Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

They can’t tell you when they’ll know the date, because as soon as they know the date they’ll tell us.

It’s a bit like asking a woman who is trying to get pregnant to tell you when she’ll know her due date. (Analogy not great, I know, and I’m not saying ANet is trying to start an expansion .. it’s just all I could think of in terms of projected dates).

So nine months time we’ll see HoT?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

penelopehannibal.8947

Revenant is now delayed because of the addition of the weapon swap means they’re having to invent new underwater weapon skills (as well as finish implementing what they were already working on with the original single weapon they were going to have for underwater).

These little things add up, so I guess it’s a good thing they want to get things right before they release an ETA.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Im not downloaded gw2 now. When I download I can play HoT beta in beta weekends Right?

Yes but no beta weekend yet

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

They keep saying once they have a date we will have a date but apparently so many people in the GW2 community can’t understand that sentence remember betas will determine the release date and I for one believe them with this beta testing has just become marketing gimmicks companies don’t use them to test the game for release and it saddens me this is a great practice and I welcome it sure I don’t want it to be next year but as long as the expansion launches with very little problems I’m a happy bunny.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

How about a date for a date for a date?

Not bad, not bad how about this one? At the rate they are lazying around it’s more than likely that they’ll announce the first anniversary in January of the announcement of the expansion.

Even at that time you’ll ask when is it coming out, they’ll say do not despair we are getting there as we are now in our 5th phase of polising. The next pahse is direct x 11 then open beta for everyone.
Just in time for GW’s 11th anniversary.

Hybarf Tics.2048

Revenant is now delayed because of the addition of the weapon swap means they’re having to invent new underwater weapon skills (as well as finish implementing what they were already working on with the original single weapon they were going to have for underwater).

Why should they make underwater skills for it they don’t even remember how to make lakes, rivers and oceans anymore.
In Hot all we get is waterfall, you know the small kind and creeks
there’s so little water in the jungle, all the frog races don’t even know how to swim.
It’s sad it’s so sad now the number 1 cause of death in Tyria is drownings.
More than the number 2 cause which is from dragon minions.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

There’s a new thread on Reddit going over GW2’s competitive scene. In it, Josh Davis says “Summer”.

Hybarf Tics.2048

They can’t tell you when they’ll know the date, because as soon as they know the date they’ll tell us.

It’s a bit like asking a woman who is trying to get pregnant to tell you when she’ll know her due date. (Analogy not great, I know, and I’m not saying ANet is trying to start an expansion .. it’s just all I could think of in terms of projected dates).

So nine months time we’ll see HoT?

Or a Hot baby…

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

There’s a new thread on Reddit going over GW2’s competitive scene. In it, Josh Davis says “Summer”.

Link home French fry brotallion?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The week surrounding August 10th will likely be the date they reveal the date that will lead to the revealing of the launch date.

The first BWE will likely be announced around then and the launch date will follow depending on the success of the BWE. If they’re not treating HoT like an expansion however and the BWE is just a demo rather than a beta, then they might reveal the date that week at Gamescom.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Link home French fry brotallion?

Correction- It isn’t Josh that says a summer release. It was Steve Fowler around the 25 minute marker.

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLslqhBn3PU

If you have the time, and you’re interested in PvP, the whole video’s a good watch.

penelopehannibal.8947

Why should they make underwater skills for it they don’t even remember how to make lakes, rivers and oceans anymore.

Surely you must understand that even if it’s true that there’ll be no underwater areas at all in HoT (unlikely, don’t know where these conclusions are coming from) you can still play the Revenant in the usual Tyria zones – so they will need the underwater skills anyway.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

When is release date of HoT? I can’t find it anywhere … Or it hasn’t been announced yet? In that case, when do you expect it?

(edited by Sifu.9745)

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

It hasn’t been announced yet.
My personal guess would be late autumn.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Hybarf Tics.2048

Might be announced around August 8th at Cologne but I wouldn’t hold my breath, Anet are not the types to hurry things along or keep you informed for that matter.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

When its ready

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Magic 8 Ball says: SOON™

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

But if you can buy preorder now, i would expect it to be released very soon.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

But if you can buy preorder now, i would expect it to be released very soon.

