Heart of Thorn is disappointing!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: IAMANDLOVE.3095

IAMANDLOVE.3095

I was very enthusiastic about heart of thorn and as a matter of fact I bought the ultimate Edition the very first day it came out! I was so hyped I give HOT a score of 10 out of 10 without even playing it. Now after 3 weeks and after getting my feet wet in raids I have to say. " boy I am wrong and boy I’m I dis-pointed!" Now I give the game a 1 out of the 10. But don’t get me wrong, I still love the base game guild war 2 I just simply don’t like the expansion!

Here are what I think is currently wrong with Heart of Thorn.

1) mastery system, to be very honest I was hyped when I first learned to fly around and started leveling my mastery points, but after a while I ask myself the simple question, what do I get for putting all this hard work into leveling my mastery? Do i get more powerful? no! Do I get better ways to farm for gold so I can save up for another legendary item? No! Do I get to unlock secret location? Yes, and its disappointing because most of the time there are no reward and I am the only one there! I just simply don’t see a point with the mastery system and as a matter of fact I have stopped leveling it and I just simply don’t care!

2) disappointed wvw, and as a matter of fact many people have stopped playing wvw, this is mainly due to the new zones being created.

3) Raid, I am very hyped about raid, but after getting my feet wet I see many problem with the current state of raid!

A) no looking for raid group on the group finder! This is just stupid because even WOW allows you to atomically look for people via the Dungeon Finder!

B) the raid mechanic are stupidly easy compared to WOW, as a matter of fact the only difficulty with the raid comes from the enrage timer, I have spend over 30 hours with various pick up group and guild trying to down the very first boss Vail Guardian and we couldn’t do it. Now I am not against hard content, what I am against is only releasing hard content and not having a similar easier difficulty. The great game developer side meier said you need at least two difficulty hard and normal. Now world of warcraft made their raid difficulty correct, they have normal difficulty, heroic and mythic! I mean come on guild war 2 development team how can you kitten this up? And is very simple to have a easier difficulty just give us more time!
Hence I suggest for raid there should be 3 difficulty
Normal engage timer goes off after 15 minute
Heroic enrage timer goes off after 12 minute
Hard enrage timer goes off after 8 minute
and to make everyone happy each difficulty give different reward, for example on hard difficulty the raid give you more guild and more crafting material for your legendary, and their should be a leader board on who can beat the raid faster!

4) Dungeons got destroyed, Dungeons use to be one of my favorite activities in Guild War two and it has always been a nice extra to get the gold and mats. Now they have nerfed dungeons down to nothing, I mean why would you nerf a fantstic content like Dungeons? WHy would you destroy the best part of guild war 2? now for people who crave 5 man dungeon content they will have to run Fractals over and over again! But they haven’t even added anything new to fractals! Its basically the same thing!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

A) no looking for raid group on the group finder! This is just stupid because even WOW allows you to atomically look for people via the Dungeon Finder!

I think it was stated they did this because they don’t view raids as being PUG content. They want them done by guild-only groups.

Of course, PUGS will eventually do the raids. It’s only a matter of time and their lack of support in the LFG for it isn’t going to change this eventual outcome.

It’s just more inconvenient.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

1)What’s your point? you listed bunch of reward that mastery never meant to give, mastery award you with new abilities and features . That is the best way of progression, we have other content to reward you gears and gold. Your points are illogical.

2)WVW is not empty, it’s simply because alot of players are still enjoying the pve content as well that new borderlands are so huge that it still feels empty even the server reached player cap.

3) The fact is raid is generally well received in the hardcore community and provided the hardcore endgame content us wanted.

A)If you lack the communication skill in order to find a group in your guild/map chat which is honestly so easy then you do not have the communication skill in order to beat raid.

B)You are saying WoW difficulty without understanding what WoW difficulty tier means, in WoW lower raid difficulty simply means lower stats and lower gear score needed , it has nothing to do with the actual difficulty. If you want easy stuff then GW2 have plenty and plenty of easy content for you everywhere in the game, raid is meant for the minority hardcore people, add easy difficulty remove the whole point of making raid.

