Guild Halls for small guilds

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gasaraki.5967

Gasaraki.5967

Hi,

Me and my friends made a small guild(6 people) and I was wondering if that will that be enough to claim a guild hall? Does the capture event scale with the number of people in the guild or will only guild with a set amount of member be allowed to get guild halls?

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Nobody knows yet, but a lot of the information suggests allowing smaller guilds to participate.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

This question has come up multiple times, and they haven’t said anything about it. From the trailer, it looks like there was 10-15 players doing the event. Im sure with more people it would scale a lot higher. I don’t think they will really about the process of claiming because from the lifestream it sounds like there is a story behind why we’re taking it.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Posted by: Gasaraki.5967

Gasaraki.5967

Thanks for the answers

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

Actually there was an answer to these and other questions during one of the live streams. The reply was that we who are in small guilds need to rethink what a guild is.

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

It would be a shame if they denied Guild Halls to small guilds, during the CDI it was something that was mentioned time and again that people wanted Guild Halls accessable to all guilds, a small guild would just have to spend longer working on it.

I also wonder if ANet has a different idea of what size a small guild is. To me a small guild is one that normally consists of family and close friends and probably has no more than 4 or 5 players on at any one time., I wonder if ANet considers a guild with 10 or 11 members on at any time to be a small guild.

One option for us in small guilds might be to have a temporary rank and invite members of other small guilds on a temporary basis just to try and get the initial guild hall, we would then recipricate the favour and join their guild as a temporary member to help them get their hall.

However what I have read leads me to believe that we will have to do missions to gain any favour to improve the hall and missions are aimed at 6 players minimum (I believe) so as we rarely have more than 3 or 4 members on at any one time we are unlikely to be able to do missions.

Posted by: Phage.9203

Phage.9203

I might try to do it solo
Probably won’t work but maybe you can just ask people that are near the location to join you?

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

Six online at the same time would be good for my small guild. We are all very active but we are all good friends. We will recruit if people ask about it but we don’t openly recruit.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: Tarnicus.2865

Tarnicus.2865

Actually there was an answer to these and other questions during one of the live streams. The reply was that we who are in small guilds need to rethink what a guild is.

:(

I’d rather Anet rethink what a guild is. It is different for everyone. I’ve run and been in enough medium to large sized guilds this lifetime and prefer to play the way I enjoy. It is a shame that means not having access to a feature that can be a wonderful creative outlet. Perhaps Anet could take a look at housing in Rift and see the amazing creations that are offered and are available to each individual, rather than enforcing large group play that many are not interested in.

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

I think small guild will have the same problem than when the guild mission got out.

You can’t really content everyone. A guilde of 6 peoples is a group XD.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ll more than likely be helping any guild claim the Hall the first week or so. Hopefully it’ll only take the first day or two to get everyone set up. Lot’s of personal and family guild though. Just hoping Anet raises the amount of Guilds we can join. I assume most of us are 5/5 right now.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Can you provide a link or transcript of this part pls?

To me, it seems one of the most kittened decision ever, I’m honestly tired of things gated to “minimum of X players required” (with X > 5, the size of the party in GW2). Ofc I’m not talking about open world events, but everything else “instanced”. Not everyone likes to be in a zerg/semi-zerg guild.

Posted by: thomdane.3670

thomdane.3670

Well, Destiny’s Edge, the main Guild present in the Guild wars universe, my Personal Story, and Living World content, is comprised of 5 people now, and was 6 before Snaff died. Same with Destiny’s Edge 2.0, and they are omnipresent in all of the Living Story releases. I can tell you now, having played with my Guild across all aspects of the game, my small Guild is WAY better than those 2 Guilds at clearing things, and they are supposed to be the creme de la creme lol.

In all seriousness, though, I do not believe my Guild, nor myself, should have to rethink what a “Guild” is. We have been together for over 6 years across 2 games. That’s longer than most marriages last. We have always remained a small group, because we feel that it is easier to play with like-minded people, and without painting with too broad of strokes here, the more people you have, the more personality conflicts you have (see: real world interactions between people at work, Walmart, the mall, restaurants and other social functions.)

We do not recruit all that often, and even then we only recruit a very few people. We are truly the friendliest people you will ever meet, so please don’t confuse being selective with being elitist. I just think that we need some clarification on some details in this matter. I was able to make my Guild with Myself and 2 other people when we first started coming over to GW2. I think that if they wanted to build content that was going to need a certain amount of players to be in a Guild to complete, they should have put a min requirement on the players needed to create a Guild. They said I should be able to “play as I want”, and I don’t want to have to have a large Guild to have and upgrade a Guild Hall, because I didn’t have to have a large number of people to make it or progress it at least somewhat in its current form.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/
I quote Colin: “To make playing in our open world worthwhile, we’ll make it rewarding enough for players to spend their time there across all levels. It’s extremely important that we stay true to our philosophy that you should be able to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to play the game in order to reach the most powerful rewards.”

I am Eredon Terrace
Order of the Blue Heron [OTBH]
Arathorn Cirdon – Warrior | Ariana Cirdon – Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Guilds and Guild Halls size worries me. After exploring & doing & seeing everything to see. Will it feel like one of does empty cities in Tyria? I’m hoping & crossing my fingers not. & i ’m sure they plan for it. Thk God for the arena to keep you social & busy.

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

It has already been stated that small guilds were taken into consideration for the new Guild Hall system. That being said….

Guild Wars 2 appears to be centered around the number 5 in many ways. Party size, average number needed to complete guild missions, amount needed to easily take down a champion. How many are allowed in dungeons…etc…etc

My bet is that if your guild has 5 active members you should be good. Or if your a solo Guild maybe LFG solely for help to claim your hall? No Recruiting in the LFG it for finding groups to help with content. So I believe if your lacking numbers LFG & the community at large will come to your aid!

That being said. It appears clear ANet is not 100% on board with the 100% rep only guilds. I have never been one for 100% rep! With the changes to guild chat I would belong to at least 5, 1) your guild, 2) your storage guild, 3-5 other guilds. Also, be sure to invite your non-representing guild member to any event you are going to do. You’ll find that many will swap back to your guild and help out. They may not stay reping, but hey! You go the help you needed they got some loot and they are after all in your guild

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

In the blog post, their example of “small guilds” was 15. If they had said 5, I’d have been less worried.
That said my guild consists of 3 people, one of whom is my sister-who-moved-abroad. Having a guild hall would be pretty amazing for us to customize and play around with together. I don’t expect to get far in constructing all the buildings and such, but at least I’d like to just own a hall for our small but cozy guild.

Seth Moonshadow.2710

In the blog post, their example of “small guilds” was 15.

I must have missed that can you link it please?

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

but Destiny’s Edge was a guild (according to GW2 lore) and they were only 5 people… come on anet… – but yeah looking at the types of guild chatting that they’re bringing in, i can see small guilds banding together in rudimentary alliances

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Hopefully, guilds smaller than 15 will be able to enjoy guild halls. It’s such a huge part of the expansion, it would too sad otherwise.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

In a guild of 6 IRL friends, with no wish to expand larger. I hope that Anet considers this “a small guild”. If not, a major selling point of HoT(which should have been included at the original release of GW2, IMO) is “not for us”.
Probably there will be alliances of small guilds. But that would be an inconvenience. We had a guild hall in GW1, why would they make guild halls something exclusive to larger groups? What purpose does that serve, excluding (what Anet may consider) very small guilds?

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

In the blog post, their example of “small guilds” was 15.

I must have missed that can you link it please?

I am certain that I’ve read or heard it somewhere, but now I simply can’t find it in the blog posts. I happily recant the number, since that means there’s still hope for us small guilds. Though I’m not sure how 15 has stuck with me if I didn’t read it in a blog post. Maybe it was from one of their streams.

I’ll look around for it a bit more, because I’m sure I’ve read it somewhere!

Posted by: XatraZaytrax.2601

XatraZaytrax.2601

I just finished reading the expectations for building a guild hall and it has made me very angry. I have a small guild of about five or six people I know and trust. But they work full time and I end up playing by myself a lot.

I have belonged to larger guilds and have been treated poorly, so I make do with my small guild. It was fine, because I could earn enough guild experience to do upgrades by myself. I never cheated and purchased upgrades with gold.

Now I feel as if I will be cheated on this expansion because I will NEVER be able to upgrade my guild hall because I cannot do those guild missions by myself. I hate the way ANET seems to always force people to play this game the way they want them to play.

I don’t enjoy being forced to partner with strangers who make fun of you or say mean things or kick you from a group because you don’t have the “proper build” or “proper armor.” They did that with those achievements for the last story missions and now they are doing it again. They need to rethink how people actually play this game, not their pie-in-the-sky concept. I know I am not the only one who spends a great deal of time doing solo stuff because I want to hang with aren’t available.

thomdane.3670

Bump
/lessthan15chars

I am Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Tribal Sage.5642

Tribal Sage.5642

Hi,

Me and my friends made a small guild(6 people) and I was wondering if that will that be enough to claim a guild hall? Does the capture event scale with the number of people in the guild or will only guild with a set amount of member be allowed to get guild halls?

They stated that a smaller guild could do it but it will take a lot longer.

Posted by: Winter.1374

Winter.1374

and if it doesnt work out that well, claiming the guild hall with a small guild that has a hard time getting every1 online at the same time due to RL.. (pause to gasp for air)

why not stick together as small guilds, help eachother out?

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

it was in the live stream. a small guild is ~15 players, anything smaller isn’t worth anet’s time.

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/17/gw2-e3-guild-hall-livestream-notes/

you, me, and the rest of us <15 are going to have to find big guilds or just accept we don’t get this content.

alternatively, if there had been alliances, we may have had a chance

thomdane.3670

From Colin Johanson:
Lord.4270:
Hi,
We are a guild of 3 guys . We love WWW.
With Guild halls , we will have to do guild missions.
So why we have to do puzzle jump and things like this , when in this game we just love killing people on the battlefield !
Why can t we play as we want .. ??

ColinJohanson:
HoT will include a solution for this for both guilds that are WvW, and PvP oriented that want to build and expand their Guild Halls and need the favor generated by guild missions. Same goes for guilds that have a mix of players interested in all three. More info down the road a bit on how this will work once we’ve got it a little more solid on our end.
Edited to add: Everyone will have to do the actual mission to capture the guild hall once per hall though no matter what. If your group online is too small, you’ll need to invite friends (or pay/beg/sing-songs-to-woo peeps in Lion’s Arch!) to come with you and help you claim the guild hall to own one. Or you could always grow your guild

I am Eredon Terrace

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

From Colin Johanson:
Lord.4270:
Hi,
So why we have to do puzzle jump and things like this , when in this game we just love killing people on the battlefield !

ColinJohanson:
HoT will include a solution for this for both guilds that are WvW, and PvP oriented that want to build and expand their Guild Halls and need the favor generated by guild missions. Same goes for guilds that have a mix of players interested in all three. More info down the road a bit on how this will work once we’ve got it a little more solid on our end.
Edited to add: Everyone will have to do the actual mission to capture the guild hall once per hall though no matter what. If your group online is too small, you’ll need to invite friends (or pay/beg/sing-songs-to-woo peeps in Lion’s Arch!) to come with you and help you claim the guild hall to own one. Or you could always grow your guild

In other words

“If you aren’t at least 15 people, you aren’t a guild”

RIP – SSW
Founded June 1st 2006

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

I hope they allow non guild members to join the group to fight enemies for your guild hall so you can at least get help for it, and if theres loot rewards as well that would give them inventive to help other guilds.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I hope they allow non guild members to join the group to fight enemies for your guild hall so you can at least get help for it, and if theres loot rewards as well that would give them inventive to help other guilds.

They will. Later in the same thread as the above quote from Colin, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/HELP-We-don-t-want-guild-mission/first#post5202966

“And no – you don’t need people to be in your guild to help you capture it. Bring friendly guilds to help you out, ask nicely in Lion’s Arch, etc.”

Jaxom.7310

They will. Later in the same thread as the above quote from Colin, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/HELP-We-don-t-want-guild-mission/first#post5202966

“And no – you don’t need people to be in your guild to help you capture it. Bring friendly guilds to help you out, ask nicely in Lion’s Arch, etc.”

if only there were a way for like minded guilds to unite, some kind of alliance of guilds.

now theres an idea. we could just call them Alliances. genius…

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

From Colin Johanson:
Lord.4270:
Hi,

ColinJohanson:

In other words

RIP – SSW
Founded June 1st 2006

Is asking for help so terrible?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

From Colin Johanson:
Lord.4270:
Hi,

ColinJohanson:

In other words

RIP – SSW
Founded June 1st 2006

Some of us prefer to do things ourselves, with people we know and trust. Isn’t that the whole point of a guild? Not all guilds are a dozen+ people, nor do they desire to be necessarily. (I have actually grown my guild up to roughly 30 people twice previously, but that’s beside the point).

Its not even about asking for help, though. It’s about setting the precedent as to what a “guild” is or is not. If anet sets this arbitrary number at 10 or 15, then what is Destiny’s Edge? The lore has set forth that with just 5 people, they are a guild. Where, if they do put forth 10+ is required, Anet is blatantly stating that you are not a guild until you are at least that big. That screws the lore. It screws the small guilds, some of which are loyal followers that transitioned their guilds from GW1 to GW2.

Windsagio.1340

From Colin Johanson:
Lord.4270:
Hi,

ColinJohanson:

In other words

RIP – SSW
Founded June 1st 2006

Some of us prefer to do things ourselves, with people we know and trust. Isn’t that the whole point of a guild? Not all guilds are a dozen+ people, nor do they desire to be necessarily. (I have actually grown my guild up to roughly 30 people twice previously, but that’s beside the point).

Its not even about asking for help, though. It’s about setting the precedent as to what a “guild” is or is not. If anet sets this arbitrary number at 10 or 15, then what is Destiny’s Edge? The lore has set forth that with just 5 people, they are a guild. Where, if they do put forth 10+ is required, Anet is blatantly stating that you are not a guild until you are at least that big. That screws the lore. It screws the small guilds, some of which are loyal followers that transitioned their guilds from GW1 to GW2.

They never said that though, what they’ve said does imply an attitude that most guild hall activities are for larger guilds, but they’re not saying your 6-person guild isn’t a guild.

Don’t borrow offense, this is a limitation on gameplay and a realization that most of their functionality doesn’t matter to smaller guilds.

If you’re willing to scuttle a 10 year old (almost) build because you’re piqued over a perceived conceptualization of guilds that you don’t like, you can’t really love the guild that much.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

heres the thing people… guilds were never meant to be less then 5 people. the fact you are able to have less then that in a guild was not Anets intention. Their mistake is allowing it to continue. Guild content is for a guild, not a party of 5 or less. And thinking anet has to make real world decisions because of fantasy lore is absolutely preposterous!
I understand your delima, ive been there, but if you go out and recruit 5-10 people out of the millions playing, you can accomplish anything the game throws at you.

Posted by: Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Since a lot of us (it sounds like, and I know I fit into the category) enjoy being part of a Very-Small-Guild – I wonder if Anet would consider offering sort of a tiny guild hall that has some of the features of the larger ones but perhaps not everything. That way we could at least acquire a hall of our own, but there would still be an incentive to join a larger guild (at least part-time) if we want to take advantage of the Large-Guild-Features.

Oh if only I personally knew more people who played – but I really don’t want to hang out with a huge pile of strangers. I don’t find that fun most of the time. Too distracting.

Stick to the plan AND Go with the flow.

Posted by: Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Oh, I have an idea! What about a sort of Pueblo concept like in the US Southwest – a large building with lots of little “apartments” that might open on a central core where some of the guild hall features might reside? Each Very-Small-Guild could get an apartment of their own and share the central core features. Would bring us together without FORCING us to JOIN together, but perhaps alliances and friendships amongst us introverts would form gradually and comfortably. Thoughts?

Stick to the plan AND Go with the flow.

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

Since a lot of us (it sounds like, and I know I fit into the category) enjoy being part of a Very-Small-Guild – I wonder if Anet would consider offering sort of a tiny guild hall that has some of the features of the larger ones but perhaps not everything.

My guild is a small group of very close knit people, scattered across the globe- so we’ve been feeling left out of most Guild events & perks since they started- there’s really only ever a party’s worth of us on at the same time- so no Rushes, Bounties, etc for us. Bummer, but we’ve lived without them.

However, it’ll be a major dissapointment if we won’t be able to avail ourselves of a Guild Hall because of our size & structure. At least with GW1 Guild Halls were accessable to guilds of any size, even if it did take longer to build up Stuff.

Windsagio.1340

I’m in a small guild, and we’re going to wrangle the resources to get our hall opened up. We probably won’t get most of the buildings built, like, ever, but we’ll still make the hall – With luck we can use it to host performances.

Seth Moonshadow.2710

From Colin Johanson:
If your group online is too small, you’ll need to invite friends (or pay/beg/sing-songs-to-woo peeps in Lion’s Arch!) to come with you and help you claim the guild hall to own one. Or you could always grow your guild

So, as I mentioned it sounds as though LFG is your best friend for small guilds! So long as they are not required to remain in your guild (that would be guild recruiting, and that’s not allowed on LFG). Just pop a Guild Mission Help in LFG and you will get the help you need for your Guild Hall, Guild Missions and possibly some will stay on!

