Give us the price already

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

I don’t earn that much (still new on the market), so i can’t always keep enough money stashed for my gaming needs, certainly not overstash just in case something turns out to be more expensive than i thought.

I also do not have a credit card simply because i’m an impulse buyer at times, and a credit card will only serve to make it worse, so all my online purchases i do with a debit card that i have to deposit money into to use, and this process also takes some time.

Please ANet, at the very least give us a price range, you already know most of us will buy HOT regardless of pricing, so may as well tell us the price so we can set money aside for it.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

$39,99 – $59,99 seems like a likely price range for standard edition.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

RapidSausage.4620

This is wildly expensive for an expansion pack that -in contrast to the base game- provides a fraction of the content.

Also considering that ANet had the gem store from the get go this allows them to drop xpac price much more than a full game.

lordkrall.7241

That is the standard price for an AAA MMO expansion at release though. Even games which requires you to pay a subscription.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

This is wildly expensive for an expansion pack that -in contrast to the base game- provides a fraction of the content.

Also considering that ANet had the gem store from the get go this allows them to drop xpac price much more than a full game.

Yea you mean like wow with subscription and a cash shop for mounts pets name changes etc have their expansions at a low price?

RapidSausage.4620

this isn’t wow.
and ANet has always been good to their playerbase.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I can’t imagine it will be more than $15-$20. The size of this “expansion” is in line with those launched for SWTOR, which have been $15-20. This expansion is no where near the size of a WoW expansion which retails for $30-50. I don’t think anyone would buy it if they released it for $50.

lordkrall.7241

this isn’t wow.

You brought up that they have earned money from the gem store and thus could have a lower price. I brought up the fact that WoW is earning way more money every single month and still have about that cost for expansions.

They are good, but they still need to earn money. They are a business, if they don’t earn enough money they will die. Simple as that.

It is also worth pointing out that it is fully possible to play the game without every paying anything other than the initial cost, which I would actually guess is what most people do.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Don’t buy it then… simple resolution. Do a /age in game then divide it by the initial cost to buy the game… I’ll go first 4k hours / 50$ is like 1/80th of a cent per hour. Tell me, what other form of entertainment gives you a rate like that?

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Start putting 1 dollar (or whatever currency you use) away every day for 60 days.
You’ll have enough money to buy HoT when it launches. With some luck you’ll have some change left.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

RapidSausage.4620

this isn’t wow.

You brought up that they have earned money from the gem store and thus could have a lower price. I brought up the fact that WoW is earning way more money every single month and still have about that cost for expansions.

They are good, but they still need to earn money. They are a business, if they don’t earn enough money they will die. Simple as that.

It is also worth pointing out that it is fully possible to play the game without every paying anything other than the initial cost, which I would actually guess is what most people do.

GW2 follows a different revenue model than WoW.

WoW relies on subscriptions and expansions which are more like the old GW1 campaigns in their scope.

The problem for ANet in GW1 was the lack of sustained revenue, they relied on periodical campaign releases for money, and the cash shop came very very later on and even then it provided very little compared to what the gem store has now, but now that we have the gem store, ANet can space out its major releases much more than for GW1, because the gem store offers a continuous stream of funds rather than a burst of funds.

What this also allows ANet to do is distribute the revenue for any given content between the initial cost of the content itself (which would be rather low in comparison to other similar releases in the genre) and the cost of accompanying items in the gem store, a perfect example is the living world content and events like wintersday and halloween and such.

So comparing HOT to a WoW expansion would be very unfair and unrealistic, one expansion is not equal to another, the word “expansion” is meaningless in itself, what you want to look at is “relative scope”.

Linken.6345

this isn’t wow.

WoW relies on subscriptions and expansions which are more like the old GW1 campaigns in their scope.

The problem for ANet in GW1 was the lack of sustained revenue, they relied on periodical campaign releases for money, and the cash shop came very very later on and even then it provided very little compared to what the gem store has now, but now that we have the gem store, ANet can space out its major releases much more than for GW1, because the gem store offers a continuous stream of funds rather than a burst of funds.

What this also allows ANet to do is distribute the revenue for any given content between the initial cost of the content itself (which would be rather low in comparison to other similar releases in the genre) and the cost of accompanying items in the gem store, a perfect example is the living world content and events like wintersday and halloween and such.

So comparing HOT to a WoW expansion would be very unfair and unrealistic, one expansion is not equal to another, the word “expansion” is meaningless in itself, what you want to look at is “relative scope”.

This continous stream of founds would be valid if it werent possible to buy gems with gold or get it for free each 5k ap chest you get.

