 3 max DPSers + 1 tanky dude and 1 healy dude > 5 DPSers in terms of clearing content. That would be okay with me. But just saying you don’t like beserker because its the best is nonsensical.

Something is always going to be the best. Right now Arenanet says – hey you want to clear content the fastest – wear the armor with the least defensive stats and play well. But want to clear content any old way? Any old armor will do.

That seems downright logical.. sorry man. I think Arenanet has it right – and you haven’t really thought about what you are saying at all..

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

Ok, a few things, I don’t want ANY gear to be best in ALL situations. I do NOT want the holy trinity. I do NOT want berserker gear to be bad. I want it to be good, hell, even best in SOME situations, but not all.

But you haven’t explained how this makes the game better. Does having more preparation in dungeons improve the experience for the players? Oh yeah – now I have to bring a nomad set? Do you think anyone outside of you would be excited about that? Do you think more people would do dungeons because you now have a gear grind hurdle?

Its not even the fact that it’s the best gear for ALL dungeons but the fact it’s best for ALL dungeons AND ALL classes. And a final note, the game isn’t boring to me due to one gear set being best.

And the problem with is what from a gameplay perspective? Do you suffer because you see the wrong letters near your armor? Or is it a loot problem? You are not explaining this ‘problem’ other then restating it. It’s like saying the problem with ice cream is ice cream.. Let’s do something about this ice cream problem. LMAO.

Will you be satisfied with the upcoming condi buff? You will see sinister and rabid really popular.

What I don’t like is how the great gw2 community has turned into a wannabe meta cesspool that provides a toxic environment to anyone with a different opinion. I want the gear link crap and that mindset to be destroyed and burned.

Community seems fine – I’d try a different guild. There is always going to be ‘fastest’ possible combination – unless you make all gear the same (which would be the same as removing all gear).

You need some rationale with your theory. I personally think a soft trinity would be cool. So like 3 max DPSers + 1 tanky dude and 1 healy dude > 5 DPSers in terms of clearing content. That would be okay with me. But just saying you don’t like beserker because its the best is nonsensical.

Something is always going to be the best. Right now Arenanet says – hey you want to clear content the fastest – wear the armor with the least defensive stats and play well. But want to clear content any old way? Any old armor will do.

That seems downright logical.. sorry man. I think Arenanet has it right – and you haven’t really thought about what you are saying at all..

It all comes down to opinion and you obviously dont agree with mine. My opinion is that quickly stacking might with a full zerker group and burning a boss down while stacking in a corner negating ALL mechanics for the sake of the clock is super boring. The problem is that is what you can aspire to do as a pver wanting end game content. Ive done that content and its boring to me and a lot of other people as well. You say I have no rational in my thoughts but I think you are blatantly ignoring my rational. By the way, they arent just letters next to the gear, turns out, they completely change how a build is played. People seem to think that I want berserker to be bad forever and get some gear diversity for the sake of gear diversity but that is not the case. I want encounters to be more interesting (rational = more interesting more fun) and I would like to see gear sets shine in some encounters but not all (rational = jack of all trades is boring to me and many others for sure). What it really comes down to is the fact that to me (and many others), one set of gear stats for ever class being optimal for every dungeon situation leads to boring gameplay. It isnt about the gear but the gameplay that goes with it. I want condition based builds to co-exist with power builds in a group. A diverse group would be great (not necessary but more INTERESTING). Another thing, I do not mind speed clearing at all because well… if im spending MY time doing something, I want it done as fast as possible because human nature and all that. I do not like the fact that dungeons can be run in 4-5 minutes. If I had my way a good boss fight would be 2-3 minutes alone not 25 seconds within the time range of the might buff. I think this is a case where we will agree to disagree because frankly, some people love having every class run the same gear set for every dungeon (oh and everyone has one build to choose from) while others would like to see something more engaging than stack and burn.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

My opinion is that quickly stacking might with a full zerker group and burning a boss down while stacking in a corner negating ALL mechanics for the sake of the clock is super boring.

