Glider Suggestions? Share Them Here!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

anything that does not require you to buy it in the gem store…

Posted by: taintedfire.3860

taintedfire.3860

I’d love a flying broom glider please! ^^

Attachments:

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I would really like a Jetpack glider!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Someone mentioned 4-6 win gliders, well how about Mursaat Wing Glider? With the way the raid is going…

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I would love a plant glider with flowers.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: Alienrace.6578

Alienrace.6578

I would also like to have a plant glider, but I would prefer using leaves as wings. A leaf glider if you will. It would be a must-have for any Sylvari and it would go great with the entire HoT jungle theme.

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

I want a turtle shell glider, like the kaiju “Gamera”. Mostly because I want a turtle shell backpack though lol.

Posted by: GrandPaladinTyrux.5918

GrandPaladinTyrux.5918

Each of the Elite Specs should have their own, unique glider skin for sure, preferably unlocked alongside their weapon collection. Ideas:

Dragonhunter – Wings of Resolve, glowing blue guardian magic wings

Herald – Glint’s wings, gleaming crystallized dragon wings

Berserker – A metal frame ignited with flames, with some carved designs similar to their torch

Scrapper – Gyro helicopter wings

Druid – Glowing celestial wings

Daredevil – A flowing black cloak

Tempest – Magical wings based on your current attunement, either made of flame, lightning, water or stone

Chronomancer – Glowing pink-purple butterfly wings

Reaper – A skeletal form shrouded in a glowing green and black covering

Now for various other gliders:

-Guild glider, with the guild emblem on them purchased from the Guild Vendor

-Pact Glider, and Gliders for each Order. Order gliders are obtained with the ascended backpiece, Pact Glider when you have all three

-Wings of Mordremoth, from the Migraine achievement or a drop from the Mouth of Mordremoth

-Wings of Zhaitan, from completing the Personal Story

-Glide-o-Matic (Golem glider)

-Asuran Holo-Glider (Complete HoT story as an Asura)

-Charr Industrial Glider (Complete HoT story as a Charr)

-Norn Spirit of Raven Wings (Complete HoT story as a Norn)

-Sylvari Wings of Ventari (Complete HoT story as a Sylvari)

-Human Ascent of the Gods wings (Complete HoT story as a Human)

-Broomstick

-Magic Carpet

-Juvenile Fire Wyvern (Taming said Wyvern with your Ranger)

-Juvenile Electric Wyvern (Taming said Wyvern with your Ranger)

-Infantile Cloud glider (Complete all of SaB on Infantile mode, a cloud glider that trails rainbows and makes happy noises)

-Tribulation Cloud glider (Complete all of SaB on Tribulation mode, a storm cloud glider that makes angry noises, trails thunder, and occasionally plays notes from the SaB metal remix)

-Wings of the Sunless (Drop from Tequatl)

-Chak Swarm (A swarm of flying chak keeping you in the air, drop from Chak Gerant)

-Black Lion Skin gliders (perhaps from collecting all the skins in each group)

-As many backpieces that work as gliders as possible

-Super Beedog Wings

-King Toad Glider (Beat King Toad on Tribulation Mode)

-Storm Wizard Glider (Beat the Storm Wizard on Tribulation Mode)

-Bloodstone Fragment Wings (Drop from Matthias)

-Modified Flame Crucible (A modification of Sabetha’s backpiece, drop from Sabetha)

-NEEEEEEEEORW, the player holds out their arms, wears an aviator cap, and makes airplane noises. When falling, looks down, and falls like in cartoons

-Mad King’s Glider – A fiery pumpkin glider, drop from Trick or Treat bags

-Skeletal Glider – A simple skeleton glider, also from Trick or Treat bags

-Guild Wars glider (A recolor of the HoT glider, made black and red or white and red)

-

Grand Paladin Tyrux [RoFR]
Human Dragonhunter
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

Grappling Hooks — shoot a ‘hook’ in the sky to fly and automatically shoot another while you have endurance or catch wind vortices. You fall when you run out of rope and have to take time to gather your rope to shoot another hook. It doesn’t have to catch on anything … it’s magic. (like everything else in the game)

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

Could you include an option to assign a different key for gliding or – even better – an option to toggle the gliding off? Pretty please? It would resolve the issue of accidentially opening the glider in jumping puzzles without hurting anybody.

