Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Auuuuw, that hurts, was expecting August. No, new content for whole year gonna be suck big time. This game is on Zzzzzzzzzzz mode right now.

Well it says “This summer”, so August – September is probably what they meant at the time. It’s most likely a slip he made though, and probably didn’t intend to say it. My guess is that we’ll get a release date or another major feature announcement at Gamescom, early August, but that’s a guess?

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Anet has disregarded beta players warnings for GW2, they will do the same with HoT.
it will be released this summer and to top it all up, way to early filled with must-fix bugs.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Auuuuw, that hurts, was expecting August. No, new content for whole year gonna be suck big time. This game is on Zzzzzzzzzzz mode right now.

Well it says “This summer”, so August – September is probably what they meant at the time. It’s most likely a slip he made though, and probably didn’t intend to say it. My guess is that we’ll get a release date or another major feature announcement at Gamescom, early August, but that’s a guess?

I see, all good again then .

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

i expect it will be released at the same time GW2 was originally released

at the end of this summer
August 28, 2012 was the original GW2 launch date
so August 28, 2015 i expect will be HoT’s launch date.

and if not, who cares? it means Anet will have more time to deliver us a completed product.
Would you rather Anet cut corners and make the ending as dissapointing as the Zhaitan fight? completely removing the ground fight with Zhaitan?

or would you rather wait another month or so so that the ending is satisfying and something you want to replay.

if i have to wait. so be it. the more finished the product, the happier i am

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Can read the information on the upcoming beta weekend and they even mention many more beta events to come. We’re already in July and there give a release date for a game even a week at the very least in align with other games giving us the date a month or two ahead of time seems appropriate. Based on them giving us vertical mini slices at a time to so called test and that we’ll have less than 2 months till September I highly doubt this game is releasing this summer. Summer will be beta weekend events apparently and also for me money isn’t an issue but if this game releases in the fall I’m not buying it as I’d rather buy a new game than an expansion for an existing game and many many new games will be releasing in the fall. Also I don’t pre-order anything without a release date and after that SAB coin debacle I don’t trust Anet enough to just pre-order without a release date.

Probably why they want pre-order in advance so badly because the release date is probably at a time they think the game will get overlooked.

I wouldn’t call it whining just an observation I decided to make known to the masses since people still think the expac will release in the near future. If they continue to play like that they’ll get burned out before it actually launches which isn’t good for anyone. More and more posts are arising with so called “Hype dead” titles and more and more negative posts will continue as long as the carrot remains I didn’t have a problem with the cost or the content like people did a few weeks ago but I do have a problem with them constantly teasing that carrot and making pre-orders all while never giving the official release date.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And yet more than a million people pre-purchased without a release date 3 years ago. No telling how many did, again.

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

I’d pay $50 just for the guild halls and guild claiming changes right now. The rest can come later.

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

And yet more than a million people pre-purchased without a release date 3 years ago. No telling how many did, again.

i did =D

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

We will now when the release date approaches when they start showing more content and start the beta.Till then patience

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Can read the information on the upcoming beta weekend and they even mention many more beta events to come. We’re already in July and there give a release date for a game even a week at the very least in align with other games giving us the date a month or two ahead of time seems appropriate. Based on them giving us vertical mini slices at a time to so called test and that we’ll have less than 2 months till September I highly doubt this game is releasing this summer. Summer will be beta weekend events apparently and also for me money isn’t an issue but if this game releases in the fall I’m not buying it as I’d rather buy a new game than an expansion for an existing game and many many new games will be releasing in the fall. Also I don’t pre-order anything without a release date and after that SAB coin debacle I don’t trust Anet enough to just pre-order without a release date.

Probably why they want pre-order in advance so badly because the release date is probably at a time they think the game will get overlooked.

I wouldn’t call it whining just an observation I decided to make known to the masses since people still think the expac will release in the near future. If they continue to play like that they’ll get burned out before it actually launches which isn’t good for anyone. More and more posts are arising with so called “Hype dead” titles and more and more negative posts will continue as long as the carrot remains I didn’t have a problem with the cost or the content like people did a few weeks ago but I do have a problem with them constantly teasing that carrot and making pre-orders all while never giving the official release date.

