Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Any predictions on release date? I’m hoping 3rd year anniversary but I’m kinda losing faith. Grinding SW everyday…. yea. Been 7 months now since HoT announced. Bueller?..

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Any predictions on release date? I’m hoping 3rd year anniversary but I’m kinda losing faith. Grinding SW everyday…. yea. Been 7 months now since HoT announced. Bueller?..

Need I say more.

(Edited to reflect thread merge.)

(edited by Zalladi.4652)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m pretty sure it will be between 11AM and 3PM Pacific Time. The actual date is still unknown.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t know, Just a flesh wound. Vanilla early access was slated for midnight Friday, Pacific time, Aug 25 2012. They advanced it 3 hours, much to my relief as that made it midnight my time and after 3 hours of rapt playing I fell over into bed. This year Aug 25 is a Tuesday and Aug 28 a Friday. They could do a midnight thing again … though they might not do early access this go-round since all the prepurchasers are essentially getting months of early access to all but the new areas and the masteries/rev/etc.

I just don’t see how they have time to give us all the blogs now, let alone do a few betas, before that date.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I just don’t see how they have time to give us all the blogs now, let alone do a few betas, before that date.

The only thing that’s likely to happen in August is the revealing of a November release date. Assuming a standard launch, there will likely be a ~2 month delay between when they announce the release date and launch.

Anything’s possible however if they feel like doing whatever they want. 1 blog post per week? They could announce everything all at once or not even bother, then release just like any other patch. Realistically though, and judging based on GW2’s original launch, HoT is at least 3 months away. The first BWE should occur next week, with a release date reveal at Gamescom. However, they might push back the BWE to Gamescom (live demo), then reveal the date on the anniversary.

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

At this point, probably Thanksgiving. With how little content this expansion has the devs are sure taking their sweet time releasing it.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

If we’re talking predictions? Christmas or later. Much later. The beta showed a lot of missteps, and the recent patch jacked more than a few things. I don’t know about the other classes, but the ranger needs a lot of bug fixes.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t know when it will come out but I’d actually prefer them to take longer making it and ensure it’s all done, nothing had to be rushed, as many bugs as possible have been fixed etc. than bring it out earlier and then have problems or things that were announced as part of the release having to come out later because they couldn’t be completed in time

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

“When it’s ready”

In all seriousness though, I was hoping for a August release, but at this point that is very unlikely, we will be lucky if we get it before this halloween…

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Sometime between Halloween 2015 and Valentine’s Day 2017

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Dunnot.8437

Dunnot.8437

Posted by: Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Baleroc Rageflame.5173

I think that’s just a placeholder date.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Except it hasn’t.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Third party sellers are not going to give accurate info before Anet releases a date themselves. Anything they release is speculative and as said above, placeholding. Its an extremely common and widespread preordering tactic used by many retailers

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

^ /15preorders

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Some if not most of third party sellers require an advance warning about the release date, or it can get messy with the actual release.
Not talking about days or weeks, more like months.
A publisher just has the option of telling them to keep the date to themselves until the official announcment. Seems that someone forgot to mention that^^

Edit: Forgot to mention that the date is in fact a placeholder and might change a few times. Though from experience they should know by now that this just gets them a bad reputation.

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Well how did we found out that ESO will go Buy to play? Because of one of this retailers . Its quite possible..

Posted by: Dunnot.8437

Dunnot.8437

So,In other words Anet hasn’t provided any external info about the release date to retailers. This “fake” release date has been set for advertising reasons to encourage people to buy the game before a certain date, that is 31st december. Am I correct?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s possible, but I’m skeptical. As others have said, it is most likely just a placeholder date that could be changed (usually pushed back) at any time. The same thing happened to me with Witcher 3 and EBGames Australia.

That said, it wouldn’t surprise me if the true release date was close to the one stated by those websites. I always pegged HoT for a Sep release at the VERY EARLIEST, but it was more likely to be towards the end of the year.

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Well as Woodenpotatoes speculated if HoT is more of a direction changer of gw2 features possible it will release in sep.
if they plann to add a bunch of content like dungeons maps new staff possible well have to wait until dec.
notice that some specializations skill are no ready and are missing titles icons or they are polishing effect …
Will see !

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Some Belgian, Dutch, and Polish websites all three point towards a Oct. release.

It’s worth what it is, but I do believe that Oct. is the best candidate. 6 specialization weeks to go (that’s the last August week), maybe 2 weeks regarding challenging content, one or two BWE… Yup, Oct. seems the minimum.