4) Dungeon got destoryed? So you like to basically spam boring and mindless content in order to earn gold, Dungeon was bad before because it rewarded you massive amount of gold without putting in much effort at all, now it just simply reward you the right amount of gold for your effort which in my honest opinion is still to high.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

At this stage i would not trust anet to boil an egg.first big content release in years and they screwed it up.ye you got 1% going oh great we got raids,but most are saying this xpac is a mess.you grind mastery and master nothing but the ability to fail over and over and over at meta events that were never tested properly and were not fixed in-spite of community uproar.

warbignime.4610

At this stage i would not trust anet to boil an egg.first big content release in years and they screwed it up.ye you got 1% going oh great we got raids,but most are saying this xpac is a mess.you grind mastery and master nothing but the ability to fail over and over and over at meta events that were never tested properly and were not fixed in-spite of community uproar.

No, I only seeing official forum complain that xpac is a mess, majority of players are pretty happy and impressed about HoT, and official forum complainers think everything ever is a mess.

eldrin.6471

and were exactly are you getting the opinions of the majority of players from?

warbignime.4610

People playing the game, I asked many times in many occasion in game. Hundreds of people responded and people rarely dislike HoT.

eldrin.6471

so people you ask in games opinions matter more to you than the thousands of posts on these forums?well each to there own.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

1)What’s your point? you listed bunch of reward that mastery never meant to give, mastery award you with new abilities and features . That is the best way of progression, we have other content to reward you gears and gold. Your points are illogical.

I’d like to address this for a ([Edit] long rambling) moment, if you don’t mind. (And if you DO mind… oops?)

Masteries in the HoT zones are painfully limited, because they’re just what I said. In the HoT zones. When you leave, you can’t glide, there’s no mushrooms to use, no Itzel or Exalted to talk to. You’re spending millions of EXP on abilities that can only be used in a very small part of the game.

When the next expansion comes out, do you really expect to use most of this again? Do you think we’ll be seeing the familiar tree frogs or mushrooms when we go to face Jormag? And if we use gliding again, do you really expect to be able to bypass the need to learn it in the new areas by having learned it in a different environment?

It’s like working to get a legendary, only to be told that you can only us it (weapon AND skin both) in Orr. With that kind of limitation on it, is it really worth it?

I have no problem with the Central Tyria Masteries, they’re actually an interesting idea. (I do dislike the rewards nerf that came with Fractal Mastery, but that’s a different subject.) The HoT Masteries, however, are a fairly large investment that will be wasted the moment the game moves on from that area.

ANet wanted a “Metroidvania” concept here, but they’ve missed something important. In a good Metroidvania game, the abilities you gain don’t just give you access to new areas. They’re useful everywhere, often making you stronger as well. Look at Super Metroid (one of the most classic examples of this type of game). The Morph Ball is HoT’s glider, a very basic “get somewhere” power used throughout the area. But it leads to Bombs and eventually Super Bombs, both useful in combat as well as opening new areas. You need Super Missles to open green doors, but you use those in boss fights as well. High Jump Boots (HoT’s jump mushrooms) lead to and are replaced by Space Jump, which gives way to the OP Screw Attack. The improved armors let you access new areas, but also make you tougher.

In HoT, the Morph Ball can only be used in Tourian, and there are no bombs. Profoundly less impressive and hardly something to go out of your way for.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

warbignime.4610

so people you ask in games opinions matter more to you than the thousands of posts on these forums?well each to there own.

Also Reddit, if you want accurate representation reddit is the place to go, also a lot of post are made by a few people posting multiple times so thousand is kind of exaggeration , it is nothing compare to the GW2 population as a whole. The fact is people who are unhappy are way more likely to post on forum, and bad post here can not be down voted to oblivion like reddit.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Arena net have failed miserably! There is just too many things about this new expansion that’s wrong!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I don’t agree on most but I agree with LFG-tool being cluttered with a kittenload of stuff. Why they don’t introduce more tabs is just something I wonder.

