HoT boxed version - Hard Copy [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

It depends on what you mean by boxed. I pre-purchased HoT got it today, and it’s a dvd box without a dvd in it. If that means boxed to you, then it’s available right now from correct retailers (see faq for wich).

If you want dvd in it, that may launch later, after Hot launches. Keep in mind, this doens’t do much in the end, since every update/patch/change they do, after they print the discs will still have to be downloaded (kinda same as my original gw2 disc having 15gb, now needing to download 10g+ to finish game.

If you mean Collector’s edition, Nope, won’t come (dissapointed myself in this also but moving on XD).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

The standard edition will be available in a “boxed copy” version from some authorized retailers. Some of those retailers are engaged in the pre-purchase program. Others are offering a pre-order, which is not the same thing and will not gain the benefits of the actual pre-purchase.

Hope this helps!

Hey Gaile!
By saying “standard edition” you mean the final version of HoT? This one which is going to appear on release?

She means the most basic $50,- one.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Have any Americans found a copy at GameStop? On reddit some EU players have found theirs, but so far I’m having no luck on Amazon.com or Gamestop.com.

Posted by: SacuraShadow.6021

SacuraShadow.6021

Please tell we will be able to again. It’s the only way I can pre-purchase.

Sacura Shadow – Charr Guardian
Fort Aspenwood – Officer of OBEY

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

Have any Americans found a copy at GameStop? On reddit some EU players have found theirs, but so far I’m having no luck on Amazon.com or Gamestop.com.

So far the only websites to have a listing at all are Amazon.de and Amazon.uk.

Posted by: tamyeh.3741

tamyeh.3741

Same thing here. Retailers were on their site one day, next thing you know they are gone. Not to mention that I can’t even find the core game at EB, nevermind HoT. London Drugs is still selling the core game and gems, so there is that.

Posted by: Nicktion.8910

Nicktion.8910

On the pre-purchase FAQ:

Can I pre-purchase through my favorite retailer?
Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners. You may also be able to pre-order through retailers, but there is no official pre-order program and pre-purchasing is the only way to receive the benefits of our pre-purchase program, including access to all of the Beta Weekend Events.

Now my question is, where are they? No retailer seems to have Heart of Thorns for pre-purchase. And oddly the “official retail partners” went down from three retailers down to one. Yesterday it said Best Buy, Gamestop, and Newegg, but now it’s just Gamestop.

Also will I still be able to get the extra character slot promised to veterans if I buy from a retailer?

(edited by Nicktion.8910)

Posted by: Crixler.2857

Crixler.2857

I’m wanting to know about this, as well.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners. You may also be able to pre-order through retailers, but there is no official pre-order program and pre-purchasing is the only way to receive the benefits of our pre-purchase program, including access to all of the Beta Weekend Events.

Seeing as all pre-purchased versions now get an extra character slot, as long as they are registered before July 31, you will get the slot if you buy from a retail parter. IF that retail partner offers pre-purchase, make sure that’s what you’re buying.
It’s odd to see this tiny “list” of retailers for the US. I bought it at (German) Amazon two days ago and got an email today that it should be in the mail on Friday or Saturday (provided our mailman isn’t on strike by then. Again). Usually, whatever we have on Amazon, every other country’s Amazon has, too. But hey, you get to buy a pink t-shirt with the HoT logo^^

Maybe there’s a problem with shipping to the US retailers? As far as I can tell, that’s the only country affected by the mysteriously vanishing retail partners.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: SpaceCowKing.4658

SpaceCowKing.4658

Looked on amazon (us), nothing = no $$ for you Anet

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Amazon

GameStop

GameStop isn’t showing the boxed edition, but it might be at stores.

Nicktion.8910

Ah so looks like they finally went up. When I wrote this there was nothing. But I do hope the boxed versions become available soon. I’ve been wanting a box for the xpac.

Posted by: melodysangel.3409

melodysangel.3409

So its not just me—that’s comforting to know.

I need to make sure ‘someone’ reads this instead of it potentially falling through the cracks (its easy to miss a thread when you are going though many of them—and trust me, its very possible, if unintentional). This is not a matter of ‘just get it online’. Its literally ‘I cant for x reason here.’ I need to know what is going on with the Canadian retailers list and why the store that was once on there has no record of this expansion.

