Hero Points for Elite specs

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: schulzki.1862

schulzki.1862

hey

I heard today you need to complete hero challenges and get map rewards to choose the new elite specs. i thought until now it will be available at lvl 80, as the other specs. from the point of a WvW only player, to be honest, that would suck! a LOT!!! i play all classes in WvW and would have to do the maps/challenges with ALL of them to play a class mechanic??!

cheerz!

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

One more incentive to get all of your characters to level 80. At level 80, you have enough Hero Points for all of the core training, so you would only need to do some extra hero challenges to complete the Elite Specializations.

As you are already doing WvW with these characters, you should be level 80 quite quickly.

schulzki.1862

ty for the response

i am allready lvl 80 with all of my chars (saving tomes for my necro). do you know how many hero points more i need? one of my guild members said it would be around 175 for elite spec/skills and 250 in total for a special weapon on top. he said that was reveald through some datamining… i mean there are 189 hero points all over the world, soo… i would have to do almost everything just for the elite spec

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

ty for the response

i am allready lvl 80 with all of my chars (saving tomes for my necro). do you know how many hero points more i need? one of my guild members said it would be around 175 for elite spec/skills and 250 in total for a special weapon on top. he said that was reveald through some datamining… i mean there are 189 hero points all over the world, soo… i would have to do almost everything just for the elite spec

There is no way that unlocking an elite spec would cost 175 hero points, since it would mean that every expansion (and any other elite spec update) should release +-175 hero points which is a full tyria worth of skill challenges. That can never fit in one or two zones.

EverythingOP

schulzki.1862

ty for the response

There is no way that unlocking an elite spec would cost 175 hero points, since it would mean that every expansion (and any other elite spec update) should release +-175 hero points which is a full tyria worth of skill challenges. That can never fit in one or two zones.

you can not imagine how much i hope that you are right on this one but still… why is it that we have to do hero challenges to unlock class mechanics, even if they are elite…? why not give it to those ppl who purchased HoT?

Zalladi.4652

you can not imagine how much i hope that you are right on this one but still… why is it that we have to do hero challenges to unlock class mechanics, even if they are elite…? why not give it to those ppl who purchased HoT?

Because it is effectively how ANet are giving us new profession mechanics akin to how other MMO’s make you level up to unlock new skills with their expansions. As HoT has no level cap increase, this is their method of having players unlock new skills/mechanics for their professions.

It gives HoT some more gameplay incentive, which I personally think is for the better, but can understand where it will be frustrating (I have 8 characters, and I know of others that have 60 characters, so I understand the annoyance it might cause).

schulzki.1862

Because it is effectively how ANet are giving us new profession mechanics akin to how other MMO’s make you level up to unlock new skills with their expansions. As HoT has no level cap increase, this is their method of having players unlock new skills/mechanics for their professions.

It gives HoT some more gameplay incentive, which I personally think is for the better, but can understand where it will be frustrating (I have 8 characters, and I know of others that have 60 characters, so I understand the annoyance it might cause).

do we have some solid numbers for the hero points wich will be needed to unlock the elite spec? i mean, if its 20 i can live with it, but so far, for what i know 4 skills, 1 elite and all the traits would cost 91 hero points (i do not know how my guildmate came to 175, but he said it was datamined…), wich is to kittening much from a wvw point of view…. again: i only play wvw, with very little (very!) pve sometimes.

the solution would be to make the elite specs free for wvw, as they are for pvp.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_point

skills:
4×5 utility
1×9 elite
1×2 healing
traits:
1×2 adept minor
3×3 adept major
1×4 master minor
3×5 master major
1×6 grandmaster minor
3×8 grandmaster major

(edited by schulzki.1862)

Zalladi.4652

the solution would be to make the elite specs free for wvw, as they are for pve.

They made that solution for sPVP, but as WvW doesn’t require gear/build balancing and equality, they did not make it automatic for WvW as well. Here is the quote for it being automatic for sPVP:

Blog

PvP players won’t have to worry about unlocking anything, as all skills and traits will be automatically unlocked upon entering the Heart of the Mists. – Source

As for your other question, we don’t know the exact amount, but I would suspect it is closer to the 91 you suggested, as the Elite Specialization consists of one new trait line, 4 utility skills, 1 healing skill and 1 elite skill. So it should be similar to already existing specializations.

schulzki.1862

the solution would be to make the elite specs free for wvw, as they are for pve.

They made that solution for sPVP, but as WvW doesn’t require gear/build balancing and equality, they did not make it automatic for WvW as well. Here is the quote for it being automatic for sPVP:

Blog

PvP players won’t have to worry about unlocking anything, as all skills and traits will be automatically unlocked upon entering the Heart of the Mists. – Source

As for your other question, we don’t know the exact amount, but I would suspect it is closer to the 91 you suggested, as the Elite Specialization consists of one new trait line, 4 utility skills, 1 healing skill and 1 elite skill. So it should be similar to already existing specializations.

well, thank you for burying my hope mate
if this is how its going to be, i am sure i will absolutely hate to get the elite specs for every single char i have and i am also sure nobody at anet gives a kitten about it. sometimes its really hard to be a wvw player….

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

It seems clear to me that A-net assumes that players will have 1-3 characters or so. For those of us with significantly more (17 lv. 80’s for me, 2 of each profession) this will be a huge PITA. At least A-net could make the unlocks account-wide. If a player has 3 warriors (as I do) then only 1 warrior character would need to unlock the specialization….

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

Yeah, it was datamined that 170 hero points would be needed to unlock an elite spec’s skills and traits, and an additional 80 points (250 points total) would be needed to obtain the two special skins for each elite spec.

Leveling up to 80 gives you 398 hero points, which is just enough to unlock all the core traits and skills for a class. There are a total of 214 hero points located throughout the world (including PvE zones, WvW, and the krait shard obelisk in the home instance), so HoT would have to introduce 36 points, which is fine (4 new maps in HoT = 9 hero points per map). But like someone above mentioned, each expansion would then have to introduce 250 hero points (assuming each class gets a new elite spec per expansion), which is a bit ridiculous, considering that there are 200+ hero points in ALL of Tyria atm.

None of the above is set in stone, of course. I hope it isn’t. I just ran my thief through almost every zone to get 170 hero points in preparation for HoT, and while it fortunately didn’t take that long (thank you thief mobility), it was mind-numbingly boring. Can’t wait to do it on my engi and mesmer.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

ty for the response

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3iz5oo/data_mining_hero_points_and_specialization_tracks/

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

sad but true, yes you’ll have to farm those Hero’s Challenge.. now go do some PvE you WvW scrub…. !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

That is a lot of points but I wonder how many skill points will be introduced in HoT and possible new maps in Season 3 and beyond.

Not to mention how will Professions have access to their future Elite Specializations such as the 2nd Elite Specialization set.