Make new tabs for SW, VB, AB, TD and DS and one for Raids (and then additional ones for every additional raid). Looking through one tab with information for raids, all 4 new maps, silverwastes, dry top and random LFG for HP and achievements is not fun.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

2)WVW is not empty, it’s simply because alot of players are still enjoying the pve content as well that new borderlands are so huge that it still feels empty even the server reached player cap.

Play this mode before claiming non sense on forums. WvW is a real disaster.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

No, I only seeing official forum complain that xpac is a mess, majority of players are pretty happy and impressed about HoT, and official forum complainers think everything ever is a mess.

100s of players ingame you say…. seems you been standing around a full map whole day asking people to answer your questions? or you are exagerating. maybe you spoke with a few people only. either way you have no solid proof that it is “the majority” as it is the same for the forum posts. not.a.single.statistic.

so before you throw numbers around make a spreadsheet and gives exact numbers. oh wait it almost feels like how we have to play guild wars 2 nowadays!

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

People playing the game, I asked many times in many occasion in game. Hundreds of people responded and people rarely dislike HoT.

Gross exaggerations don’t help support an argument.

Just saying.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are not a thosuand people complaining on the forums. There are likely less than a hundred. Several of them complain constantly in every thread, so you don’t have hundreds of people actually complaining.

And in most complaint threads, not all but most, half the posts are saying something other than what the thread is saying. Saying there are thousands of people complaining on the forums is very likely inaccurate.

Posted by: Red Mistress Denna.9804

Red Mistress Denna.9804

I was very enthusiastic about heart of thorn and as a matter of fact I bought the ultimate Edition the very first day it came out! I was so hyped I give HOT a score of 10 out of 10 without even playing it. Now after 3 weeks and after getting my feet wet in raids I have to say. " boy I am wrong and boy I’m I dis-pointed!" Now I give the game a 1 out of the 10. But don’t get me wrong, I still love the base game guild war 2 I just simply don’t like the expansion!

1) mastery system, to be very honest I was hyped when I first learned to fly around and started leveling my mastery points, but after a while I ask myself the simple question, what do I get for putting all this hard work into leveling my mastery? Do i get more powerful? no! Do I get better ways to farm for gold so I can save up for another legendary item? No! Do I get to unlock secret location? Yes, and its disappointing because most of the time there are no reward and I am the only one there! I just simply don’t see a point with the mastery system and as a matter of fact I have stopped leveling it and I just simply don’t care!

2) disappointed wvw, and as a matter of fact many people have stopped playing wvw, this is mainly due to the new zones being created.

3) Raid, I am very hyped about raid, but after getting my feet wet I see many problem with the current state of raid!

B) the raid mechanic are stupidly easy compared to WOW, as a matter of fact the only difficulty with the raid comes from the enrage timer, I have spend over 30 hours with various pick up group and guild trying to down the very first boss Vail Guardian and we couldn’t do it. Now I am not against hard content, what I am against is only releasing hard content and not having a similar easier difficulty. The great game developer side meier said you need at least two difficulty hard and normal. Now world of warcraft made their raid difficulty correct, they have normal difficulty, heroic and mythic! I mean come on guild war 2 development team how can you kitten this up? And is very simple to have a easier difficulty just give us more time!
and to make everyone happy each difficulty give different reward, for example on hard difficulty the raid give you more guild and more crafting material for your legendary, and their should be a leader board on who can beat the raid faster!

4) Dungeons got destroyed, Dungeons use to be one of my favorite activities in Guild War two and it has always been a nice extra to get the gold and mats. Now they have nerfed dungeons down to nothing, I mean why would you nerf a fantstic content like Dungeons? WHy would you destroy the best part of guild war 2? now for people who crave 5 man dungeon content they will have to run Fractals over and over again! But they haven’t even added anything new to fractals! Its basically the same thing!

