Even More Articles

Even More Articles

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

You won’t weasel your way out of this. What is the worth of Guild Wars 2?

If you separate the game into core and expansion: core value is zero. expansion is 50$
If you see it as one big game that is being updated by HoT: 50$

So the game is free? I will be able to open free accounts when HoT drops? I don’t think so.

No, it’s not free. It’s 50$ in both scenarios I listed.

Thus you are acknoledging that Anet is selling 2 different products at the same price.
You did say “both scenarios”.
And you also said that the value is different, since you said that the Core Game is not free.

No, I simply offered two different scenarios to accomodate the person who asked the question. Personally, I see the game as one big game with a core-part and and HoT-part. The core-part being a free bonus if you purchase HoT.

To answer the question again “what is the worth of Guild Wars 2”. It’s 50$. That’s how much you have to pay to play Guild Wars 2 with all its features once HoT releases.

But last week was 40 euros. Sometimes even 10. now they say HoT is 50. And HoT+Gw2 is 50. So gw2 is zero? If not zero, how much?

GW2 (core plus HoT) is not zero. It’s 0$+50$.

You suck at math.
Sorry, you can’t have it your way, it’s either zero or 50.

That’s why I said IF you see the game as two seperate parts (core + expansion) it’s 0$+50$. Otherwise it’s just 50$. The old content just becomes significantly less valuable once HoT hits and thus is given away for free if you purchas HoT (or GW2 2.0 however you want to call it)

Even More Articles

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

If you separate the game into core and expansion: core value is zero. expansion is 50$

So the game is free? I will be able to open free accounts when HoT drops? I don’t think so.

Thus you are acknoledging that Anet is selling 2 different products at the same price.
And you also said that the value is different, since you said that the Core Game is not free.

No, I simply offered two different scenarios to accomodate the person who asked the question. Personally, I see the game as one big game with a core-part and and HoT-part. The core-part being a free bonus if you purchase HoT.

To answer the question again “what is the worth of Guild Wars 2”. It’s 50$. That’s how much you have to pay to play Guild Wars 2 with all its features once HoT releases.

But last week was 40 euros. Sometimes even 10. now they say HoT is 50. And HoT+Gw2 is 50. So gw2 is zero? If not zero, how much?

You suck at math.

That’s why I said IF you see the game as two seperate parts (core + expansion) it’s 0$+50$. Otherwise it’s just 50$. The old content just becomes significantly less valuable once HoT hits and thus is given away for free if you purchas HoT (or GW2 2.0 however you want to call it)

So it’s zero when HoT is out?
Then it should be given out for free.
Or it’s not zero, and veterans should get something of the same value so that both packages have the same value.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

You suck at math.

Or it’s not zero, and veterans should get something of the same value so that both packages have the same value.

It is given for free. New players get it for free if they purchase HoT. The value of HoT is $50. If you already own the core game then you can safely ignore that since you already enjoyed it for years.

Again, what is your problem exactly? Everyone pays 50$ and everyone gets HoT.

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

You suck at math.

It is given for free. New players get it for free if they purchase HoT. The value of HoT is $50. If you already own the core game then you can safely ignore that since you already enjoyed it for years.

Again, what is your problem exactly? Everyone pays 50$ and everyone gets HoT.

Alas, if you say that gw2 as it stands has zero value, then they should really consider how bad they devaluate their product over time.

Even skyrim is still worth 15 euros.

Even More Articles

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

When WoW puts the expansions in the battle chest, no one bats an eyelid.
The expansions that was priced at 45 Euros get dropped in a bundle that costs 10-15 euros. No problem at all.

Since when putting the core game in the only expansion is totally equivalent to putting the previous expansion in the core game when the next expansion hit ?
There must be something that I miss.

Even then Blizzard gave to the people that owned the previous expansion something.
So yeah Anet is really doing it well.

PS: I missed a part of the discussion; oh straylight again.
Doing it’s “dodgy style argument”.

(edited by papry.8096)

Even More Articles

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

So massively says angry vets need to stfu? ……

Even More Articles

Arkblue.6129

When WoW puts the expansions in the battle chest, no one bats an eyelid.
The expansions that was priced at 45 Euros get dropped in a bundle that costs 10-15 euros. No problem at all.

Since when putting the core game in the only expansion is totally equivalent to putting the previous expansion in the core game when the next expansion hit ?
There must be something that I miss.

Even then Blizzard gave to the people that owned the previous expansion something.
So yeah Anet is really doing it well.

PS: I missed a part of the discussion; oh straylight again.
Doing it’s “dodgy style argument”.

because otherwise the price would inevitably rise up.
let’s say 45 euros per expansion+ 60 euros base game at release would be something close to 285 euros.
Plus, the vanilla game is not 3 years old like GW2 vanilla, is ten years old.
And the first expansion is 8 years old.
And so on: of course it makes more sense to add previous expansion in a single package.

Even More Articles

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

K, i’m going to the store right now and ask for my copy of Gw2 for 0$.

“that’ll be 50$”
" huh ?"
“50$. For HoT, gw2 is free”
“But, I just want gw2, no HoT”
“Sorry, we renamed GW2 to HoT. Still 50$, thank you very much.”
“But that’s not what they said before”
“Who cares. Still 50$.”

Even More Articles

papry.8096

PCGamer said that we are rigth. What are you gonna do ?

Even More Articles

Knighthonor.4061

You who?

That’s PCGamer vs Massively thing….

Even More Articles

papry.8096

You who?

As a whiteknight; I was suggesting you to follow your own advice as PCgamer said that the angry vet were right.
Sorry if I was too vague.

Even More Articles

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Each is opinion; to me it’s the worst one. It miss the mark so much it’s not funny.

I stopped reading the Massively article after the first sentence which stated that the HoT expansion is a “huge expansion”. This statement told me all I needed to know about what to expect from the rest of the article.

It is not a “huge expansion” based on what it has been shown so far to include. To state it as being such in the first sentence strips all credibility from any words to follow as any opinions expressed are guaranteed to be biased toward praise and any ‘facts’ stated throughout cannot be believed and will surely be exaggerated. Even extrapolating from the information released to date and being optimistic about what it may include, there is no way the final product could even be referred to as “huge”, let alone the ‘expansion’ as it is shown to be at this point.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Even More Articles

Knighthonor.4061

You who?

As a whiteknight; I was suggesting you to follow your own advice as PCgamer said that the angry vet were right.
Sorry if I was too vague.

White knight? Iam a Moor, wth you talking about?