GW2 is No Longer a Refuge :(

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dejavu.2349

Dejavu.2349

You guys are so right. They should never take away stuff in order to make new ideas work. They effectively took away some of what we had built and put it and all the new guild content behind a huge, thick wall, necessitating many more people to break it down than before. For 3 1/2 years, they set an expectation, then hit us with an xpac for which those reasonable expectations are just not enough. In my opinion, it’s just inconsiderate and very off-putting.

I do agree this game is worth the money, but I’ve put far more money into it than they required and I basically got a big ol’ middle finger in my face. I want them to know they have a casual player base with lots of money and time that they’re kittenting on, since they have made absolutely no statements anywhere acknowledging our existence.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I agree with OP.

Many replies with ‘A guild is not for 1-4 players’ and also that I agree with. But lets say I am in a guild with 10 active player, there would be no chance in a deep frozen pit of flames that we would be able to get a nice comfy guild hall this year. The amount of stuff needed to build stuff in the guild is of the roof and the Aetherium that was going to be the gating for Big Guilds and give smaller Guilds a chance to keep in even distance with the big guilds is not working. Aetherium makes big guilds have to wait yes but smaller guilds will not be able to build anything in a 3-# weeks becouse they lack materials mostly Flaxseeds and coarse sand that is needed for nearly every darn thing.

A small guild maby don’t care about the buffs or usefull stuff but decorations, making a nice home for you and your close friends is behind a big big big BIG wall that my guild of 30 active members and 10 constantly helping with the Guild Hall havent even reached yet. But I feel so sorry for smaller guilds who had banners and Guild buffs and now they have nothing.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Leap.4869

Leap.4869

I feel the same as you OP.

I speak only for myself in that HoT has absolutely destroyed what I loved about Guild Wars. I spent $100 on HoT. Regret. I used to spend at minimum $20 a month. Regret. I used to buy all outfits and cool skins that I liked (19 outfits right now.) Regret. Why? I cannot use any of items I spent my hard earned cash on because the game I bought them for is DEAD. Hell, I don’t even play since the awesome new vertically element of this expansion is just so dumb for a MMO. I want flat ground and to not be confused and running for my life nonstop. I hate it. Yes, I’m salty and no you can’t have my stuff. Also, heaven forbid I make gold to buy gemstore stuff because some times I get bored of instantly buying with my RL gems. I miss the good times. RIP dungeons and 4 layer fractals. DIAF HoT.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yes, I’m salty and no you can’t have my stuff.

This one made me laugh.

I find the maps confusing, too. Especially when I stand right on a POI or Vista and there’s no up or down arrow to indicate which direction it is, and it’s clearly not on my level.

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

I feel the same as you OP.

I speak only for myself in that HoT has absolutely destroyed what I loved about Guild Wars. I spent $100 on HoT. Regret. I used to spend at minimum $20 a month. Regret. I used to buy all outfits and cool skins that I liked (19 outfits right now.) Regret. Why? I cannot use any of items I spent my hard earned cash on because the game I bought them for is DEAD. Hell, I don’t even play since the awesome new vertically element of this expansion is just so dumb for a MMO. I want flat ground and to not be confused and running for my life nonstop. I hate it. Yes, I’m salty and no you can’t have my stuff. Also, heaven forbid I make gold to buy gemstore stuff because some times I get bored of instantly buying with my RL gems. I miss the good times. RIP dungeons and 4 layer fractals. DIAF HoT.

This is a really depressing post to read and you sound defeated. I choose the anger path instead!!!! Much easier to get angry about Anet’s decision-making skills than be sad.

Posted by: NayNay.7680

NayNay.7680

My experience in Guild wars last night was 30 minutes in dragons stand checking lfg for groups while waiting for our server to get going. Once it finally got going we got about half way before the map gave me the change option, and since It didn’t look promising I decided to try it. All it did was take me to an even emptier server that hadn’t even started yet.

Shortly after, a player posted in map chat looking for Heralds and Druids for the active map. Just Heralds and Druids.

Is this what guild wars has become?

Ral Xarek | Asura Elementalist
Peacemaker Ral |Asura Mesmer

Posted by: Psion.9432

Psion.9432

I claimed my guild hall with 5 people first try. And we got the first tavern upgrade easily. My guild is 50 people with 42 or so inactive people and 6 active people. 2 are on so and so.
The guild hall things are perfectly fine as is, and sadly not much can be done to stop large guilds abuse it.

https://goo.gl/ZXBiva
Have you seen the mats? These are finished mats, so some of them take other things to make and this list is ONLY for the first level of restoration. There are a veritable kittenton of mats for level 2 – virtually unattainable for a guild of 2 active and 2 more slackers.

You gain absolutely nothing from the guild hall with that number of people. There’s nothing of value for you to obtain.