Personally, I love HoT and it is the only reason I have returned to GW2 from a fairly lengthy break. However, I do agree with some statements:

Namely, the Raids. I love the difficulty of the Raid. Learning the mechanics, working as a team rather than a ragtag group of DPS’ers, it’s great. But the enrage timer kinda sucks, and I would love to see tiered difficulties like you suggested. (Or even just make it like in GW1 where you got Bonuses for completing it in time). Also, the Enrage timer makes it seriously difficult (if not impossible) to utilize the ‘varied builds’ that Anet touted pre-release. You want to be a mildly tanky dps? Sorry, we’ve already got our one tank: gotta go zerker. I will grant that they have added a use for tank and healer, though.

Who knew the Jungle was filled with so much Salt
water?! -tonyajc.2618

Posted by: Red Mistress Denna.9804

Red Mistress Denna.9804

There are not a thosuand people complaining on the forums. There are likely less than a hundred. Several of them complain constantly in every thread, so you don’t have hundreds of people actually complaining.

And in most complaint threads, not all but most, half the posts are saying something other than what the thread is saying. Saying there are thousands of people complaining on the forums is very likely inaccurate.

Just wanted to say; I’ve seen your name pop up on a lot of posts and always with very reasonable, thought out and decent replies. Just wanted to say thanks for bringing some rationality to the boards.

Who knew the Jungle was filled with so much Salt
water?! -tonyajc.2618

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

So you are disappointed because you obviously didn’t read a single blog post Anet posted? Anet stated that masteries were a HORIZONTAL progression. Horizontal doesn’t mean vertical. It means you can new abilities and your skill ACTUAL SKILL will be tested. Not their fault you failed to read.

Agree and disagree. WvW sunk. But not because of the new maps. WvW has been dying for months, anyone who fails to see that is blind. Since the stab changes WvW has been losing interest. The issue with WvW are rewards. It’s not fun. It’s boring now. There’s is zero reason for anyone in the game to go into WvW.

So because you can’t find a PuG group (which they were never meant to be killed by pugs…. easily… and the fact it is TOO HARD for you makes it bad? Raids are fun. The mechanics are easy, yes, but obviously people are still struggling and unable to beat it… what does that mean? Probably communication, which is something PuGs can’t do will. If you aren’t willing to find a static raid group, you’ll be constantly disappointed.

As far as the LFG tool is concerned, really it’s just people don’t know how to use it. Stop putting FOTM lfgs in Open World Content. Stop putting Story LFGs in Open World content. Learn to read.

Dungeons did get destroyed. I would say the “best part” of GW2 is subjective. I personally enjoy open world content and find that the best. I found Fractals more entertaining than running a zerk meta through a dungeon. And fractals have changed. If they are the same thing, are you at level 100 yet?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Posted by: Meneh.2954

Meneh.2954

I hope the mastery system will get some improvements and cool additions with time, it surely sucks when it gates content/places for you but as a principle I think the mastery system is great. Right now it might not be super exciting – but now when the system is in place, there are endless possibilities for the future to add cool things. Personally I don’t see why people don’t approve!

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Personally, I love HoT and it is the only reason I have returned to GW2 from a fairly lengthy break. However, I do agree with some statements:

Namely, the Raids. I love the difficulty of the Raid. Learning the mechanics, working as a team rather than a ragtag group of DPS’ers, it’s great. But the enrage timer kinda sucks, and I would love to see tiered difficulties like you suggested. (Or even just make it like in GW1 where you got Bonuses for completing it in time). Also, the Enrage timer makes it seriously difficult (if not impossible) to utilize the ‘varied builds’ that Anet touted pre-release. You want to be a mildly tanky dps? Sorry, we’ve already got our one tank: gotta go zerker. I will grant that they have added a use for tank and healer, though.

well I am sorry to inform you but there is nothing you are missing out if you dont buy HOT!

warbignime.4610

well I am sorry to inform you but there is nothing you are missing out if you dont buy HOT!

