Economy Questions Repost

Economy Questions Repost

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zekeon.6950

Zekeon.6950

Hey, John Smith. I have some questions.

1. Why do you hate PvE so much?
2. Why does Anet have to make so many bad decisions?
3. Why are you trying to force Fractals? They’re not fun.
4. Why don’t you add real dungeons and just remove Fractals from existence.
5. Why is your response to #4 a bullkitten answer? :^)

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is a brilliant example of how not to get questions answered. Stellar peevishness slathered with smarmy entitlement. Really first rate.

Yeah, because these garbage changes warrant anything else. Not.

“Not”? Did you just watch Wayne’s World?

Anyway, none of the specific changes have been announced. It’s the usual, “sky is falling” attitude of this forum, or perhaps some gamers in general, feeding into the doom and gloom. As was mentioned, dungeons are a broken gold faucet that have long needed to be and are being nerfed. The qq is being justified by lofty notions of dedication to content, but the heart of the matter is that mommy took the teat away and now the broken farm can’t be exploited any longer.

Have you been in a dungeon… ever? If you had, you’d realize putting up with these buggy messes of what passes for pve content should reward us at least enough to be worth the time.

If you really care about broken gold sinks, ask for a sw nerf. SW is 10% (or less) of the work as a dungeon for 5x, (now probably 10x) the reward just for running around and tagging kitten.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Kolzi.5928

Kolzi.5928

As was mentioned, dungeons are a broken gold faucet that have long needed to be and are being nerfed. The qq is being justified by lofty notions of dedication to content, but the heart of the matter is that mommy took the teat away and now the broken farm can’t be exploited any longer.

Silverwastes is easier, can be done while alt tabbed half the time and gives more gold than dungeons lol. Dry top is comparable, cursed shore is comparable. Dungeon gold gain is not broken.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: cygnus.8913

cygnus.8913

Alright,

So what I can see is that not only was the community not thought of in this decision, it was completely just pushed to the side and basically told that here you go play this content, it is the only way that “you will be able to get to your goal faster” and we are making dungeons more bothersome to the point where you shouldn’t even do them…. seems logical a game that based it self of the community is deciding to mess up what the community already enjoys. they are afraid that they will have less people in the new zones so they want to just force them in it…. lowering drops and making dungeons less effective seems to be a horrible way force players into an expansion… now it is about money…. make the dungeons not as good make people buy HoT and that is going to be the main gold income…..

The thing is that people are not seeing the bigger picture. What they did should make sense once the expansion releases.

If there was a bigger picture why not be up front about it rather than saying “we are nerfing this just because”

Honestly there is no reason to nerf Salvage and Dungeons unless they really did not have faith that they put enough rewards in new zones to make players play in those zones. That is a soft incentive which retains the integrity of old content.

Right now, yes I could do dungeons to get gold but I am also incentivized in a positive way to go to places like Silverwastes event/chest map if I want more mats to use or sell rather than pure gold. What they needed to do is simply make the new zones worth it to run rather than force ppl to play it because “it is the best content we have left”.

It might be better to wait and see. Devil’s advocate here:

If (and I don’t know this to be true) dungeon rewards were contributing to a large influx of gold into the player economy causing inflation, the simplest means of removing that would be to nerf the rewards, rather than having to tune lots of other stuff elsewhere.

If (and I don’t know this to be true) certain materials intended to be rarer were much more common than intended, and certain materials intended to be more common were much rarer than intended, that creates instabilities in the economy in terms of crafting and intended value/scarcity.

I do think the dungeons could use extra token drops if their gold rewards are taking a hit, though – it would incentivise players collecting the skin sets, for one thing.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: cygnus.8913

cygnus.8913

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is a brilliant example of how not to get questions answered. Stellar peevishness slathered with smarmy entitlement. Really first rate.

They don’t warrant abusive posts. I wouldn’t want to field posts like that as part of my day job – I imagine devs and related people don’t either.

Maybe don’t make terrible changes that nobody would ever think wouldn’t have terrible backlash?

I know Anet doesn’t do a lot of it, but they could think about that for about 4 seconds and realize this was a bad idea.