Also be sure that when you advertise you are less than 1 minute from starting any Guild event or missions or you will lose those that came to your aid rather fast.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

From Colin Johanson:
Lord.4270:
Hi,

ColinJohanson:

In other words

RIP – SSW
Founded June 1st 2006

They never said that though, what they’ve said does imply an attitude that most guild hall activities are for larger guilds, but they’re not saying your 6-person guild isn’t a guild.

Don’t borrow offense, this is a limitation on gameplay and a realization that most of their functionality doesn’t matter to smaller guilds.

If you’re willing to scuttle a 10 year old (almost) build because you’re piqued over a perceived conceptualization of guilds that you don’t like, you can’t really love the guild that much.

No, they are just implying it. That really doesn’t make it better. I guess I’m not surprised, they essentially told small guilds to gfto when they introduced guild missions. We should have taken the hint that we were no longer wanted at that point.

Its not about loving, or not loving our guild. It’s that we’re being told we’re not good enough, despite loving our guild. We’re being told that being small is not acceptable. Based on comments made, its starting to feel like unless we are ‘x’ size (number still not finalized) we are not considered guilds.

Jaxom.7310

From Colin Johanson:
Lord.4270:
Hi,

ColinJohanson:

In other words

RIP – SSW
Founded June 1st 2006

No, they are just implying it. That really doesn’t make it better. I guess I’m not surprised, they essentially told small guilds to gfto when they introduced guild missions. We should have taken the hint that we were no longer wanted at that point.

Its not about loving, or not loving our guild. It’s that we’re being told we’re not good enough, despite loving our guild. We’re being told that being small is not acceptable. Based on comments made, its starting to feel like unless we are ‘x’ size (number still not finalized) we are not considered guilds.

+1

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

And our only recourse is to “invite more people!”; regardless of the intent, makeup or structure of our Guilds. Because obviously the fault is ours for not being a real Guild. We couldn’t possibly have any actual grounds for concern, because we’re just oversized parties. /sarcasm.

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

Since a lot of us (it sounds like, and I know I fit into the category) enjoy being part of a Very-Small-Guild – I wonder if Anet would consider offering sort of a tiny guild hall that has some of the features of the larger ones but perhaps not everything.

My guild is a small group of very close knit people, scattered across the globe- so we’ve been feeling left out of most Guild events & perks since they started- there’s really only ever a party’s worth of us on at the same time- so no Rushes, Bounties, etc for us. Bummer, but we’ve lived without them.

However, it’ll be a major dissapointment if we won’t be able to avail ourselves of a Guild Hall because of our size & structure. At least with GW1 Guild Halls were accessable to guilds of any size, even if it did take longer to build up Stuff.

Back in GW1 I made a guild with one friend, and over the years bought every upgrade available to the hall there. It took time, yes – but that’s alright. It doesn’t have to be easy, it doesn’t have to be fast. It just needs to be possible.

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

heres the thing people… guilds were never meant to be less then 5 people. the fact you are able to have less then that in a guild was not Anets intention. Their mistake is allowing it to continue. Guild content is for a guild, not a party of 5 or less. And thinking anet has to make real world decisions because of fantasy lore is absolutely preposterous!
I understand your delima, ive been there, but if you go out and recruit 5-10 people out of the millions playing, you can accomplish anything the game throws at you.

Pretty sure i remember seeing somewhere ArenaNet doesn’t care for guilds less than 5 people. I use mine as a personal bank after all :P

WoW does it, so why couldn’t GW2 do it.

Rawr?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And our only recourse is to “invite more people!”; regardless of the intent, makeup or structure of our Guilds. Because obviously the fault is ours for not being a real Guild. We couldn’t possibly have any actual grounds for concern, because we’re just oversized parties. /sarcasm.

<3

WoW does it, so why couldn’t GW2 do it.

This is not WoW.
We do not want it to be WoW.

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

I know I will be in the minority here, but…

I am a Guild Leader of a small guild, about 10-13 people, maybe half of them active regularly. We are all friends or know each in real life. We are definitely a small guild on my spectrum of guilds. I personally do not see a point in guilds smaller than about 5 (to go with the Destinies Edge format). I am a long time MMO player and see the use of my Friends List in that role. Family, friends, spouses, they belong in a friends list, sure you can make a guild, but do not expect to be able to do the type of things large active guilds can do.

This is simply how guilds in every game have worked. If you put the time into growing a large active guild, with many members, and work to manage that guild, you will reap the benefits. Just because you are a guild does not entitle you to the same privileges as the largest guilds get. A guild is like a company. Large companies can simply do more than small companies. I and my guild have accepted that as a fair balance of power between guilds.