You can’t do Guild Missions for favor, unless you only do Race and Rush. Maybe get lucky with some of the PvP ones.
You can’t do Scribe if you can’t even afford the GH mats and have no reason to progress it now that they’ve made the papers tradeable.
There’s literally no reason for you to have an Arena or WvW claiming.
Your banners automatically become accessible again once the GH is unlocked (or shortly after one of the first tiers is unlocked AFAIK).

Literally the only thing of value is the % buffs to Karma, XP, etc.. of which you can only use one at a time of. And unless you have that much of a hard-on for Guild Minis (which you could probably just join/leave another guild for) then you lose nothing.

My guild of ~10 active people has been funded to Guild Level 21, and nearly Restoration 2 on all of the points, with roughly 7 contributors. We aren’t no lifers and I could barely get 5 people for a raid last night. We just put forth the effort and don’t whine about it constantly.

I wonder what the name of your main account is, as you’re clearly posting from an alt account (post history starts 30 days ago).

How much did it cost you to get the guild to level 21 with 7 people contributing? Looking at one enhancement for a level 9 guild which is 1500 aetherium plus a pile of mats and 50 ectos on it’s own, it must have come to a huge pile of cash and mats and a lot of farming.

How much has been spent on scribing so far?

I’m interested in the total cost in time/mats/gold so far.

This is my main account. I didn’t post on the forums prior to Heart of Thorns, outside of possibly at launch. Since then, my posts have been removed with a forum update or something, I assume.

How much did it cost you to get the guild to level 21 with 7 people contributing? Looking at one enhancement for a level 9 guild which is 1500 aetherium plus a pile of mats and 50 ectos on it’s own, it must have come to a huge pile of cash and mats and a lot of farming.

Ecto gambling, stockpiles of materials we already had, Silverwastes farmers and a bit of daily farming for shovels. Daily group sPvP if we feel up to it. I couldn’t tell you total costs, since I genuinely don’t know what we did/didn’t buy. I’ve dumped maybe 300g in materials.

How much has been spent on scribing so far?

Myself and one other person have leveled it. He’s something like ~100 scribe. I’m only 26. I spent maybe 30g and decided I don’t care enough to do it, since Scribe is only really necessary for WvW components. Plus with the ability to purchase Scribe papers now, we really don’t have much of a reason to care.

At least 4 people have God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals since we were a GW1 guild, and they definitely devoted more time to this game than I did. I came back for a brief stint last year, then again for HoT. My account age is ~300 hours with ~170 or so being my Revenant and another 100 being my Thief.

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

The expansion is not too bad, Its the direction that sucks. GW2 used to be a game I could play on mine time. I could take a week off for life, log back in and not have the feeling I was missing something or behind the curve. Now I am starting to feel like if I am not grinding everyday I am falling behind. This imo is what made GW2 stand out from the crowd. Now its starting to feel like any of the other grindfest mmos, except with reward vs time being nerfed into the ground.

Dejavu.2349

At this point, Leap, I feel really defeated, too. I’m considering just selling all my mats, including all the account bound mats that guilds are paying for, so then I can partially blame myself for being able to not have a guild hall…. because I sold all my mats, you see?

I like GW2 so much, that in order to keep playing it, my psyche wants to put the disappointment on me. My intelligent brain knows Anet is an kitten, but if I sell off everything, I’ll have some responsibility in my own failure and that might make me feel better. Or maybe it won’t and I’ll just start playing other games… even though none are as good. On my box, I currently have Warframe, Rift, GTAV, Borderlands, Firefall, Skyforge, TERA, Landmark Beta, Dungeon Defenders, and Minecraft… none even compare to GW2 for daily entertainment, but maybe all of them together can keep me from disappointment.

/shrug

Or maybe I’ll just keep mindlessly grinding for mats I know I won’t have enough of until I’m in a wheelchair, at which point, I won’t care any more.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Pretty sure u can get a guild hall with 2-3 people. Seen several guilds claim it. Smaller guilds can do it easier actually. Mine did it with 5 one of which kept dc’ing and one of which couldn’t glide, so basically 3 lol.

Dejavu.2349

I posted a while ago asking about the strat for 2. We tried it with 2 and it felt impossible… and my husband and I can usually do content made for bigger groups… just the 2 of us, so… unless we got seriously unlucky with mob placement or they’ve nerfed it since day 1, I have serious doubts about that claim. Do you recall what forum thread? I have some questions.

here’s my original, no-reply thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Claiming-Guild-Hall-with-2-people/first#post5684940

(edited by Dejavu.2349)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Pretty sure u can get a guild hall with 2-3 people. Seen several guilds claim it. Smaller guilds can do it easier actually. Mine did it with 5 one of which kept dc’ing and one of which couldn’t glide, so basically 3 lol.

Rubbish.. 2-3 man guilds use the LFG or pull alliances via map chat to take it on.

I would love to see the video s of those 2-3 man attempts.. or they never happened.

