Fire Island Chain, Crystall Desert and GW1

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: tomaz.4978

tomaz.4978

This may seem out of place…

I am a fanatic of Guild Wars with over 1000 hours in it. I still play it espeacily Prophesis.
And as such i naturally want the iconic areas from Guild Wars to be ascesible in gw2.
I want the Fire Island Chain (which should become bigger, since the sea level fell with the raise of big flying Z.), Crystall desert (which is where big flying K. is hiding if I remember corectly, also Palawa Joko is near there) and the area around the EotN (where big flying J. is).

Please comment and support this idea. I know the first exansion hasnt even come out and its gready to want the second one but I cannot resist putting this out.

Radle Shadebone[80 thief] & Gohie[80 elementalist]
Dont fight, just win. The path doesn’t matter, the results do.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Saying “I want…” makes the suggestion seem a little more like a whiny demand, so you might want to rephrase.

Otherwise, the Crystal Desert has been a greater possibility as a result of Season 2 and Glint’s Lair being featured, and if we are going after the Elder Dragons, it would make perfect sense to be included for the Kralkatorrik release. I can’t comment on the others as I haven’t yet ventured there in GW1.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

I thought big Flying J was out by the freeway… i do see the resemblance as there are quite a few lot lizards out that way… one in particular looked quite large as I drove by last week.

Posted by: Cavalier.9064

Cavalier.9064

I never got to play GW1 but the more I read about the lore, the more I want to.

That said, I’m sure we’ll undoubtedly fight against Kralkatorrik, Jormag, Primordus, and the Deep Sea dragon — and explore their respective areas in Tyria — in due time. Let’s just try to handle one Elder Dragon menace at a time, shall we?

I thought big Flying J was out by the freeway… i do see the resemblance as there are quite a few lot lizards out that way… one in particular looked quite large as I drove by last week.

At first glance, I thought you were referring to the road in northern Frostgorge Sound where the Claw of Jormag — the Elder Dragon’s lieutenant — can be fought.

Then I realized you meant something else entirely.

You’re a trucker, I take it? I’d imagine it gets awfully lonely out on the road sometimes.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The fire islands and the crystal desert were two of mavorite areas in GW1. Would love to see them brought into GW2.

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Just chill, pretty much all areas in GW1 are allready on GW2 map. Just wait Devs have probably plans for them.

And btw, you can’t say you’re a fanatic of a game with only 1000h on it. I understand you may really like it, but just 1k hours its not that much at all for a games that old.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

We will possibly see places like the Fire Islands, Crystal Desert, etc, in future expansions, though I expect it’ll be years before we get them all.
Just think, so far from what we’ve seen the first expack is bringing Verdant Brink.
Not the whole maguuma jungle, just the Verdant Brink (whose name indicates its the edge or beginning of the jungle)
Could there be more zones they haven’t even hinted at? sure, but I don’t consider it likely at this point.

So if it’s going to take multiple expansions (or an expansion and a year or two of Living Story) to maybe finish opening up a single new complete area (maguuma), it’s going to take a long time to build out to Crystal Desert, Fire Island, Elona, sniff Cantha…

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I am a fanatic of Guild Wars with over 1000 hours in it. I still play it espeacily Prophesis.
And as such i naturally want the iconic areas from Guild Wars to be ascesible in gw2.
I want the Fire Island Chain (which should become bigger, since the sea level fell with the raise of big flying Z.), Crystall desert (which is where big flying K. is hiding if I remember corectly, also Palawa Joko is near there) and the area around the EotN (where big flying J. is).

The question is: do you REALLY want Anet to re-open these areas?

They have done nothing at all with the current area that we can explore but destroy any relation to the past. For all we know, the Crystal Desert may now be the Crystal Gem Store Shopping Mall.

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

We will possibly see places like the Fire Islands, Crystal Desert, etc, in future expansions, though I expect it’ll be years before we get them all.
Just think, so far from what we’ve seen the first expack is bringing Verdant Brink.
Not the whole maguuma jungle, just the Verdant Brink (whose name indicates its the edge or beginning of the jungle)
Could there be more zones they haven’t even hinted at? sure, but I don’t consider it likely at this point.

So if it’s going to take multiple expansions (or an expansion and a year or two of Living Story) to maybe finish opening up a single new complete area (maguuma), it’s going to take a long time to build out to Crystal Desert, Fire Island, Elona, sniff Cantha…

I am sure we’ll get more than 1 new zone in HoT

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Yes.
I would rather them remaster GW1 with GW2 but i really want to revisit http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Realm_of_Torment

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I’m all for the Ring of Fire chain. I spent a ton of time in those maps/missions looking for a good r9 or r10 Jade Bow and Hammer. In the months that it took, I developed quite a fondness toward the locale.

tomaz.4978

Yes.
I would rather them remaster GW1 with GW2 but i really want to revisit http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Realm_of_Torment

I would abusulty want that. The fire island chain being at the top of the list.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

No I wouldn’t want them to re-introduce old GW1 zones if they don’t also give us a reason to go there. HoT is taking place in the Maguuma Jungle and there are lots of old GW1 zones they could re-introduce there, or even places we’ve heard of in GW1 lore but never been there (for example the golden city of the Mursaat)

tomaz.4978

No I wouldn’t want them to re-introduce old GW1 zones if they don’t also give us a reason to go there. HoT is taking place in the Maguuma Jungle and there are lots of old GW1 zones they could re-introduce there, or even places we’ve heard of in GW1 lore but never been there (for example the golden city of the Mursaat)

I dont give half a kitten. I want the fire island chain so bad I wouldnt care if Anet just said:
Here have this area, no lore yet but just be happy to have it. And I would be very happy.