Enhanced Squad UI Feedback

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Echoing that the list of users should be the same as parties (headshots for IDing people, boons, health, etc). Does everyone in the squad see the list or just the commander as they need it too.

Basically, if this is going to be a replacement for parties remove the party system and allow squads with no commander. Also that people n the squad can tag up without being the squad commander. Otherwise you will have all sorts of problems with people needing to be in a party (like if one was formed before they arrived) but needing a tag for things too.

For example, I like getting to Teq early but do not want to have to be there an hour+ early every day just so I can form a squad and tell EVERYONE that as they arrive before they want to tag up themselves. Getting people to do defense is hard enough without the resistance that they will have to tag down to join a party. Yes, there are reasons for people to tag up for a short time too without being commanders … like pointing out where the buffs are.

The best option has also been suggested. Let people show a tag (in a party or not) without forming a squad.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Here’s what I want:

• More shapes for Commander badges, at least some of them being symbols of tasks such as “guarding dolyak route”, “defending this location”, “roaming”, and some of them orders such as “stop”, “attack”, “follow me”, “wait here” or “defend”. Instead picking the color along the badge, the four colors would be picked with 4 square buttons, then the shape from a grid of icons that change colors to the one you selected.
  • The ability to assign ‘subcommanders’ as leaders of squad subgroups, and select badges for them. The other players in the subgroup would share the same minimap dot color as the badge selected for their subsquad leader.
  • Make the squad broadcast box collapsible, or move that functionality to the chat panel with a /squadbroadcast or /sb command.
  • Add a button that toggles a little movable and resizable panel with buttons for all squad tools, such as /squadinfo. It’ll also allow quickly changing your badge to give signals and orders, and it could also also get voiced orders for the squad that also appear as a broadcast and over your character.
  • Add a /inviteall command that sends an invite to squad to anyone within a large area of at least 2000 radius. This command would have a long cooldown, and there would be an option to automatically ignore such invites. Blocking someone would also block these invites from them, as well as hide their commander tag from the map and minimap.
  • Change the permissions options to:
    • All
    • Guild only
    • Alliance only (if only we had those…)
    • Friends only
    • Invite only (anyone in the squad can invite)
    • Closed (only the commander can invite)
  • When a subgroup has 5 players or less, they will be considered a party, and will appear to other members of the subgroup over the rest of the squad with the usual party UI, showing boons, conditions and other effects, and they’ll be given preference for allied effects as with the usual 5 player parties.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

A green commander tag plz.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Posted by: Mahuyo.3079

Mahuyo.3079

I guess my main issue with the squad UI wasn’t really with the UI but with the chat, i think if there was a feature were bubbles pop up would be nice just so you can see what ppl are saying more clearly, and that you are kinda force to read it. I would say that this should only be implemented in raids content or a relative radius for people to see it but would still appear in the UI, I personally don’t like to have to look at the chat everytime some1 says something, and maybe someway to chat in combat system, but i think there going to be more of voice chat system then anything else. O yea some that just pop in my head is a color wheel where you can customize your CT color

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Interested to see how the UI develops given the feedback.

noice

Posted by: Woop S.7851

Woop S.7851

I can’t say what feedback will and will not make it to the actual release of the Enhanced Squad UI, but it’s all appreciated!

This is from another thread for WvW squad UI:

For WvW only…

A better way might be to simplify it based on player/commander’s mouse-click events…(concept screenshot attached)

**Since there’s limited screen space, it might be better to “remove” player names from the icons since in battle you’d have no time to read them anyways…

Also thought about the simplified UI with bars in vertical fashion adopted from another post (credits to that poster), it’d work for 10 man raids for sure with condition floaters to the right of each player health bar, but you might run out of space on the left side with 50 people if it’s WvW…

Original post link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Beta-Weekend-Enhanced-Squad-UI

Thanks!
~Woop S

Attachments:

Posted by: Brown Fang Thump.9482

Brown Fang Thump.9482

4. Naming of subsquads would be useful for organisation.

I’d like this if it were included.

I’d love it if my selected squad naming conventions were saved form my account so that I wouldn’t have to rename squads every time I tagged up.

Of course, being able to save personal preference information for all parts of the game would go a long way to saving precious play time, as a general rule.

Posted by: Woop S.7851

Woop S.7851

Alot of times players won’t even know how to join or access a squad, especially those new to game. Why not encourage team play? And have the squad UI show up when they join a WvW map", the commander can then use the squad interface to arrange them accordingly for organized play…(concept screenshot attached).

Attachments:

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I was happy when the beta was over for one thing and one thing only. I could not tag up and be in a party at the same time. Yes, there are very valid use cases for this. If the two contradict just let us put up our commander (and mentor?) tags without forming a party (as has been suggested) since 99% of the time (in PVE anyway) you are not doing it to form a squad anyway.

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Previous

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Stopping by again to say that we’re still keeping up with this.

Shoutout to Woop S.7851 and Kidel.2057 for the pretty pictures!

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

You’re welcome! Keep making this game amazing guys, -9, hold on

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

Hire WoopS, for real.

Vertor et revertor.

Posted by: cruel.6457

cruel.6457

I would love to see that a commander can “outsource” the management for the squads. Lets have a WVW example. The commander is fighting around a huge objective and has no time to sort new players (that recently joined the map) into the UI. He can give one player managing control to step out of the fight or just stands still, while the fight can go on. Personal assistant feature.

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

I can’t say what feedback will and will not make it to the actual release of the Enhanced Squad UI, but it’s all appreciated!

This is from another thread for WvW squad UI:

For WvW only…

A better way might be to simplify it based on player/commander’s mouse-click events…(concept screenshot attached)

**Since there’s limited screen space, it might be better to “remove” player names from the icons since in battle you’d have no time to read them anyways…

Also thought about the simplified UI with bars in vertical fashion adopted from another post (credits to that poster), it’d work for 10 man raids for sure with condition floaters to the right of each player health bar, but you might run out of space on the left side with 50 people if it’s WvW…

Original post link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Beta-Weekend-Enhanced-Squad-UI

Thanks!
~Woop S

I’d increase the size of the command menu. It is too small, which means there would be a high degree of error in clicking the right command. At most, a commander will have it visible for seven seconds, so increasing the size (therefore taking up a bit more viewing area) would not hinder gameplay too much. Generally, a task that needs to be completed quickly needs to have larger assets than a task that is not time-dependent. (Compare Photoshop’s assortment of tiny icons to the large interface of most action video games.)

Posted by: Derenek.8931

Derenek.8931

If he devs are watching this, could they add in a consumable items bar on the standard UI?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Maybe this has already been answered, but in other MMOs I could see all other players as a non-leader/commander.

Until now I joined squads as a normal player, but can’t see the other players. Or is there an option I am missing?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong