in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Wut

Gliding in Central Tyria confirmed!

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I don’t recognize the map, what if it’s a return to orr?

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

it’s Malchor’s Leap lmao

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

what the heck I saw a post and when I reloaded it was gone

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

the fact that that_shaman posted it, and it’s not april first, lends this more credibility than I might have otherwise given it.

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

he literally just recorded it from the stream

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

he literally just recorded it from the stream

I realize that. But if it had come from some unknown person I would have speculated the possibility of someone doing some video editing to make it look like something it wasn’t.

And since I’m at work and couldn’t watch the video, I had nothing else to go by. shrug

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

More grinding, great news

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Finally…I hope this is all over the game, it’s badly needed for those of us coming back from the HoT areas, we’re too used to the glider. Now if they could put it in…dare I say it, WvW?

Attachments:

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

I’m so glad you all enjoyed that!

Posted by: AESOkami.1072

AESOkami.1072

It’s DEFINITELY confirmed since a dev replied to this

Really excited for this. Was getting bored and disappointed with Heart of Thorns and GW2 overall, and it’s great to see exciting new content.

The Elder Dragons could’ve been great if they weren’t victims of piss poor writing.

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

OK I like teasing content and stuff as much as anyone, but it would be too cruel to just … show that off on the dev client all “Haha look what we can do in the office and you will never have it muahaha!”

I would never, ever do that, I swear.

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

OK I like teasing content and stuff as much as anyone, but it would be too cruel to just … show that off on the dev client all “Haha look what we can do in the office and you will never have it muahaha!”

D: that would cause a riot big enough to destroy LA…. Again

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

And every single jumping puzzle in the game just became trivialized and you can bet countless players will find ways to skip most of the hard parts.

GJ.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

And every single jumping puzzle in the game just became trivialized and you can bet countless players will find ways to skip most of the hard parts.

GJ.

HA. No, not trivialized. You still have to climb UP. You can’t glide upwards if they don’t include updrafts into the old stuff.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

GJ.

Unless they put updrafts in the Jp’s there’s not gonna be to many skipping
after all most -if not all- go UP not down only thing this will allow is maybe some recovery of the JP if you fall off instead falling to your death / starting over and most old zones are flat vs H.O.T i see more advantages with map complete with things like vista’s and point of interests than Jp’s

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

GJ.

Like log out in front of the Chest?

If someone want to “exploit” using the glider to find a better way to do the jp ( and i’m not sure it could exist… also, after a bunch of years of gw2 plus halloween/xmas, jp are still cool but not hard ), it wont be a problem.

To me, it’s a great idea ( maybe, unlocked on “old tyria” by completing most of the HoT masteries, to let the new players explore the old tyria by walking ).

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Let the map breaking begin! >:)

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Please tease a new fractal the next time! Thx.

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

“Enjoyed” is an understatement.

I can’t think of a way to express my extreme excitement with any emote, gif, or video so I’m just going to post this picture of my character when she found out that she will be able to start gliding all over her home town soon:

Attachments:

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I think it made a lot players very excited. I’ve found that many people even like exploring old areas, when it is done in new ways. I usually call it the metroidvania effect, but that is my own way of looking at things.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

GJ.

Wrong.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

GJ.

Mesmer portals would like a word with you.

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

GJ.

Mesmer portals would like a word with you.

Boom. Shot down.

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

OMG!

This is great! This is awesome!

<3

Seriously! I died yesterday jumping off the cliff in old Tyria. Once more I forgot I can’t glide outside The Jungle. No more of that

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

Very cool!

When? [Approximation/intended target perfectly acceptable, and we understand it could be delayed.]

How do we get it?
[Tyrian mastery points? I have all 49 and count an additional 17 available, but these are rather challenging things like Living Season 2 story mastery, collections, Silverwastes golden lost badges, etc.]

[Maguuma mastery points? I have all 112 (161 total but missing the 2 from the raid) and count an additional 23 available, but these are from crazy difficult things like gold in many of the adventures, plus a few random less difficult things.]

If it needs mastery points to unlock (a fair expectation IMHO) there might need to be more points added to the game unless they want it limited to the very few who can manage to do everything.

Kind of makes me wonder if this is coming with a big content addition … something like Living Season 3 (assuming this is the next stage in the GW2 story). Makes me think we might have a bit of a wait ahead.

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

Also this makes the falldmg trait worthless and they can finally replace it with something good for pvp.

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Perhaps fix your game before you implement new stuff.

Piken Square

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

Perhaps fix your game before you implement new stuff.

Then we’ll never get new stuff…

Chill out. Yes there is plenty wrong and to be fixed in GW2, but at the same time this is a very welcome addition.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

GJ.

So what?

As long as people enjoy it, why bother caring about those minorities who don’t want people to get nice stuffs?

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Bet its locked behind some epic journey of grinding adventures and jumping puzzles.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I hope its locked behind an epic journey of adventures and puzzles, nothing is fun if you just get it handed to you like your a 5 year old self entitled child. Long term goals with a real reward that is not +x power is a rare and good thing.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

the old content was not designed in prospect that someone could “fly” over it, probably will cause hundreds of bugs and glitchs. im against. anyway gliding its better as fast travel mechanism, better than horrible mounts(ugh!).

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

GJ.

I’d advise you to take a deep breath, thinki, and make a list of jp’s, then think of a way in which this would make them significantly easier. Then post that list here. I’m certain you will find that list to be way shorter than you might think. In fact, offhand i can think of only one such jp (Behem gauntlet)… well, maybe two (pig iron mine might also be easier, though i think that the height difference between beginning and end is too small for gliding to work there).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I hope its locked behind an epic journey of adventures and puzzles, nothing is fun if you just get it handed to you like your a 5 year old self entitled child. Long term goals with a real reward that is not +x power is a rare and good thing.

