Guild chats

Guild chats

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

In Guild Wars 1, there was a fantastic feature: alliance chat. You could be in a variety of allied guilds, have guild-only conversations, and more broadly speak among a bunch of guilds in alliance chat.
I know they’re intending to tweak some guildchat features come HoT – does anyone know if this means that something like alliance chat, or hopefully even alliance chat might return?

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

Guild chats

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Well, with Heart of Thorns you will be able to see the chat of all of your Guilds you have joined at once (and I believe be able to filter which ones you want to see – correct me if I am wrong). So in a way, that can become an Alliance chat.

Edit: Here is the blog quote on that:

Blog

As of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, this will no longer be a problem; we’ll be introducing cross-guild chat. From your main guild panel, you’ll be able to assign which guilds you can chat to with new channels, /g1 through /g5. You can then decide which channels will be visible in your chat tabs. The existing guild chat channel, /g, will continue to chat to your currently represented guild. – Source

Guild chats

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

Ahh good to know. Very similar to ESO then.
Thanks!

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

Guild chats

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

All your guilds at once? That sounds all well and good for being able to see the conversation, but when you say something who hears it?
All of them? o.O
Oh it looks like guild sub-channels, I can see that working I guess.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Guild chats

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

but when you say something who hears it?
All of them? o.O.

The one you represent.
Or maybe you could /g1 /g2 /3 /g4 /g5.