We don’t know enough about these changes yet, is all I’m saying – and posts like that don’t encourage people to be more forthcoming about what they’re trying to accomplish.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Xytor.1267

Xytor.1267

Anet: Phase 1 of operation f2p was a success. Now for phase 2 of our devious plan: nerf everyrhing f2p and force players to buy our expansion!

Intern: But sir, wouldn’t that screw over the players who have been playing since release and enjoy the dungeon content as opposed to afking events in SW?

Anet: Exactly. MUHAHAHAHAHA

(edited by Xytor.1267)

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

no need for insults, if you want to be heard and taken seriously drop the insults

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Alright,

So what I can see is that not only was the community not thought of in this decision, it was completely just pushed to the side and basically told that here you go play this content, it is the only way that “you will be able to get to your goal faster” and we are making dungeons more bothersome to the point where you shouldn’t even do them…. seems logical a game that based it self of the community is deciding to mess up what the community already enjoys. they are afraid that they will have less people in the new zones so they want to just force them in it…. lowering drops and making dungeons less effective seems to be a horrible way force players into an expansion… now it is about money…. make the dungeons not as good make people buy HoT and that is going to be the main gold income…..

The thing is that people are not seeing the bigger picture. What they did should make sense once the expansion releases.

If there was a bigger picture why not be up front about it rather than saying “we are nerfing this just because”

Honestly there is no reason to nerf Salvage and Dungeons unless they really did not have faith that they put enough rewards in new zones to make players play in those zones. That is a soft incentive which retains the integrity of old content.

Right now, yes I could do dungeons to get gold but I am also incentivized in a positive way to go to places like Silverwastes event/chest map if I want more mats to use or sell rather than pure gold. What they needed to do is simply make the new zones worth it to run rather than force ppl to play it because “it is the best content we have left”.

They kind of did between the economy blog and the legendary weapon one.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Ravage.6574

Ravage.6574

Alright,

They kind of did between the economy blog and the legendary weapon one.

That was a good post…. but this one seems more like a look we know yall like dungeons but here is content we hope you like…. actually here we will just make all your past content worse and force you to play this one… i would have like to see some sort of demographic poll on what players would want.

Economy Questions Repost

Ayrilana.1396

Anyway, none of the specific changes have been announced. It’s the usual, “sky is falling” attitude of this forum, or perhaps some gamers in general, feeding into the doom and gloom. As was mentioned, dungeons are a broken gold faucet that have long needed to be and are being nerfed. The qq is being justified by lofty notions of dedication to content, but the heart of the matter is that mommy took the teat away and now the broken farm can’t be exploited any longer.

Have you been in a dungeon… ever? If you had, you’d realize putting up with these buggy messes of what passes for pve content should reward us at least enough to be worth the time.

If you really care about broken gold sinks, ask for a sw nerf. SW is 10% (or less) of the work as a dungeon for 5x, (now probably 10x) the reward just for running around and tagging kitten.

SW chest farm doesn’t really add gold into the game. Of course the SW chest farm fails as a gold sink. It’s not meant to be one.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

snip

Exactly. My. Point.

Technically, we can never know for sure.

But now ArenaNet has given us empirical evidence that would support them dropping it. Because just about all past “new, groundbreaking, exciting” stuff they did end up dropping after 1 or 2 iterations.

With the intention to deincentivize dungeons, here’s my question for ArenaNet:

Where’s the casual/semi-casual 5-man group gameplay?

• You have open world – full on casual, even Tequatl is by now.
  • You have story instances – full on casual, and solo’d.
  • You have fractals – short timespan 5-man high level content, with how they’re going about things.
  • You have raids – long timespan 10-man high level content

Dungeons fill a particular niche and they are trying to remove it. They are removing part of their playerbase. They’re not just ignoring dungeons anymore, they’re removing them. Maybe not fully – yet, at least – but that’s what they’re doing.

And if ArenaNet is willy-nilly about removing working-but-not-perfect content in GW2 when even in GW1 the most broken content in terms of profit-to-easiness remained for years and years, what guarantee do we have that ArenaNet won’t remove other such content?

Ah, wait. They are. Underwater content they’re also removing, piece by piece.

