Elite Specializations & Hero Point Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

They said some time back that items that give experience can’t be used to progress Masteries. This means those writs can only be used on a char before level 80. After level 80 you can turn 20 of them into one tome and get a shard.

If we could buy HPs with shards that’d be helpful.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

400 skill points lol.

GG anet, GG.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Honestly I feel like this is BWE4. There’s no way if they tested this system in betas it wouldn’t have made it to the live game.

I have 8 level 80 characters (welcome my latest revenant) and I tried Druid on my 100% mapped ranger and only was able to unlock half of the spec, making it unplayable. Now I hate the design of the Druid, I think Anet screwed that one up. Since it’s such a chore to unlock it, I won’t bother with the spec.

Does this make sense to anyone? Show us something, let us try it, then release the game with us expecting to be adventuring on our new toys and then tell us we need to complete the content on our old specs to unlock the new one?

How it is unplayable, exactly? You get the heal, and I assume at least one of the skills, plus the staff. You get the specral mode just by fitting the trait line, what else do you need to be able to play it? Not to be able to play it fully, but to be able to play it at all?

Pretty sure it’s playable, you just want the whole thing.

You want to know what isn’t playable until it’s done? Herald, because at least for all the other classes you can fit other skills in until you can get the ones you want. Herald can’t do that at all, so until it’s complete the Glint line is only partially functional.

Many people tried pointing this out, you were to busy being ignorant to them to notice it seems.

No one pointed anything out, because until just today no one actually knew precisely how it would even work. My plan had been to unlock herald then put all my points into the skills, having a completely unfilled trait line isn’t ideal, but it’s not bad if I have the skills to go with it. Now that it’s clear how the system actually works it’s clear that Herald, exclusively, is not entirely functional until all 400 points are spent into it.

Only now, after the information is known to be true is it fair to make that claim. It was clear, though, that Herald was always going to be some amount of a problem because no Revenant could come into the game with any extra points.

This isn’t about Herald, this is about Druid, and all the other elites and anyone claiming that the elite is unplayable because they couldn’t completely fill it out immediately. That is entirely untrue.

Scrapper is tied heavily to skills daredevils dodges are gm traits.
Essentially if your traits mattered you are kitten , if your good utilities mattered you are kitten .

But that was the design intention. That you must heavily invest time in hot for progress.

The system would probably be ok if they didnt make masteries a progressive grind.

In other news does mastery earning feel slow and grindy after the first couple ones?

Daredevil and Scrapper are the only ones I have slotted right now, and it’s just what I expected. Not using staff and utilities on Daredevil, I’m doing it for the extra endurance. And yes I want the grand master, but it doesn’t ruin the character just because I don’t have it yet, it’ll just be that much better when I do. Still a fully functional thief. On Scrapper I’m just running the Hammer, which I have at one point into it. Still a fully functional engineer, though.

so your saying, that an extra endurance bar is the main point of DD?
you realize the acrobatic line essentially gives you more endurance via feline grace and endless stamina?

You basically are a kitten thief.

also, last i played engineer, the point was utilities and trait use.
using the same utilities basically makes you a gimpier version of an old engineer, cause you have key traits missing

You get that I can run Daredevil AND Acrobatics together, right? Which I am, actually. It effectively allows me to play my thief the way I played before they changed traits since I automatically have three dodges again. They got rid of the trait that gave you half a bar of endurance back with each dodge letting you dodge three times in a row instead of two.

As for my Engineer the traits I’m losing were not terribly useful to me based on my play style to begin with, which is why I was willing to swap it out for Scrapper in the first place.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They said some time back that items that give experience can’t be used to progress Masteries. This means those writs can only be used on a char before level 80. After level 80 you can turn 20 of them into one tome and get a shard.

Unfortunately no. Not an option, at least currently..

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: localghost.9145

localghost.9145

I stopped playing because the thought of having to grind so much to get elite spec on one of my charcters, not even considering several of them, was too much.
And the thought how I have to play and what parts of the game I have to play to get the hero points simply is not fun for me. Call me lazy or spoiled, but the fact is I turned off the game two hours into launch day of the first expansion because I was bored.. I play to have fun, elite spec is fun. I bought an expansion and now I have to grind and grind to gain access to that expansions content, or at least the content that interests me. And this is the MMO that’s supposed to be free from grinding. Nice job.

