in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

so hunters don’t use anything other than a Bow? History would like a word with you.

In what way did I even imply that they don’t use anything other than bows?

With your argument that Hunters use bows and traps, and thus Dragon hunter fits a Guardian perfectly. And that a “hunter” would not fight in a battle/war. You clearly skip anything that demolishes your argument, such as the meaning of the word!

Hunter.

noun

1. A person who hunts game or other wild animals for food or in sport.

2.A person who searches for or seeks something:
a fortune hunter.

3. A horse specially trained for quietness, stamina, and jumping ability in hunting.

4. An animal, as a dog, trained to hunt game.

5. (initial capital letter) Astronomy. the constellation Orion.

6. Also called hunting watch. a watch with a hunting case.

7. hunter green.

As you can see, nothing about protecting people.

In which way does the term “mesmer” have anything to do with time control? Or “chronomancer” with illusions?

Elite specs are supposed to deviate from the main profession. And names in general can’t describe 100% of what the profession is about with perfect accuracy.

They just give you an idea, and it’s easy for anyone to go from “hunter” to bow&traps.

Even regular guardians are not all about protecting the innocent, but mix several themes, from medic to fighter, and from paladin to religious zealot.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

In which way does the term “mesmer” have anything to do with time control? Or “chronomancer” with illusions?

No-one has made that irrelevant claim.

What is being discussed is whether “hunter” incorporates protection, as the person being responded to claimed.

Your strawman is fun and all, but has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

…there’s about 0% chance traps of any class will require a trait to use cursor-ground placement. Seems like they’ve boiled all of those traits out of the game with the general re-vamp.

which annoys me, i personally like the option to make is spawn at my feet faster.

I don’t disagree, but I like to save my energy for battles I give slightly more of a skrit’s rump about .

(truth is they are greatly reducing the amount of nuance in the game. Mostly I’m just figuring out how to have fun with the new game I’m about to get when HoT hits, because the old one is largely gone from my perspective…)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Riduy.1682

Riduy.1682

I don’t really use the forums, much, so feel free to move this if it’s in the wrong place. Just adding my contribution to community feedback.

The term “Dragonhunter” feels out of place both in terms of how historically professions have been named and how the Guardian functions. Even if it has some lore-tie-in, it’s an obtuse-sounding amalgam.

Otherwise, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing what’s next.

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Nike.2631

Do you NOT see a "About the “Dragon Hunter” name [merged]" on the page when you look at it?

Posted by: Riduy.1682

Riduy.1682

Do you NOT see a "About the “Dragon Hunter” name [merged]" on the page when you look at it?

Nope I can’t read.

Posted by: VocalThought.9835

VocalThought.9835

Ok Dragonhunter skills and vitures are amazing! I can’t wait till they change the name. I would love to see them in action. Love most of the traps and the bow is VERY nice!

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Ok Dragonhunter skills and vitures are amazing! I can’t wait till they change the name. I would love to see them in action. Love most of the traps and the bow is VERY nice!

I agree. I’m now excited for the Dragonhunter. I don’t even care about the name too much. It will be shortened to DH anyways.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That did make it look like a visual feast, and needing a bit more skill, foresight, and reflexes than base Guardian while still looking like Guardian light/fire.

Twitch chat had Mr. Peters discussing the idea of vastly changing the Tome elites. I was getting motion sick from how fast the chat scrolled so I didn’t catch details and would like those clarified.

I love the glowing book animation and would hate to lose that to turn the elite into a signet or shout. Also I caught a glimpse of how the healing one turns into a passive aoe heal plus an active effect? So we don’t get a full set of replacement 1-5 skills? I think that might remove some of the flavor from the elite.

If there’s a dedicated thread about the Tome changes I’d love a link.

VocalThought.9835

I agree. I’m now excited for the Dragonhunter. I don’t even care about the name too much. It will be shortened to DH anyways.