Posted by: Zoberraz.2694

Zoberraz.2694

I’m going to add my voice to wanting somekind of plant-based glider that’d actually have a chance to match the leafy parts of my Sylvari cultural armor.

Pretty please.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Has anyone suggested something like a Shade/Chaos Beast/Shadow Fiend? Stretch it into a glider shape and have whispy dark streamers trailing. Make it look like an abused balloon when the glider is activated and have it pop when deactivated. Sound can be the beast’s normal sounds.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Has anyone suggested something like a Shade/Chaos Beast/Shadow Fiend? Stretch it into a glider shape and have whispy dark streamers trailing. Make it look like an abused balloon when the glider is activated and have it pop when deactivated. Sound can be the beast’s normal sounds.

To one up this: We kill 4 different specific Shade type bosses, to get parts, thrown in the forge, and boom, Shade Rug for the guild hall.. er… glider.

Posted by: Stone.7563

Stone.7563

Here’s an idea… put some in the game to earn! Dungeon tokens, rare drops from creatures, achievements, and world bosses! Thanks.

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Here’s an idea… put some in the game to earn! Dungeon tokens, rare drops from creatures, achievements, and world bosses! Thanks.

Uhmmm you do realise the two most awesome gliders are earned in game ? Ad Infinitum and Asencaion gliders FYI . But I mean sure I would like some that drop from somewhere , like a couple , however since gliders sell like hot cakes and the premise that has been established – I’m almost sure they’ll remain largely gemstore only – much like outfits . Which is fine , as it’s a great source of revenue and Anet is a business , and the business of business is business. I think expecting gliders from dungeon tokens is EXTREMELY unrealistic

Posted by: Ice Man.8465

Ice Man.8465

How about a glider that looks like your on a surf board.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

All i want are the Spine Blades made into gliders, whether they’re separate items or unlocked when you get the Spinal Blades, I really don’t care. They’re already basically jet packs, add a little fire to the vents and they’re already the best gliders available.

OR, if you dont want to do that, add a “null” glider that lets you just keep your current back piece and you float as per normal. Then I’ll have my Spinal Blade gliders.

Do this.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I would love to see some kind of nature themed glider thats made out of plants. Vines with flowers/nature magic perhaps?

I also love GrandPaladinTyrux glider ideas. It would also be cool to see some rare gliders tied to Maguuma/Tyrian World Bosses too.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I searched and didn’t see anyone mention the Molten Jetpack from the old dungeon a few years ago! There is a fractal now but the Jetpack doesn’t drop anymore so the price on the TP (if there are still any left) is extremely high! Come on, Anet, its a jetpack!

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I’d also really love an invisible glider and a gliding pose of the character instead. Doesn’t even have to have flappy arms but just a character jumping off a cliff going JERONIMOOOOO without even having a glider and then gliding would be sooooo fun!

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I’d also really love an invisible glider and a gliding pose of the character instead. Doesn’t even have to have flappy arms but just a character jumping off a cliff going JERONIMOOOOO without even having a glider and then gliding would be sooooo fun!

T-pose glider.

Attachments:

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

superhero gliding, just changes your pose to a super hero flight pose while having no glider on your back.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Just walk glider. You just walk through the air because you are the boss and gravity is no one to tell you what you have to do. No new animations required, although if your toon could walk-float with the hands in his/her pockets it would be awesome.

Also, Ironman style gliding.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I know this is an old topic now that was already brought up around Valentine’s Day, but I was kind of hoping that the wings of love glider would eventually be updated to include a backpiece skin with the same sort of wings. (The golden wings and hawk wings have the same exact shape!) Was there ever a final decision made on this subject?

I would really like to have the same skin when I’m running around as when I’m gliding without having to permanently closet my wings of love glider, but if there’s no hope of that ever happening then I would like to know, too. Thoughts?

Attachments:

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I know this is an old topic now that was already brought up around Valentine’s Day, but I was kind of hoping that the wings of love glider would eventually be updated to include a backpiece skin with the same sort of wings. (The golden wings and hawk wings have the same exact shape!) Was there ever a final decision made on this subject?

I would really like to have the same skin when I’m running around as when I’m gliding without having to permanently closet my wings of love glider, but if there’s no hope of that ever happening then I would like to know, too. Thoughts?

They probably will, next Valentine’s day.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

They probably will, next Valentine’s day.

