Glider Suggestions? Share Them Here!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mini.8495

Mini.8495

I’ve already got an idea: Just like the exalted glider, only themed off Primordus!

Mini.8495

It’s also an idea for upgrading the Megadestroyer like you did the shatterer! You could get stuff like that!

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Perhaps this idea is difficult but a glider that hangs the player from a pair of maple seed pods whirling overhead like a helicopter might be fun.

Posted by: Predator.2847

Predator.2847

Will be great futurist or mechanic Glider:

Ex: Steampunk Wing, Technomagic jetpack…

And be able to use Spinal Blade and Molten Jetpack like Glider

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Either a set you can dye or a set of black bat wings, not overly fond of the brown coloured wings.
Also why not do each of the dragons, a set of purple bone wings would look cool.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

How about a new raid wing?

RP enthusiast

Posted by: FallinDevast.5364

FallinDevast.5364

I really want a parachute for my engie, complete with a backpack skin

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

What I would really like is a glider I can earn in the game. As an example, the exalted glider should have been one more collection after the last exalted backpack. The ugly sweater glider could have been in wintersday as well. even having a 10th of new gliders skins (and weapon skins as well) being added into the game instead of into the gemstore in some form (directly or black lion keys) would be great to add some newness and variety to areas. There are now 14 glider skins with only the basic glider actually being obtainable in game, because you have to give one to start.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

What I would really like is a glider I can earn in the game. As an example, the exalted glider should have been one more collection after the last exalted backpack. The ugly sweater glider could have been in wintersday as well. even having a 10th of new gliders skins (and weapon skins as well) being added into the game instead of into the gemstore in some form (directly or black lion keys) would be great to add some newness and variety to areas. There are now 14 glider skins with only the basic glider actually being obtainable in game, because you have to give one to start.

Let me add that to use gliders you’ve got to have the expansion to begin with, so it isn’t like we haven’t already paid for it.

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

I would like something similar to the soul river, an aura glider but black with a mystical dark/plated aura. And if posible single, not inside an expensive pack… ; )

Posted by: Ampa.2749

Ampa.2749

There are lot’s of very cool suggestions for particular glider wings, and many folks wanting something that they earn. Just buying gliders from the Gem Store is a good new revenue source for Anet, but makes us all lazy by just throwing gems at the TP for swag.

I think Kyraler.8234 mentioned it first; a new Glider Crafting Discipline, like Armor, would make us work for it. We could build levels of gliders with crafting materials of some kind. Perhaps one kind of material results in feathers, and another in jet packs. We could find glider skins that we could put on our crafted gliders, but only if they ‘fit’ properly – can’t add a jet glider skin to a glider that is not crafted with jets.

The up side is that this system would show that if you have jets, you might be a Grandmaster Glider Craftsman. There is a reward for the work. But the skins give us the variety that everyone wants. The down side is the development time for the Anet devs.

Certainly if we can get a Scribe Discipline for guilds (not everyone is going to be a scribe) we could get a Glider Discipline for the masses (lot’s of us want cool gliders.)

Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief, Necro

Posted by: Erzse.2635

Erzse.2635

I’d like all the previous wings to be made into gliders (like the butterfly wings), and for the spinal blades backpiece to become wings, too. I’d be willing to spend a couple hundred gems to upgrade to a glider from one of those.

I’d really like gliders that reflect the different races, too.

Mini.8495

OKAY, Gaile! I have this drawing I made: It’s not professional, but i was in the car on my way to school.

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

8bit SAB slider that plays full SAB music.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mini.8495

I think Kyraler.8234 mentioned it first; a new Glider Crafting Discipline, like Armor, would make us work for it. We could build levels of gliders with crafting materials of some kind. Perhaps one kind of material results in feathers, and another in jet packs. We could find glider skins that we could put on our crafted gliders, but only if they ‘fit’ properly – can’t add a jet glider skin to a glider that is not crafted with jets.