@ArenaNet, you’re taking the game we paid for away. Do you really think people will keep paying long-term for this? Or have you become like EA – just interested in quick moneygrabs no matter what great games and stories you ruin?

@Konig Des Todes. I’m not trying to play the devil’s advocate, but I believe that ANet is aiming (though they might fail with their aim) to set low tier fractals as the semi casual 5 men content, and high tier fractals as the hardcore 5 men content.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Ravage.6574

Ravage.6574

SW chest farm doesn’t really add gold into the game. Of course the SW chest farm fails as a gold sink. It’s not meant to be one.

SW adds gear>>>>Gear gilves silk>>>>> people make level 53’s and get Linen. it SW was a bad idea for gold. SW is a gold faucet.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Three Cheers for John Smith!

I am looking forward to a change (read: reduction) in the value of dungeon SPEED RUNNING. Feeling tremendous pressure to force myself through endless repetition as fast as possible to sate the need of added value will be a great stress relief as I look forward to the release of hot. In John Smith I trust.

obligatory relevant M. Python scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

I’m one of the few that agree with you. I for one, like the dungeon flat gold nerf. I hope it comes with a fractal flat gold buff, though.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

Economy Questions Repost

Ayrilana.1396

SW adds gear>>>>Gear gilves silk>>>>> people make level 53’s and get Linen. it SW was a bad idea for gold. SW is a gold faucet.

SW chest farm doesn’t ADD gold (other than small incidental amount if that) into the game.

Economy Questions Repost

Xytor.1267

snip

Exactly. My. Point.

Technically, we can never know for sure.

But now ArenaNet has given us empirical evidence that would support them dropping it. Because just about all past “new, groundbreaking, exciting” stuff they did end up dropping after 1 or 2 iterations.

With the intention to deincentivize dungeons, here’s my question for ArenaNet:

Where’s the casual/semi-casual 5-man group gameplay?

• You have open world – full on casual, even Tequatl is by now.
  • You have story instances – full on casual, and solo’d.
  • You have fractals – short timespan 5-man high level content, with how they’re going about things.
  • You have raids – long timespan 10-man high level content

Dungeons fill a particular niche and they are trying to remove it. They are removing part of their playerbase. They’re not just ignoring dungeons anymore, they’re removing them. Maybe not fully – yet, at least – but that’s what they’re doing.

And if ArenaNet is willy-nilly about removing working-but-not-perfect content in GW2 when even in GW1 the most broken content in terms of profit-to-easiness remained for years and years, what guarantee do we have that ArenaNet won’t remove other such content?

Ah, wait. They are. Underwater content they’re also removing, piece by piece.

@ArenaNet, you’re taking the game we paid for away. Do you really think people will keep paying long-term for this? Or have you become like EA – just interested in quick moneygrabs no matter what great games and stories you ruin?

@Konig Des Todes. I’m not trying to play the devil’s advocate, but I believe that ANet is aiming (though they might fail with their aim) to set low tier fractals as the semi casual 5 men content, and high tier fractals as the hardcore 5 men content.

The problem with that is factals aren’t as enjoyable as dungeons to a lot of people, me included. When anet first began advertizing their new game, half the hype was in regards to EXPLORABLE DUNGEONS. The idea of different paths with different objectives. Fractals weren’t metioned and didn’t exist. We don’t want more fractals, we want Anet to fix their bugged code and continue providing new DUNGEON CONTENT, without the insane nerf that renders running them pointless. It was another option as opposed to LW or fractals. Now it’s not an option at all.

Economy Questions Repost

Zekeon.6950

“Buff thieves.”
“Ok.”
“Now make the only thing they’re useful for not worth doing.”
“Dungeons, sir?”
“Yes.”
“You’re brilliant.”
“I know.”

All these mixed signals, it’s almost like anet doesn’t even collectively have a single brain.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

SW chest farm doesn’t ADD gold (other than small incidental amount if that) into the game.

But this isnt that relevant disincentivizing is actually the main goal. I asked specifically if the issue was based on lower gold earning or shifting it.

If it wasnt about disincentivizing it they would have given it valuable material reward selection instead. Like map rewards.

He was very clear that the primary focus was that they feel dungeon type players who want to earn should be doing fractals.

Which was my next question he answered.