And do we know that the gems that are bought with real money that those money then are infused into anet or are ncsoft just taking it as profits.

Why wow was brought up was you misstakenly thinking that having a cash shop should make expasions cheaper.

Then having cash shop and subscription that game should really just give away expasions for free but they are not they charge for that to.

Maybe you should go down to your local store and say they should give you food cheaper the more you buy becouse I mean they get more money the more food you buy.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

OP, you demanded a price. Players with reasonable expectations gave you reasonable price estimates. You try to dispute them at every turn. What exactly are you wanting out of this thread?

What if an A.Net employee posted in this thread “$39.99 regular edition, $59.99 digital deluxe, and $100 for the Collector’s Edition”? What if you’d got your answer as simply stated as that? I feel that you’d spend the rest of the thread trying to say that the expansion isn’t worth that and you’re not going to pay it or play it. That is what your posts are saying.

Honest, it’s worth it for me. I’ve already started putting some money back and will have $150 ready to drop on a CE if they have it priced like the original. And if they don’t? Then the extra money will go to gems and I’ll still spend $150 on the new expansion. Why? Thousands of hours of /age played in this game from enjoyment and fun. It’s still cheaper than going to movies, which are repetitive and only last 1.5-3hrs each at most!

RapidSausage.4620

this isn’t wow.

This continous stream of founds would be valid if it werent possible to buy gems with gold or get it for free each 5k ap chest you get.

And do we know that the gems that are bought with real money that those money then are infused into anet or are ncsoft just taking it as profits.

Why wow was brought up was you misstakenly thinking that having a cash shop should make expasions cheaper.

Then having cash shop and subscription that game should really just give away expasions for free but they are not they charge for that to.

Maybe you should go down to your local store and say they should give you food cheaper the more you buy becouse I mean they get more money the more food you buy.

NCsoft undoubtedly takes part of the profits from ANet, but to say that all the revenue from the gem store goes to NCsoft is just pulling stuff out your bum.

No respectable publisher does that, period.

As for gems for gold, yes that does cut down from monetary profits for GW2, but to assume that everyone does that because everyone farms SW for gold or grind PvP for transmutation charges all day everyday is very narrow thought.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

OP, you demanded a price. Players with reasonable expectations gave you reasonable price estimates. You try to dispute them at every turn. What exactly are you wanting out of this thread?

^This

As mentioned, you can reasonably expect $30-$50 (though I highly suspect closer to $30). I fully understand, from your original post, that you are strapped for cash. That said, based on your concern for a game, internet connection and computer able to play the game, and a few other factors I also believe you aren’t poverty stricken either and thus have a limited amount of disposable income (stressing on limited as I know what it is like to be “new to the market”). My suggestion, put $5 in a jar every 2 weeks starting immediately. Don’t touch the jar until HoT comes out except to add to it. By that time, based on projected end of summer release date, you’ll have roughly $50 to spend on the game.

A little pre-planning and discipline can take you a long way in this world.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

The only real meter we have is from Guild Wars. Anet knew EotN was smaller and marked a price accordingly. What we know of this expansion so far, I’d say is around is in the middle of EotN and new campaigns. With this, I’m expecting Anet to scale up and charge for a full expansion. With what I’ve heard, I don’t believe it’s a “full” expansion, but I’m buying it anyways and I assume most people will also, allowing them to get away with it.

Linken.6345

^This

As mentioned, you can reasonably expect $30-$50 (though I highly suspect closer to $30). I fully understand, from your original post, that you are strapped for cash. That said, based on your concern for a game, internet connection and computer able to play the game, and a few other factors I also believe you aren’t poverty stricken either and thus have a limited amount of disposable income (stressing on limited as I know what it is like to be “new to the market”). My suggestion, put $5 in a jar every 2 weeks starting immediately. Don’t touch the jar until HoT comes out except to add to it. By that time, based on projected end of summer release date, you’ll have roughly $50 to spend on the game.

A little pre-planning and discipline can take you a long way in this world.

Well given that in the op they say they got little cash income, hard to save up cash at all and on top of that being an impulse buyer.

I would advice going to a bank putting it into a bank saftey deposit box each week so you cant access it readliy at all.

lordkrall.7241

NCsoft undoubtedly takes part of the profits from ANet, but to say that all the revenue from the gem store goes to NCsoft is just pulling stuff out your bum.

