Double-jump for glider?

Double-jump for glider?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I noticed today on PoI you have to wait a second or two after you’re falling to pull out your glider. This caused the developer actively playing the game to miss a few ledges, and plummet to her death.

Would it be too hard to activate the glider while hitting your jump button twice versus what’s been shown?

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Its a feature. Helps drain your gold due to more waypoint costs when you die horribly.

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: Pokora.2053

Pokora.2053

It is a feature. Though devs said there are masteries that will help reduce the delay of getting your glider out, so you can start gliding faster after drop.

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

double jump YES PLEASE !

-Ironcurtain

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

You have to fall a bit because otherwise you don’t have enough wind to deploy the glider. Plus, it allows them to control where you can or cannot get to. Maybe you’re just missing that ledge you need for a vista; well, now you know to keep looking for a slightly higher ledge that will get you there. Or maybe the dev’s character didn’t have enough mastery of gliders to properly deploy them.

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I’m wondering if there’s a mastery that will allow passive deployment of the glider as soon as you fall past the jumping point. By passive I mean it doesn’t require additional button presses, it just happens automatically.

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I’m wondering if there’s a mastery that will allow passive deployment of the glider as soon as you fall past the jumping point. By passive I mean it doesn’t require additional button presses, it just happens automatically.

That’s definitely possible, although I can see situations where a person just wants to fall rather than deploy the glider. I do know they mentioned there’s a mastery that allows the glider to be deployed sooner, so it’s certainly not out of the question.

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Would it be too hard to activate the glider while hitting your jump button twice versus what’s been shown?

That is exactly how it works. You can see right in the video that it says “Press Space” to activate the glider.
They just added in the delay deliberately, so that you actually have to be falling to glide, and not just bunny hopping everywhere you go.

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah, we really need to be able to instantly activate or pre-activate our gliders. This delayed deployment is going to be murder when I’m having a bit of lag… i.e. when I can’t activate it quickly enough and miss my target or fall too my inevitable death (stamina system seems kinda… well lets hope you can upgrade it ALOT).

Double-jump for glider?

Posted by: Alaia Skyhawk.5064

Alaia Skyhawk.5064

During one of the recent Points of Interest, the hosts got into a rather animated discussion about the gliding and updrafts. Describing that moment “when you’ve got a tiny bit of endurance left and then you hit an updraft” saving you from crashing out of the sky.

If that doesn’t indicate that updrafts will recharge your endurance meter for the glider, then I’m not sure what does

I think you’ll find that with high enough mastery in the line, and sufficent skill to plan your routes to take advantage of updrafts, we’ll probably be able to glide some more than decent distances