HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Arkenbon.7301

Arkenbon.7301

Still not enough for me to justify a purchase, it needs to be ten USD cheaper and change the character slot to 800 gems. I don’t need another character slot so this has done nothing to change my mind.

What content they have shown doesn’t add up to be a fifty dollar value, we still don’t have a release date, and they have’t shown much of what’s even in the expansion.

(edited by Arkenbon.7301)

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I am ecstatic. Seriously. This is a best-case-scenario. Just bought the Ultimate Edition… not because it’s a great value (though I do think so), but because I want to show my appreciation for A-Net’s willingness to do the RIGHT THING!

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I am ecstatic. Seriously. This is a best-case-scenario. Just bought the Ultimate Edition… not because it’s a great value (though I do think so), but because I want to show my appreciation for A-Net’s willingness to do the RIGHT THING!

It’s good but I wouldn’t say best case.

My primary concern 75 euro (that’s 85-95$ for you Americans) is a very high cost for the deluxe version of a small expansion, I was hoping they’d lower it to 60 Euro as well as the slot.
But yes it’s still better than nothing

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

The added Character Slot is really the only way this whole scenario could’ve gone. It’s certainly appreciated.

However, I now have the ’buyer’s hesitation’, and found plenty of things in my Steam Library to do instead. I remain unconvinced about Anet’s sincerity and believe this only an effort to stop the rot. The core game is fine, even if now I have game that is only half a story with the other half locked behind the paywall.

Civ 5 will be getting a whole new lease of life :P

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

ok wait…

For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

So those who would wait to buy it after the launch won’t get a character slot??

This is more than reasonable now though. Essentially, you get the expansion for $40 now, because you also get a character slot. Consider this a bonus to pre-purchasing. It also says “before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns’ launch”, meaning right up until the day before it launches, when we know all the information about the expansion, if you pre-purchase it, you get the extra slot.

Ah yes. In fact, I see a character slot as an incentive to pre-purchase it and it would make all sense if it’s only valid for pre-purchase. At least it’s better now and this is how it should have been before all. Before, veteran players intending to buy the basic version had kind of none incentive to pre-purchase, but 1 character slot is already something to get people interested.

However, for me I still would need to wait it to go on sale or something. Exchange rates at my place sux at the moment and I would pay way higher than what I paid for the core game, but this issue is nothing they could do anyway.

Anyhow, yes now it’s a more reasonable offer and could get me more interested into thinking about purchasing it or not. And $50 still feels high but gotta way and see if the content will really worth it.

Verily, it is written, none but the most faithful may enter the Kingdom of HoT with a free character slot.

Hehe :P

Posted by: Zeno Iagara.8540

Zeno Iagara.8540

The character slot does nothing for me personally, I’ve not seen or heard anthing to suggest to me that HoT is worth the money.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I guess sales are not going well ?

Still not pre-purchasing till we get full info on HoT.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Does this mean I win? I guessed that we’d be up to 100 pages till they finally responded. Where is my celebratory cookie?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Does this mean I win? I guessed that we’d be up to 100 pages till they finally responded. Where is my celebratory cookie?

It’s in the Ultimate Package.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It’s in the Ultimate Package.

Nooooooooooo! -Shakes fists-

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It’s included for free with your purchase of the chocolate chips. :p

You get 1 cookie point. Only 8,887 more to go for a free cookie.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE!!!
1 Character slot isn’t what I wanted… But I find it acceptable. Thank you for listening. Ultimate will be purchased shortly.

Can a red shirt please post a link to it here for easy findings, just in case other people look here and not on the main site?

“In the future, if we release further Guild Wars 2 expansions, we plan to offer all of the prior expansions, the core game, and the latest expansion for one single purchase price.”

I would like to see this part ammended, "… For one single purchase price for newcomers. As well as some sort of additional perk/bonus for existing players. "

EDIT: speeling… I was too excited!