Why are people assuming things, he answered very clearly.

They dont want dungeons to be a sanctioned/well rewarded activity anymore.

The main goal of doing dungeons now will be tokens.

Now you can say whether you think thats a good or nad idea, but dont bring up faucets or whatever, theres solutions that could solve that without disincentivizing dungeons

Economy Questions Repost

Ayrilana.1396

But this isnt that relevant disincentivizing is actually the main goal. I asked specifically if the issue was based on lower gold earning or shifting it.

If it wasnt about disincentivizing it they would have given it valuable material reward selection instead. Like map rewards.

He was very clear that the primary focus was that they feel dungeon type players who want to earn should be doing fractals.

Now you can say whether you think thats a good or nad idea, but dont bring up faucets or whatever, theres solutions that could solve that without disincentivizing dungeons

My post has nothing to do with what you were posting about nor was directed at you. Did you mean to reply to another post instead?

Economy Questions Repost

Xytor.1267

“Buff thieves.”
“Ok.”
“Now make the only thing they’re useful for not worth doing.”
“Dungeons, sir?”
“Yes.”
“You’re brilliant.”
“I know.”

All these mixed signals, it’s almost like anet doesn’t even collectively have a single brain.

It makes perfect sense. Anet is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse – the Black Horse that represents famine. They are taking away our gold. What’s next, our balls?

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

My post has nothing to do with what you were posting about nor was directed at you. Did you mean to reply to another post instead?

Wether sw farm is a gold faucet or not is not relevant to the discussion of dungeon/salvaging nerfs.

They didnt nerf dungeons because they were a gold faucet.

Economy Questions Repost

Ayrilana.1396

Wether sw farm is a gold faucet or not is not relevant to the discussion of dungeon/salvaging nerfs.

They didnt nerf dungeons because they were a gold faucet.

I’m not presenting that as an argument. Had you traced the posts back to where it originated, you’d see I was correcting someone who claimed that it was.

To save you time, here’s the link. Read the second paragraph.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Economy-Questions-Repost/page/7#post5606393

And then

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Economy-Questions-Repost/page/7#post5606532

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I do think the dungeons could use extra token drops if their gold rewards are taking a hit, though – it would incentivise players collecting the skin sets, for one thing.

Unfortunately this would run counter to the stated intent.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I’d rather they just remove dungeons than leave them in such a sad state.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Maybe don’t make terrible changes that nobody would ever think wouldn’t have terrible backlash?

I know Anet doesn’t do a lot of it, but they could think about that for about 4 seconds and realize this was a bad idea.

I reckon anet does it more than other mmo developers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Economy Questions Repost

Zekeon.6950

I reckon anet does it more than other mmo developers.

Maybe more more than Everquest ones, since they pretty much have starved to death by now, but even their desiccated zombie corpses wouldn’t be likely to try and and eat an anet employee’s brain.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

This is just frustratingly sad….

Why don’t you just delete dungeons? honestly, you clearly just stated you don’t want players doing them…

Where did they state that they don’t want players doing dungeons?

Page 1 of this thread.

Nowhere does he state that they do not want players doing dungeons.

Do you realize what the definition of disincentive mean??

You literally might be the only person defending anet for this

No offense, but i’ve never seen an MMORPG go out of their way to do something like this

Yea, gold was being printed too easily from dungs, I get that.

but WHY WOULD THEY LET IT HAPPEN FOR THIS LONG IF IT WAS GOING TO CAUSE AN ISSUE.

These “economist” on anet look at data for a living, you are seriously telling me this was the best option? to literally KILL content that ppl enjoyed?

There are PLENTY of counter measures (more gold sinks) anet could have done in the past years but didn’t

There are PLENTY of options for rebalancing the gold reward (make it 50-75s, give players lodestones, T6 mats, or whatever of equally worth)

This was a straight LAZY move on their part, point blank, period.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Hey John, not sure if your still answering questions but I thought I would throw one out, you bring up charged lodestones alot, and rightfully so since they are rather inflated compared to other lodestones, but as somebody that is somewhat invested in the market of mystic forge crafted weapons that require charged lodestones should I be concerned about the weapons that I’ve crafted and are currently waiting to be sold severely becoming devalued as a result of charged lodestones becoming devalued?