As I said earlier. What is the numerical definition of many? When the core game launched the said the same thing. I think we had 4-5 beta weekends, with stress tests once or twice a week. So the game could still fall in to the “This summer” window with ease. Personally I don’t care when it launches, I’ve not pre perched, not yet anyway.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

Maybe the summer release they mentioned in video is for beta not for the expansion itself

BrotherBelial.3094

Maybe the summer release they mentioned in video is for beta not for the expansion itself

You wouldn’t say coming out this summer if you mean beta. Especially if you are trying to sell your product. You’d say something like, we will be starting beta this summer with the game to roll out soon after, or something like that. Not say it’s coming this summer. That’s not a good way to market something. And by saying this summer it gives them some breathing room, but too much.

The most logical time for the game to launch “This summer” as other have said, would be on or around the 3rd year anniversary of Guild Wars 2.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

In before this thread is close.

It will be release when NCsoft is collecting tributes from the companies they own.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I think they will release it at the same time another big MMO comes out, such as Blade&Soul in December. They are forcing pre-purchases right now so that when they release it at the same time as the other MMO, people who have pre-purchased will feel compelled to stay in GW2 to play HoT(because they have already spent money on it) and not leave for the new MMO that comes out.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

We saw playable footage of the game months ago and Anet seems more driven to tot this game around the game show circuit than actually releasing it.

We have a stress test coming up and in those notes they say many more are to come in the future for those who pre-ordered. This also means with there vertical slice of content and the fact that it wont be till mid July till they start that one could assume an august release is out too. Seeing how they use a Two week updating schedule and they seemed to imply many stress tests then one could also logically guess september is out.

When you get into October that’s the holiday season and no MMO’s has ever been stupid enough to release an expansion in the holiday buying season as it would just get overlooked and forgotten in the sea of new games being released back to back one after another until January when the season ends.

Hype is dead to be sure as other MMO’s don’t hold there expacs at the end of a carrot milking there consumer base. The other companies announce then release in a reasonable amount of time and pre-orders aren’t done multiple months in advance to further milk the base. The people who pre-ordered will get content and temporary content at that while the rest of us will no doubt get squat in return. No SaB, Bash, or Labrynth Cliffs as there putting all there effort into so called stress tests…

I’ll get the expac whenever it releases I suppose but probably not at launch as if the game isn’t released in 2016 then it will probably get released and instantly forgotten in the midst of the holiday buying season.

We just started Q3(which flows in summer) 8 days ago. We have until September until ‘summer’ is really done. So they have plenty of time to advise their release date and continue testing here.

There have been many expansions released over holidays in the past. I can remember buying WoTK (WoW) the week of Nov 13th, 15days before thanksgiving. That’s pretty close to a major Holiday season, yea?

My Prediction for HoT’s release is going to be at the end of Q3 or the middle of Q4(around November). They still have many reveals left to do, lots of testing (hell they gave Beta slots to all pre-orders), and probably still need to finish 20-25% of the content release and then Q/A and Polishing.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Dibaryon.7469

Dibaryon.7469

Summer ends in the 22nd of September!

*GANDARA *
Flipping your camps since 2014 :3

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Summer ends in the 22nd of September!

Yup, and that is in September :-)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We saw playable footage of the game months ago and Anet seems more driven to tot this game around the game show circuit than actually releasing it.

We have a stress test coming up and in those notes they say many more are to come in the future for those who pre-ordered. This also means with there vertical slice of content and the fact that it wont be till mid July till they start that one could assume an august release is out too. Seeing how they use a Two week updating schedule and they seemed to imply many stress tests then one could also logically guess september is out.

When you get into October that’s the holiday season and no MMO’s has ever been stupid enough to release an expansion in the holiday buying season as it would just get overlooked and forgotten in the sea of new games being released back to back one after another until January when the season ends.

Hype is dead to be sure as other MMO’s don’t hold there expacs at the end of a carrot milking there consumer base. The other companies announce then release in a reasonable amount of time and pre-orders aren’t done multiple months in advance to further milk the base. The people who pre-ordered will get content and temporary content at that while the rest of us will no doubt get squat in return. No SaB, Bash, or Labrynth Cliffs as there putting all there effort into so called stress tests…

I’ll get the expac whenever it releases I suppose but probably not at launch as if the game isn’t released in 2016 then it will probably get released and instantly forgotten in the midst of the holiday buying season.

You should look at when the WoW expansions were released.

BrotherBelial.3094

I think they will release it at the same time another big MMO comes out, such as Blade&Soul in December. They are forcing pre-purchases right now so that when they release it at the same time as the other MMO, people who have pre-purchased will feel compelled to stay in GW2 to play HoT(because they have already spent money on it) and not leave for the new MMO that comes out.

Not really. People who pre, have already spent the money. There is nothing to stop them buying another MMO. Also if the game go’s that long with out a content update, they will probably lose players in the mean time that have not got HoT yet. Or get board and come back later. That’s the thing with GW2. You pay once and it’s yours. Launching HoT at the same time as another MMO is not the best idea. As a dev and a publisher, you want to launch your game when there are no others of the same type out soon. That way you are not fighting for customers.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Nope
Anet is under NCSoft and NCsoft is the one the directs Anet and the other companies under there belt on the guidlines they need to follow. Like people QQ’n about price and the expac a few weeks back that was decided by NCsoft and Blade and Soul is one of there MMO’s. Just like when Wildstar released we will see a content drought as NcSoft doesn’t want to give any room for product cannibalization. Whenever Aion, Wildstar, and so forth gets a major patch or update the other MMO’s tend to lay low.

You mention Blade and Soul in December and I’m sure in December Wildstar and GW2 won’t have a single major release or patch until a few weeks after its’ release.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I stand by my Halloween guess.
For anyone thinking summer…think about it. It is coming up on mid July with no open beta even announced. We are getting a run on Rev this week, but not in new zones. I want it to drop just like you guys, just saying the writing is on the wall. If I am being gleeful…September at best.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I stand by my Halloween guess.
For anyone thinking summer…think about it. It is coming up on mid July with no open beta even announced. We are getting a run on Rev this week, but not in new zones. I want it to drop just like you guys, just saying the writing is on the wall. If I am being gleeful…September at best.

The majority of September is still summer actually.
Summer ends on September 22nd.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Seriously. Here’s some gems.

Posted by: Juicymarmalade.3187

Juicymarmalade.3187

When it’s ready

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

WTB people not making release date threads for a while.

Seriously, guys.

Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

It’ll release when it releases. Knowing when that date is ahead of time does not actually change when said date will be. Cool. Thine. Jimmies. Asking a hundred thousand million billion trillion gazillion times an hour doesn’t actually do anyone a single dang bit of good.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

WTB people not making release date threads for a while.

Seriously, guys.

Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

It’ll release when it releases. Knowing when that date is ahead of time does not actually change when said date will be. Cool. Thine. Jimmies. Asking a hundred thousand million billion trillion gazillion times an hour doesn’t actually do anyone a single dang bit of good.

It’s just the fact that they announced the game such a long time ago, are selling preorders, and we still got nothing. I’ve never heard of this long a wait to release just an expansion before after reveal

Posted by: Cash.2385

Cash.2385

I want to play the expansion now. Please.

:D

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Soon™

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Hopefully not soon given the amount of bugs and other issues testers have seen so far. I’d rather wait and pay for a polished product. Not pay for a half-baked one, plagued with issues, and in need of a million patches and updates.

Sims 4 anyone?

Gone to Reddit.

penelopehannibal.8947

Sometime after August 9 anyway:

We’re excited to let you know that ArenaNet will be at gamescom in Cologne, Germany, from August 5 through 9. We will be showing off Guild Wars: Heart of Thorns at the Twitch booth in Hall 9.

But can’t be more specific than that I’m afraid.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Cash.2385

Its really that bad huh? Well I guess waiting longer for something better is still a win. I haven’t tested anything so I really can’t say they have been talking about it for a few months and from videos look like it was pretty much ready, I guess I kinda figured with having the pre-order and all that signaled something.

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

When Mists of Pandaria came out, the cut-off-date for pre-purchasing was Apr30. Mists launched in Sept. Warlords of Draenor pre-purchased ended in June (I believe, can’t remember, but it was still summer) and released in November.

I haven’t got any source except the statement of the cut-off for vets to receive their char slot for pre-purchasing which is July 31st, to think that this is when the pre-purchase of Hot will end. That’s still many many months before it could launch.