What are you talking about he is enjoying HoT.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Also Reddit, if you want accurate representation reddit is the place to go, also a lot of post are made by a few people posting multiple times so thousand is kind of exaggeration , it is nothing compare to the GW2 population as a whole. The fact is people who are unhappy are way more likely to post on forum, and bad post here can not be down voted to oblivion like reddit.

If posts people simply disagree with are downvoted on Reddit, how is that representative? Doesn’t it simply mean that whoever gets there first, their opinion is the one on top? Be it positive or negative?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

-Don’t like the vertical maps(hoping for flat maps if another expansion comes out)
-current guild system strips players of their loot and gold
-Changes to crafting are terrible
-all the Nintendo crap
-stripping core content and reselling it in HoT
-gated content and forcing players into certain content(mastery points)

These are all things that have disappointed me about the expansion. There are things that are nice about this expansion (beautiful artwork, mastery system(filling mastery bars with experience should be enough to earn these), elite specs, guild halls(should have kept influence system and allowed these to be bought with influence), new pets are great, and some of the new events are kind of fun. It seems that this expansion is preparing to have fun before you can actually have fun.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If posts people simply disagree with are downvoted on Reddit, how is that representative? Doesn’t it simply mean that whoever gets there first, their opinion is the one on top? Be it positive or negative?

Reddit currently agrees with his opinion and so it is an accurate representation. If/When opinion on Reddit shifts so that it no longer agrees with him it will be biased and inaccurate.

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I’d like to address this for a ([Edit] long rambling) moment, if you don’t mind. (And if you DO mind… oops?)

Masteries in the HoT zones are painfully limited, because they’re just what I said. In the HoT zones. When you leave, you can’t glide, there’s no mushrooms to use, no Itzel or Exalted to talk to. You’re spending millions of EXP on abilities that can only be used in a very small part of the game.

When the next expansion comes out, do you really expect to use most of this again? Do you think we’ll be seeing the familiar tree frogs or mushrooms when we go to face Jormag? And if we use gliding again, do you really expect to be able to bypass the need to learn it in the new areas by having learned it in a different environment?

It’s like working to get a legendary, only to be told that you can only us it (weapon AND skin both) in Orr. With that kind of limitation on it, is it really worth it?

I have no problem with the Central Tyria Masteries, they’re actually an interesting idea. (I do dislike the rewards nerf that came with Fractal Mastery, but that’s a different subject.) The HoT Masteries, however, are a fairly large investment that will be wasted the moment the game moves on from that area.

ANet wanted a “Metroidvania” concept here, but they’ve missed something important. In a good Metroidvania game, the abilities you gain don’t just give you access to new areas. They’re useful everywhere, often making you stronger as well. Look at Super Metroid (one of the most classic examples of this type of game). The Morph Ball is HoT’s glider, a very basic “get somewhere” power used throughout the area. But it leads to Bombs and eventually Super Bombs, both useful in combat as well as opening new areas. You need Super Missles to open green doors, but you use those in boss fights as well. High Jump Boots (HoT’s jump mushrooms) lead to and are replaced by Space Jump, which gives way to the OP Screw Attack. The improved armors let you access new areas, but also make you tougher.

In HoT, the Morph Ball can only be used in Tourian, and there are no bombs. Profoundly less impressive and hardly something to go out of your way for.

Solid points. It’s something I’ve mentioned elsewhere – it’s one thing to add long-term horizontal progression for characters – it’s another thing entirely if 400 hours of progression turn out to be ultimately of no use outside one or two maps.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

(edited by Swift.1930)

Swift.1930

Reddit currently agrees with his opinion and so it is an accurate representation. If/When opinion on Reddit shifts so that it no longer agrees with him it will be biased and inaccurate.