HoT does introduce the capability for small guilds do a lot of the same things as larger guilds via the new Guild Company (I forget the name), that will provide many of the services a guild hall will and will be a central hub for small guilds. This is a fair compensation for allowing small guilds to have many of the same activities and opportunities via a socialized format.

If you as a small guild really do want a guild hall, they make it possible to simply travel there with other people who would be glad to help out. This as well is extremely fair. A guild hall is a challenge, it is being taken from Mordremoth, it is being cleaned of the enemies touch. This should not in my opinion be a simple thing. A guild hall should be earned. In GW1 this was done very simply by everyone pooling resources, in GW2 it is far more story driven.

Definition of “real” guild or not. “Small” vs. “Large”. Your guild will have things it cant do due to size, large guilds will have things it can do because of its size. Guilds should not be equal, guilds should have opportunities gained by them for work and effort put in. Guidl Halls is one of those. Small guilds can use the social guild hall provided in lions arch. My guild probably will, and while we wish we could get a guild hall, we realize we are not a large guild. We are happy allying with others though, to help them get their guild halls, and vica versa. Teamwork breeds opportunity socially. The more friends int his game the better.

PS: Small guilds ARE over sized parties.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“in GW2 it is far more story driven.”
Yes, it’s far more story driven. So you’re saying if it has story impact, the smaller guilds should in fact not be able to progress because they aren’t big enough? Because depending on how story driven it actually is, this could end up being the case. Again, this becomes a ‘conform or gtfo.’

“guilds should have opportunities gained by them for work and effort put in”
And a small guild obviously cannot work just as hard as a large guild because we can’t field as many bodies? That’s asinine. They’ll definitely do it slower and require more time, but if they aren’t restricted by an arbitrary body count (which is exactly what you’re saying this should be), small guilds can be just as persistent and work just as hard as their larger counter parts.

“Small guilds can use the social guild hall provided in lions arch”
That’s not a guild hall. Not even close.

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

“in GW2 it is far more story driven.”
Yes, it’s far more story driven. So you’re saying if it has story impact, the smaller guilds should in fact not be able to progress because they aren’t big enough? Because depending on how story driven it actually is, this could end up being the case. Again, this becomes a ‘conform or gtfo.’

“guilds should have opportunities gained by them for work and effort put in”
And a small guild obviously cannot work just as hard as a large guild because we can’t field as many bodies? That’s asinine. They’ll definitely do it slower and require more time, but if they aren’t restricted by an arbitrary body count (which is exactly what you’re saying this should be), small guilds can be just as persistent and work just as hard as their larger counter parts.

That’s not a guild hall. Not even close.

Well besides taking some of my points to the extreme, “guilds should have opportunities gained by them for work and effort put in”, yes. You can work as hard as you want, and you can still achieve things as a small guild, but body count DOES count whether you want it to or not. Large guilds can do more bounties, they can garner more participation in treks, races, puzzles, etc. If they do these as much as a smaller guild, they WILL gain more. A small guild can stick to it as much as they want, and they can gain as much as they want, but if they do not team up with others to bolster their number,s there will be soft gated content. This is like saying “my guild has 5 people, but we want to raid only together” in other games. Well you cant, you simply do not have the numbers.

The social guild hall, is a social guild hall. Granted its not a personalized one, it will provide the same means of access that a personalized guild hall does, except probably a couple features.

As I said, before, this content CAN be done by smaller guilds, but you have to work with others. I am sorry some small guilds only want to do things themselves, but fact of the matter is, they cannot, and honestly they should not have the capability of it. If it is supposed to be as grand as Anet wants it to by, why should a small guild be able to assault a stronghold of mordremoth in the same way as a large guild? If in the story all races band together, why then should guilds not? It should be an integral part of the story for small guilds to form alliances and large guilds launch their own offenses.

I stand behind everything I said, and again, folks may not like it, but in my personal opinion, it is very fair. Small guilds should not feel entitled to the same benefits of large guilds, otherwise a large guilds work is counted for nothing.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The larger guilds do it faster. That is their reward. They get to have the shiney new toys first.

Considering they are changing how guild missions are done as well as how certain things are obtained in order to put guilds on more equal footing (“small guilds couldn’t hope to keep up”) that tells me that small guilds should, by their own wording, be able to keep up. At least to a certain extent. We’ll do it at a slower pace, but we’ll all eventually reach that finish line.