LOL! There’s a lot to a name… maybe they’ll allow us to rename and call it whatever we want, but those skills look great! I love all the virtues and the 4th trap! The other 4 traps are nice but not as visually appealing as the 4th one.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

…there’s about 0% chance traps of any class will require a trait to use cursor-ground placement. Seems like they’ve boiled all of those traits out of the game with the general re-vamp.

which annoys me, i personally like the option to make is spawn at my feet faster.

I don’t disagree, but I like to save my energy for battles I give slightly more of a skrit’s rump about .

(truth is they are greatly reducing the amount of nuance in the game. Mostly I’m just figuring out how to have fun with the new game I’m about to get when HoT hits, because the old one is largely gone from my perspective…)

from the vid, doesnt look like they are ground targeted, looks like only rng will throw traps.

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

4k burning and 2k bleeds, when arenanet said guardians are getting condition builds they fricking meant it. Good thing resistance is a thing, also rename the spec to ‘zerghunter’ because i can see a group of thees guys melting zergs with 25 bleed and burn stacks and cc’s with traps and the longbow arena skill 5.

see no evil ,until i stab you

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

That did make it look like a visual feast, and needing a bit more skill, foresight, and reflexes than base Guardian while still looking like Guardian light/fire.

Twitch chat had Mr. Peters discussing the idea of vastly changing the Tome elites. I was getting motion sick from how fast the chat scrolled so I didn’t catch details and would like those clarified.

I love the glowing book animation and would hate to lose that to turn the elite into a signet or shout. Also I caught a glimpse of how the healing one turns into a passive aoe heal plus an active effect? So we don’t get a full set of replacement 1-5 skills? I think that might remove some of the flavor from the elite.

If there’s a dedicated thread about the Tome changes I’d love a link.

Per your request.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Tome-Change-ideas/first#post5046980

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Mowa.1064

Mowa.1064

As a thief, i just want to cry.

Gua gets:
another 1.2k range weapon (while gua has the most defensive skills + heavy armor…)
mobility
new blocks
traps (wtf?)
anti-stealth skill, all hail the thief/ranger hunter
trick shot with 1.2k range and auto knockback (for a heavy armor class?!).

RIP thief

VocalThought.9835

New Spec Names:
Legioneer
Vanguard
Seraph
Seraphim

Posted by: Johnny.1634

Johnny.1634

Looked awful in my opinion.
I’m sorry but I’m thoroughly disappointed, terrible concept.

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Based on the live stream, how about “DragonBLINDER!”

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

so hunters don’t use anything other than a Bow? History would like a word with you.

In what way did I even imply that they don’t use anything other than bows?

With your argument that Hunters use bows and traps, and thus Dragon hunter fits a Guardian perfectly. And that a “hunter” would not fight in a battle/war. You clearly skip anything that demolishes your argument, such as the meaning of the word!

Hunter.

noun

1. A person who hunts game or other wild animals for food or in sport.

2.A person who searches for or seeks something:
a fortune hunter.

3. A horse specially trained for quietness, stamina, and jumping ability in hunting.

4. An animal, as a dog, trained to hunt game.

5. (initial capital letter) Astronomy. the constellation Orion.

6. Also called hunting watch. a watch with a hunting case.

7. hunter green.

As you can see, nothing about protecting people.

Elite specs are supposed to deviate from the main profession. And names in general can’t describe 100% of what the profession is about with perfect accuracy.

They just give you an idea, and it’s easy for anyone to go from “hunter” to bow&traps.

Even regular guardians are not all about protecting the innocent, but mix several themes, from medic to fighter, and from paladin to religious zealot.

Your failure to understand what the discussion is about is staggering. Krall seems to think the word hunter and hunter as a profession imply a protector.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

As a thief, i just want to cry.

Gua gets:
another 1.2k range weapon (while gua has the most defensive skills + heavy armor…)
mobility
new blocks
traps (wtf?)
anti-stealth skill, all hail the thief/ranger hunter
trick shot with 1.2k range and auto knockback (for a heavy armor class?!).

RIP thief

And Mesmer hunter too

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Nike.2631

from the vid, doesnt look like they are ground targeted, looks like only rng will throw traps.

I admit being quite shocked by that. On the other hand given how powerful they seemed, I can see why they would go that way.