Well…
1) there are people who have simply given up on the game and left without leaving feedback,
2) there are people who have simply given up on the game and said so on these forums, but nowhere else,
3) there are people who dislike the changes but grit their teeth rather than voice their concerns, and
4) there are people who dislike the changes and frequent the forums (which are the official forums for the game and don’t require creating a separate account) but don’t use Reddit.

Believe it or not, there are plenty of MMO gamers who simply aren’t social or don’t care to get involved in online discussion.

So I’m not sure why you’ve decided that because one channel (not even an official channel) agrees with an opinion, it is an accurate representation. There are countless people on these forums who are actually going out of their way to say “STOP COMPLAINING” (yep, in caps) in existing – and sometimes even new – threads. Taking Reddit information by itself is a very poor sample.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

So I’m not sure why you’ve decided that because one channel (not even an official channel) agrees with an opinion, it is an accurate representation.

I was attempting to point out, tongue in cheek, how confirmation bias works.

My apologies for not doing a better job of labeling the post as not meant to be taken seriously.

Swift.1930

So I’m not sure why you’ve decided that because one channel (not even an official channel) agrees with an opinion, it is an accurate representation.

I was attempting to point out, tongue in cheek, how confirmation bias works.

My apologies for not doing a better job of labeling the post as not meant to be taken seriously.

Hah, whoops, so you’ve been one of the good guys the whole time. Maybe I’ve read too many sour posts over the past two weeks… xP

So my constructed response was all in vain! Hope you got laughs out of it instead then. =P

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Well…
1) there are people who have simply given up on the game and left without leaving feedback,
2) there are people who have simply given up on the game and said so on these forums, but nowhere else,
3) there are people who dislike the changes but grit their teeth rather than voice their concerns, and
4) there are people who dislike the changes and frequent the forums (which are the official forums for the game and don’t require creating a separate account) but don’t use Reddit.

Believe it or not, there are plenty of MMO gamers who simply aren’t social or don’t care to get involved in online discussion.

So I’m not sure why you’ve decided that because one channel (not even an official channel) agrees with an opinion, it is an accurate representation. There are countless people on these forums who are actually going out of their way to say “STOP COMPLAINING” (yep, in caps) in existing – and sometimes even new – threads. Taking Reddit information by itself is a very poor sample.

there are many inaccuracies with reddit and should not be trusted. For example people can create multiple account or using bots!

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Everything that has happened to GW2 is because of its management. There are many talented people within the company what you can also see in the game (graphics are flawless), but they are restrained and underpaid from what I’ve learned.

While I cannot post more here, drop me a private message if you want to know why things are as they are and why a bright future is highly unlikely.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Has Anet communicated with us if any of our issues will be fixed? There seems to be a lot of unhappy customers, shouldn’t they be letting us know if they will fix it or not?

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Has Anet communicated with us if any of our issues will be fixed? There seems to be a lot of unhappy customers, shouldn’t they be letting us know if they will fix it or not?

They won’t. Look at forums of their other products. If you go to Lineage 2 forums all you see are bot/hack/RMT topics. With the F2P model in GW2 you can expect that here soon.

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

They have communicated about issues such as fractal rewards and wvw.

warbignime.4610

Well…

there are many inaccuracies with reddit and should not be trusted. For example people can create multiple account or using bots!

r/guildwars2 has thousands of users live at a time are people gonna create thousand of bots to compete with them? The fact is bad post can be downvoted to oblivion, and if someone creat endless complain thread you know what people gonna do there.