This post and ones like it are why HoT happened. Bought the game? Good, now go grind like a robot to unlock something. I don’t care about gliding in Tyria one way or the other but I’m fed up hearing players call other players entitled. You sound bitter, I’m over this.

Also it’s you’re not your. Just like this is our not your game.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

GJ.

Like log out in front of the Chest?

If someone want to “exploit” using the glider to find a better way to do the jp ( and i’m not sure it could exist… also, after a bunch of years of gw2 plus halloween/xmas, jp are still cool but not hard ), it wont be a problem.

To me, it’s a great idea ( maybe, unlocked on “old tyria” by completing most of the HoT masteries, to let the new players explore the old tyria by walking ).

yeah exactly. it’s not like people can’t already game JPs & chests through parked alts and mesmer portals… gliding to a JP in many cases is just an alternative way to solve the problem, which will only be available to players that have played their way through HOT… seems pretty fair & reasonable to me.

gliding everywhere including WVW maps would really lift the game IMO. WVW would require additional work of course to prevent trivialising objectives, eg: guards or turrets that shoot down gliders, or gusts that keep players out etc, but it’s totally doable.

In fact the dessert BL map is really crying out for gliding IMHO.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

It would be amazing in instances too like fractals. and in new wvw maps.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

This post and ones like it are why HoT happened. Bought the game? Good, now go grind like a robot to unlock something. I don’t care about gliding in Tyria one way or the other but I’m fed up hearing players call other players entitled. You sound bitter, I’m over this.

There’s a difference between grinding the same events/puzzles over and over and over just to get the XP/Item/Whatever, and doing a lot of events and puzzles once to get the XP/Item/Whatever.

A tiny example: the Wintersday Grawl event. You go to three locations, at each location you do one thing. Once that is done, you go to a JP of each of the unique races (Human, Norn, Sylvari, Asura, Charr and Risen [technically not a race, but they do have their own style]) once to get a certain item.
It’s not really big enough to be an epic journey (but then it’s only a wintersday event). But the template is there…

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

“ugrakarma.9416

the old content was not designed in prospect that someone could “fly” over it, probably will cause hundreds of bugs and glitchs. im against. anyway gliding its better as fast travel mechanism, better than horrible mounts(ugh!)."
Pro tip: Simply don’t glide if you don’t want. /solved

As for how to “earn” Tyrian gliding: I have honestly little faith that Anet tries to think of something interesting, instead of locking it behind – for me – terribly boring xp event-only grinds. Sorry but not-so-HoT showed me that doing (small) events for ~20k xp over and over and over and over to fill the the bar requiring ~1million xp is nothing I would feel really motivated doing (and that was only for mastery level 4?). There must be a compromisse between that and avoiding the QQ of hardcores for – according to their questionable interpretation – “wanting everything on a silver platter (pathetic bait argument!)”. Maybe something like optional one-time tasks to do something relelvant + related to the mastery, where you get an “important” quest item and upon completion you get xx% of the required xp towards the tyrian gliding mastery.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

something as epic as this needs locked behind billions of xp not millions.

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I’d be pretty surprised if they added a whole new Mastery for Tyrian gliding instead of just making it a thing you unlock in Heart of Thorns regions that carries over to Tyria when you leave it.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

WHEN?? So stoked for this, i can’t wait to float around Timberline Falls!!!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

something as epic as this needs locked behind billions of xp not millions.

No.

And the moment this hits…

I’M JUMPING OFF OF MOUNT MAELSTROM! To Fiery Death!

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: zeldara.4127

zeldara.4127

GJ.

It could actually add to the difficulty as well. Overshooting and/or not seeing the landingspot by being overshadowed by the wings folding out and gliding. Working around wings popping at inconvenient times makes jumping a lot harder. I’m not actually sure gliding in jp’s is a plus.

And there are very few areas it will actually be helpfull as you basically can do just much longer “jumps with a less steep angle down”. And you can land yourself in a lot of places here that prevent you dying instead of falling down, that might get you into unrecoverable spaces jp wise (aka not being able to get back to a point where you can continue the jp). But I could save a few deaths, but it can also cause drops down you otherwise would not have had (see overshooting).

But Jp’s aside. It would be fun to be able to glide on core Tyria, gives some new stuff to do and ways to view it. But if they implement it i sure hope it’s available for everyone with HoT with the mastery unlocked (those two are locical as that’s needed to unlock gliding in the first place) and not locked behind stuff only the top end players (skill, wealth or available time) can reach.

(edited by zeldara.4127)

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

I’m fed up hearing players call other players entitled. You sound bitter, I’m over this.

This. So this. I absolutely agree. I’m really sick of those people. I wish they’d go back to WoW or some other game and just stop ruining every multiplayer game they can find.

Irony is that I’ve found most of those who go around calling us entitled turn out to be Democrats. xD

I don’t care if the gliders are “earned” or not. Technically we already “earned” them in the Heart of Thorns areas, and in my opinion it would be a complete waste of paying customers’ time and energy to add yet another mastery to either category for gliding.

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Somebody mentioned the fall damage reduction traits. That was something I hadn’t considered should gliders go full access for everywhere. On the one hand, they might need to stay so players who don’t have access to HoT can still make certain otherwise deadly jumps, but on the other hand, if they’re dumped it might also give us access to new traits which could greatly shake up or improve build diversity.

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

lol so this is what passes for new & exciting content?