Heart of Thorns, new playable Races?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dragisnaj.2053

Dragisnaj.2053

Hi,

thought it would be nice to revive this old Topic, will there be also new playable Races with the new Addon?

as in this Topic “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Largos-as-a-playable-race” it would be very nice if you could bring the Largos or Tengu also as playable Races, or even bouth of them!!

Thx

Posted by: MMOGamer.6175

MMOGamer.6175

That will be $10 for each new playable race and you will have to buy humans again, I know we already have them………..but still.

Glad ArenaNet isn’t a car dealership.
You would have to rebuy your old car packaged with your new car.

Posted by: Dragisnaj.2053

Dragisnaj.2053

do you mean because of the Character slots?

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

They said no unfortunately

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: LesserHellspawn.3160

LesserHellspawn.3160

I don’t think we’ll see any before we actually move on to Cantha and Elona. I think Tengu were planned once, after all they have their city area laid out and that is bordering a level 1 and a level 15 area, as it should, but obviously they were canned.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Anet has said the following about adding new races:

Shacknews: You’ve added a new profession, however you did hold off on adding a new race. What led to this decision?

Johanson: For this one, we looked at what we would get out of adding a new race and what benefit it actually brings to the players from a gameplay standpoint. It’s very limited in Guild Wars 2. A new race adds a racial skill or two and a little bit of story, but it doesn’t give that much meaningful gameplay in the grand scheme of things. The race is more context for the early story that you experience. So we wanted to focus things that would provide a lot more gameplay and address parts of Guild Wars 2 that we felt like we really wanted to be able to make a better experience and grow. So right now, we didn’t feel that a new race was a key need for the game, whereas the other things that we’re adding really provide fundamental building blocks for the future.

Basically, they want to want to focus on gameplay/features for now but they might add new races in the future.

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

It was very disappointing, but I have high hopes (that might be crushed) that this expansion is to pave the way for easier implementation of future content, and the next one will offer more flavour – such as races!

I’d kill for an Elementalist Kodan or a Largos Ranger!

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

It was very disappointing, but I have high hopes (that might be crushed) that this expansion is to pave the way for easier implementation of future content, and the next one will offer more flavour – such as races!

I’d kill for an Elementalist Kodan or a Largos Ranger!

Skritt thief.

because all your shinies are belong to me.

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

any new races would have been announced at PAX along with the rest of the major features

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

I hope they’ll add skritts as a playable race someday :P

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Dibs on a P/P female Skritt thief named Skritty-Skritty Bang-Bang.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: GeekDavid.2786

GeekDavid.2786

A new playable race might — might — make HoT worth the price they’re asking for it.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

A new play-able race adds next to no gameplay or content and actually has a negative impact on the rate new armor skins are added (they now have to be designed for 6 races not 5) and content is added (dialogue /voice recording now takes 2 additional voice actors etc.)

I’m glad they’re focusing more on advanced content not fluff.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Pretty sure if there was a new playable race that they’d have mentioned it by now, but perhaps the “challenging group content” is the skritt playable race since they’re smarter when more of them get together.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i’m guessing this is a result of the dreaded skill balancing, bringing in a new race means bringing in new race specific skills means balancing it into the current game balance.

This was a big deal in gw1 which is why they fixated certain builds in the weapons in gw2 – the players were simply brilliant and constantly coming up with op builds sending the developers back to the drawing board….i believe they grew to really dislike constantly re-balancing the skills -snicker- at least they have it down to polishing and tweaking, not completely revamping. they take their skill balancing very seriously! As is they probably spent a lot of time balancing the new skills they added.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Actually there is going to be a new race. They’re called the Avwhe, rumor has it that stands for Angry Vets Who’ve Had Enough.

Good luck trying to see one, though. They have a special racial skill of quantum-shift invisibility. It will be as if they’re not even there.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

GeekDavid.2786

Actually there is going to be a new race. They’re called the Avwhe, rumor has it that stands for Angry Vets Who’ve Had Enough.

Good luck trying to see one, though. They have a special racial skill of quantum-shift invisibility. It will be as if they’re not even there.

Brilliant!

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

There is no new race, because the race associated with Mordremoth is Sylvari.
Bubbles can either be Quaggan or Largos, Primodus will probably open Tengu, Krakle will reveal Elona, which could be a number of choices, mainly Centaurs who are plagued by Palawa Joko’s evil. Jormag could be Kodan.

This is pure speculation.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

+10^100 !!!!!!!

GeekDavid.2786

+10^100 !!!!!!!

Many of us likely won’t be around to see it, with ANet kittening us the way they are now.

Besides, the way ANet is doing things at the moment, they’ll promise you a new race for years and then not deliver.