The meta guys haven’t been stacking in corners since the FGS nerf. If random people in LFG haven’t gotten the memo, and you don’t want to stack in corners, stop giving them power. You’re refusing to inconvenience yourself in the slightest to make a group that plays as you want to. If you don’t want to play the way they want to, don’t play with them. You want to just drop in the LFG and play as you like. The PuG glass guys have to advertise what they want to get it. Why should you not have to?

The problem is that is what you can aspire to do as a pver wanting end game content. Ive done that content and its boring to me and a lot of other people as well.

The real endgame dungeon content consists of soloing paths. What you’re talking about is farming, which is always inherently boring after x number of repetitions.

By the way, they arent just letters next to the gear, turns out, they completely change how a build is played.

Yeah, wearing glass gear requires one to be more on their toes. Stacking passive survival stats allows for a more relaxed play-style because you have some leeway in how much damage you can take, particularly if you build in some sustain.

People seem to think that I want berserker to be bad forever and get some gear diversity for the sake of gear diversity but that is not the case. I want encounters to be more interesting (rational = more interesting more fun) and I would like to see gear sets shine in some encounters but not all (rational = jack of all trades is boring to me and many others for sure).

I’m all for more interesting encounters. The way to do that is to make encounters interesting. In order to do that, ANet would have to provide interesting mechanics. That could be done without having to contrive ways to make survival gear kill as fast as or faster than glass gear.

What it really comes down to is the fact that to me (and many others), one set of gear stats for ever class being optimal for every dungeon situation leads to boring gameplay.

This perception is rooted in the idea that gear is somehow an active thing. It isn’t. Stats are inherently passive. Survival stats allow for more passive play. Period.

The dungeon content is boring because it’s on farm, and has been for a long time. Raids with really interesting mechanics got boring when they were on farm. Dungeons with really basic mechanics were bound to.

It isnt about the gear but the gameplay that goes with it. I want condition based builds to co-exist with power builds in a group.

Potentially incoming, with the condition mechanic changes.

Finally, it’s not that I don’t want you to have fun. I do. What I don’t want is to break the opportunity costs of glass v. survival stats. Nor do I want to see trinity or required roles. The problem with every idea to make PuG’s accept different gear risks one or both of those.

I’d recommend stepping away from the idea of being able to drop into any PuG, any time and play as you like. ANet is not going to make survival gear kill as fast as glass. They’re unlikely to put any effort into dungeons, so mechanics changes are pie in the sky. ANet has no plans to change the existing dungeons. None, nada, zilch. If you don’t want to play their herd PvE, you’re going to have to take steps to amuse yourself.

Try Condi after the patch. Try adding some of the “many others” to Friends and run with them. Experiment. Find or form a guild. If there are really “many others” you should be able to get groups with some effort. Go for the most speed you can get out of mixed gear groups.

I’ve had to accept quite some time ago that ANet is not going to give me the type of content I want, and I have to make my own amusement. Given the current state of affairs, you may have to as well.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

Survival stats should NEVER touch the kind of damage that full glass does. I HATE the fact that end game pve is solo clearing…. playing alone…. in an mmo…. I’m frustrated because I feel like pve is taking a back seat. But hey, none of us can really be too up in arms about it as they haven’t anounced their challenging group content. Dedicated roles would suck if they were mandatory but finding value in a supporty healer type equal to a damage role (everything is better in moderation lol) would be a welcome change. What it boils down to is that to me, just my opinion, but I feel all physical power based damage all the time in every dungeon for every class being best ALWAYS is monotonous.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Hume.2876

What it boils down to is that to me, just my opinion, but I feel all physical power based damage all the time in every dungeon for every class being best ALWAYS is monotonous.

Okay so like Zerker is bad because it feels monotonous to you.. But you can’t explain how your changes would end this monotony, or what your changes would be, or even why having your armor read a certain name causes this dread boredom..