Why would you expect that? I mean it’s possible to pre-order games on Steam (for example) that don’t come out until 2016. Just because they’re willing to take your money now it doesn’t mean they’re planning on delivering anything any time soon.

Given the lack of any details on the content in the expansion I don’t expect it’ll come out soon. The GW2 release date was announced exactly two months before it came out, I’d expect a similar pattern for HoT.

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Am I the only one expecting 31st of December full of bugs with the rate that they’re going at?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

There is still so much to be revealed(5 elite specs) and a lot of info about precursors, legendaries, guild halls, masteries, fractals, challenging content, and PVE maps. Its nearly august. We all though back in january that august was a realistic time for the expansion to release.

The pace of content info release has been really slow honestly. Anet said things would happen fast but one piece of info a week out of dozens of info pieces is really slow.

Posted by: earvinarp.6347

earvinarp.6347

Haha Anet are geniuses. Gotta give them that. They started off with a model in 2012 of free content updates that, for a year, resembled (as far as new content went) what they now announced would be the content of a paid expansion in 2016(?). In late 2013 they started drifting with the updates, eventually developing the living story, which was supposed to have bi-weekly updates. Not only did those bi-weekly updates stop happening, they hardly became much more than item additions to the G panel. Then they went on a craze to recruit new players, to the point of selling the game at 25% of its retail price. Then, the big bomb, an expansion! Mind you, no release date, only one new class, one new map and one new arena (see what I mean with first year content updates – molten facility, EotM and all). After the announcement, they surely bought themselves some time – No updates whatsoever for months! And now we get the pre-sale, full price for both old and new players (who get the original and the expansion!). I can hardly bring myself to login anymore. What a way to spoil original, 4,500+ hr players. Here is a toast to Anet and their continuously taking for granted the old player base!

And, knowing as I know these forums, may the fanboys and hidden Anet operatives go off!

(edited by earvinarp.6347)

Wwefan.4982

Imagine this and this is speculation HoT is released on the same week as Blizzcon wouldn’t that be a good thing to do.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Then, the big bomb, an expansion! Mind you, no release date, only one new class, one new map and one new arena (see what I mean with first year content updates – molten facility, EotM and all).

Don’t over-exaggerate it. There is at least 3 new maps. Don’t confuse map with region:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Region

Also, it is normal to have one new class for one expansion. You forgot to mention the following features:

- New elite specializations for all existing classes including revenant
- Guild Halls
- ‘Challenging group content’ – may it be dungeons, raids or whatever
- a new PvP mode (Stronghold)
- a new WvW map

Besides, the original game was 60€/$ and it is rather fine for people who played ‘4.5k hours’. That’s a lot of playtime for only 60 bucks. Also, selling a game with a discount is quite normal.

However, the communication was quite kitten and imho they should’ve solved this differently: 40 € for expansion only and 50 for expansion with original game for new players. We first didn’t even get an additional expansion slot – that was very very bad propaganda. At least they ‘fixed’ that after the outrage in the community.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

The week surrounding August 10th will likely be the date they reveal the date that will lead to the revealing of the launch date.

The first BWE will likely be announced around then and the launch date will follow depending on the success of the BWE. If they’re not treating HoT like an expansion however and the BWE is just a demo rather than a beta, then they might reveal the date that week at Gamescom.

I agree. The release date will be announced at GamesCom 2015, not because they want to, but because they have to.

1. In GamesCom there will be so many visitors and players asking for a release date, that they will have no choice but announce it so they will not make a bad impression to all people there.

2. You can’t go into GamesCom and ask visitors to buy an expansion that is currently in development and will have an “official launch date when we can” (Gaile Gray). Visitors will say “oh, that’s nice” and walk away.

3. Many other companies will announce their gaming/entertainment products with release dates (so players can make future financial plans to buy it). If Heart of Thorns is not presented with a release date, visitors will buy (or make plans to buy) some other product.

My opinion: Heart of Thorns will have a release date announced during GamesCom 2015.