Posted by: SpaceCowKing.4658

SpaceCowKing.4658

Same, looking for box. If one was simply going to get a digital version, its easily gotten from Anet.

Nicktion.8910

Seeing as all pre-purchased versions now get an extra character slot, as long as they are registered before July 31, you will get the slot if you buy from a retail parter. IF that retail partner offers pre-purchase, make sure that’s what you’re buying.

July 31? Why July 31? I thought it was just before the release of HOT. Was a release date announced that I don’t know about?!?

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

July 31? Why July 31? I thought it was just before the release of HOT. Was a release date announced that I don’t know about?!?

Probably because they know the ‘prepurchase 1 day before release’ trick ><

Nicktion.8910

But where did it say before July 31? I don’t remember seeing that anywhere in the community address. I thought July 31 was just for the refunds.

Only instances of July 31 I see mentioned are these two:

For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015.

and

If you purchased the core Guild Wars 2 game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015, and you no longer want to play Guild Wars 2, we will refund your core game purchase price and close your account provided you make the request by July 31, 2015.

For the character slot I only see the following relating to it and when HOT needs to be registered:

For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

So unless if there was any other information released after the community address that I missed, this is all I know.

Posted by: SilverCrow.8102

SilverCrow.8102

Yeah i live in Edmonton, Canada and EB games is pretty much my only way of pre-purchasing HoT. I checked over a few days ago and I saw EB games as the only retailer for GW2 and whilst checking today, Canada isn’t on the list anymore and I was panicking honestly.

Not to mention, i was eagerly checking Ebgames webpage since yesterday June 23rd lol.

There might be issues which is just my guess but I hope a dev will gladly tell us any little news. In that case, I’m patient, i can wait.

Red Queen.7915

“[…] should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015.”

I read that as the day the pre-purchase period ends, since it wouldn’t make much sense to only offer refund halfway thorugh the pre-purchase period and then stop. Might be I’m wrong here, but if you want to pre-purchae one way or another, better safe than sorry, I suppose.
If they’re actually going for an anniversary release date, it makes sense.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: tamyeh.3741

tamyeh.3741

By the time we get our hands on a physical copy – if we do – the expansion is gonna be already out >.>

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s not just Canada. Even the US list of retailers (offering physical copies) was changed from three to one. Something must have happened with distribution, or …something.

Posted by: SilverCrow.8102

SilverCrow.8102

Well i think they even changed the HoT FAQ again where they removed one question about pre purchasing HoT thru their “favorite retailers” coming out of June 23rd and probably then replaced with a new question about the availability of HoT both digitally and physically. I could be wrong though.

If what I noticed is then true, that would be a good hint about Anet having a tiny bit of issue with distribution or anything related to that.

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

It might just be your location.
I have to drive all the way down to Toronto to pick up a copy of GG:XRD over winter, it’ll be a little upsetting if I have to do the same for HoT

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

Devata.6589

What a shame.
After seeing the cool wooden box given out as promotions I was really waiting for a collectors edition.

i know you want to push digital, but I would really enjoy a good boxed edition and not the yawning one we got last time.

You have a picture of that wooden box? And did that contain the game? I could take a gamble and wait to see what Anet offers at GamesCom, but if they don’t (and the release date of 28 August is correct) I then need to hurry getting a hard copy before release.

Around 10:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjQf3wzsrLg

Was only given out on these press events. Had some hopes something similiar would be released as a collectors edition.

Yeah that box would work fine as the box of a CE and would stand perfectly next to original GW2 CE. They could sell it as CE in the merchandise shop or even on public events like E3 and GamesCom.

I do really want a hard copy, and do really not want to buy gems, upgrading to the Deluxe is as far as I see only possible with gems, so what I plan (for now, might change my mind) on doing is something I do not like, and that is grinding gold, so much until I have enough for 2400 gems. I will buy the Standard edition before launch or whenever I have the 2400 gems (whatever comes first). I could ten upgrade to the Deluxe edition.