But like you I kinda prefer cast-at-self ground skills so It’s not detracting from my enthusiasm to try the Dragonhunter in the least .

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I guess my problem is I didn’t main a Guardian to play like a Ranger. If I wanted to play like a Ranger, then I would have main’d a Ranger.

We shall see how it pans out though…I still hate the name though.

Elite Specs dont need to use their special weapons.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

My biggest worry is that this will be a very dps unfriendly spec and that bothers me a lot. My choice is already between selfish single target damage/dps or full on support on my guardian. If the new spec is ranger lite with a side of light fields that everyone still hates then no…not for me.

Very DPS unfriendly? Did you see the extra 25% damage you can get on crippled and speared foes, not to mention the 10% on burn, 20% on symbols and another 10% at ranged? Also the new 25% crit increase on burning targets and the change to RH strength position? The DPS is going to stupid with a DH/Zeal/Rad spec.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am hyped. But what core utilities fit with this Elite Spec?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The traps are an obvious fit with the spec. Other than that, Not much utilities support in DH, though its synergy with Virtues is huge if the current virtue traits still have an effect on the enhanced virtues. Dulled Senses works with a Signet.

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I can get behind the mechanics, but not the name.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Please do continue to do so.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

not really seeing iot as a support spec, but the dps potential seems unreal. also see a tru condi build here.

haven’t seen the ranger trap rework yet, but as of now the DH looks far more exciting than my LB trapper ranger (which i love) as a roamer.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Bingo.2174

Bingo.2174

I absolutely still agree the name and theme don’t work. At all.

Dragons aren’t like witches so all these comparisons to witch hunters are silly.

Dragonhunters are back line support, not hunters tracking prey.

We are all dragon hunters.

We get a themed bow gloves and terribly animated elite. That is the only tie in to dragons. The armor and bow can be unequipped. The dragon elite can stay but be renamed. Whatever, doesn’t bother me.

Both the dragon and the hunting part of the name could be easily changed or a new name could be found. There are tons of great suggestions floating around.

“Big game hunter” =/= “witch hunter” either so them back peddling and saying that was an inspiration is just… wrong. Big game hunter = men with high vis vests and rifles killing for sport.

Dragonhunters are no better at hunting dragons than others. Bows and traps do not make a hunter or rangers would be called hunters.

People already confuse rangers with hunters.

Finally, and I can not stress this enough, forcing us to become Dragonhunters because of Braham’s vow to avenge his mum is treading down the same path of mistakes the personal story did. Let us carve our own path. By all means, let the poor sod teach us but don’t make us all go off to hunt dragons by name because he has a gripe with them. PVP and WVWs will never see a single dragon, let alone hunt one.

(edited by Bingo.2174)

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I absolutely still agree the name and theme don’t work. At all.

Dragons aren’t like witches so all these comparisons to witch hunters are silly.

Dragonhunters are back line support, not hunters tracking prey.

We are all dragon hunters.

We get a themed bow gloves and terribly animated elite. That is the only tie in to dragons.

Both the dragon and the hunting part of the name could be easily changed or a new name could be found.

“Big game hunter” =/= “witch hunter” either so them back peddling and saying that was an inspiration is just… wrong. Big game hunter = men with high vis vests and rifles killing for sport.

but dragons in this game are like “devils” and “demons”….they corrupt living beings…………..so the name makes perfect sense and so does the analogy to witch hunters, inquisitions, etc.

…and if you stay entirely backline with a DH, you’ll likely be playing it wrong.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

My biggest worry is that this will be a very dps unfriendly spec and that bothers me a lot. My choice is already between selfish single target damage/dps or full on support on my guardian. If the new spec is ranger lite with a side of light fields that everyone still hates then no…not for me.

It’s actually very DPS friendly. Not sure why you think your current choice is between single target DPS or full support but currently the Guardian has solid DPS that isn’t limited to a single target. Additionally, the Guardian can provide a full complement of support through traits and utilities while geared for damage.