Posted by: Georemjimg.3490

Georemjimg.3490

I’m sure this was already said somewhere here, but 100+ pages of forum hurts my brain…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Pre-Purchase-Community-Address/5190271

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Congratulations to those that have attained victory.

I don’t want to say “riot for everything ever”, or something like that. But you should definitely always try to get the best bang for your buck, even if you have to make some racket to get a company to pay attention. Never assume that them getting your money is a done deal if you ever feel some hesitation about the product you are purchasing.

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Well. It was an interesting read over the past few days.

I’ll be sad to see it go! lol.

End.

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Congrats thread for getting this far, was nice to read and argue with you people

Posted by: ngtv.8350

ngtv.8350

I will wait for regular purchase and see what content will actually be added as 50$ before buying.

I play solo a lot, due to RL obligations and I really don’t wont to be a “quitter” in 15+ min games which in my case would happen often. Solo play is practically not existing in GW2 at least considered through rewards. Resource gathering, world bosses or champ trains will provide you some money but if in case of real skill there is nothing to do. You can force group content solo, do the same thing for same reward as in a group for 5 times longer period. Map completion is fun but absolutely not rewarding at all…

Therefore for me personally(not saying this is a general case) it will depend a lot about new content or changes in that direction and for 50$ this would really need to be a lot…

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Well. It was an interesting read over the past few days.

I’ll be sad to see it go! lol.

End.

I don’t expect it to as the character slot was one (albeit a major) issue. Issues about price point for the content as described and the continuing sense that the core game is being purchased twice as they still have no upgrade option that doesn’t feel like a bundle containing software we already own still linger.

This change will drive more sales but will it be enough? Time will tell

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Feralnex.4072

Feralnex.4072

So when next expansion will come out I’ll pay again 50$ (or 75$ for deluxe) so price for me (veteran) for all of this will be 150$ (or 225$ for all deluxe) and new players will have to pay only 50$ (or 75$ for deluxe) to have all of it? Or even if they will have to buy two expansions so It will be still not fair (100$ or 150$ for deluxe). Veteran players are less important? Since when veterans have to pay more?

Posted by: FirebrandFrog.7603

FirebrandFrog.7603

ok wait…

For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

So those who would wait to buy it after the launch won’t get a character slot??

The idea is that if you’re buying it after it comes out, it’s because you’re waiting… well, weeks or months after it came out, when real content for the expac should be a thing.

Even though that content should be there right at the beginning but hey, New ANet takes a lot of hard drugs to think the way they do.

Briar Stoneheart, 80 Warrior | Erik Haptem, 80 Necromancer
(currently leveling: a Mesmer, an Engineer, and a Guardian)

Posted by: Ponkie Poe.5043

Ponkie Poe.5043

Personally it feels like a giant middle finger to all vet players who have to pay as much for half the content as new players get for the same price, its a bonus for new players but AENet looks like they want to shaft existing players for as much as possible.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

$50 bundle for new players is a very good deal.
$50 upgrade to my current software, not so much.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

$50 bundle for new players is a very good deal.
$50 upgrade to my current software, not so much.

What’s funny is, my 3 newer accounts get a discount toward HoT. Meanwhile, my original accounts will cost more to upgrade. Kinda of the exact opposite of what I’d hope for. The latest accounts I was going to wait until there was a black Friday or Wintersday / Christmas sale. Still a bit of a mess but, it’s some progress in the right direction.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

“We want to be clear about our business model for future expansions now that we are approaching our first paid expansion for Guild Wars 2. We believe that to keep the game dynamic and vibrant with a constantly growing community, it should be as easy as possible for new players to get into Guild Wars 2. For Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we didn’t want the core game’s price to be a factor in a new player’s decision to begin playing Guild Wars 2. In the future, if we release further Guild Wars 2 expansions, we plan to offer all of the prior expansions, the core game, and the latest expansion for one single purchase price.

You guys do realize that they will use this^ as an excuse the continuously raise the price on us, right? $49.99 = HoT $59.99 = Future expansion: aka because it includes HoT already.

