Help understanding this...?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I just finished off my guardian, she is 100% DragonHunter now, yay me, but, I am having huge trouble with a couple of things

First and most importantly; Spear of Justice.

This Virtue confuses me, what is Tether? what does that mean and what am I suppose to be doing with it. I use it, I see the chain, sure, but I have no clue what it’s doing

Secondly: I wish I could word this better for you all, but, alas, I cannot.
The original F1 2 and 3 on the Virtues, I loved them, they were great and I was a HUGE believer in them. Now they all change when equipping Dragonhunter and I wonder which one is better to use, Virtues or Dragonhunter.

I have already received complaints not to lay any wells, but rather shouts instead.
I haven’t gotten the bow mechanics down pat yet and it’ll be a long time before I do, so I just stopped using the kitten thing for now.
I’m so confused.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Sparrowlicious.3890

Sparrowlicious.3890

Tether: You chain enemies together and you have to press F1 again to pull them to you, it’s like GS 5.
Virtues: These have the same passive skill as on guardian, but the active sill changes. So in my opinion, dragon hunter gives you more options here to use your virtues. F2 let’s you jump towards other players and heal yourself and them for a greater amount than before. F3 gives you an active shield in front of you for a short time instead of only granting aegis. That’s a nice touch.

Not sure about people not wanting your ‘wells’, my best guess is that those might be light fields and no one wants that.

Posted by: Nadroz.4592

Nadroz.4592

Spear of Justice active: enemies hit with this will have burn applied to them every 1 second for 6 seconds, it can pierce through and hit multiple enemies. Recharges 5 seconds faster than the basic virtue.
When there’s at least one enemy tethered by it you can use “Hunter’s Verdict” to pull the tethered enemies and break the tether, this pull has a 40 second cooldown separate of the spear.

Wings of Resolve active: Heals more than its basic virtue version and removes immobilize. Recharges 20 seconds faster than the basic virtue.
I also often use it to get out of the way of an incoming big attack if I’m out of dodge, sometimes just use it to heal allies even if I don’t need the heal, and even just to travel a little faster.

Shield of Courage active: Blocks most attacks from infront of you still applies aegis to allies nearby. Same recharge as the basic virtue.