The DH is going to augment this in a positive way. The DH traitline only seems to add more damage modifiers and encourages maintaining tethers. In fact, given the range of the tethers and traps, I believe the DH encourages players to stay within melee Range despite the option to play LB from the backline.

The trait rework Guardians are getting will make Hammer a very solid choice for weapon in PvE (even more so than already in Fractals). This won’t change with the DH. If anything, it will benefit even more from DH.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Bingo.2174

Dragons aren’t covertly hiding like witches. Witch hunting was hard because they looked like normal people and there were many of them. Dragons? They’re limited in number and pretty apparent. Plus, they told us we are big game hunters, not… covert investigator things.

Also, dragons aren’t evil. They just /are./ They absorb magic, wake, and retire. They’re more like forces of nature than evil.

And backline? Well, that’s how they framed the class, not me. It’s even in the release notes. :P

Bingo.2174

Also, the dragon cycle is as old as time itself in Tyria. If dragon hunters were going to exist, they would already.

“The Elder Dragons are ancient, powerful beings of unknown origins. They keep the magic balanced by consuming it and drawing it into themselves; though indications show that this isn’t their goal or intention, but rather a side-effect of how they function. Every several thousand years (roughly 10,000 years according to the Durmand Priory), the dragons wake and consume everything in the world, thereby reducing the world to a low level of magic, before going back to sleep. Then the magic they have consumed bleeds out into the world, harmless unlike when they’re awake, only for the dragons to eventually awaken once more and the cycle to begin again.

Their most recent awakening had major effects on the races of Tyria, in many cases forcing them from their homelands and cutting them off from the rest of the world. Though each of the individual races has tried to deal with the threat largest to themselves, they remain on a defensive. To this end, three multi-racial orders have individually taken it upon themselves to find a solution to the dragons.

Ancient jotun stelae indicate that throughout prehistory, the Elder Dragons have gone through cycles of awakening, destruction, and hibernation, each time ending an era of life in Tyria and bringing forth a new one. As contact with other continents has been severed, it is not known whether or not the Elder Dragons are unique to the continent of Tyria. However, the records surviving from the previous cycle mention only six dragons. "

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Eh… feedback time i guess. The DH dont really wakes my interrest in playing a guardian…but thats not a bad thing. I never liked the class and i most likely never will, the aestetics, the design…eh.. nothing really floats my boat… HOWEVER i did find myself saying a few times “hey thats actually pretty cool” as they showed off the skills and traps and if they can trigger a positive reaction from me about the class then its certain many other people will love that spec to death. Also kudos to the guy\girl who made that amazing bow.. i might just level a guard to get that skin alone.

Posted by: Ryuu.5608

Ryuu.5608

People are mostly pleased with the mechanics, (even though they’re y’know.. “traps” sigh), their animations look great and the LB skillset looks pretty interesting I must say, though the elite spec name and theme are really awkward and weird, the new skillset has been pretty well recieved. (myself included).

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I like the dragon hunter the new play style is fresh for a heavy armor class as well as having a weapon that can deal nice burst and the capability to stack tons of condi oh and the reveal 25 stacks of vuln because i hate theifs and mesmers