This is not my preferred way but the only real way I see (I am sort of forced into this way), meanwhile I hope there will come a CE or at least a Deluxe or UE hard copy available. So I am basically giving some additional time to come with such an edition. If a hard copy like that will become available before I have bought the standard edition I will go for that.

It’s not like I am not willing to pay $75, $100,- or $120,- but as it stands I simply do not have the possibility to buy the version I want.

Posted by: nikosd.7501

nikosd.7501

Hello,

I bought the original core game about 2 months ago and I’d like to get the boxed prepurchase edition of the expansion from a local retailer. Does anyone know if I’ m going to get a slot as well?

Correct me If I’m mistaken, but their FAQ only has information for those who purchase HoT from directly from anet’s website.

Thanks!

Red Queen.7915

If you purchased the core game from a third party, we are unable to provide a refund. However, if you registered the core game between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 and upgrade it by prepurchasing any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

From the community address. According to this, you’ll get the slot if you upgrade via any means.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I’m tempted to buy the HoT game now, the deluxe or whatever the best version is… but I’m more curious if you guys are making a collectors edition complete with say an art book, a revenant rytlock action figure or something else similar like the shatterer statue, posters, and music cd like the gw2 game had. Even the box was pretty awesome (lol for a box anyways)

Because honestly I would much rather pay $, even a good bit more, for decent or even better awesome collectibles then 1 character slot and a few gems or w/e. And don’t want to waste my $ getting the digital version if they are making a collectors edition too and haven’t announced it yet.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They have stated there will not be one

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

The standard edition will be available in a “boxed copy” version from some authorized retailers. Some of those retailers are engaged in the pre-purchase program. Others are offering a pre-order, which is not the same thing and will not gain the benefits of the actual pre-purchase.

Hope this helps!

collectors edition perhaps? b/c the original gw2 collectors edition was awesome… will gladly pay a lot more for it and some confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Nicktion.8910

“[…] should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015.”

I read that as the day the pre-purchase period ends, since it wouldn’t make much sense to only offer refund halfway thorugh the pre-purchase period and then stop. Might be I’m wrong here, but if you want to pre-purchae one way or another, better safe than sorry, I suppose.
If they’re actually going for an anniversary release date, it makes sense.

But isn’t that only in regards to the refund and not the pre-purchase bonuses?

(edited by Nicktion.8910)

Nicktion.8910

Do any retailers have the hard copies up for pre-purchase yet?

Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners.

Still no hard copies listed at Gamestop, the only authorized pre-purchase store in USA. They only have digital listed. Are there going to be hard copy pre-purchases? The date for the boxed editions has passed and yet nothing.

melodysangel.3409

Well, I have an update on my end.

EB Games called me this morning. I may as well be on Mars, HQ hasn’t heard of the expansion, don’t have it and may not be getting it. He said that they saw the only place it was available…was on NCSoft’s website and even said that it looked like it was NOT a Canadian thing..will not be available in our country.

What is going on? Come on, this is now bordering on ridiculous. It was advertised that, starting on the 23rd, players could pre purchase HoT at one of their partner/official retailers. And EBGames was—before it got ninja’ed out— the only retailer, recognized by the GW2 site on the FAQ/more information (I honestly cant remember what it was called) page in Canada. Now, Canada is not listed at all.

I don’t live in a remote location. That store was in a major mall and this has now caused quite a bit of embarrassment for me, since its been ‘my store’ since the late 90’s. But I guess that doesn’t matter.

The next big question is, where do we—the people that are now stranded because we cant get it online— go from here? That was HQ—and one would think that if it just got postponed someone would have said something to them. HQ knows nothing as of a few hours ago. So..if an entire country will not beable to get this expansion—for whatever reason—what do we do? What happens if we are unable to get it pre-purchased before its released?

Someone, please say something. There have been quite a few ‘mix ups’ lately—and this a seriously big one. Did it get postponed? (its fine if it did—but im sorry, its not fine that there isn’t information about it—im not talking about those not responsible for that decision so don’t take that personally). If its an issue with getting boxes, why not just put it through with the digital codes in the meantime?

