Elite Specs: Crossbred Professions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Think about it:

-Chronomancer. Ignoring the “-mancer” bit of its name, it fills Mesmer’s lack of AoE with Necro’s Wells and Continuum can very much be compared to Life Force in its ability to soak damage without actually touching our “real” selves with more than a touch of Spectral Walk.

-Dragonhunter. Also ignoring the “Hunter” thing, it fills Guardian’s lack of range and offense with Ranger’s LB and traps, ankittenhe only one who thought “Swoop” when I saw those Virtue wings? Or that Barrage-like arrow-cage skill?

Now, I’m not saying this is a bad thing. It makes sense to fill niches of one profession by crossing it with another profession particularly strong in that area. In fact, now hopefully Dragonhunter makes more sense given that it is a Guardian who is taking up Ranger ways, same as Chronomancer taking up Necromancer ways.

With this, I believe we’ll also be able to predict with further accuracy how new Elite Specs will come out by looking at what our profession has been lacking or needing for and what other professions are particularly good at.

Posted by: blackfrancis.2315

blackfrancis.2315

I kinda hated this idea until I thought of Necromancers summoning undead with their greatswords. That could be cool. I guess I shouldn’t get my hopes up, though.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Don’t really see chrono = Mesmer X necro, only thing resemble necro is the well, but everything else chrono just Mesmer plus….also, necro don’t use shield.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Don’t really see chrono = Mesmer X necro, only thing resemble necro is the well, but everything else chrono just Mesmer plus….also, necro don’t use shield.

F5 is a more potent version of Spectral Walk/Flesh Wurm. One reason it’s not much mesmer/necro is that they want to kitten up the chronomancer.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I believe

Engineer is getting = Guardian or Ele
Ranger is getting = Engineer or Ele or Guardian
Ele is getting = Guardian or Ranger or Thief
Warrior is getting = Thief or Engineer or Ranger
Thief is getting = Engineer or Warrior or Guardian
Necro is getting = Guardian or Ele or Warrior or Mesmer or Thief