Economy Questions Repost

Ashen.2907

Why don’t you just delete dungeons? honestly, you clearly just stated you don’t want players doing them…

Page 1 of this thread.

Pretty much this.

An incentive is an encouragement toward something.

A disincentive is a discouragement.

To disincentivize doing dungeons literally means to discourage from doing dungeons.

Economy Questions Repost

Ayrilana.1396

Page 1 of this thread.

You literally might be the only person defending anet for this

No offense, but i’ve never seen an MMORPG go out of their way to do something like this

Yea, gold was being printed too easily from dungs, I get that.

but WHY WOULD THEY LET IT HAPPEN FOR THIS LONG IF IT WAS GOING TO CAUSE AN ISSUE.

These “economist” on anet look at data for a living, you are seriously telling me this was the best option? to literally KILL content that ppl enjoyed?

There are PLENTY of counter measures (more gold sinks) anet could have done in the past years but didn’t

There are PLENTY of options for rebalancing the gold reward (make it 50-75s, give players lodestones, T6 mats, or whatever of equally worth)

Read my other posts. I’ve already commented on this multiple times and don’t feel like doing it again.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

They could replace gold with other things. They have basically just turned their back on dungeons, which is not what I expected from a company with their policies.

Economy Questions Repost

Axialbloom.8109

Why is silk weaving thread not being addressed? The cost is extremely unfair to light armour professions.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Just to add on to the subject of the dungeon gold nerf, I think that rewards have to be practically looked at on a gold/hour basis. There is a reason why certain paths are completely overlooked by the majority of the community and that is because they just aren’t particularly rewarding for the time and effort involved. Using GW2Efficiency figures, I think we could say that, yes, maybe paths like CoF1, SE1 and AC need their rewards rebalancing slightly downwards, as getting almost 10g/hour just on the gold reward of the dungeon is possibly a bit high. But in comparison, there are paths that have always felt neglected and not particularly worthwhile – HotW2 and 3 and CoF3 spring to mind and even arguably paths that have a notionally high reward like Arah4. I think the best way of approaching it would be to look at the analytics of how long the average party takes to complete any given path, decide roughly how much they should be making per hour by running dungeons and assigning a gold value to each path on that basis.

I do feel that in doing this, it’s tempting to skew your view towards the people who run the paths the fastest – the people who know every trick and can get through a path in half the time a pug group would. Slashing gold rewards because of those people is a bad and lazy thing to do though. Instead of punishing the majority of players who play dungeons to have some fun and make a bit of money, surely it would make far more sense to fix some of problems that make it possible for people to make a mockery of the idea of hard, but rewarding dungeons? Let’s take a major example here – Arah. Would it not make more sense to fix the parts where people are still able to skip entire sections (not talking about running past mobs) or even, gods forbid, making it so that you can’t wall and reflect Lupi? Ideally, we should be talking about how we can fix the existing exploits and shortcuts to make it so that all players have a tough, demanding challenge that has a good reward for their time at the end of it. Instead, if I’m teaching a group an Arah path, I expect to set aside up to two hours for that. If I’m with a pug group that’s not necessarily that good, I expect to take up to 45-60 minutes on a path like P1. If I’m with a really good group, it probably wouldn’t be unreasonable for me to cut that closer to 30 minutes. But it sounds like this is all being judged on the groups that are running through in a fraction of the time using every trick in the book (and then are sometimes selling the path on top), rather than understanding that the rewards already aren’t always that great for the average player.

It’s not that I have an overall objection to the idea of moving away from dungeons but realistically, I think the existing dungeons present a good alternative to newer PvE content and will continue going forward as something different to do. A big part of that is because other options haven’t really been presented. Fractals was introduced in 2012 and since then, four of the five additional levels that went in were cut and pasted from the Living Story. Is it appreciated how boring it would have been if the only instanced group PvE content that gave half-decent rewards for three years were those 14 levels? Even with raids coming in, it sounds very much like they’re going to get released at the pace of one wing every few months. That’s not really what I’d call a replacement, especially on weekly rewards.