Smallest I know of getting the job done was 6 man and that was at after several attempts.. ours was done with a small amount of time to spare taking 8 players in who all knew what to do and were appropriately geared.

That said.. getting the guild hall isn’t really the issue, it’s not easy for small guilds but with an LFG or some requests for help from friends or just even pugs from map chat.. it can be done relatively pain free bar the waiting around and a few practice runs maybe… that is the least of the guilds woes… the rest soon smacks the guild in the face.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Dejavu.2349

I’ve seen several 4-person posts and can see that, but 2? Want proof!

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Rubbish.. 2-3 man guilds use the LFG or pull alliances via map chat to take it on.

I would love to see the video s of those 2-3 man attempts.. or they never happened.

Smallest I know of getting the job done was 6 man and that was at after several attempts.. ours was done with a small amount of time to spare taking 8 players in who all knew what to do and were appropriately geared.

I did it with 5, made a forum post when everyone whined, feel free to search for it, and posted a screenshot. so there’s your proof. Oh and not everyone makes videos of it especially if they were just attempting and not sure if they could or not.

Correct lots of guilds do make alliances and grab a few extra players and that’s a legit strategy. But I fully believe at least 4 would be possible too b/c as stated above our guardian didn’t have updraft mastery yet so he had to run a lot and miss half of them, yet we still got most of them down with 4.

Bloodstealer.5978

I did it with 5, made a forum post when everyone whined, feel free to search for it, and posted a screenshot. so there’s your proof. Oh and not everyone makes videos of it especially if they were just attempting and not sure if they could or not.

Correct lots of guilds do make alliances and grab a few extra players and that’s a legit strategy. But I fully believe at least 4 would be possible too b/c as stated above our guardian didn’t have updraft mastery yet so he had to run a lot and miss half of them, yet we still got most of them down with 4.

Errmmm proof.. ….5 is not 2-3, but as I said, the smallest I have heard of in game is 6 – Gz on getting it done with 5, though a video often shows a lot more than a screen of course and not sure why you felt you had to get all defensive on something that did not directly relate to your own attempt.. it was a “generalist” rubbish to anyone claiming to have done it 2-3 man without any semblance of proof other than a forum post.

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Since I have heaps of free time at the office I kinda researched into this… The claims I see now in general are …
1. Why if we already had worked for stuff, it was taken away with the introduction of HoT: Yeah agree this one part is unfair, even if it offers methods to “recover it”, kinda need at least a member (more like a handful) with the expansion to claim the hall. then add some maths for first tiers to unlock already acquired perks (even if they don’t have to pay to get them).
2. Claiming the hall requires at least 5 people: Official page announcement said that the first of the six pillars to design the guild hall system being the first “Emphasize Community and Fellowship”. Wiki suggested using guild initiative for reduced instances, blah blah…. still doesn’t give all the perks guild already had. So here is … socialize or die
3. Skins are only available on higher tier upgrades that requires humongous amounts of mats: That is also kinda pillar one so socialize or die…. still some tiers can still be unlocked by small guilds, takes time yes, but still personally think a paid expansion should bring at least 2 months+ of game play to cover most areas, if everything is done too fast then makes no sense… still not an excuse for grinding.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

If you don’t own a small guild then stay out of these threads. Seriously. Stop coming into them and posting when you have no experience on the matter.

You know what it sounds like when people from big guilds come to post in these threads? Its like a kool-aid man bursting through a brick wall and ruining a kids birthday party because he brought tasty kool-aid for them but in doing so trashed all the presents and then wonders why the kids are complaining.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

The raid was designed for organized groups of highly experienced and geared players to have a challenge. Anyone who complains about the raid being inaccessible is missing the point.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Dejavu.2349

The raid was designed for organized groups of highly experienced and geared players to have a challenge. Anyone who complains about the raid being inaccessible is missing the point.

Who complained about the raid? I must have missed a post.
Most people in this thread don’t care about the raid. That’s not the focus in this thread. If the raid was the only thing inaccessible to casuals or small guilds, this thread wouldn’t exist…

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

I like GW2 so much, that in order to keep playing it, my psyche wants to put the disappointment on me. My intelligent brain knows Anet is an kitten, but if I sell off everything, I’ll have some responsibility in my own failure and that might make me feel better. Or maybe it won’t and I’ll just start playing other games… even though none are as good. On my box, I currently have Warframe, Rift, GTAV, Borderlands, Firefall, Skyforge, TERA, Landmark Beta, Dungeon Defenders, and Minecraft… none even compare to GW2 for daily entertainment, but maybe all of them together can keep me from disappointment.