If you are going to ninja information like this—one way or another, you have to let us know. Its not good business practice to leave paying customers hanging. (wasn’t there something about that in the amendment that was posted? Come on, don’t eat your words.)

I also need to know if I have to go an pester my US friend, now..which I never wanted to do. I don’t want her to mess up her account, either and its unclear if you can buy more then 1 code for more then one person. If she has to go to a physical store just for me… ><

~~I want to clarify—Im not looking specifically for a boxed copy. Im looking for the expansion period and will take a code, or a boxed version. The person I was working with did check for both. The only thing in his computer was EotN, and it was retired.

I also want to stay open minded—I mean I can see things from the other end, but its hard when you are stuck trying to explain something that was once there and is now edited out to someone that never saw that information in the first place.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There’s that info later on that if you forfeit a viable refund (so, bought after 23rd of January, didn’t ask for refund, bought and applied prepurchase HoT), you will also get a slot.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

I just got a physical/boxed standard edition from Amazon UK, if that is what you are looking for, although it is solely the standard version and not available in any other version. Of course, you can then buy the deluxe upgrade in the gem store.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010023XAQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Attachments:

Red Queen.7915

Why is your version rated and mine is not ? oO Nevermind, I saw the “provisional”.

Anyway, is there any official info on when the character slots will be added? I remember Gaile mentioning it will take a while, but did she say how long?

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

I believe you can be confident that (if all else fails) your friend can buy multiple copies and send you a code. HoT code can be used standalone to create an account, and it certainly won’t be limited to one per person. There’s households that will buy multiples. The purchase page even has a pulldown selection to buy 1, 2 or 3 of them on one go. (The in-game store would not work though since that adds the code directly to the account that bought it).

Meanwhile they haven’t even announced the actual release day yet, and one feature of pre-purchase is ‘access to beta weekends’. Not to mention they still have elite specialisations left to unveil. I think it’s safe to say we’re still a good while away from actual release.

I’m not saying this isn’t important issue – just that there’s no cause just yet for panic – or ‘WIDWIDRICSAS’.

(edited by Kitsune.1902)

Kitsune.1902

Hope this helps!

I just hope you are aware that this WILL bring further confusion and frustration. Even now people are occasionally writing of ‘pre-purchase’ and ‘pre-order’ on forums as if they were the same thing. It’s guaranteed that there will be people who do the ‘pre-order’ and then wonder where their character slot or beta access is.

Beta access comes and goes, and probably is the lesser of the issues. What comes to character slots, if the past few days are any indicator, I believe many of the people who would miss it due to mix-up between pre-order and pre-purchase, will be unhappy. My personal opinions about usefulness of character slots versus gems aside.. I think it might not be a bad idea to reconsider adding any ‘veteran appreciation’ gift to all ‘veterans’ who buy the expansion, regardless of if they pre-purchase, pre-order, or buy the expansion in normal way after launch.

(edited by Kitsune.1902)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no physical CE for HoT. That information has been in the HoT FAQ since inception.

The ‘cream of the crop’ is the Ultimate Edition, and that is only available through ArenaNet.

Let’s stay factual, the Faq states there are no plans for a CE, plans can change.

Best of luck on that. =)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, I have an update on my end.

EB Games called me this morning. I may as well be on Mars, HQ hasn’t heard of the expansion, don’t have it and may not be getting it. He said that they saw the only place it was available…was on NCSoft’s website and even said that it looked like it was NOT a Canadian thing..will not be available in our country.

What is going on? Come on, this is now bordering on ridiculous. It was advertised that, starting on the 23rd, players could pre purchase HoT at one of their partner/official retailers. And EBGames was—before it got ninja’ed out— the only retailer, recognized by the GW2 site on the FAQ/more information (I honestly cant remember what it was called) page in Canada. Now, Canada is not listed at all.

I don’t live in a remote location. That store was in a major mall and this has now caused quite a bit of embarrassment for me, since its been ‘my store’ since the late 90’s. But I guess that doesn’t matter.

The next big question is, where do we—the people that are now stranded because we cant get it online— go from here? That was HQ—and one would think that if it just got postponed someone would have said something to them. HQ knows nothing as of a few hours ago. So..if an entire country will not beable to get this expansion—for whatever reason—what do we do? What happens if we are unable to get it pre-purchased before its released?