This seems like it would fit the discipline Tailor. Of course, it depends on the type of glider you wanna make. My Destroyer Glider would probably have to be made in the Artificer place.
It’s not exactly easy to implement another crafting station like Scribing.. Scribing got there because it was guildhall-specific, but it still was probably a lot of work!!
With an aerodynamics crafting station, you’d have to find room in the Lion’s Arch plaza for it.
And besides, gliders aren’t something you really wear like backpacks. They’re just skins. :|

Mini.8495

Oooh, i just thought of something!
A backpack/glider that has helicopter blades, and they spin while you fly!

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

I have a lot of gliders but I needed to buy most of them with money, it would be cool to see some in game for people who don’t want to spend money and as incentive to play which ever type of content you drop them into as rewards.

a speed increase would be cool, especially if it was a reward that is hard to get. Just some quality of life, but that may make it possible to get to some places you never could before and that may break something

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

Mini.8495

And yet another idea came into my head:
Sometimes, when a ranger uses Swoop, the eagle stays visible to other players. How about a glider like that?

Posted by: doodie.1659

doodie.1659

The hawk wings glider has a backpack skin and the new golden wings glider has a backpack skin too! Why not the lovely wings? That’s what I would really like to see.

Mini.8495

Excuse my spam, but I’m just too creative. :P
A glider made of tied-together vine tendrils, a lot like the Mawdrey.

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Was Soul River Glider without the pack with stuff people don’t want suggested? If not. Then that.

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

This seems like it would fit the discipline Tailor. Of course, it depends on the type of glider you wanna make. My Destroyer Glider would probably have to be made in the Artificer place.
It’s not exactly easy to implement another crafting station like Scribing.. Scribing got there because it was guildhall-specific, but it still was probably a lot of work!!
With an aerodynamics crafting station, you’d have to find room in the Lion’s Arch plaza for it.
And besides, gliders aren’t something you really wear like backpacks. They’re just skins. :|

collections is a good place for this. Of course, I think alot of the collections should use their resulting items actually in the forge at least or something like that just for the sake of making sense rather than making items, selling them at a merchant and then the UI crapping out the final item lol, but yea…collections, even if it involves some crafted items from various professions.

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

I wouldn’t mind seeing some improvements to gliders as being rewards

Event rewards
-Watchwork Glider as a reward for Queens Jubilee
-Make it a bit harder than the ugly wintersday gift one but no where near the wintersday shoulders.

Seconding the idea for an elegant looking Watchwork glider design!

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings and Spinal Blades Wings. I have two characters who use these back pieces and they should be glide-able just like all the existing wing based gliders.

Posted by: centroid.9053

centroid.9053

It would be really cool if you made the spinal blades and ad infinitum (when its available) backpacks also function as a glider. even if its just unbound for now till the legendary comes out. if possible for the spinal blades the trail the gliders make should come from the area that the jetpacks actually exhaust would be, not from the ends of the wings (but if not i’m not picky i just really would love to see that as a glider)!

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I just now loaded into a map and started gliding right away before the client rendered my glider model and for a few seconds it was like I could fly!

I didn’t have time to turn the camera and take a screenshot, but it was really fun seeing my character seemingly flying of her own powers. So I thought I might present this idea in hopes it might become a reality. I’d totally buy an invisible glider skin that, if anything, just left a subtle trail behind the character or some DBZ style force aura

If we can have invisible shoes I think we could have invisible gliders too!

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Anet could charge money for no new textures! Brilliant!

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Mo Mo.1947

oh I didn’t notice that thread sorry >.<

Mo Mo.1947

This might sound really…really funny, but hear me out.

There is no glider, instead the player’s character has their arms out while gliding and making a ‘whooosing’ sound.

When they hit an updraft, their arms rapidly flap up and down and they sound distressed perhaps.

When they do a speed-boost forward, they intensify their ‘whoooosish’ sound they make from their mouth.

You can be creative with the stealth dodge, but that’s all I want.

Thanks!