You are disregarding the fact that NCSoft is not merely a publisher for GW2. They are outright OWNING the ArenaNet and thus the game. Every single $ ArenaNet earns is money that is owned by NCSoft. NCSoft can then decide where they will put that money.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

$40 in my mind seems like a fair and appropriate price for the expansion. Considering I’ve played 1,400+ hours (not a lot compared to many others who play!) since day -3 at head start release, and have only payed $60 for all of those hours, I’m willing to pay $40 or even $60 for this expansion and still end up WAY ahead of other subscription MMO’s.

GW2 = 2 Years 9 Months = $60
If I payed for WoW = 2 Years 9 Months = ~$510

Something to consider, Guild Wars 2 is pay once, get FULL access with no restrictions on all new content (except of course, the expansion and missing Season 2 episodes). People shouldn’t complain if the expansion is $40, and people shouldn’t complain if the expansion is $60, even if the expansion itself isn’t worth $10. GW2 is already giving you a bargain deal. Purchasing the expansion and supporting a game you love on the cheap side (comparatively to many, many other games) is worth it in my book.

WoW doesn’t lower their expansion prices just because they make millions of dollars a month on subscription fees and have a shop, so those saying GW2 should lower it because of the gem store are not using their head, and are selfish (for the reasons above).

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

(edited by piano man.1672)

RapidSausage.4620

You are disregarding the fact that NCSoft is not merely a publisher for GW2. They are outright OWNING the ArenaNet and thus the game. Every single $ ArenaNet earns is money that is owned by NCSoft. NCSoft can then decide where they will put that money.

i see.

well the GW franchise has been a very good money maker ever since gw1, i don’t see why why NCsoft would want to limit funding to ANet.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Guessing release date n price will be announced at E3 so in 7 weeks time

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Personally, I’m figuring 50$ for the expansion, and that’s what I have set aside. (100$ actually, since I desire 2 copies). It was the “standard” cost for a WoW expansion, or GW1 campaign, so I don’t figure it’ll be more than that. Seems like its a logical guess at future pricing.

If it turns out to be less, well go me. I can spend the left over on gems.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I can’t imagine it will be more than $15-$20. The size of this “expansion” is in line with those launched for SWTOR, which have been $15-20. This expansion is no where near the size of a WoW expansion which retails for $30-50. I don’t think anyone would buy it if they released it for $50.

$50 that’s around £30 ish, yep I’d pay that in a heart beat. I have £70 put to one side ready for it. For games I like, I like to get all the preorder/collectors edition shines. I did it with Guild Wars and all the campaigns bar factions. They didn’t do the preorder where I live for some reason. Mass Effect 2/3, was late to the party, so never got a special edition of ME1. But.my point is, some people, like me, don’t go out on the weekends drinking, don’t smoke, go to the cinema, out for food. So we have the money some people burn through doing these things. So we spend our money on other things, like games, books, DVDS/Blu -Rays, what ever takes our fancy. A friend of my spends money like water on mobile app games like you would not believe. I think in 2 years he spent enough to buy a Top end sports car. He has a very well.payed job, no kids that cant financial support them self’s, a wife that has as well payed job, so yeah, he spends what he has on what he wants. I remember once, he said he.payes out more on coffee a month for his employees than he dose on the games, so its not that much. To have that life ay?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

While I agree with your point, because many people need to stockpile money in advance, it categorically will not be more than £50, because that was GW2’s original price, and its just not possible for an expansion to exceed that price.

Just tuck £50 away. If anything, it will inflate your interest percentage while it sits in your bank, during the wait for HoT.

How I see it is: This is the 1st week of Specializations. There will be 8 more weeks of specializations, then E3 is immediately after, where I personally believe they will drop the price and release date of HoT. There is 56 days in those 8 weeks. Save £1 per day, and you’ll be set for HoT by the time E3 comes.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

While I agree with your point, because many people need to stockpile money in advance, it categorically will not be more than £50, because that was GW2’s original price, and its just not possible for an expansion to exceed that price.

Just tuck £50 away. If anything, it will inflate your interest percentage while it sits in your bank, during the wait for HoT.

How I see it is: This is the 1st week of Specializations. There will be 8 more weeks of specializations, then E3 is immediately after, where I personally believe they will drop the price and release date of HoT. There is 56 days in those 8 weeks. Save £1 per day, and you’ll be set for HoT by the time E3 comes.

Yeah I agree, along with open.beta’s.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure we will hear anything at E3, as ArenaNet does not have a presence there. E3 is not a consumer-friendly convention/show, so ArenaNet doesn’t have a booth there.

Now, whether any announcements come at approximately the same time, I don’t know. But they won’t be from the E3 floor, unless ArenaNet has changed it’s stance.