Posted by: Swatcats.8435

Swatcats.8435

I first want to say that this is going to be mostly a negative review. I have not had hands on experience with the changes. So it may be a lot different from what I can see in the video. I will know more when I get into the beta. I will start out with what I think they did a good job with. If they were trying to change the way the class plays, they did a good job. Giving the bow and adding traps will change game play up some. Now To the negative. I feel like the guardian should be a tank/healer. I was hoping that the specialization would have something to do with that. I feel like they turned the guardian into a bad ranger. If I wanted to play as a ranger I would login and play the one I already have. I really liked playing as a trap ranger, however because the way conditions are they are not good for group play. As I could hit the stack cap of 25 by myself. I cant wait to see what they do to the ranger. I just hope its not a tank/healer melee specialization. The trait line for being an elite did not seam like it really added any power to the class. It added some bleeding and +damage, but all trait lines do something like that. Their was nothing in the trait line that changed a skill in a big way or made it “Elite”. As for the trap skills I don’t think they are worth using. Their is no trait line for traps, like with other classes. I feel like traps will be under powered and useless. The change to virtues are ok. They seam to be better then the old ones. I don’t think I will wast my 3rd trait line just to get them thou. As I said above traps are probably no good and that’s all the specialization really has. The name, I don’t feel like Dragon Hunter is a good name. The name is not really that important. No one cares what the name of the skills are when they are playing the game. As for the feedback. We can assume that they are planing on releasing HOT on its anniversary, open beta in July. With that said we know they will probably not do any major change to this. As it would take to long for them to make any real changes and cost them more money. So feedback at this point is just changing numbers to a good spot. I hope they buff trap damage and reduce their cool downs to bring them in line with a ranger. I cant say I want to buy the expansion because of the changes to the guardian. I hope the new group play focused areas do. But if it has the same feel as Dry Top, forget about it.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

personally i think people will be thinking ‘oh my god MAIN a bow? plz no thx.’ when the point of the bow is to provide specialization. you can be a complete back row supporter with staff as a primary weapon or you can be an all-range attacker with a melee weapon equipped in the other. remember you still have access to all of the other skills, so you can just ignore the new skills and/or traits if you want and just use the kitten bow for those pesky range fighters.

Dragon hunter i thought was a strange title as well until i remembered something: The specialization was born out of a need to be specifically potent to elder dragons and their minions, hence the name dragon hunter. They deal specifically with the largest threat to tyria, dragons. I imagine they would be far less potent against more natural enemies compared to (let’s say next spec is Phanlanx with double shields) other specs for more local defending and hero duty.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Skill set looks great, it actually made me consider a trap build and even consider looking at the traps more closely for my Thief and Ranger.

Basically I love the mechanics, I love the new weapon choice, and I love the animations/art of the skills… but the name is really, kinda, lackluster for me. I can see myself just calling it a DH Guardian instead of a Dragonhunter where the others presented so far I could see myself proudly stating I’m a Chronomancer, Tempest, or Druid. That’s kind of a let down, though I guess it means the DH Guardian feels more like a simple extension of a Guardian than something else since I’m doing my best to ignore what DH stands for and just play my Guardian.

I suggest this:

Profession – Seraphim
Elite Spell – Radiant Prison
Hunter’s Ward – Ward of Censure
Hunter’s Determination – Seraphim’s Balance
Hunter’s Fortification – Seraphim’s Aegis
Big Game Hunter – Chains of Judgement

All that is left is redoing the item skins and suddenly you have a class name that fits not only thematically with the weapon/skills but the parent class as well. It’s actually kinda sour that so little of the specialization actually ties into its name compared to the Chronomancer. Three out of thirteen skills (virtues, traps, shots) and some skins that could have just as easily been Dwayna or angelic themed. I mean the traps aren’t even traps. They’re Purification, not Trap of Purification. Fragments of Faith, not Fragments of Faith Trap. Etc… Yes they function like traps but the names sound more like wards or wells to me. The names as they are don’t convey the sense of a ‘trap’ like ‘Flame Trap’, ’Viper’s Nest’, or ‘Trip Wire’.

The skills just don’t feel hunter to me.

Edited for traits

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

For that grandmaster trait with protection i feel its really weak and I feel bleeds on traps just isnt enough for a condi option I feel it should also allow the virtues should also apply bleeding to targets that are burning within an certain area or allow your critical hits to stack bleeds on targets that are burning for a bit more condi application while your long cd traps are down

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

First off, not a big Guardian player, but this made me reconsider.

The name isn’t my favorite, but I doubt I’ll see it too much in-game beyond the trait panel, so I don’t mind.

The LB skills looked great. Traps looked great. Presentation looked great. Really looking forward to the profession!

If I had to say anything, it’s that I’m a bit frustrated as a Mesmer player.The Guard/DH looks like the inherent base power is SO high, while the mesmer will need to juggle shatters, summons, and cooldowns for the same effectiveness as a “use it when it’s off cooldown” Guard/DH.