Hmm.. this doesn’t sound quite healthy :/ I’ve visited the forum since the HoT release almost 4-6 times a day and only got more and more frustrated about the current state of the game as well. Maybe you should try to get some time off, not playing any MMOs at all. There are a few good offline-games that came out in November or at the end of October (Fallout 4, Starcraft 2 LotV, Devil Survivor 2, heck, even the new CoD title doesn’t look too bad.) Maybe you can take your mind off the frustration at least a little bit by doing so and – from time to time – return here to see if anything is different than before.

I don’t know if I’m too optimistic here, but my hope looks like this: Maybe things will change in a few weeks when ArenaNet gets the time to discuss every point we made in a “round-table-for-devs-sitting”, they had to release raids as soon as possible (had a 2 week deadline if I’m correct) and maybe couldn’t really fine-tune the Xpac in the meantime. The only update that’s left for them to do in 2015 is the christmas aka wintersday patch. So (again) maybe they can now finally take a close look at what were the exact reasons that turn/ed people off HoT. Of course, there were also many topics that have gotten over the top, but that shouldn’t wash away all the constructive feedback.

The guild nerfs and the way small guilds are mistreated are definitively two of those.

tl;dr Before you hate yourself for still playing the game – get your mind off the game for a while and play something else. Check the forum/main page for possible changes to HoT once in a while

Dejavu.2349

Makes sense, Shel. Will take your ideas into consideration
Something my husband said made me feel a little bit better. He said:

“There are still plenty of things I want to do for my person growth in the game that don’t have to do with the guild hall, so I’m going to focus on those for now and when I’m done with those, see where Anet is on the guild stuff.”

Maybe I’ll just do that. I still have other goals to achieve that don’t necessarily require I sacrifice personal principles. I tend to get so negatively focused on just one aspect of a thing (not just this game – it’s kind of just how I am as a person) that I forget about all the positives. So maybe I’ll try (try being the operative word) to focus on the things I like… and see how that goes.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Its like a kool-aid man bursting through a brick wall

Hey, this is the GW2 forum. We don’t have Kool-Aid Man busting through walls.. We have Khulaid the Conquerer busting through walls..

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

There were plenty of percs for guilds before guild halls. Small guilds worked very hard for them and they were all taken away.

Agree with this. Pretty silly to have a guild with X amount of things unlocked, and then take it away. Kinda like buying a fully loaded car, and then halfway through your payments they come and take out the platinum package that you’ve been enjoying for 3 years.

There are enough new things associated with the guild hall that they could’ve left guilds that had unlocked X keep X, and work for the new stuff imo.

Bloodstealer.5978

Suggest reading the thread and not guessing up some other hype you heard somewhere else.
This thread is nothing to do with the raid – - THREAD EXIT – - >>

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Who complained about the raid? I must have missed a post.

No, you didn’t.

It’s him who missed the Reading-before-posting 101 class. I guess because he was too busy raiding and farming mats for his 500Guykittenes Guild.

And that’s exactly the reason why you, myself, and others, don’t want to be in a large guild. I already have my fair share of interactions with obtuse people in real life, no need to extend that pleasure^-1 in game too.

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I always see the “make the Guild Hall Upgrades scale with the number of members the guild has” FIX. What can stop me from kicking all my guild members,get the mats i need from them,get the upgrade and then invite them again…?!

It might be hard for small guilds to do stuff…but as many people said if you create a guild and you are 2-3 members…let’s be honest,how can you expect to do any content with that guild?
I am a guild leader since 14 november 2013 we had many members now we don’t …let’s say 10-15 daily online members,that is a small guild,yet we don’t complain about the upgrades and we work hard to get our amazing guild hall in a nice shape.
We got all the buildings (tents for now) available and many of the upgrades.
And we are working constantly on it.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I always see the “make the Guild Hall Upgrades scale with the number of members the guild has” FIX. What can stop me from kicking all my guild members,get the mats i need from them,get the upgrade and then invite them again…?!

It might be hard for small guilds to do stuff…but as many people said if you create a guild and you are 2-3 members…let’s be honest,how can you expect to do any content with that guild?
I am a guild leader since 14 november 2013 we had many members now we don’t …let’s say 10-15 daily online members,that is a small guild,yet we don’t complain about the upgrades and we work hard to get our amazing guild hall in a nice shape.

What’s to stop people from mass inviting and acting like a big guild to get donations and then kicking half the members, for that matter?

If you reject every QOL fix that has the possibility of exploitation and loopholes, you’d end up with a game that is largely exploit free and chock full of irritating features.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

They could base it on the max guild roster size. You know the guy you gotta pay to increase your guild member cap? That. If your are a first level guild with the lowest member cap your upgrades are cheaper. The higher your member cap the more you pay. Anet can reset all guilds member caps to the lowest possible for their guild and refund the cost to the guild leader as a one time courtesy.

As you cant reduce the max roster size of your guild, it would solve the exploit of kicking all your members to get cheaper upgrades. Super large guilds aren’t held back by mats anyway, they are held back by the time gates.