I hope GW2:HoT will be priced around $30-40, but I have put away $80…just in case.

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Wait… $40-$60 for this little?
- One completely new class
- A bunch of PvE zones (one new area //Ascalon)
- One trait line, one weaponset and one skillset for the existing classes
- Masteries which are only useable in the new PvE area
- ?

[[New borderland and new PvP map (Stronghold) will probably be given out to those who don’t buy the expansion aswell, so I didn’t include]]

I paid $50 for the base game with 8 classes (including 5 traitlines, between 4 and 10 weapons, several skillsets), 5 races with racial armour skins, multiple PvE areas with multiple dungeons, and tons more content. I would think $25 is a fair price. Of course people will want it, but if it’s $40 or more it’s simply overpriced, based on the current information.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

This is what I’m assuming also. It could go much higher if they do a special/deluxe edition for online and retail store to sell.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Indeed! I guess they did change their stance about E3, after all. Interesting.

Posted by: EnergySlam.2793

EnergySlam.2793

People always act so entitled in GW2. You paid $50 3 years ago and so many people are complaining about the expansion costing more than $20 (which we don’t even know yet .
Besides that, does everyone expect a company to run on money they got from their initial launch ? Gem store is there, yes, but it’s for cosmetics only and you are able to get gems for gold.

If you can’t save up $30-50 since they announced it, perhaps you should stop playing videogames and start working/finding work. You can even do some basic online stuff for money that only takes your time, no skills.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

If you can’t save up $30-50 since they announced it, perhaps you should stop playing videogames and start working/finding work. You can even do some basic online stuff for money that only takes your time, no skills.

Before saying “that’s really cheap”, “get a job”… it might not occur to you that a lot of gamers are students who are on limited budgets and/or a lot of people spend money on so many other things than gaming, so it’s just not there for grabs. Most people likely have other activities they spend money on aswell, and following the logic of many an economist: many small costs make one huge. :p

On top you don’t take into account that people might think they could spend their money on something better: buying a game/game addition they’d enjoy more than this one. If you wanna pay $50 on a GW2 expansion, go ahead, but if that’s the price they’ll ask for it, might aswell buy another full game for $50.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Before saying “that’s really cheap”, “get a job”… it might not occur to you that a lot of gamers are students who are on limited budgets and/or a lot of people spend money on so many other things than gaming, so it’s just not there for grabs. Most people likely have other activities they spend money on aswell, and following the logic of many an economist: many small costs make one huge. :p

On top you don’t take into account that people might think they could spend their money on something better: buying a game/game addition they’d enjoy more than this one. If you wanna pay $50 on a GW2 expansion, go ahead, but if that’s the price they’ll ask for it, might aswell buy another full game for $50.

If they are students with limited income either
A. Assume 39.99 to 59.99 and save accordingly
B. Don’t buy it.

Guild wars 2 is not a life saving or essential product if the student cannot afford it, well then too bad. It is not Arena net job to care about your individual priorities with money you either buy it or you dont. If you don’t you can still play until you eventually can afford the expansion.

So why should anybody care if they are a student?

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

If they are students with limited income either
A. Assume 39.99 to 59.99 and save accordingly
B. Don’t buy it.

Guild wars 2 is not a life saving or essential product if the student cannot afford it, well then too bad. It is not Arena net job to care about your individual priorities with money you either buy it or you dont. If you don’t you can still play until you eventually can afford the expansion.

So why should anybody care if they are a student?

Because sometimes selling something cheaper to attract MORE consumers can even out to more profit in the end because the quantity of buyers is increased in a substantial enough amount?

Because if more students or whoever buys HoT there is more chance they will stick around and use Gems on occasion which may even out to more of a profit after a period of time from that one person alone?

It isn’t Anet’s job to care for people, but undoubtedly, being a company which wins the favour and heart’s of consumers rather than the immediate profit, can be far more successful than the opposite, it is all based on what the situation will be.

EDIT: I also forgot to add, Because one of the main factors used in sales pitch for GW2 was the buy once never have to pay again strategy which would attract a certain consumer base. Said consumer base is likely to have a limited disposable income?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

39.99$ sound like a fair price if you look like what other AAA games expansion cost usaly.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I look at GW2 like any other hobby. The $$ I have put in (initial cost, gems, time) outweighs my enjoyment. Viewed in the same light the expansion cost is not that important to me if I get value from it … anet knows if they price it out of reach they will see less of an uptake of people buying it.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

you people and your 40 dollar expansion prices… This isn’t The Sims, this is a feature pack + the end of the last living story and we’re paying for it.