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

[/quote]r/guildwars2 has thousands of users live at a time are people gonna create thousand of bots to compete with them? The fact is bad post can be downvoted to oblivion, and if someone creat endless complain thread you know what people gonna do there.[/quote]

Dude, your fanboi is showing. Stop spreading misinformation, the reddit forums look almost identical, even with the down vote option. Face it, there is a large majority of the player base upset with the direction of this game. Even that_shaman has expressed his disapproval with this expansion. People have the right to be unsatisfied with this expansion. They have the right to also enjoy it. But please stop making kitten up to support your argument.

warbignime.4610

r/guildwars2 has thousands of users live at a time are people gonna create thousand of bots to compete with them? The fact is bad post can be downvoted to oblivion, and if someone creat endless complain thread you know what people gonna do there.[/quote]

Dude, your fanboi is showing. Stop spreading misinformation, the reddit forums look almost identical, even with the down vote option. Face it, there is a large majority of the player base upset with the direction of this game. Even that_shaman has expressed his disapproval with this expansion. People have the right to be unsatisfied with this expansion. They have the right to also enjoy it. But please stop making kitten up to support your argument.[/quote]

Identical? You go on Reddit front page right now and tell me if you see 20 thread complaiming about same thing. There are mutiple shout out, news and guide, I am never against the idea people complain but that is all people do here, reddit is helping the player base and providing constructive feedback forum is not.

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

^ Official forum complaining topics are filled with a vocal minority, although some of the complaints are valid.
You’ll see the same people over and over again in the last update’s topic complaining about what they added/removed/did/didn’t do.
Reddit is used by way more people, that’s why you don’t get to see the same people whining over and over, the pointless whining topics get downvoted to hell.
The gap’s so big that just the first 3 topics on reddit(not counting sticky ofc) atm have more posts than the first page of this forum lol.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

(edited by Raziel.4216)

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Reddit is not an authority on what players are actually feeling and doing. All Reddit is is a group of internet peeps that hold multiple accounts to try to control popular opinion on things to fit their view… any schmuck can make 500 accounts, log in and quietly downvote anything to oblivion making it look like “community standards”… Any forum that allows others views to not be seen and heard is no “voice” for the community.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Simple fact about MMOs: Happy players are too busy enjoying the game to complain. Unhappy players post on the forums.

Edit: Please note the exceptions are white knights and trolls. They have their own agenda.

Gone to Reddit.

Raziel.4216

Reddit is not an authority on what players are actually feeling and doing. All Reddit is is a group of internet peeps that hold multiple accounts to try to control popular opinion on things to fit their view… any schmuck can make 500 accounts, log in and quietly downvote anything to oblivion making it look like “community standards”… Any forum that allows others views to not be seen and heard is no “voice” for the community.

There’re multiple anti-bot checks.
Reddit has always been more populated than any particular game’s forum, it’s not just gw2.
You’ll still see complaints, just not the “everything sucks, game’s doomed, it’s about to die!!” that you’ll find on these forums, for the last 3 years.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I sometime believe Im on the wrong forum, while I am in game, people are having fun, my friend list has never been so active, same for my guild (80%+) acitivity, the game is beautiful and engaging and I finally havr end game progression!

Then I log on the forum and it’s the end of the world, children are crying, kitten are burning, donald trump has been elected president. Seriously I am not sure were playing the same game.

Raziel.4216

Reddit is used by way more people, that’s why you don’t get to see the same people whining over and over, the pointless whining topics get downvoted to hell.
The gap’s so big that just the first 3 topics on reddit(not counting sticky ofc) atm have more posts than the first page of this forum lol.

Reddit (any topic) is just a circlejerking meme-spouting hivemind.

We just found out there’s an upcoming WvW overhaul in that hivemind.
The meme-spouting hivemind gets more devs post, must be a reason :P

Raziel.4216

I sometime believe Im on the wrong forum, while I am in game, people are having fun, my friend list has never been so active, same for my guild (80%+) acitivity, the game is beautiful and engaging and I finally havr end game progression!

Then I log on the forum and it’s the end of the world, children are crying, kitten are burning, donald trump has been elected president. Seriously I am not sure were playing the same game.

Your friends are busy playing, they have little to no reason to come forums and try to have a somewhat decent discussion with the doomsayers.