Anet should not have taken AWAY content that people earned. RIP +5 supply upgrade.

As far as needing 4-5 people to take a guild hall? Just please get a few people to help you, then you have your hall. I don’t think that part is a problem at all. The removal of hard earned upgrades under the previous system is extremely annoying. Do you know how long it took small/tiny guilds to get to the last upgrade levels?

All gone, poof, and no real compensation for it.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There were plenty of percs for guilds before guild halls. Small guilds worked very hard for them and they were all taken away.

This.

Where they taken fully away? so all guilds lost everything? or its just gated behind the hall?

Some (banners, WvW guild siege consumables) were gated beyond several levels of gh upgrades, and higher tiers of scribe profession. Others (24/48h boons, WvW boons) were removed completely and changed into new types of boons and upgrades that need to be researched from scratch.

For some guilds getting everything unlocked took literally years. And then Anet went and took all of that away.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

They could base it on the max guild roster size. You know the guy you gotta pay to increase your guild member cap? That. If your are a first level guild with the lowest member cap your upgrades are cheaper. The higher your member cap the more you pay.

Exactly! And if you increase your roster size, you’ll have to pay the materials/gold needed to move from e.g. Tavern Restoration 1 for guild size 1 to Tavern Restoration 1 for guild size 2. That way, people can’t kick their members, upgrade their guilds for cheap and invite everyone back – they’ll have to pay the materials needed for their guild size.

It would have been fairly easy to create this system but instead anet decided to kitten over small guilds. Hopefully this was just due to a lack of time and not because they don’t care, and they’ll fix it sometime in the future.

Good for you that you don’t mind grinding for all those materials you’ll need to get all those things back that you used to have before anet took them away. The upgrades I want back are unreachable for my guild (number 1 priority would be the wvw +5 supplies buff), so I can choose between suffering in silence and letting anet know that the new system isn’t working for small guilds, especially for the ones focused on wvw. I choose the latter.

RoF

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

They could base it on the max guild roster size. You know the guy you gotta pay to increase your guild member cap? That. If your are a first level guild with the lowest member cap your upgrades are cheaper. The higher your member cap the more you pay.

Exactly! And if you increase your roster size, you’ll have to pay the materials/gold needed to move from e.g. Tavern Restoration 1 for guild size 1 to Tavern Restoration 1 for guild size 2. That way, people can’t kick their members, upgrade their guilds for cheap and invite everyone back – they’ll have to pay the materials needed for their guild size.

It would have been fairly easy to create this system but instead anet decided to kitten over small guilds. Hopefully this was just due to a lack of time and not because they don’t care, and they’ll fix it sometime in the future.

Good for you that you don’t mind grinding for all those materials you’ll need to get all those things back that you used to have before anet took them away. The upgrades I want back are unreachable for my guild (number 1 priority would be the wvw +5 supplies buff), so I can choose between suffering in silence and letting anet know that the new system isn’t working for small guilds, especially for the ones focused on wvw. I choose the latter.

I have only one question.How many members can be considered a small guild in your opinion?

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I have only one question.How many members can be considered a small guild in your opinion?

I know the question wasn’t for me but…

less than five can’t be concidered a Guild was said in a stream. I would say that 5-20 is a small guild where everyone knows eachother, 21-100 is a medium Guild and over that is a big guild. Now I am not talking about members, I am talking about active members.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

As you only need 1 person to start a guild, one-person guilds are valid guilds, too, in my opinion. As for scaling – which is probably the more interesting question here – I think the following structure (which had been suggested by others before in other threads) would be good:

Tier I: up to 25 members
Tier II: up to 50 members
Tier III: up to 100 members
Tier IV: up to 250 members
Tier V: up to 500 members

Bonus points for anet if they add different guild halls/maps per tier – small halls for small guilds, bigger halls for bigger guilds. This would also mean that you will have a more impressive guild hall the bigger your guild is, which might be important to some people.

In this system, small guilds with only a few members get a choice between farming the materials among themselves or expanding in order to lighten the burden placed on every member of the guild – just like in the current system. It does make a difference after all whether you have e.g. 5 people contributing or 25.

The difference to the old system is that due to the lower costs the upgrades would be achievable by small guilds as well without the members spending the next couple of years grinding materials.

RoF

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

TLDR;
Op asked for a MSORPG : Massively Soloplayer Online RolePlay Game.

laughing too much

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

If you don’t own a small guild then stay out of these threads. Seriously. Stop coming into them and posting when you have no experience on the matter.

You know what it sounds like when people from big guilds come to post in these threads? Its like a kool-aid man bursting through a brick wall and ruining a kids birthday party because he brought tasty kool-aid for them but in doing so trashed all the presents and then wonders why the kids are complaining.

Oh I own 3 1 man guilds and are in another guild with 30 people am I allowed to post here?
I mean I should get premission right?
Its not like I can join and buy all the skins I like as other have stated from a big 500 man guild when they kick inactives right?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Its not like I can join and buy all the skins I like as other have stated from a big 500 man guild when they kick inactives right?