I use WoW as the example because I used to play it, remember the Pre dates of the last 2 xpacs and am admittedly too lazy to look up several other games for references as I don’t care about them).

TLDR:
After pre-purchasing ends, it will be -monthS- before the game would be launched.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

TLDR:
After pre-purchasing ends, it will be -monthS- before the game would be launched.

That is, if pre-purchasing does actually have an early end; I find it a far more likely scenario that people will be able to pre-purchase right up to the day before release, which I think is what most other MMO’s do (then again, my experience with MMO’s is quite limited).

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

When its ready

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Cash.2385

Wise Words you have … hrmmm

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

There isn’t going to be any update from the devs until Gamescom. The release date will be March 2016 with limited communication until that point. While you wait,, you can keep grinding the Silverwastes or hop on the WvW zerg train.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Sometime after August 9 anyway:

We’re excited to let you know that ArenaNet will be at gamescom in Cologne, Germany, from August 5 through 9. We will be showing off Guild Wars: Heart of Thorns at the Twitch booth in Hall 9.

No, but we do know it won’t be before Aug 30th.

From previous statements there will be another 6 weeks of specializations and another week for challenging content. They may devote more weeks to things, but unless they go back on what they said before it won’t be before that date. This also doesn’t take into account any additional beta testing they want to do which could easily take longer than 7 weeks.

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

SO, is there at least a ballpark yet?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Nope, but judging by the state of Revenant and the lack of any more HoT info, I’m leaning more towards the end of the year/early next year than autumn/fall.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

I highly doubt anet is going to put a ballpark in this game. Modern baseball has little to do with slaying dragons… Let alone Tyria…

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Not this year. Snails seem like Husein Bolt compared to ANet’s dev team….specially considering they only give us 1-2 maps + 1 new class + a few scraps in this 50$ expansion.

penelopehannibal.8947

Sometime after August 9:

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Ardenwolfe.8590

Speculation says they’re aiming for the 10 year anniversary, but I’d be shocked if that happens given recent events.

Gone to Reddit.

penelopehannibal.8947

Speculation says they’re aiming for the 10 year anniversary, but I’d be shocked if that happens given recent events.

Hasn’t the 10 year anniversary been and gone?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

There are currently 2 release dates, please decide which one you think is more suitable:

1) 20xx
2) Soon™

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Not this year. Snails seem like Husein Bolt compared to ANet’s dev team….specially considering they only give us 1-2 maps + 1 new class + a few scraps in this 50$ expansion.

Seriously stop claiming things you don’t know, the only thing we know is there is 1 new class, wich is standard for MMO expansions. On top of that all classes get elite specs, wich makes it already a better update then most mmo expansions in terms of player classes. We have no idea how many maps there will be and how big they will be.
If you are unsure it’s worth 50 dollars just wait for more info but don’t start shouting it’s not enough when we know nearly nothing about it yet.

As for the speed, i want serious content, like i’m used to having in gw2, not the half baked rushed out expansions blizzard is doing, so yeah i’m willing to wait to enjoy it.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

(edited by Fox.3469)

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

they stated several times when asked about the number of zones that they will concentrate on a small number instead making this expansion the basis for future expansions…in therms of mechanics/tech behind it. Getting elite specs making this a better update? Please…you either don’t know what you’re talking about or your lieing to yourself.

What you know now is what you will know in 1 year from now. They made that pretty clear if you actually watched their interviews.

So please do tell what the “serious content” you are waiting for actually means. Enlighten me.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Sure enough, but some are still claiming August as the ‘date’ . . . if you can believe that. After that passes, they’ll say next year for the 11th.

In other words: no one knows.

Gone to Reddit.

penelopehannibal.8947

Sure enough, but some are still claiming August as the ‘date’ . . . if you can believe that. After that passes, they’ll say next year for the 11th.

In other words: no one knows.

Me thinks you got the GW1 10-Year anniversary mixed up with the GW2 3-Year anniversary.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Ardenwolfe.8590

Funny. I didn’t even think about Guild Wars 2’s anniversary. Still, that’s what map chat went on and on about the other night. The ‘anniversary’ will be the release date for the expansion. Hell. You might be right.

Gone to Reddit.