That’s an extension of the invisible glider idea, sounds great

I like the invisible glider ideas. Like this one for sure, but I was also thinking maybe things like the DBZ energy auras that they have when they fly in that show There’s so much subtlety that could be made brilliant with no visible glider as the base idea!

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

A cape like that of Batman or Superman.

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Scarlet wings backpieces need to be converted into glider skins.

Add a blurry field effect between the blades and a jet effect on the exhaust pipes.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Dyeable Jetpack or miniature pact airship. Orrrrr just something techy.

I agree with a sci-fi glider

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

A slab of granite. Magical granite. It just works.

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

You could do a Glider for each dragon and one for each God that matches with the armor of each God.

Now, How about letting US dye our wings instead of selling the same wings painted in different ways.

Good Day!

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Not sure if said already, but a Monkey King cloud or Goku’s “Flying Nimbus” would’ve been perfect for the Lunar Year.

And if characters use a “surf” animation like Charr on a broom I’d like to have a surf board “Silver Surfer” style.

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Has anyone besides me suggested new functionality? I’m all for cool glider skins, but does nobody else want glider skills, barrel rolls, diving, or other new mechanics?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Has anyone besides me suggested new functionality? I’m all for cool glider skins, but does nobody else want glider skills, barrel rolls, diving, or other new mechanics?

Has been suggested. In this very thread. I think someone recommended flying combat.
…>.>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Tempered Spinal Blades in Red/Green/Blue/Gold (the existing 4 colours).

These were worn by Scarlet’s legendary assault knights and already have assets for flying about. It shouldn’t be toooo much work to make the backs work as gliders for players (which would be awesome!).

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Tempered Spinal Blades in Red/Green/Blue/Gold (the existing 4 colours).

These were worn by Scarlet’s legendary assault knights and already have assets for flying about. It shouldn’t be toooo much work to make the backs work as gliders for players (which would be awesome!).

I’d love to be able to use my Spinal Blades as a gliding jetpack. Wearing Dynamic version on my Teef atm.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Make some of the current toys into gliders.

Such as:

Magic Carpet
Broom
Kites
Balloons
etc.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A slab of granite. Magical granite. It just works.

It will work if it has googly eyes. Pet Rock Glider time!

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I love the golden wings glider. It looks cool and the unfold / deploy animation is really nice.

The sound with that low frequency feedback or stutter effect reminds me strongly of Revenant though.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Should this be merged with the main thread? Or maybe just moved to the main forum now that gliding is everywhere?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Glider-Skins-merged/page/3

EDIT: Looks like my comments from two separate glider threads have been merged into this one, hence the duplicate merging suggestion.

(edited by Zoltar MacRoth.7146)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well, the main thread isn’t for feedback on existing gliders, but suggestions and ideas for new ones. There may be an existing thread specifically about the Golden Wings, though.

Ithilwen, I’m not sure what stutter you mean. I can hear some chiming/tinkling sounds, especially on lean-forward, though they are sadly mostly masked by the soaring wind sound.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Anvil.

We so need an anvil.

SBI

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Anvil.

We so need an anvil.

Press F to repair equipment while flying? I’m so in for this! +1

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Jhoul.6923

Rocket Glider!

Helicopter fan Glider!

Squirrel glider!

Guild Flag Glider!

Potato Glider!

Employee of the month Glider! (It has a pic of Gaile Gray for being so awesome)

Profession Glider! (it changes with each Prof and Elite Spec) (and let it be original, not just a change in the logo)

Paper Airplane Glider!

Edit: Pants Glider! (For the lack of pants in light armor)

Fart balloon Glider (it makes a constant fart sound like when you fill a balloon and let it go)

(edited by Jhoul.6923)

Jhoul.6923

Glider of the Lost!!!! ( The important characters that have died appear gliding on top of you like a ghost!!!) I would cry every time I would look at it.

(btw ANET, have you read how many glider ideas I have given without saying bird wings? in any of them? #ItIsPosible #IfiCouldDoItYouCanDoItToo)