I actually wouldn’t mind waiting if I knew for sure they would do it lol. I was just wondering if anyone knew or remembered if they said anything one way or the other. :P

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

If you look at the pricing model, the Wings of Love sold for only 400 gems, meaning it was meant to be a glider, and not a backpack. The combos are normally priced around 700 gems.

But yes, perhaps next year they’ll offer the option to upgrade

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

I think a jet-pack styled glider (not a back piece) would be cool for the usual 400 gems.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s a Sticky above directing one to the appropriate thread(s).

Good luck.

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

There’s a Sticky above directing one to the appropriate thread(s).

Good luck.

Ok, thanks!

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Fire glider like Iroh Man!

Attachments:

Posted by: Raziel Shivla.7526

Raziel Shivla.7526

Just one (oh, how revolutionary!) suggestion. Glider obtainable as a drop/reward from PvE/PvP/WvW content, not gemstore-exclusive or crafting-exclusive.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Ho-Ho-Tron will find fulfillment and gainful employment if he figures out how to become a Glide-r-Tron.

~EW

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Magic Carpet Glider
Witch’s Broom Stick Glider

Make it happen!

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Yes Please!

Im not a programmer but it would seem like all you have to do is tell the game to not go into the glider skin mode when the carpet or broom is being used. Just a hunch, might be a bit more complicated then that, but if its not to hard…. plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz <3

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

I know this topic has been briefly mentioned before, but ANET how about making the Shattered and Sunless wings into gliders? Though the best bit is they don’t block the view or npcs of course but the many/few that have them would like to see it made so (as previous threads). You’ve converted the bulky wings why not S1 wings as well? GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

(edited by Tasida.4085)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Likely, this is where the Devs look for suggestions:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Glider-Suggestions-Share-Them-Here/first#post5981776

Good luck.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Tasida.4085

I know this topic has been briefly mentioned before, but ANET how about making the Shattered and Sunless wings into gliders. Those of us that have them have asked in the past for them to be made so….GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The problem with doing this is that those items are not available for people, and would just serve to make already incredibly rare items more in demand. I think if they were to go down this route with things like the Molten Jetpack, Shattered Wings, Spinal Blades, or Sunless Wings, they’d have to bring them back and make them available to players in some fashion.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Technically it is still very much possible to get the Spinal Blades back item.

Tasida.4085

The problem with doing this is that those items are not available for people, and would just serve to make already incredibly rare items more in demand. I think if they were to go down this route with things like the Molten Jetpack, Shattered Wings, Spinal Blades, or Sunless Wings, they’d have to bring them back and make them available to players in some fashion.

They can simply do as they are now by re-colouring them. That way latecomers can have them as well but the first years can keep the originals. GAME ON

(edited by Tasida.4085)

Posted by: Aderyn.1350

Aderyn.1350

I’d love to see a dragonfly wings glider that might complement the glitter wings backpack.

Posted by: Dessan.9420

Dessan.9420

As a happy owner of static spinal blades, I was running around verdant brink yesterday, and as I leapt of a cliff I thought to myself – Dang, wouldn’t it be be cool as hell if my static spinal blades didn’t disappear while I’m in mid-air to be replaced by whatever glider skin I have equipped, but instead unfurled so I could glide on them?

So, basically, what do you guys think about a glider skin that didn’t override your back-piece, but instead – if it was viable, e.g. the above-mentioned spinal blades, or the feathery wings from the gemstore, or wings of ascension – incorporated it into the gliding animation? I’d imagine it would take quite a bit of work to make animations for all of viable items, but I know I would buy it from the gemstore the day it came out.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I just checked the gem store >_>

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

it was made long before gliding was put in the game, like 2 years ago, and it’s a toy not a backpiece.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Flying carpet glider skin, that actually sounds amazing. ANET PLS

Multiple Class Disorder

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

additionally dwaynas wings as glider, and the legendary backpacks ofc. since they are wings already

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

it was made long before gliding was put in the game, like 2 years ago, and it’s a toy not a backpiece.

Black feather wings were also released a long time ago, and we got a free glider skin if we owned them when HoT released

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Black feather wings were also released a long time ago, and we got a free glider skin if we owned them when HoT released

The black feather wings are a backpack. This is not. It’s a totally different category of items that’s not even armor related like the backpacks are. The main problem though is that it would also require reworking the flying animation to a sitting animation, which means it’s not a simple fix of putting a new skin on a glider like the wings were.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)