That extra character slot still isn’t a sure fire thing. I’m going to wait until they’ve expanded their servers, dropped the price, or whatever before buying HoT sorry.

Posted by: Haerzog.6537

Haerzog.6537

Chiming in with my two cents; I will never pay fifty bucks for an expansion, even if the base game comes ‘au gratis’, when I have no need for, and will never HAVE a need for, a second CD-key for the base game.

Fortunately, I am blessed with sufficient patience that I can wait a year or more for the appropriate measures to be taken, either a separate upgrade price, without the ‘free’ anchor, or a sale which drops the price by at least half, to the appropriate price range for expansions.

Posted by: Borridian.1852

Borridian.1852

Yay!
ANet added a character slot for the vets!
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

Personally it feels like a giant middle finger to all vet players who have to pay as much for half the content as new players get for the same price, its a bonus for new players but AENet looks like they want to shaft existing players for as much as possible.

You’re kidding me right? If you’re a veteran player then you’ve had this game a significant amount of time at least a year but I think more for most “veterans” so you’ve already gotten your moneys worth. All of us “veterans” (including me, I’ve been playing since 2012, enjoyed this game when it was the latest and greatest MMO out at the time and playing games when they are new and fresh costs more). Also, everyone who already owns this game and is actually a “veteran player” is going to have a massive advantage over newbies who just get the base game free because you will have level 80 characters, gold on your account, achievements, unlocked, experience with various classes, the list goes on… Why are so many of you “veterans” acting like your $60.00 back when you bought the game early on was worth nothing? You’ve been enjoying this game the whole time while new players are just going to realize what they’ve been missing out on (FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS!). Place some value on the time, and experiences you have had with the game that these newbies will never get to have. Also, products depreciate over time, its completely plausible for Guild Wars 2’s base game to not be worth $60.00 dollars anymore so everyone whining about the price difference is acting like its still 2012 and you got shafted…news flash its 2015 and the game is 3 years old. WAKE THE KITTEN UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE

We got a free character slot (which should have been standard so we can all enjoy Revenant) so be grateful and get HYPED for HoT!

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

(edited by MomentofWeakness.1246)

Posted by: Borridian.1852

Borridian.1852

You’re kidding me right? If you’re a veteran player then you’ve had this game a significant amount of time at least a year but I think more for most “veterans” so you’ve already gotten your moneys worth. All of us “veterans” (including me, I’ve been playing since 2012, enjoyed this game when it was the latest and greatest MMO out at the time and playing games when they are new and fresh costs more). Also, everyone who already owns this game and is actually a “veteran player” is going to have a massive advantage over newbies who just get the base game free because you will have level 80 characters, gold on your account, achievements, unlocked, experience with various classes, the list goes on… Why are so many of you “veterans” acting like your $60.00 back when you bought the game early on was worth nothing? You’ve been enjoying this game the whole time while new players are just going to realize what they’ve been missing out on (FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS!). Place some value on the time, and experiences you have had with the game that these newbies will never get to have. Also, products depreciate over time, its completely plausible for Guild Wars 2’s base game to not be worth $60.00 dollars anymore so everyone whining about the price difference is acting like its still 2012 and you got shafted…news flash its 2015 and the game is 3 years old. WAKE THE KITTEN UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE

We got a free character slot (which should have been standard so we can all enjoy Revenant) so be grateful and get HYPED for HoT!

Very good post, btw
And you are totally right. People should put value on the enjoyment that they have already had from the game. Most of you were probably already going to get HoT regardless of price, you all just wanted to push Anet to add more stuff on.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

so be grateful and get HYPED for HoT!

How about I use common sense and remain cautious of any purchase? Going “ZOMG get Hyped” leads to impulse buying and wasteful spending.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

MomentofWeakness.1246

Very good post, btw
And you are totally right. People should put value on the enjoyment that they have already had from the game. Most of you were probably already going to get HoT regardless of price, you all just wanted to push Anet to add more stuff on.