Oh, so your solution to the problem is leeching off big guilds?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Lord Drekar.4619

Lord Drekar.4619

A guild hall is for a guild, not for 3 players. Also, the guild hall is not much content, it’s just a huge area with nothing in it (well with fluff in it if it’s filled with… fluff like a chair you can’t even sit on).

Besides the +% food the tavern guy gives me, and cheap transportation to the Magus Falls, I don’t need it.

The skins. The entire purpose of this game behind a wall of friends I don’t have. If it was all just a place to run around, I wouldn’t give a rat’s kitten . It’s not about buffs (though 10% xp, karma, etc is nice when you’re leveling or farming… It’s about the skins we won’t have. It’s about the principle of the thing…

Content gating can suck my butt.

Not every game and game’s content can satisfy everyone’s need, deal with it. This is an MMO and it follows mostly the guidlines of an MMO. Why can’t people accept this? I don’t like those skins actually, but yes, this is an argument.

The reason I play this game is because it wasn’t just another MMO… until now. It was different, a beautiful refuge.

Why can’t you accept that not everyone loves the guidelines of other MMO’s? I’ve played them all and am SO freaking tired of their linear progression models and requisite guilds and reputation grinds, etc… blah blah…

There are many reasons to play an MMO even when you’re a solitary soul. Just think about the total amount of time you can put into a non-MMO. Skyrim gets the most hours of any non-MMO, but most others… what? 40 hours? If you’re lucky. I put 3 years of hours (not even kidding) into Wow before I quite after Cata. I am 2406 hours into GW2. That’s over 100 full days. Clearly, I have staying power… when I have viable reasons to stay.

You are playing a game called Guild Wars 2.. and complaining about requisite guild stuff. like.. the clue is literally in the name. I’m sorry, I understand it must be frustrating – but quite simply 3 people is not what I’d call a small guild – as already stated it’s not even a party. You can’t do dungeons or raids with that few people – and those both have skins associated, and dungeons have been in since release. By your logic, that itself is wrong – and I’m sorry, but an MMO is designed around large groups of people working together (that’s why it’s Massively Multiplayer, not Miniscule). To do most things in this game, you are going to have to deal with more than 2 or 3 people at once, and to complain about this in such a manner is, quite frankly, more than a little narrow minded. As someone else suggested, you should increase the size of your guild. Even just to say, 20 people. It’d take a while, but you’d still be able to get some of the content you feel you have been so unjustly locked out of.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

TLDR;
Op asked for a MSORPG : Massively Soloplayer Online RolePlay Game.

laughing too much

Just a FYI. Some of us like the fact that we are part of what, not counting last year, is a constantly updating single player experience. Most offline RPG get maybe one or two updates/patches then they move on to the next iteration in the title. Just because it is called a MMO don’t mean we HAVE to treat it as such. I am a member of a guild, but I put myself offline occasionally in order to not be bothered so I may farm/do events in peace if I only have an hour or so.

Just because you see something wrong with someone’s preferred play style does not make it wrong!

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Linken.6345

Oh, so your solution to the problem is leeching off big guilds?

Yea why not we can be in 5 guilds and they dont lose anything by me getting the skins, if I then like the guild and wish to stay I can.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

It is sad for me to say, but I’m starting to feel disconnected from gw2. I had lots of fun when the expac came out, but I feel like more important than my adventures are the community, and I can see it hurting.

I don’t see the same wonder and lust around, the game feels changed. I haven’t played in 5 days, and I’m not tempted to even log in. I used to enjoy pvp and wvw, but wvw is dead and pvp on its own doesn’t feel like it can draw me in.

I wish I had something more concrete, but really the thing that bothers me most about this expac is what happened to the community of the game. Also, I’m really sad about wvw now, but that was dead even before the expansion. For wvw the expac only cemented that death.

I remember players caring about wvw and it being on of the best game modes. I swapped servers twice over the course of this game, to change my wvw server. Now, there is nowhere to go.

I hope the devs realize that they are suffocating this game. the hardest part is I don’t even know why. I really liked this expansion, but the toxic attitude in the community has ruined it. I used to laugh and watch people get rolled over by dinosaurs, but now those players have simply stopped playing. It wasn’t worth it. This game needs to be for everyone. There is nothing wrong with challenging content, but it shouldn’t have been the whole expansion I think.

Also, the way elite specs were handled was slightly poor. I see how it will work out in the future when there are multiple elite specs, but until then, the gameplay has suffered some. This is most obvious in pvp, where those without the expac can barely compete.

Either way, I hope this game recovers, but its the first time since gw2 came out that I’m wondering about other games.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

MMO == many people online in the same game at once, not many people required to even play.