Blippis Trynhatt
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I stopped playing because the thought of having to grind so much to get elite spec on one of my charcters, not even considering several of them, was too much.
And the thought how I have to play and what parts of the game I have to play to get the hero points simply is not fun for me. Call me lazy or spoiled, but the fact is I turned off the game two hours into launch day of the first expansion because I was bored.. I play to have fun, elite spec is fun. I bought an expansion and now I have to grind and grind to gain access to that expansions content, or at least the content that interests me. And this is the MMO that’s supposed to be free from grinding. Nice job.

nah, that was initial gw2.
its now 100% about grinding.
grind masteries or be kitten .
how do you grind masteries? grind events.
the end

Kal Spiro.9745

Unfortunately no. Not an option, at least currently..

Presumably it will never be an option since it would remove the finite commodity aspect which was the point of splitting them in the first place.

Unless they made a system similar to what they’re doing in WvW which let you buy locked points with shards, which would still be very strange, but would ultimately probably appease the masses.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

I was expecting with my map completed characters I will be able to enjoy content with new elites and say goodbye to old base classes cuz I got bored of them after hundreds hours of playing. Now, WoW, Anet you really out done yourself, you really expect ppl to grind through your new content and still be as excited as now to play through them with mentally burnt out farmed “new” elites after like 2 months of grinding?

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

binidj.5734

40 pages in and no response from ArenaNet.

I take this to mean that either they are frantically working to find a fix for this clusterkitten, or they are sat on their thrones looking down on the peasants saying “let them eat hero points.”

Time was I’d absolutely put my money on it being the former, now though … I’m not so sure.

Piken Square

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I take this to mean that either they are frantically working to find a fix for this clusterkitten, or they are sat on their thrones looking down on the peasants saying “let them eat hero points.”

Time was I’d absolutely put my money on it being the former, now though … I’m not so sure.

It doesn’t require a complicated fix. Simply reduce the number of HP required to unlock.
Problem solved.

Posted by: Ajax.4970

Ajax.4970

The ridiculous gating of the Elite Spec behind an enormous amount of grind has really just soured this whole launch for me after a few hours of play.

Sorry but you got it very wrong this time ANet. People want to play the new content with the new specs not have to play the new content just to get the new specs. As a mostly WvW player I’ll just be going back to my normal build now until I can unlock the Elite spec, whenever that might be, its just so very disappointing.

It does seem to be overshadowing the excitement that should be HoT release. All those people that don’t use the forums often just got hit in the face with this, many of which seem to be none to happy.

I use the forums and knew there was a high cost, however it was unclear how it was made up, how much was skills & traits and how much was items.

If the traits and skills were bought separately as with other specs I could choose the skills I wanted and unlock the traits as a priority, as it stands I can’t play the scrapper without paying for the terrible gyros I will never use.

For what we are now understanding to be a very integral part of the expansion that people have been asking about for a long time they have been very tight lipped. I am just extremely disappointed and feel very misled, this is basically levelling all over again, a part of the game dislike.

Kal Spiro.9745

Nothing to fix, working as intended. Also they’re all busy trying to figure out why some people are getting locked out of Verdant Brinks and unable to play any of the content at all. That’s a bit more important.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Yep, I lasted less than an hour and the thought of how much grind it is going to take just took the wind out of my glider. They have really cheapened the experience and shattered a lot of peoples view of the overall success of this expansion. Really poor decision on gating the elite even worse gating it behind the mastery grind, took most of the fun out of the new content for me. I’d actually have preferred you left it in beta where I could actually play my reaper the way he is meant to play.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Alfred Nobel.2914

Alfred Nobel.2914

Sorry for these words but I absolutely hate this system and it forces me out of wvw/pve completely. Just give us the elite specialization with maximum some few hours of effort, how hard can it be. I bought a expansion to my character, not the time to unlock it.