Thank you, yeah I have 6,000 hours of game time in Guild Wars 2 already. So I’d say that I’ve gotten my moneys worth. Newbies don’t have any hours its that simple. I’m looking forward to the easy bags in WvW already.

WvW Commander – NA PST

Ponkie Poe.5043

Well apparently the base game is worth $0 now because HoT is the full price of the base game when it was new, all this complaining about how just because we have played the game already that we should be “grateful” for everything ‘glorious overlord’ AENet has given us and that if we don’t like it we are just ‘ungrateful entitled players’, so what if we have spent time on it? does that make us less important as players to the extent where we should pay full price again? the free char slot is negligible as you can buy them for the equivalent of $5 USD, Advantage over new players, please it takes all of a few hours in EotM to max a char’s level and earn a ton of gold in the process or just buy gold with gems since we should just throw money carelessly at AENet regardless of what is given in exchange. AENET places no value on the time spent by players in game and having these “Experiences” had in game and that despite supporting the game since its release we should pay a total of double what players who have just joined pay, shouldn’t it cost the same for content regardless of playtime? or is that just ‘too much to ask’ in your eyes? don’t get me wrong i want HoT but it is unfair that people pay more if they have already bought the game.

(edited by Ponkie Poe.5043)

MomentofWeakness.1246

Well apparently the base game is worth $0 now because HoT is the full price of the base game when it was new, all this complaining about how just because we have played the game already that we should be “grateful” for everything ‘glorious overlord’ AENet has given us and that if we don’t like it we are just ‘ungrateful entitled players’, so what if we have spent time on it? does that make us less important as players to the extent where we should pay full price again? the free char slot is negligible as you can buy them for the equivalent of $5 USD, Advantage over new players, please it takes all of a few hours in EotM to max a char’s level and earn a ton of gold in the process or just buy gold with gems since we should just throw money carelessly at AENet regardless of what is given in exchange. AENET places no value on the time spent by players in game and having these “Experiences” had in game and that despite supporting the game since its release we should pay a total of double what players who have just joined pay, shouldn’t it cost the same for content regardless of playtime? or is that just ‘too much to ask’ in your eyes? don’t get me wrong i want HoT but it is unfair that people pay more if they have already bought the game.

The answer is no it shouldn’t cost the same…If two people buy a car one buys it in 2012 when its brand new and the other buys it in 2015 when its 3 years old should the guy who got the car in 2012 have a right to complain that the guy who buys the car in 2015 got a better price for the car? Of course NOT because the car is 3 years old…

That’s an analogy of course but you sound like the guy who bought the car in 2012 and wants a 2015 price for it…stop being bitter and be realistic. The game is 3 years old, if you’ve owned the game for at least a year I do not feel bad for you, you got your moneys worth.

If anything you should be happy they’re including the base-game for new players for free because it means we can have a larger, more active community which means the game will last longer and our in-game experience will be of a higher quality.

WvW Commander – NA PST

(edited by MomentofWeakness.1246)

Posted by: Rodnix.4263

Rodnix.4263

And so, ANet will close the chapter on this thread, (ignoring other items that needs ironing out) and will remain in GW2 history of “When vets retaliate” case study.

We understand the last statement which was a sublime way of saying, conditions apply.
But remember this case study for future pricing options. And weigh in all prospects and permutations and combinations before making a decision on Price.

But who am i kidding, this post will go on~~~ (i suppose)

Posted by: Changeling Dash.4782

Changeling Dash.4782

The answer is no it shouldn’t cost the same…

But it should cost something. It just can’t cost 0$. If it is – please give me 10 copies. For FREE.

And as it costs something – we are again at the beggining. And please, stop telling like we are owe Anet for all the updates before.
1. They promised those updates on launch
2. Community paid for them via buying base game (without promised updates less people would buy it) AND via gemstore.
It was a buisness model of this game – money through game purchase and development through gemstore.
All that we got for these years is earned and paid.