20-30, anything more and I’m not paying for it. They get enough from the gemstore but you people kept begging for a kitten expansion because you thought they didn’t get enough. What they don’t have enough of is EMPLOYEES that they could easily pay for with the gemstore profits.

Anyway, guild wars 1 expansions were $30. I’m expecting that or less since this isn’t what I would consider a full expansion.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

If you can’t pay more than $20 for an expansion, you’re not a customer worth keeping. How much did you pay for your PC? Anet doesnt’t get any of that.

I have no interest in playing to the lowest common denominator for the game I love, if you truly can’t afford more, it’s your ptoblem to solve, not mine.

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

this isn’t wow.

Which planet have you been living on? Have you seen the state of WvW?!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

20-30, anything more and I’m not paying for it

To borrow a phrase from elsewhere whenever someone threatened to rage-quit: can I have your stuff?

Seriously, I am not all that concerned over the price (and, no, I am not made of money). Anet knows economics 101 … the higher they charge the less people buying it. I do expect we will see tiers of it though, just like with the main game. A basic pack and a more expensive pack that is the same exact same thing but with a few items tossed in that do not really affect game play (minis, skins, etc). That way there is an incentive to spend more without having a higher barrier to entry.

My main question is ‘when can we buy it’.

Posted by: mohrad.8972

mohrad.8972

Like the guy earlier said.
It’s long time ‘till the release. Just skip that muffin to your everyday coffee and throw the money into some piggy-bank. You’ll be surprised how much money you’ll find there once we reach release date.
edit Also you might lose some weight by pure accident :P*

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

More than 10E would be way too much for this small dlc. It is just ls 3, but this time it’s not free we have to pay it upfront.

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

If you can’t pay more than $20 for an expansion, you’re not a customer worth keeping. How much did you pay for your PC? Anet doesnt’t get any of that.

I have no interest in playing to the lowest common denominator for the game I love, if you truly can’t afford more, it’s your ptoblem to solve, not mine.

Anet didn’t make anyone’s PCs, so why should they get money for that? Should your ISP get a portion of the profits from the games that you buy…? And there’s nothing wrong with having a gaming budget, because some people actually have other priorities in life.

The xpac should be at a reasonable price so more players would be tempted to buy it. If it costs the same as the base game at launch, I’d say that’s too much.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Anet didn’t make anyone’s PCs, so why should they get money for that? Should your ISP get a portion of the profits from the games that you buy…? And there’s nothing wrong with having a gaming budget, because some people actually have other priorities in life.

The xpac should be at a reasonable price so more players would be tempted to buy it. If it costs the same as the base game at launch, I’d say that’s too much.

Yes, that’s my point – with all the money spent on services and hardware making other companies a profit, why should Anet not deserve some, as the maker of the game,

Demand sets price, not the other way around.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I pay more if I go out for dinner, since I live in an expensive country. I really don’t care if the price is 20 or 60 €.

That said, the price should be 20-40€ (or dollars) for the standard edition. Can’t imagine they ask for a full price of 60 €. Expansions are usually considerably cheaper than the basic game.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

also WoW expansions include 1 month subscription if I remember right…

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

the longer they delay announcing the price, the cheaper it better be. or else there will be uproar.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well…. The problem isn’t how much you want to pay. The problem is how much they want to ask… Just so you all unerstand, any price between 29,95 and 49,95 is normal depending on download only or box, and I expect a mark-up of 10-20 euro/dollar for the deluxe version, and another 15-30 for the collectors… which could leave desired editions 29,95 to 99,95 based on what you want and they think off, but I expect to pay around 39,95 for the basic download version, 49,95 for the basic box, 59,95 for the deluxe digital tbh. and around 79,95-89,95 for the Collector’s edition

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

lordkrall.7241

the longer they delay announcing the price, the cheaper it better be. or else there will be uproar.

How does that even make sense?
Announcing it early (without a release date and not all features fully presented) would most likely create much more of an uproar than waiting with announcement until they have presented everything and have a release date.

But then again, on these forums there will be an uproar no matter what they do.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

The price for HoT will probably run about $40 for the regular version, $60+ for a digital deluxe edition. $80+ for the box deluxe edition.

A $40 price tag really isn’t too bad, all things considered. While some will get up in arms in this forum if that is the case, well whatever. They can complain about paying too much for too little, conveniently forgetting that many of them pay just as much (if not more) for less content in standalone games.

Now, I’m going to cook up some popcorn.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.