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

No offense razial, but its true… it is very hive minded and even with bot checks, if certain opinions are not mimic’d, they get downvoted. Anytime you have a general populuos with the ability to limit what others say and voice, you no longer have an unbiased community… it is forever tainted with bias. And the reason it gets Dev posts is because the current opinion is Anet can do no wrong there. which leads me to believe other nefarious things are being done there with the support of Anet (such as review rigging etc).

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

warbignime.4610 you are so confused… look at the forums, 50% of people don’t like HoT, due to time gating, grinding, 80-90% of people don’t like WvW, or already quit.
I like to raid, I don’t like the timer on raid, you have to abuse TS to defeat the raid bosses… anyone who beats Raid Bosses without TS pls put a video on y0utub3! I think I will see one video in half a year or one year! That hard is the raiding content! It should be done without abusing other things… if it is such a good game, why do we always need TS to defeat world bosses, do meta events…?!
Don’t tell me that Teq and DS are world bosses and meta events and don’t require TS, then look at TD needs TS, Raid content needs it to (2 example already)
When you require TS, if not —> you fail 100%, then it is the proof that something is wrong there…

Raziel.4216

warbignime.4610 you are so confused… look at the forums, 50% of people don’t like HoT, due to time gating, grinding, 80-90% of people don’t like WvW, or already quit.

I’ma pull numbers just as relevant, with as much real & verifiable data to back’em up.
Look at the game, 80% love HoT and 90-95% like WvW and will never quit.

Raziel.4216

No offense razial, but its true… it is very hive minded and even with bot checks, if certain opinions are not mimic’d, they get downvoted. Anytime you have a general populuos with the ability to limit what others say and voice, you no longer have an unbiased community… it is forever tainted with bias. And the reason it gets Dev posts is because the current opinion is Anet can do no wrong there. which leads me to believe other nefarious things are being done there with the support of Anet (such as review rigging etc).

Oh yes the evil reddit folk hiding the truth, they’re working so hard to hide the fact that this game’s failing, or that everyone dislikes LS1/LS2/WvW/HoT/Ascended/Fractals/insert any controversial thing here.
When ascended came out, doomsayers were sure that was the end, while reddit didn’t look so grim….
Then LS1 came out, now it was foreal, the game was going in a bad direction it was sure to fail.
Then LS2 came out, this time it was for sure.
Now HoT came out, there’s no way it’ll make it.
Ah such a conspiracy! the poor silent majority isn’t heard! yeah, no.

You may have to consider the – dramatic pause – possibility that a sizeable portion of the comunity doesn’t agree with you. Or at least, it’s not reflected in a forum with a much larger pool of players.

warbignime.4610

I like to raid, I don’t like the timer on raid, you have to abuse TS to defeat the raid bosses… anyone who beats Raid Bosses without TS pls put a video on y0utub3! I think I will see one video in half a year or one year! That hard is the raiding content! It should be done without abusing other things… if it is such a good game, why do we always need TS to defeat world bosses, do meta events…?!
Don’t tell me that Teq and DS are world bosses and meta events and don’t require TS, then look at TD needs TS, Raid content needs it to (2 example already)
When you require TS, if not —> you fail 100%, then it is the proof that something is wrong there…

Abuse TS? What you mean abuse do you know what abuse means? What’s wrong with hardcore content require communication?

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

1) I think the mastery system is fine, sure it could be improved though. And by that I don’ mean MORE (crappy) MASTERIES. But better masteries and more useful ones.

2) I can’t really talk about WvW because i’m not a WvW player myself but I assume people want to play the new content. I wouldn’t blame it on the new maps though. I feel like it will get better over time once people get used to them and got tired of other HoT content.

3) I think the raid is fine, nice & challenging. There should be an LFG tab though, sure maybe it wasn’t designed to be pugged, but people will do it anyway. So better give it to them.

4) Yeah the only thing I really agree with. Dungeons were quick, easy & fun. It’s sad that people who like doing dungeons are completely screwed now.