This kitten is totaly kittened up and that kittens me.

Posted by: Jinath.1298

Jinath.1298

If new players who buy the HoT expansion pack get GW2 base game for free, shouldn’t the already established GW2 community get a refund for the money they payed for the GW2 base game upon purchasing the HoT expansion?

Wouldn’t that be fair for all?

I realize this would never happen, but it is the logical solution.

Posted by: PuddingNL.7603

PuddingNL.7603

Wow, Anet listened to us!

I’m happy with this.

For 50$ we get:
- New area to cover
- New story
- New profession to play
- Character slot for the new profession.
- Gliders
- Guild Halls
- And more

Thanks Anet for listening!

Posted by: Changeling Dash.4782

Changeling Dash.4782

Well, at least they added a slot. That is something, now i see that they at least little care of our opinion. Not sure if will pre-purchase, still, but willing to buy it on launch.

To anyone, who thinks this is unlogical – it is not about money and slot. It’s about attitude.

Thanks, Anet, at least for this.

This kitten is totaly kittened up and that kittens me.

Posted by: Delgan.8619

Delgan.8619

…you know, I have an existing copy of the core game, Anet say if I purchase the expansion I will recieve another copy FOC – Deal.

I expect either 6 additional character slots (could be wrong on the number there, whatever comes with the origional).

OR alternatively a completely new seperate version of the core game I can use.

Otherwise I’m not getting what they promised!

…ooooh and whilst we’re making demands I’d also like to know what exactly I’m purchasing rather than these shoddy videos or posts that contain litter to no information – I really don’t care how excited the developers are tell me something that’ll get me excited!

Delgan Cortex – Mesmer Lv80
Guild: N/A
Seafarer’s Rest – EU

Posted by: ScorpioSting.5917

ScorpioSting.5917

How can you possibly have zero consideration and respect for old players?

I have GW2 since the release, and the only thing you say to loyal players like me is: “For our long-standing fans and loyal players, we would like to say thank you and show our appreciation”.
Wow… just wow i mean… hey… What a wonderful world, people are so nice… I would like to hug the person who wrote this message… This touched my heart, so moving… :’-O

Ok now seriously, I feel so pfffffffffffffff.
Give veterans the possibility to purchase Heart of Thorns at lower price!!!
Why do we have to purchase the game at full price AGAIN?!?!? For a new class and 2 maps??? LOL.
Why new players are more considerated than us?!!

I would also consider the possibility to erase all my chars and restart from zero to have HoS at a lower (REASONABLE) price.

This politic is totally insane, but if your goal was to make the old community angry and upset then well… YOU WON SIR.

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

The core game has been in sale for 10$.
As a veteran you get a character slot worth 10$ while new players get the core game, that cost 10$ before (as ANet states it’s even 100% free now)

Problem solved.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

You are not buying the game again, you are buying the expansion. It’s up to you if the price for the expansion is worth it or not.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, just because someone is getting the game for free, doesn’t mean you’re buying it again.

And you know, if you don’t like that they’re giving away games for free, you’ll eventually not have any MMOs to play at all, because it’s already started. WoW is doing it. EQ is doing it. It removes a barrier for entry to new players. That’s business and it’s logical.

If you don’t like it, don’t buy the game, but it will never change. Because the number of new players that companies gain is far higher than the tiny percentage of people who don’t get it who are actually not going to buy it. The problem is, soon you won’t be able to buy any MMO.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Am I reading their FAQ right? In that you only get an extra slot if you pre-purchase… I might be having a senior moment here.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Am I reading their FAQ right? In that you only get an extra slot if you pre-purchase… I might be having a senior moment here.

You’re right. I missed that on the first read-through. A bit of a fail on ANet’s part, really. I think an extra character slot should be part of every HoT sale, whethere prelaunch or post.