Posted by: KidShogun.8509

KidShogun.8509

Disappointed and aggravated with the design decisions on progression here, for multiple reasons.

Putting all traits and skills in the single line not only continues the annoying “hey we’re simplifying it” trend, but also reeks of “how can we make them play this game longer so we can squeeze more money out of them.”

I was already hooked and enjoying WvW and looking forward to elites (gj, marketing team). These design decisions actually prompt me to wish for something else to play, after being let down.

I’ll continue to WvW, and maybe I’ll eventually unlock an elite, but really I’m just waiting for another game now.

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

Decided to take a break for a few weeks/months. They probably won’t change anything about the amount of HP it requires to get all of the skills for the elite specs, but that wouldn’t surprise me either way. Been playing since day one, so I wouldn’t mind taking a break to play another game. Hope they sort it out for you guys sticking around. o/

Posted by: ZhangSai.1562

ZhangSai.1562

Just dropped by the Forums to say how dissappointed and sad I am…

You get that addon… you wait for the elite spec.. and BAM 400 hero point wall in your face…

any possibility to go back in time and stop myself von ever investing time and money in here? that design decission just kittens up sooo bad…

kitten it A-Net… Sorry but not gonna play that grindwars 2 anymore…

Kal Spiro.9745

Disappointed and aggravated with the design decisions on progression here, for multiple reasons.

Putting all traits and skills in the single line not only continues the annoying “hey we’re simplifying it” trend, but also reeks of “how can we make them play this game longer so we can squeeze more money out of them.”

I was already hooked and enjoying WvW and looking forward to elites (gj, marketing team). These design decisions actually prompt me to wish for something else to play, after being let down.

I’ll continue to WvW, and maybe I’ll eventually unlock an elite, but really I’m just waiting for another game now.

What money are they squeezing out of you? They already got your money. You’re not paying a subscription or anything. Making things take longer doesn’t accomplish anything more than giving us more to do.

Do get it. I actually do agree after seeing the complete process in action. I would prefer to be able to unlock what I want, instead of having them merged together. I’d like more control over my experience. I would like a way to not have to work my way through the game playing one version of the class in order to eventually play a different version (only relevant to me for the Herald, but still true.)

I just don’t understand why this is such a majorly crushing thing for everyone. Maybe it’s because I main a Ranger and I don’t like anything about Druid and never have, so I will continue playing my Ranger just the way it is. Still, I would like to think that people enjoy the classes they’ve been playing up to this point. I would like to think that continuing to play the characters they like a little longer isn’t such a devastating thing.

You get that addon… you wait for the elite spec.. and BAM 400 hero point wall in your face…

any possibility to go back in time and stop myself von ever investing time and money in here? that design decission just kittens up sooo bad…

Did you seriously drop $40-100 for nothing more than an elite spec? I mean, that really seems kind of excessive.

Was no one excited for the game itself?

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I was so exited to play HoT at the moment of release last night. A few hours into it when I realized I wouldn’t even be able to get elites for god know how long I finally just quit out of frustration. After yrs of playing with old specs now here I am in new expansion with much touted elite specs and I’m kitten blocked

Now I feel forced to do wvw which I never do and don’t really enjoy just because at least there it can be done on an understandable progression path.

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

It’s stupid to lock specilizasions behind 400 hero points that take forever to get (not to mention everyone of your alts) when people have level 80 reverants instantly.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I was expecting with my map completed characters I will be able to enjoy content with new elites and say goodbye to old base classes cuz I got bored of them after hundreds hours of playing. Now, WoW, Anet you really out done yourself, you really expect ppl to grind through your new content and still be as excited as now to play through them with mentally burnt out farmed “new” elites after like 2 months of grinding?

Well, with world completion it took me about 6 hours to unlock the third grandmaster trait, which is far from 2 months.

That said, I’ve now learned to hate Maguuma and want nothing more to do with it. The ridiculous grind completely killed all sense of exploration as I just chased points on a map instead of exploring at my own pace.

Posted by: Baclavaman.9054

Baclavaman.9054

I dreaded the fact that the hero challenges would be locked behind the masteries.