Someone, please say something. There have been quite a few ‘mix ups’ lately—and this a seriously big one. Did it get postponed? (its fine if it did—but im sorry, its not fine that there isn’t information about it—im not talking about those not responsible for that decision so don’t take that personally). If its an issue with getting boxes, why not just put it through with the digital codes in the meantime?

If you are going to ninja information like this—one way or another, you have to let us know. Its not good business practice to leave paying customers hanging. (wasn’t there something about that in the amendment that was posted? Come on, don’t eat your words.)

I also need to know if I have to go an pester my US friend, now..which I never wanted to do. I don’t want her to mess up her account, either and its unclear if you can buy more then 1 code for more then one person. If she has to go to a physical store just for me… ><

~~I want to clarify—Im not looking specifically for a boxed copy. Im looking for the expansion period and will take a code, or a boxed version. The person I was working with did check for both. The only thing in his computer was EotN, and it was retired.

I also want to stay open minded—I mean I can see things from the other end, but its hard when you are stuck trying to explain something that was once there and is now edited out to someone that never saw that information in the first place.

Just a bit confused. If you don’t care at this point whether it is boxed or digital, why not just purchase HoT through the in-game Gem Store or the official website?

Kitsune.1902

Just a bit confused. If you don’t care at this point whether it is boxed or digital, why not just purchase HoT through the in-game Gem Store or the official website?

From the original post:

( … )
Please tell me what happened. Im not able to get the expansion online due to an issue that could not be resolved on your end, Anet (don’t make me jump through those hoops again, its not going to work)
( … )

Even if the details weren’t explained.

(edited by Kitsune.1902)

melodysangel.3409

hum…lets see. Does this work?

Im not able to get the expansion online due to an issue that could not be resolved on your end, Anet (don’t make me jump through those hoops again, its not going to work),

If you took the time to read the last post, why didn’t you read the first one? For the record, ive gotten error messages for awhile now..so being unable to get something isn’t new.

I just gave up on it since nothing we tried worked.

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

Really looking if A-Net be the first selling instead of more than one DVD, BlueRay Disc where everything even with lots of bonus content could be added, like images oder music

Kitsune.1902

It’s slightly more complicated than that.

This is true:

If you purchased the core game from a third party, we are unable to provide a refund. However, if you registered the core game between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 and upgrade it by prepurchasing any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

But also:

For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

So if you bought GW2 couple months ago FROM THIRD PARTY retailer, then you get the character slot if you pre-purchase and apply the key to your account before HoT launch. In this case whether you buy the HoT from GW2 site or some third party retailer doesn’t matter.

However if you bought the original game from GW2 website two months ago, then you will not get the free character slot. In that case your best option would be to buy HoT from GW2 web site or in-game store, in which case you get automatic refund for your GW2 core game.

For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015. If you take advantage of this refund and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, all of your current account progress will be kept intact. We’ll provide further details on when refunds will be processed in the next couple weeks as we set up this process.

So in short, your options depend on where you bought the original GW2 game. I hope this helps.

(edited by Kitsune.1902)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My apologies. I did read the first post, some time before coming back to the thread and then reading your subsequent posts.

No need to be irritated. I will try to remember to read threads from the beginning each time I read a new post.

If it is a problem with your method of payment, maybe you could purchase a throw-away credit card that would not be associated with whatever the problem was.

Whatever, good luck.

Edit: Another option would be to have someone else purchase the expansion and gift the serial code to you. (Easily done, they just send it to you, and you apply the key to your account.)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

There is no physical CE for HoT. That information has been in the HoT FAQ since inception.

The ‘cream of the crop’ is the Ultimate Edition, and that is only available through ArenaNet.

Let’s stay factual, the Faq states there are no plans for a CE, plans can change.

Best of luck on that. =)

Sadly I believe you are right.
Simply because they allready selling the ultimate edition and said there won`t be another edition.
Furthermore it would be unfair for the people who bought ultimate to support the game and weren`t able to pay more since there was no higher option available.
A collectors edition on the level of the ultimate edition but also with physical goodies would some people who went ultimate because of the lack of a collectors be verry angry.