Luckily we have events like Golem Week to wait. /sarcasm

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

Every year its the same thing with all games. When a retailer doesn’t know the release date but the game is supposed to be out this year they use the placeholder date of 12/31 because its literally the last possible day of the year. And every year people still act like this has never happened before and this ONE game MUST be the one to come out on Dec 31st.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

So,In other words Anet hasn’t provided any external info about the release date to retailers. This “fake” release date has been set for advertising reasons to encourage people to buy the game before a certain date, that is 31st december. Am I correct?

You are correct

Posted by: Nyro.7359

Nyro.7359

Still no release date on this expansion is that correct?

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Correct. /15charactersbaby

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Correct as Anet have stated many many times and apparently people don’t understand the words “We don’t have a release date yet once we have one you will have one” how many times do anet need to say this.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Correct as Anet have stated many many times and apparently people don’t understand the words “We don’t have a release date yet once we have one you will have one” how many times do anet need to say this.

Perhaps the OP simply doesn’t frequent the forums as much as we do?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I haven’t seen or heard anet say it once bruh

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not that everyone has been to even one of the sources, but:

Many interviews. (videos and articles)
Points of Interest/Ready Up
Forum post(s).
Heart of Thorns FAQ
News Blog (I think, could be mistaken)

Good luck.

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Can you guys at least say hey on Aug 10th we will announce the day the expansion coming dec 23. Im sitting here wondering in game like wow should i do these side quests or do i have till 2016?

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

I think that they dont know yet.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

How about a date for a date for a date?

Posted by: Nyro.7359

Nyro.7359

Perhaps the OP simply doesn’t frequent the forums as much as we do?

Pretty much this…I have owned the game a while now but it never struck my fancy. Decided to give it another try since no other MMORPG was filling my mmo void either lately.

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Judging from the scarcity of information I don’t think it’s coming before winter.
I don’t think they have a release date either.

norn warrior

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes, there is no release date. They have stated that they won’t have one until after we get through some more betas. They really want to get stuff to a point where we can beta it, give them feedback, and then iterate on that feedback. What they did recently with the revenant beta weekend and subsequent changes is a very good example of what they are trying to do. (And I look forward to seeing more of it)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Reasonable chance they’ll reaveal the date at Gamescom early august, I wouldn’t be surrised if the actual lauch was 25th of august (pre?) give or take a few days 27 august actual.

But I could be wrong, I just hope it will be august.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: StreakDamageTR.7465

StreakDamageTR.7465

Can we play beta ?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

On beta wekeends, on beta areas, with beta characters, on beta events.

Gotta wait for the events happens tough.

PS: Gotta have HoT Prepurchased also.

StreakDamageTR.7465

I cant understand sorry for my english

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

there will be weekends announced, know as beta weekend events, that will let you playtest some of the Hot parts, like the revenant, one of the new zones, etc.

These weekends will be announced before hand and are the only times you have acces to the beta.

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Not that everyone has been to even one of the sources, but:

Many interviews. (videos and articles)
Points of Interest/Ready Up
Forum post(s).
Heart of Thorns FAQ
News Blog (I think, could be mistaken)

Good luck.

Good luck!

StreakDamageTR.7465

I purchased key. But I havent any message about HoT. When it released?How I play?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They have not given a release date. If the beta tests are any indication, you’ll access HoT by going to SW and enter a cave next to Amber.

Donari.5237

There is no release date yet. Once there is the news will be all over these forums. Meanwhile you will have access to beta weekends, though we do not know right now when the next one will be.

Once the key is applied to your account, you will play HoT just by patching in once it launches.

Zalladi.4652

Why did you create a new thread when you already had one open that answered your question perfectly?

StreakDamageTR.7465

Im not downloaded gw2 now. When I download I can play HoT beta in beta weekends Right?

Donari.5237

They can’t tell you when they’ll know the date, because as soon as they know the date they’ll tell us.

It’s a bit like asking a woman who is trying to get pregnant to tell you when she’ll know her due date. (Analogy not great, I know, and I’m not saying ANet is trying to start an expansion .. it’s just all I could think of in terms of projected dates).

Zalladi.4652

I cant understand sorry for my english

Just in the off chance you are either French, Spanish or German, there are three other forums that are catered for those languages as opposed to English.

French Forum = Here
German Forum = Here
Spanish Forum = Here

Otherwise, it is best if you stick to one thread if you can. Starting multiple threads on similar topics is not entirely needed.

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

Hopefully not November because lots of RPG fans will be playing Fallout 4

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be October. Some game retailers points toward an Autumn/October. Coincidence or not, I think it’s a good candidate if the game is indeed more or less completed.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.