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

You’re right. I missed that on the first read-through. A bit of a fail on ANet’s part, really. I think an extra character slot should be part of every HoT sale, whethere prelaunch or post.

This

Posted by: Michas.3716

Michas.3716

This is stupid as hell. Every veteran should get slot, no matter if pre-purchase or normal.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

The answer is no it shouldn’t cost the same…

But it should cost something. It just can’t cost 0$. If it is – please give me 10 copies. For FREE.

And as it costs something – we are again at the beggining. And please, stop telling like we are owe Anet for all the updates before.
1. They promised those updates on launch
2. Community paid for them via buying base game (without promised updates less people would buy it) AND via gemstore.
It was a buisness model of this game – money through game purchase and development through gemstore.
All that we got for these years is earned and paid.

You can either buy it for $20-$40 from a retailer, or you can buy it pre-packaged with HoT for 50 dollars. They don’t have an option to buy the core game at the moment “for free”.

Also, with the inclusion of the character slot, the core game is technically $10 now. When they release another expansion in the future, if it also costs 50 dollars, and veteran players (which will include all the new players joining now too) get an additional character slot then too, the both the core game and HoT will cost $10, but only bundled with the new expansion. You cannot purchase the core game for $0 because it is not on sale for $0, it is only bundled with HoT. You are not missing out on anything.

If you don’t think it’s fair, you can always buy another copy of the game and start anew. If you don’t care that your primary account wouldn’t be able to do HoT content, then this wouldn’t be an issue.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

This is stupid as hell. Every veteran should get slot, no matter if pre-purchase or normal.

Pre-purchase goes into effect even if you buy the game the day before it launches. It’s not like it’s a new title; we’re buying an expansion to a game that we already know how it plays. If you don’t like how GW2 plays, then you won’t like how GW2:HoT plays. By the time the game launches you will have all the information you need about the content, especially after all the betas are completed.

Ponkie Poe.5043

The answer is no it shouldn’t cost the same…If two people buy a car one buys it in 2012 when its brand new and the other buys it in 2015 when its 3 years old should the guy who got the car in 2012 have a right to complain that the guy who buys the car in 2015 got a better price for the car? Of course NOT because the car is 3 years old…

That’s an analogy of course but you sound like the guy who bought the car in 2012 and wants a 2015 price for it…stop being bitter and be realistic. The game is 3 years old, if you’ve owned the game for at least a year I do not feel bad for you, you got your moneys worth.

If anything you should be happy they’re including the base-game for new players for free because it means we can have a larger, more active community which means the game will last longer and our in-game experience will be of a higher quality.

you have never traded in a car to get a diminished from original value trade in?

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

snip

“Glorious overlord”? That’s a bit melodramatic. It’s a game and if you don’t like it and think the company is somehow oppressing you then by all means you have the right to spend your time elsewhere. There’s FF14 for the price of 12.99-14.99 a month. Or you could go to SWTOR and do the play for free limited version if you find sub fees to be oppressive and still get their “amazing” Living Story content in the form of rakhghoul outbreaks every few months, aka get attacked by mobs in safe areas and trolled by players with the disease.

People who have played before are not paying more. They are paying the same price as everyone else for HoT. You just got to play all this time and will get to play up until release. People have complained that GW2 isn’t getting more players and the company needs to address that, so they have by doing this and people are complaining about what they personally get. It’s childish and selfish.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time a game company ever gave you extra content for free? Because that is what all the living story stuff was over the years. Extra content. For free.

ANet is a business and business need profits to continue and contrary to popular believe by uninformed idiots, most businesses operate in the red for at least half of the year. That means they are operating on loans they have to repay. That means they are in debt not thriving and rolling around in a money swimming pool. Black Friday is called that because that is when most retail businesses finally get out of the red and into the black in that current fiscal year. They aren’t robbing you and laughing to the bank, they are staying in business. Welcome to the real world. This isn’t a utopia and it’s not communism either. It’s capitalism and ANet and NCSoft are businesses, not non-profit organizations.