Frankly, I got pretty bored of WvW because it was the same thing over and over again and I’d even be making a loss in terms of gold (factoring in buying upgrades). It doesn’t sound like this is really going to make group PvE content much better than that. As it stands, if there wasn’t a gold reward attached to dungeons, I’d only play PvP if I wanted dungeon tokens – takes longer, but I’d actually have more fun and feel like I’m actually getting something out of my time. Or, gods forbid, I’d just go play another game.

Sea of Sorrows

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I feel sorta bad for those whom did not buy the expansion…

I don’t. They weren’t surprised by the bad news after they’ve already paid, and may now decide they don’t want to support the game that is not aimed at them.

It could be that “disincentivizing” is a term of art from an economist’s standpoint. He might just have meant “we don’t want the incentive to play dungeons to be that they are a gold faucet, so we are removing (some of) the economic incentive to play them.”

He’s an economist, not a PR spinner in tune with how laymen will interpret his terminology.

Bingo. This is how I read it as well.

The blog said it clearer. They don’t want to support dungeons anymore, and would rather people played Fractals and Raids.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Hey john!

Question: will the recipe for bolt of damask change to match what you need for the other ascended Mats?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Economy Questions Repost

Ashen.2907

I feel sorta bad for those whom did not buy the expansion…

I don’t. They weren’t surprised by the bad news after they’ve already paid, and may now decide they don’t want to support the game that is not aimed at them.

This.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Why is silk weaving thread not being addressed? The cost is extremely unfair to light armour professions.

They did and the answer was that they frankly don’t give a kitten.

Howdy John! Any plans to reduce the amount of bolts of silk required for crafting spools of silk weaving thread?

Nope

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Howdy John! Any plans to reduce the amount of bolts of silk required for crafting spools of silk weaving thread?

Nope

In fact they seem to regard the silk price as something that other mats needs to be brought up to. Pretty ridiculous.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Economy Questions Repost

Axialbloom.8109

Nope

In fact they seem to regard the silk price as something that other mats needs to be brought up to. Pretty ridiculous.

That is what I got from it as well. Does this mean a nerf to mithril nodes?

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Possibly nerf to mithril from salvage.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Is that code for “Buy mithril ore now”? Because I get the feeling something is gonna happen to all the ore in game. Just a little while ago, I refined 6 stacks of Orichalcum in case they change it to 3:1 for ingots.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Tomtue.6072

Tomtue.6072

From my point of view… nerfing the rewards for dungeons without some form of compensation ist just a terrible decision.
I enjoyed doing them. But the rewards were allready bad before. Exotic weapons and armor are outmatched by ascended. So all you get from Dungeons are skins (some beautiful and interesting, some boring) and gold. If u were lucky, u might get a useful drop. But most times, u just sell them for gold.

On the other hand… raids are only weekly and very time consuming (i don’t know if i will have time for them actually). Fractals will be less time consuming, but mistlock instability will keep annoying me. Some of those debuffs don’t matter much, some are annoying as hell. And to be honest, only some of the boss encounters in fractals are interesting, the rest of the design is boring. Dungeons at least had lore and some interesting dialogs of npcs.

If the gold generation of dungeons is really a problem (which i doubt, if sw farm and other stuff is considered), then there should be some sort of compensation in terms of reward.
You could add ascended gear to the token vendors (of course for higher prices than exotic gear), increase the amount of tokens earned or just give some sort of meaningful reward.

Unfortunately, i allready bought HoT. This kind of design decission is just something is don’t want to support. To devalue old content to force players to buy the expansion instead of just making the new content interesting enough on it’s own…. i really lack the words to express what i’m feeling about this….. It’s a nogo.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Page 1 of this thread.

Disincentivize means exactly what he said, make people play it less, not never again.
So people will play other content more often.

The gold reward will probably go to the value you stated, something around 50 to 75 silvers (for the 1G worth ones, proportionate that for arah).
A full fractal run @50 gives 1g40s. Divide that in 4 parts is 35s. With the change on fractals i see each on yeld 50-75 too, since each one is fast like a dungeon path.
People don’t do fractals because is not worth for the time/reward, but are exactly a dungeon like the others. If you even that people will play them or dungeon because they like them and won’t lose on the rewards.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Economy Questions Repost

Astralporing.1957

Possibly nerf to silk from salvage.