I’ll say it again: this has caused ANet to lose potential customers. My friends will no longer be relocating here because the 4 of us can’t do anything useful as a guild with the HoT changes.

No, I don’t care what you think a guild should be comprised of.

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

Amazingly, Guild Halls require a guild- rather than a treehouse meeting’s worth of people. If the Tanners’ Guild had opened up with 4 people back in the 1400s, they wouldn’t even be able to get a guild license. I accepted a long time ago that I would not get the Triple Trouble achievements solo, so I resorted to- shudder communicating with the other players. I recommend it, actually. It’s amazing how playing the ‘massively multiplayer’ aspect of this MMO makes it easier to achieve things in game.

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Linken.6345

MMO == many people online in the same game at once, not many people required to even play.

I’ll say it again: this has caused ANet to lose potential customers. My friends will no longer be relocating here because the 4 of us can’t do anything useful as a guild with the HoT changes.

If you dont care what I think, why should I care what you think?

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

If you dont care what I think, why should I care what you think?

I’m not asking you to.

Posted by: Visi.6320

Visi.6320

OP:

I play this game for similar reasons. I could have the fun of group combat without having to deal with people directly. The organic grouping that occurs in the open world is really magical sometimes. Without the need for a group, there was a cooperative experience. It was great. Also, the visual experience is uniformly fantastic.

I never did the “cool” stuff. Two dungeons with a group, ever. No fractals except for what I can solo. No champ train or boss train for hours. Never had much gold (until I found out about PS keys (lol)) so I habitually used cash to buy gems. Bought them a few times for skins, mining tools and upgrades but I haven’t spent that much. Have my own guild for a “don’t need an invite” tag and some upgrades. So, pretty dull and isolated… and I’ve been here three years (with long breaks here and there) quietly having a great time.

Over the last couple years, it has become increasingly clear the original game that I liked so much was, from ANet’s perspective, an embarrassing failure. The expansion solidified this impression. I was really enjoying their former “missed mark” and have found almost everything they’ve done to “fix” it unpleasant. LS boss mechanics and overall difficulty are often flat out obnoxious. Attaching event/dungeon completion to trait acquisition was ridiculous, if not in concept, in sheer volume. Incessant introduction of arcade game nostalgia to which I can’t relate. Outfits instead of sets. And now the game has an elite/raid culture developing.

It seems like there was a genuine misunderstanding on my part regarding what ANet was intending to create. As they approach what must be that which was the intended experience, I find myself alienated by it.

That said, I’m not demanding anything and I don’t expect anyone to accept that my complaints are legitimate or universal. I just feel a little weird after spending $100 for an expansion full of content for someone else. The game is what it is and it can never be what it was for me again – I accept that.

Sorry for the rambling but this seemed like the right place to make these comments. I hope you find favorable resolution to your guild dilemma or perhaps you (and I) will come across another game that feels the same way GW2 did two to three years ago.

Bloodstealer.5978

A guild hall is for a guild, not for 3 players. Also, the guild hall is not much content, it’s just a huge area with nothing in it (well with fluff in it if it’s filled with… fluff like a chair you can’t even sit on).

Besides the +% food the tavern guy gives me, and cheap transportation to the Magus Falls, I don’t need it.

The skins. The entire purpose of this game behind a wall of friends I don’t have. If it was all just a place to run around, I wouldn’t give a rat’s kitten . It’s not about buffs (though 10% xp, karma, etc is nice when you’re leveling or farming… It’s about the skins we won’t have. It’s about the principle of the thing…

Content gating can suck my butt.

Not every game and game’s content can satisfy everyone’s need, deal with it. This is an MMO and it follows mostly the guidlines of an MMO. Why can’t people accept this? I don’t like those skins actually, but yes, this is an argument.

The reason I play this game is because it wasn’t just another MMO… until now. It was different, a beautiful refuge.

Why can’t you accept that not everyone loves the guidelines of other MMO’s? I’ve played them all and am SO freaking tired of their linear progression models and requisite guilds and reputation grinds, etc… blah blah…

There are many reasons to play an MMO even when you’re a solitary soul. Just think about the total amount of time you can put into a non-MMO. Skyrim gets the most hours of any non-MMO, but most others… what? 40 hours? If you’re lucky. I put 3 years of hours (not even kidding) into Wow before I quite after Cata. I am 2406 hours into GW2. That’s over 100 full days. Clearly, I have staying power… when I have viable reasons to stay.

You are playing a game called Guild Wars 2.. and complaining about requisite guild stuff. like.. the clue is literally in the name. I’m sorry, I understand it must be frustrating – but quite simply 3 people is not what I’d call a small guild – as already stated it’s not even a party. You can’t do dungeons or raids with that few people – and those both have skins associated, and dungeons have been in since release. By your logic, that itself is wrong – and I’m sorry, but an MMO is designed around large groups of people working together (that’s why it’s Massively Multiplayer, not Miniscule). To do most things in this game, you are going to have to deal with more than 2 or 3 people at once, and to complain about this in such a manner is, quite frankly, more than a little narrow minded. As someone else suggested, you should increase the size of your guild. Even just to say, 20 people. It’d take a while, but you’d still be able to get some of the content you feel you have been so unjustly locked out of.