Well don’t sweat it – condition damage will be a thing.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Zalavaaris.5329

What it boils down to is that to me, just my opinion, but I feel all physical power based damage all the time in every dungeon for every class being best ALWAYS is monotonous.

Okay so like Zerker is bad because it feels monotonous to you.. But you can’t explain how your changes would end this monotony, or what your changes would be, or even why having your armor read a certain name causes this dread boredom..

Well don’t sweat it – condition damage will be a thing.

Did you happen to read my post with my encounter example? That’s how you fix it. And what I think will be good for the game is really just my opinion about what is fun. New encounters is the way you go about fixing the only zerker all the time. I want my character to be optimal at all times because I can’t stand the idea that I could be better so it would take that stress off if they said no matter what you do you won’t be optimal 100% of the time. If I were a condi class in my example I would not be optimal for add duty. As a power build I wouldn’t be optimal on boss damage. That is appealing to me and would make the game better in a couple ways. 1.) It would HOPEFULLY eliminate the “link your zerker or you’re out” mentality and 2.) Having different roles even if they are all damage roles within an encounter. I know corner stacking isn’t a thing because it doesn’t need to be
You still stack, stack as much might as possible, then you just freeze the boss (when you can) avoiding mechanics and just burning it down before your buffs drop.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

New encounters is the way you go about fixing the only zerker all the time.

for a time, sure. but once people figure out what skills to dodge/mitigate you’ll fall back in to the “use as little passive defense as possible and maximise your offensive stats” situation again. a bit like how people tried to hail the wurm or silverwastes as “the end of zerker” and then people just carry on using it anyway.

like … lol, people will literally cling on to anything to satisfy their fantasies.

I want my character to be optimal at all times because I can’t stand the idea that I could be better so it would take that stress off if they said no matter what you do you won’t be optimal 100% of the time.

why is being optimal 100% of the time bad again?

. If I were a condi class in my example I would not be optimal for add duty. As a power build I wouldn’t be optimal on boss damage. That is appealing to me

and what if you are someone who enjoys condition builds but would rather deal with adds in an encounter than the boss? you’re not appealing to them, are you?

1.) It would HOPEFULLY eliminate the “link your zerker or you’re out” mentality

“If you’re clearing adds, use berserker or gtfo, if you’re on the boss use sinister/rabid or gtfo, thanks”

so no, it wouldn’t.

2.) Having different roles even if they are all damage roles within an encounter.

you already have different roles within encounters. you’ve got might stackers, CC appliers and damage mitigation roles

it honestly blows my mind that people think carrying multiple sets of gear is even remotely fun and that gear having a different prefix or your damage numbers appearing differently (oh this is a white number, oh this is a white number surrounded by red, oh this is a white number with a little flame or red droplet next to it!) is so incredibly interesting. it’s not. as someone hwo carries two sets of gear along with a bunch of other consumables it’s just annoying and a hassle to carry around, and I wish the game just had build templates so I could just switch between builds without having to reassign all of my traits.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Belenwyn.8674

New encounters is the way you go about fixing the only zerker all the time.

for a time, sure. but once people figure out what skills to dodge/mitigate you’ll fall back in to the “use as little passive defense as possible and maximise your offensive stats” situation again. a bit like how people tried to hail the wurm or silverwastes as “the end of zerker” and then people just carry on using it anyway.

like … lol, people will literally cling on to anything to satisfy their fantasies.

We simply need encounters that are not focused on damage. We have the trinity damage, support and control. There are two other factors that can be in the center of encounters. Each class can be built with the focus on support or control. That is the strength of GW2.

For the developers this means to design encounters beyond traditional holy-trinity-based paradigm where you smash bosses again and again. GW2 does not have this restriction.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

Why do you think that this is a problem with zerker at all? This variety of complaint stems not from any sort of balance problem, but from the fact all gear is boring by default — at least, all gear except for runes and sigils.

Dont Nerf Zerk Meta

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

now i see how dirty this zerk meta is force pll to wear zerk gear only in dugeons
on the other hand players up the price off the zerk gear