I’m really excited to see the Elites up against each other in duels, group scenarios, and pve.

Posted by: Renkar Atriedas.9270

Renkar Atriedas.9270

As the Ready Up stream went live, I kept an open mind about the Dragonhunter. I didn’t want to judge the specialization before I saw what it could do and what it brought to the gaming experience as a whole.

I was blown away by what was presented to the community. The DH employs the exact mechanics that will inevitably make playing Guardian a more enjoyable experience. I don’t think that there was a single aspect of the specialization mechanic that I would change. Excellent choice of weapon, amazing skills, and exciting trait abilities.

One caveat: Like others on this forum, I am slightly disappointed with the specialization’s name, as I believe that “Dragonhunter” evokes an earthy/gritty ethos more appropriate for a Warrior (or even a Ranger). The Guardian appeal, in contrast, is one of a holy warrior driven by virtue and honor, quite contrary to the image evoked by the aspect of hunting.

That said, I do not wish to go into detail regarding possible alternatives, as the subject has been covered extensively in this forum and in other forums. Ultimately, I am unbelievably excited to play the Guardian spec, no matter what is selected as the finalized name (DH or otherwise). In my opinion, though, a spec name that better aligns with the Guardian image would bring an already amazing specialization to perfection.

Excellent job so far, ANet! Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

The ready up for the guardian spec looked really nice. I’m not usually into traps – tried them on my ranger, didn’t like them. But these ones on guardian look quite nice. Love the spinning blades trap and the swords-of-revealing-light looking #5 bow skill.

Still don’t really like the name. Doesn’t make any sense. In the trailer the player was killing a dinosaur. I mean dinosaurs are sort of like dragons without wings, but still… not technically slaying a dragon. And isn’t everyone a dragon hunter? cough Zhaitan cough.

I think the name needs a change. It’s my only beef with it. Chronomancer sounds great for Mesmer, so does Tempest for Ele, Dragonhunter just doesn’t feel right. I’d much rather prefer Paragon or some other more fitting name.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Make the bows have a glowy aura that makes them look like greatbows from Dark Souls and then make the arrows look like lances of light.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Anet should also bring back the “Storm bow” from gw1, as a skin for gw2 while they’re at it – it would suit the guardian spec perfectly!!!

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

Here’s something that will make everyone happy. While maintaining the hunter aspect to justify the usage of traps and longbow. The Dragon part no one is happy about that concept because it contradicts the theme of a profession, not influenced by external forces, but developed instrinsic skills (like Chronomancy and Druid Magic, and Tempest [storm manipulation I assume]) and not general nor “high concept”

here are the list of names:

Divinehunter
Fellhunter
Spirithunter

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

Leaving the name aside for a second, I am a bit confused about the class concept here. The description says ‘back-line support’. And yet the spec is supposed to give guardians more mobility, more flexible and skill-based virtues and also access to other conditions then burn. Bow or not bow, it sounds like the Dragonhunter spec will be a great spec for a front-line character (e.g. sword/torch).

If it were up to me, I’d make the virtue/mobility changes baseline, scrap the Dragonhunter concept and start with something new entirely.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

@ gaile/moderator.

You created now 2 Name feedback Merge Threads, just to mention.
Here is the other one:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Dragon-Hunter-name-feedback-merged/page/17#post5048853

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

Leaving the name aside for a second, I am a bit confused about the class concept here. The description says ‘back-line support’. And yet the spec is supposed to give guardians more mobility, more flexible and skill-based virtues and also access to other conditions then burn. Bow or not bow, it sounds like the Dragonhunter spec will be a great spec for a front-line character (e.g. sword/torch).

If it were up to me, I’d make the virtue/mobility changes baseline, scrap the Dragonhunter concept and start with something new entirely.

Good thing it’s not up to you then lol.

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I see the skills and utilities from the DH really cool. Even traps looks cool and appealing.
However all the dragon theme does not work for me.
I would change the name first thing is doesn’t sound right for the guard. I would change the traps to be symbols. Then they could be traited with existing traits and could get better integration with the existing traits.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!