Firstly – Wall of Text Fail

Secondly – ANET made the game inclusive to Guilds of all sizes, in fact I seem to remember them even suggesting we should all consider having our own personal guilds some time back to allow them access to the benefits that come with this feature. If they did not support guilds of less than say 5 players.. why then is it possible to create them and previously upgrade them accordingly..

Thirdly – Maybe take a read up cos it might just be you that has missed the clue in the title.

Lastly – MMO does not mean you have to been in large faceless 500 guilds..
Small guilds don’t have to become large just because a raid enters town.. guilds are not formed for that reason alone, sorry to shatter that elitist theory.
This game boasts of its approach to openworld content.. you know where whole maps engage in metas or even down to the smallest of openworld events where anyone can join in… suggest taking a piece of “engage brain before opening mouth pie” before bed tonight.

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Oh. That so? Then let that sort of content be developed in future(assuming there is one)with the funds coming only from that percent of the player base. Then see how good it is.

The folks left setting out in the cold here have a right to feel cheated- seeing as how the moneys they’ve invested into the game – capital which should have been earmarked in this expansion to keep them happy, playing, and paying through gem store purchases- has been spent on something they won’t be able to participate in due to either limited time or to their being excluded from participating due to changes in the culture made not only to appease that small percent, but then through the elitism subsequently introduced by that small percent.

It’s about priorities and Anet doesn’t seem to have a sound set of them at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for letting players play how they want, but robbing Peter to pay Paul wasn’t a good way to go here-(dungeons, fractals, wvw etc.) particularly now that Paul’s(raiders/megaguilds) have begun rubbing Peter’s(everybody else) nose in it and the thieves(Anet)just look on and laugh whilst still within earshot.

Someone here a few weeks back said roughly, ‘this(HoT) is how a game company commits suicide.’ I was on the fence back then, but as the weeks have passed I’ve slowly come around to that point of view myself.

(edited by Iozeph.5617)

Linken.6345

Oh. That so? Then let that sort of content be developed in future(assuming there is one)with the funds coming only from that percent of the player base. Then see how good it is.

The folks left setting out in the cold here have a right to feel cheated- seeing as how the moneys they’ve invested into the game – capital which should have been earmarked in this expansion to keep them happy, playing, and paying through gem store purchases- has been spent on something they won’t be able to participate in due to either limited time or to their being excluded from participating due to changes in the culture made not only to appease that small percent, but then through the elitism subsequently introduced by that small percent.

It’s about priorities and Anet doesn’t seem to have a sound set of them at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for letting players play how they want, but robbing Peter to pay Paul wasn’t a good way to go here-(dungeons, fractals, wvw etc.) particularly now that Paul’s(raiders/megaguilds) have begun rubbing Peter’s(everybody else) nose in it and the thieves(Anet)just look on and laugh whilst still within earshot.

Someone here a few weeks back said roughly, ‘this(HoT) is how a game company commits suicide.’ I was on the fence back then, but as the weeks have passed I’ve slowly come around to that point of view myself.

Maybe these people should have been a informed consumers and read the blogposts about how the game would be more challengeing and that raids ( the horror we will get more then one/sarcasm off) would be getting into the game, or wait untill release to see what changed.

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Informed with what? What blog posts?

Anet issued a pre-purchase campaign base on…. Right – little to nothing to go on but innuendo.

We had several beta weekends through which they willingly omitted salient facts about how certain aspects of coming contents were meant to be attained -waiting til nearly the eleventh hour to be open about any of it.

If we’re being honest, Anet went out of their way to make it nigh impossible to make anything even remotely resembling an informed purchase for Hot.

Building hype with little to no pertinent information with which to make an informed decision? That is sort of the point… when you’re trying to con someone.

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Informed with what? What blog posts?

Anet issued a pre-purchase campaign base on…. Right – little to nothing to go on but innuendo.

We had several beta weekends through which they willingly omitted salient facts about how certain aspects of coming contents were meant to be attained -waiting til nearly the eleventh hour to be open about any of it.

If we’re being honest, Anet went out of their way to make it nigh impossible to make anything even remotely resembling an informed purchase for Hot.

Building hype with little to no pertinent information with which to make an informed decision? That is sort of the point… when you’re trying to con someone.

They just gave you the highlights of what the Guild Hall was about, mostly the Arena. Nothing about what was behind those shiny gates. Also, a Dev did post prior to release recommending everyone to spend their Influence as it was going away. Not once did they state there would be an NPC in HoT to be able to convert Influence.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.