I bought the expansion mostly for the Elite specs because my old builds were getting redundant.

This is even worse for the Revenant, the class itself was ok but what really gave me the itch to play it was the Herald because i saw the potential to build a tank with it ( i love to play tank) .
Now i have to bother going through HoT with a class i wasnt excited at first to finally play the Rev i spent so much time perfecting during the beta weekends?

Hmm nope, this is artificial replay ability and what could have a been a very nice experience is now turning into a grind fest and a chore because the content you spent 50$ is now locked behind a huge 400 hp and insult to injury the core hero challenges are neer useless to get the elite specs.

Not asking for a legendary weapon or give everything for free but here were talking about a feature that was a a huge selling point and we actually paid for so have the decency to deliver it for crying out loud…

“Hey you want to play Hot? Yes? Then to enter the jungle its easy, you simply need to spend 25K bandit badges to have enter it, now enjoy grinding the Silver waste and eventually see you on the other side!”

This is how i feel about the elite spec, the hype train missed the station on that one ( said that to be polite because what i had in mind would probably ban me from the forum).

leftyboy.9358

What money are they squeezing out of you? They already got your money. You’re not paying a subscription or anything. Making things take longer doesn’t accomplish anything more than giving us more to do.

Do get it. I actually do agree after seeing the complete process in action. I would prefer to be able to unlock what I want, instead of having them merged together. I’d like more control over my experience. I would like a way to not have to work my way through the game playing one version of the class in order to eventually play a different version (only relevant to me for the Herald, but still true.)

I just don’t understand why this is such a majorly crushing thing for everyone. Maybe it’s because I main a Ranger and I don’t like anything about Druid and never have, so I will continue playing my Ranger just the way it is. Still, I would like to think that people enjoy the classes they’ve been playing up to this point. I would like to think that continuing to play the characters they like a little longer isn’t such a devastating thing.

Did you seriously drop $40-100 for nothing more than an elite spec? I mean, that really seems kind of excessive.

People are simply ready to try new abilities after having played there current builds for years.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Another slap in the face to people who play alts.

Yeah, no. Way too much grind for no reason other than to give the illusion of content – except you’ve walled the content behind grind to begin with.

Voting with my wallet, no cash for anet until this is changed.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Vyshan.2345

Vyshan.2345

I’d taken a break from GW2 and was finally looking forward to coming back, with the new expansion. I played for, maybe 2 hours, and then it hit me. I need FOUR HUNDRED points to play the new specializations? PER CHARACTER?

Are you developers insane?
I’ll just go back to paying and playing other MMOs. Guild Wars 2 has gone and turned into a grindfest time-sink that would make those Korean MMOs proud.

I’m not going to waste months of my time farming hero points just to be able to finally use a feature that was billed as a core selling point of the expansion!

Posted by: lightsword.8291

lightsword.8291

First of all sorry for my bad english. I am still learning (the spanish forums are very inactive).

Please Anet, reduce the hp for the elite spect….. I leveled my guardian and necro to 80 only to unlock the elite spect and I only have about 30-40 hp… after spent almost of them in the rest spects.

I have Hot but I can not play with the Dragon Hunter and the Reaper …. and this was my main reason to purchase this expansion.

As many players have said above…. this is very frustating.

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

I hope i can get Hero Points, at least enough to get ONE specialization done in WvW, cause i won’t PvEing ever. I haven’t PVE’d since the first Halloween event 3 years ago. That’s the only one i loved.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I’m back on my engineer. After five or six hours and only getting enough HP to unlock the first minor I had to giggle. Especially on Revenant, whose Herald is the glue that keeps the class together to the point where no build does not have it.

On top of it first I need glidding, so I unlock it, then I need mushrooms, so I unlock it. I’m still working on updrafts when I discover an HP that apparently needs me to have unlocked the hyleks.

At this point I’m just, you know what? Back to the engineer. No rush, no need t ograb all the HP and ignore content since it does not need the elite spec. Later, once I have the masteries and have discovered how to reach the hard places I suppose I’ll get the Revenant.