Disincentivize means exactly what he said, make people play it less, not never again.
So people will play other content more often.

Yes. exacty. As they have said directly, they are now considering Fractals (and only fractals) to be their 5-man content. Dungeons are no longer supported, and thus they’d rather people moved to other parts of the game. I bet, that if the gold nerf won’t be enough, other “disincentives” will follow.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Northstrider.2456

Northstrider.2456

So my grand question is:
If the salvaging is getting revamped that it is gonna drop random materials from all tier stages this would mean that the higher tiered materials have to share their drop-chance with the lower ones. So as a consequence this would mean that high tiered materials are getting even more rare which will be leading to a massive increase of T6 material pricings. Are you pointing to the goal to make players grind their stuff on their own by making high level trading uneffordable expensive or what is the exact motive here? I see if the leather is getting changed cuz it drops on mass ye but that is the only wrong thing here I see so far.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Is that code for “Buy mithril ore now”? Because I get the feeling something is gonna happen to all the ore in game. Just a little while ago, I refined 6 stacks of Orichalcum in case they change it to 3:1 for ingots.

Ori seems in a good spot though. And with the eventual ‘flood’ of precursors, they might actually need a faucet instead of a sink. Right now, I anticipate map rewards will contribute a fair amount in quelling market demand.

Granted, still a wise idea to refine now. One never knows where ANet will strike next!
(Tongue in cheek, but still..) :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Economy Questions Repost

Astralporing.1957

So my grand question is:
If the salvaging is getting revamped that it is gonna drop random materials from all tier stages

We don’t know how this will work. We only know that the base salvage material quantity is going down, in exchange for something else. That something else could be fine mats, or something completely new for all we know.

Based on the previous experience, i’d still expect the end result to be less than what it is now.

Actions, not words.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Oh no, I’m merely thinking about what I get a lot of salvaging that’s under 1s on the TP. Basically the T5s other than Silk. Now if they are not “fixing” the silk requirement and wanting to use silk as a benchmark for a healthy market … don’t know.

Speculation is a suckers game for most.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

So my grand question is:
If the salvaging is getting revamped that it is gonna drop random materials from all tier stages this would mean that the higher tiered materials have to share their drop-chance with the lower ones. So as a consequence this would mean that high tiered materials are getting even more rare which will be leading to a massive increase of T6 material pricings. Are you pointing to the goal to make players grind their stuff on their own by making high level trading uneffordable expensive or what is the exact motive here? I see if the leather is getting changed cuz it drops on mass ye but that is the only wrong thing here I see so far.

I actually started a thread on this exact topic, anet doesn’t seem to want to answer how they plan on balancing this, so I take it as, salvaging will get a temporary nerf, until the new items become popular in turn just making the items that don’t drop from the salvage tables more valuable, creating again the same problem that they refuse to fix indefinitely.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Ive been talking about the bag nerf elsewhere not realising there was a more ‘official’ thread here – I don’t think they can randomise level specific mats across ALL different level loot bags, so as far as im concerned the ‘linen’ issue still remains – all they will be doing is reducing the same level leather for a little more cloth.

More importantly it represents a obvious overall Loot bag nerf – you will not be getting as much from your salvages of your crappy blue and green bag drop as before…

Everything that could accrue Gold seems to being nerfed lately and in a game that is already so incredibly tight fisted with decent loot drops im finding it off putting -when even the skinner box #cough# loot boxes are getting nerfed into the ground subs to WoW start looking attractive again…

Economy Questions Repost

Axialbloom.8109

Oh no, I’m merely thinking about what I get a lot of salvaging that’s under 1s on the TP. Basically the T5s other than Silk. Now if they are not “fixing” the silk requirement and wanting to use silk as a benchmark for a healthy market … don’t know.

Speculation is a suckers game for most.

This is what I am thinking as well. Of course they saw no need to address the difference until HoT, so maybe they are fine with leaving silk at a zillion times the cost of other mats.

Economy Questions Repost

Posted by: Dasturdly.7145

Dasturdly.7145

So i guess ppl wil now farm only one quick path over and over again like the good old days (SE P1, COF P1)

Feline Grace [Meow]