Faster method of gaining HPs?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Since HoT, we’ve lost the ability to gain hero points after reaching level 80 which for some, makes training elite specs on newly made toons almost impossible to do. What I’d like to know if there is a faster method of gaining HPs and if not, do you think Anet should consider letting us get HPs when we reach a new mastery level. (Maybe 10 per lvl up?)

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

you have the ability to get hero points after 80. you just have to stop being lazy and actually go places and get them. in the new HoT maps there are 400 hp available. in core Tyria there are 200+. this is more than enough for the elite specs.

edit: even if they added them to masteries, by the time you levelled any mastery 25 times, you might as well just go get the HPs in HoT maps. it would take a lot less time.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

(edited by nottsgman.8206)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There are people who do Hero point rushes. If you’re on the NA servers there is one going to be held on Wednesday evening. You’ll need gliding, mushroom jumping and Nuhock Wallows to get them all.

Reddit thread: Hero point rush

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can usually complete all of the ones you need within a matter of hours during prime hours. I think there are 20 or so in HoT that can be done solo but I’ve never kept count.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Since HoT, we’ve lost the ability to gain hero points after reaching level 80 which for some,

How did we lose the ability to gain hero points? We actually have an additional source now:

• Complete a Hero Challenge in core Tyria, for 1 HP (original, never changed)
  • Complete one in Magus Falls for 10 HP. (added with HoT)

What’s changed is that the elite spec needs a lot more HP to max than the non-elites.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Cryshal.4036

Cryshal.4036

I’d really like to know how anyone can do the HP in a few hours. Bah! I’m working toward Druid and have 3 icons left to go. I’ve been everywhere in HoT, including Dragon’s Stand, but some HP I just can’t get to, or can’t find. And I’ve spent weeks trying to do this. I’m very frustrated.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’d really like to know how anyone can do the HP in a few hours. Bah! I’m working toward Druid and have 3 icons left to go. I’ve been everywhere in HoT, including Dragon’s Stand, but some HP I just can’t get to, or can’t find. And I’ve spent weeks trying to do this. I’m very frustrated.

I’ve done map completion enough times to know where everything is. The two hours I gave was under an ideal scenario but you can get similar results from someone doing an HP train. It’s not really someone can achieve on their first time without assistance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3td33y/a_soloable_hp_guide_for_getting_all_your_specs/

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Dulfy also has guides on how to reach the Hero points.

Verdant Brinks HP guide
Auric Basin HP guide
Tangled Depths HP guide

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

Dulfy also has guides on how to reach the Hero points.

Verdant Brinks HP guide
Auric Basin HP guide
Tangled Depths HP guide

thanks was thinking of looking for something along that line just hadnt done when i came across this thanks for posting this

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

There is something I hear a lot….why is my bar not moving? I have points but have not spent them yet.

Well, I found out that once you get enough points to spend on any given mastery that you have chosen to “train,” you need to actually spend them before you can collect any more. I could not figure out why mine stopped after a time until someone told me this.

So double check those items you have check to learn (train) and see if you can complete them. If so, that might be why you are not acquiring any more yet. Seems you have to spend what you get before moving on to an new item to “train.”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There is something I hear a lot….why is my bar not moving? I have points but have not spent them yet.

Well, I found out that once you get enough points to spend on any given mastery that you have chosen to “train,” you need to actually spend them before you can collect any more. I could not figure out why mine stopped after a time until someone told me this.

So double check those items you have check to learn (train) and see if you can complete them. If so, that might be why you are not acquiring any more yet. Seems you have to spend what you get before moving on to an new item to “train.”

This does not make any sense. Have never ever seen this getting 9 characters their new elite specs.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

WvW has HP’s as well FYI

Also can get Proof of Heroics from WVW rank up chests -and eotm -10 for HOT HP unlock 1 for tyria + a few badges

lynspottery.6529

This does not make any sense. Have never ever seen this getting 9 characters their new elite specs.

What doesn’t make sense? The way Anet set these new ones up? I just know that I ran through an entire zone without “training” the line I was working on and did not end up with the xp left overs for the next line I wanted to train. I forgot to train it so had to wait until I got enough xp for the next line.

Am not talking about alts here.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

I think it does, but it selects a random other line to start training. For example, when I finished up my pack mastery line but before I gave it the mastery points, it started putting the exp gained on the fractal mastery line. What it won’t do is start putting exp on the next successive one of that mastery line.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Hero points are insanely easy to get. Contrary to what a lot of people thought at the beginning of the expansion there are plenty of hero point trains going on VB, AB and TD still. I just took a fresh Ranger to Druid in about two hours of play time.

lynspottery.6529

I have two characters with map completion. I still need Central Tyria Mastery points to complete the legendary mastery line that requires the Central Tyria Mastery points.

I have all the skill challenges in the Central Tyria maps done, so its not about the challenges, it appears to be about “achievements” that specifically offer the red mastery point. I have almost all the achievements done except one last Dive Master point which I have failed every time I’ve tried it.

Some of the Go for the Gold badges and lost coins are still unfinished, but for the life of me, I think the numbers associated with them are not the same ones Dulfy has listed. From what I have discovered, those numbers don’t match up exactly. I am searching now for a posting that I saw showing a match up…but until then, I am at a stand still.

There are a few others that I am not able to obtain because I rarely do fractals or dungeons and I don’t pvp or raid. Surprisingly, I managed to get the Emperor’s Cloths by accident….I wasn’t even trying for it so when it popped up I was startled to see it.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

lynspottery.6529

Ah…thank you very much. I have bookmarked that page for reference. I forgot to do that when I saw it so this is very much appreciated.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I have two characters with map completion. I still need Central Tyria Mastery points to complete the legendary mastery line that requires the Central Tyrial Mastery points.

I have all the skill challenges in the Central Tyria maps done, so its not about the challenges, it appears to be about “achievements” that specifically offer the red mastery point. I have almost all the achievements done except one last Dive Master point which I have failed every time I’ve tried it.

Some of the Go for the Gold badges and lost coins are still unfinished, but for the life of me, I think the numbers associated with them are not the same ones Dulfy has listed. From what I have discovered, those numbers don’t match up exactly. I am searching now for a posting that I saw showing a match up…but until then, I am at a stand still.

There are a few others that I am not able to obtain because I rarely do fractals or dungeons and I don’t pvp or raid. Surprisingly, I managed to get the Emperor’s Cloths by accident….I wasn’t even trying for it so when it popped up I was startled to see it.

Several of the fractal ones are extremely easy. Out of Cluck is probably easiest.