Was this what I had planned? A big fat not. Sunk plenty of gold, spent a good chunk of the morning just getting the Revenant and transfering items back and forth and opening my one ascended weapon box then more gold to turn it into a berserker weapon.

P.S. Another two HPs that require the T4 Izuel mastery to not insta die to the poison clouds. Seriously? On the first map? So we ‘only’ need to do 40 HPs to ge the elite spec? By the time we have all the 40 HP we have plumbed HoT and have a few hundred hours under the belt already.

(edited by Kanto.1659)

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I actually bought HOT just for the new traits. But it took hours just to explore the maps with most WP contested at most time and end up having to run most of the time if downed. A lot of the hero points is a champion with a 5 min timer, so you can’t solo it. If you are in a low server like me, you would end up in a low megaserver (I know ’cause most of guilds I see are from my server) and can sit on a hero point for a long time if anyone ever come. To think we need to do all classes, need a vacation between them. XD The maps are not bad to play, but just huge and tiresome especially when WP are contested. HOT is definitely for hardcore farmers. XD

leftyboy.9358

First of all sorry for my bad english. I am still learning (the spanish forums are very inactive).

Please Anet, reduce the hp for the elite spect….. I leveled my guardian and necro to 80 only to unlock the elite spect and I only have about 30-40 hp… after spent almost of them in the rest spects.

I have Hot but I can not play with the Dragon Hunter and the Reaper …. and this was my main reason to purchase this expansion.

As many players have said above…. this is very frustating.

Your English is better than many who were born speaking the language.

Posted by: elfos.2109

elfos.2109

“People saying, “You can play the game with normal specialization, it’s fine, you’ll get it after you do everything, once, it’ll just take longer”.
This is like buying a brand spanking new car and then someone tells you:
“Wait, you have to learn how to drive this old crappy machine you’ve been driving for years while earning stamps for every checkpoint you drive past, but don’t worry, you get 10 stamps per checkpoint, oh , but every checkpoint requires you to have learned a new language, so you can talk to the cashier.”
But everyone their own i guess.”

Those kinds of comparisons with things that have absolutely nothing in common with a video game can always be tweaked any way you want. You could have said something in the lines of “I’ve just bought a brand new, fancy guitar, but that doesn’t make me a guitar player. Now let me practice several hours a week for a couple years until I actually know how to play it”, and it would have been pretty much as valid of a point as yours.

(edited by elfos.2109)

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Every single major AAA mmorpg when providing new class or race or profession, boom it’s there. And you start playing the content with it right after. But noooo this ANet. Let them grind their kitten off before they get to the cool stuff. Is this why I paid 50$??

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Rag.9758

Rag.9758

Grinding Hero Points without PvE? Ha Good One :^)
Thanks Anet

Posted by: Laughingandy.8257

Laughingandy.8257

So first off I’m going to say it, I’m a casual player.

I don’t have the time to sink into playing this game and one of the reasons I like GW2 is that in a lot of ways it’s a casual friendly game. I can dip in, do a few events, and enjoy playing.

Then along came HOT. I pre ordered, I took part in the beta weekends and I had a blast playing the tempest. So I was sitting at work and thinking, great tomorrow I can play them properly. Then I saw how many hero points I needed to use the elite spec and my heart sank.

I in no way have the time to sink into playing long enough to get to that many hero points. Not unless I spend ages exploring the rest of the map and then grinding my way to the other couple of hundred odd points.

Come on guys, 400 is an insane amount.

I think this is a great game and I enjoy playing it. But please have some thought for the casual guys that help support you.

Posted by: elfos.2109

elfos.2109

“Come on guys, 400 is an insane amount.”
400 points is 40 hero challenges (each is giving 10 points), and that’s the worst case that you’ll only be in if you don’t have any hero point right now. You most likely will only have to complete about 20-25ish of them if you’ve played the original game.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Yeah, I don’t like this at all. This is not fun. It would’ve been fun to experience the new content with a new build, not the ones we have been playing for over 3 years.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

“Come on guys, 400 is an insane amount.”
400 points is 40 hero challenges (each is giving 10 points), and that’s the worst case that you’ll only be in if you don’t have any hero point right now. You most likely will only have to complete about 20-25ish of them if you’ve played the original game.