(edited by Acrisor.8097)

Wwefan.4982

I think we will get a beta weekend next weekend and a release date at gamescom if things go well for the weekend.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

i agree with Wwefan that gamescom may be a perfect spot to say a release date.

However i bet the date will be October/November 2015.
4Q definetly.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

There is still so much to be revealed(5 elite specs) and a lot of info about precursors, legendaries, guild halls, masteries, fractals, challenging content, and PVE maps. Its nearly august. We all though back in january that august was a realistic time for the expansion to release.

The pace of content info release has been really slow honestly. Anet said things would happen fast but one piece of info a week out of dozens of info pieces is really slow.

The sad thing is the release of information is completely without structure. Some hints here, a little news there. It all feels like they are letting us know about things as soon as they possibly can.

That, in of it self, says that the xpac is still heavily in production mode.

There’s really no other reason they would be this disjointed and stingy with details when we can already buy the product. Hype generation is one thing, but this slow trickle has just made me take a “wait and see” approach instead of cracking open my wallet and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

We might get a release date(estimate) “soon” but I think people who are expecting a release before the holiday season are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Yep. Anet will drag the hype until at least summer time next year.

Wwefan.4982

I think they have a deadline now and its this year a beta weekend, then release date and the remaining info such as the revenants underwater weapons/skills, the 5 elite specs and finally hardcore content now my idea would be double up on reveals which works if its 5 maps left have a map and an elite spec and just show the elite spec in the new map just to get the work done quicker because I think if they go a whole year without LS they will have a problem on their hands.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Braxton.3926

Braxton.3926

Hi all,

I’ve been looking but I couldn’t find it -

When is the release date?

I’m just curious as I want to set aside money for it, so I’m just curious when it’s going to be out so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

They neither released a release date yet, nor did they release a date on which they will release a release date.

Braxton.3926

Well, that explains why I haven’t been able to find one.

Thanks.

Wwefan.4982

I have a theory that we will have a beta this coming weekend and then a release date at gamescom.

Sylvari mean

Braxton.3926

What’s gamescom?

Wwefan.4982

gamescom Europes big gaming convention like PAX Prime or East.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Hi all,

I’ve been looking but I couldn’t find it -

When is the release date?

I’m just curious as I want to set aside money for it, so I’m just curious when it’s going to be out so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks

Also, have a skim through this thread for the large discussion on the release date, that I will likely expect this thread to merge with soon.

Braxton.3926

Well, I’ll likely get the Pre-Order ASAP. I might get it on Saturday… Depends how things go.

Wwefan.4982

Again the whole beta weekend before gamescom release date reveal is a complete theory don’t take it as gossple.

Sylvari mean

Braxton.3926

Oh, no, I looked through my checkbook, and I have the money to get the expansion on Saturday (This upcoming Saturday), so if my GW2 experience between now and then is positive, I’m getting it.

Posted by: thiago.5608

thiago.5608

How much we will have to wait for a release date? Its taking too long, right ?

“The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.”

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

That depends, you still having fun in game? If you are, then no. If you aren’t log off and come back when it drops…around Halloween.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

thiago.5608

I’m actually playing other games at the moment, but I’m anxious for a release date. I need to organize and farm a lot of stuff before HoT arrive.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

They did say that they don’t have a release date yet as they want feedback from the betas first. So, lets hope for beats to start again first.

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I’ll take a longer beta process that gets us a better product on release (and playing other things in the meantime) over having a release date that either continuously gets pushed or an unfinished product rushed out to meet an unrealistic date.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They are probably making hardcore dungeons and more stronghold maps as we speak.

thiago.5608

They are probably making hardcore dungeons and more stronghold maps as we speak.

I’m really hoping for that!!

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I think it will be |—————————————-| that much more time.

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

I’m really hoping for that!!

Dash your hopes now, before it’s too late.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How much we will have to wait for a release date? Its taking too long, right ?

What are the alternatives?

• They release HoT early, without playtesting.
  • They release HoT even earlier, without doing any QA.
  • They release HoT early, by removing features.

In that context, no, it’s not taking “too long” — it’s taking just the right amount of time.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”