Except you can’t actually get to any of the hero points I’ve seen without having arbitrary mastery skills unlocked. They simply don’t work or straight up kill you for trying, or even better, you can’t even get to them.

This wasn’t mentioned AT ALL in the deal, and that’s a good part of the reason why everyone is mad.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

binidj.5734

Well initially I thought it looked amazing, then the betas happened and I really didn’t like Verdant Brink (my favourite zones are in Ascalon … really not a fan of verticality or canyons) so yeah, the new maps are right at the very bottom of what I’m interested in.

New profession, new eSpecs, guild halls, craftable precursors … those are what I found exciting. That is what I spent my $100 for. What it seems I actually got is a whole lot of the one thing that I really wasn’t that keen on engaging with blocking my access to the stuff that really excited me.

Piken Square

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

As a WvW player who has 12 or so level 80 characters, 3 had 100-200 pts and the rest with 0-20.

400 pts for each and every one? kitten that, I don’t expect kitten to be handed to me on a plate but if you think i’m gonna bother doing 40 odd missions 10 times just to have the specs i bought this frigging expansion for then you’re insane.

All this new grind philosophy is going to do is make me main 2 or so characters and let the others fade. Utter horsekitten

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

[/quote]

Yes. I did actually spend that money solely for the elite specs. I could care less about any of the maps, items, story, etc. I play this game for one reason and one reason only: WvW with my friends.

I’m sorry if people don’t value their time. Unfortunately, I do, because mine is limited. If I can’t enjoy the game at the rate I’d like to or in the way I’d like to, then there is no reason to play it at all. Since elite specs were the sole joy I got out of the expansion, and I was completely fine with dumping $40-100 on elite specs (that’s like two months of gems for me normally), I don’t see how you can view that as “excessive”.

Posted by: Tungsten Monarch.6058

Tungsten Monarch.6058

No reason for any tree to be worth more than any other Tree. The cost should be about 60 points. 400 is bullkittens. What a way to blow your release.

Posted by: Yunni.8296

Yunni.8296

Just adding my 2 cents. I want to play the new content with my elite spec. The map is beyond frustrating to me. New content should make me want to play more, not quit in exasperation.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

So, the end result after launch, is about as predicted before. Hero points are locked behind masteries, a bit worse since the skins aren’t the only final things you train with hero points, so in herald’s case, you will have to truly have all 400. Additionally, they are in fact more difficult to acquire than just running up and pressing F.

Posted by: Naero.4895

Naero.4895

I love how Anet is actively answering other threads but still they are deliberately deciding to ignore this one. Putting specializations behind a grind wall is pretty sad but Anet being not willing to give an answer to the community is even worse. Just give us a currency sink (badges, karma and so on) to get hero points and the problem is solved. Easy as that.

[XxX] Once Were Noobs
Rea Mania- Human Necromancer

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

I don’t have the TIME to spend going after all these HPs. I have a LIFE outside of this game. I spent my £35 expecting to be able to play my new Espec within a reasonable amount of time. This is just completely eye-watering, mind-numbing grind, nothing more.

To get the 10-pointers in the jungle you have to faff about for ages trying to work out where they are, only to realise that you have to spend another age trying to level up to get the god kitten mastery that you need to access the HP. This is truly frustrating.

Why couldn’t it have been 200 HPs? That would have been so much more reasonable kitten .

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Wait a week or two until guides start popping up if you don’t want to “faff about figuring it out yourself”.

Or go play WvW instead.

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

This is an MMO, please take your time to accomplish something or you are probably better of in a differen genre.

Posted by: roguenub.1409

roguenub.1409

It seriously does not take that long.

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

When is the fix coming from the devs for those of us who don’t want to wait a billion years doing boring pve repeatedly on each character just to get the selling point of the expansion?

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

400 is only 40 hero challenges, and thats in the extremely unlikely event that you start from 0,
what ruins it is that the majority of those hero points are locked behind the mastery system, which is designed to be a long term system.

40 accessible hero challenges would be fine, locking them behind mind-numbing mastery grind walls isn’t fine.