Since they went with a digital prebuy giving them back their money won`t be happening as well, as they can already use some of their digital goods allready, like the 4000 gems etc., which might already be gone.

I do not believe ANet will say. Look, if you buy the collectors and can proove it, we will give you back 50$. However the 50$ gems you allready used. Sorry, your loss.
But hey, your collectors has 4000 Gems again for just the usual collectors price of 150$.

I love the game but their marketing can go straight into the dessert.
Don`t promote only digital openly and ignore the usual boxed editions. It gets people confused, they make mistakes and then get angry which leads to bad press. Marketing 101.
Sure bad press is better than no press, but not if it could be avoided.
In fact, next time just have a collectors edition or at least something similiar to the ultimate as well.
Not everyone wants digital. Doesn`t matter how hard you want to push it.
Even if I got the money for ultimate I rather take the core base version in stores.

Devata.6589

Best of luck on that. =)

Simply because they allready selling the ultimate edition and said there won`t be another edition.
Furthermore it would be unfair for the people who bought ultimate to support the game and weren`t able to pay more since there was no higher option available.
A collectors edition on the level of the ultimate edition but also with physical goodies would some people who went ultimate because of the lack of a collectors be verry angry.

Since they went with a digital prebuy giving them back their money won`t be happening as well, as they can already use some of their digital goods allready, like the 4000 gems etc., which might already be gone.

I do not believe ANet will say. Look, if you buy the collectors and can proove it, we will give you back 50$. However the 50$ gems you allready used. Sorry, your loss.
But hey, your collectors has 4000 Gems again for just the usual collectors price of 150$.

Don`t promote only digital openly and ignore the usual boxed editions. It gets people confused, they make mistakes and then get angry which leads to bad press. Marketing 101.
In fact, next time just have a collectors edition or at least something similiar to the ultimate as well.
Even if I got the money for ultimate I rather take the core base version in stores.

True, on the other hand, there is no real reason to already buy the UT. There is no beta yet and the release is also some time away, so anybody who would really want a Collector’s Edition wait.

Also there is an easy way to solve it. The UE has be both using their in game shop. If a person registers a CE to an existing account with UE simply don’t add anything from the UE to the account (no second mini, no second 4000 gems and so on) only if the CE would also have something else extra in-game, add that. Then refund the $100,-.

This process could even be automated.

Problem solved.

Jaken.6801

Best of luck on that. =)

True, on the other hand, there is no real reason to already buy the UT. There is no beta yet and the release is also some time away, so anybody who would really want a Collector’s Edition wait.

Also there is an easy way to solve it. The UE has be both using their in game shop. If a person registers a CE to an existing account with UE simply don’t add anything from the UE to the account (no second mini, no second 4000 gems and so on) only if the CE would also have something else extra in-game, add that. Then refund the $100,-.

This process could even be automated.

Problem solved.

Mhm, that is actually a great idea, with no extra costs aside from implementing that system.
Though it might be hard for some to shed out some extra 150$ front, even if they get 100$ back.
Also there is the problem that companies are a bit hesitant to give real money back if they can give their ow currency in exchange.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think this late in the process, they could or would consider lining up the manufacturers for whatever physical items that might decide to include. I’m sure something like that takes quite a bit of time. Not to mention the packaging and all that is involved in setting up shelf space, etc.

It seems there are problems just getting the small empty DVD cases out.

Jaken.6801

I don’t think this late in the process, they could or would consider lining up the manufacturers for whatever physical items that might decide to include. I’m sure something like that takes quite a bit of time. Not to mention the packaging and all that is involved in setting up shelf space, etc.

It seems there are problems just getting the small empty DVD cases out.

On the other hand, since there is no launchdate so far

melodysangel.3409

Didn’t mean to get you on the defense—was just slightly taken back. No harm done^^

Yeah, my last case scenario is asking a friend to buy it for me—but im sure you can see that it isn’t ideal. I already feel bad that ill probably have to bug her.

But see, even though I probably will end up getting it through my friend (I really don’t have a choice, do I? Noone is saying anything. Maybe because they don’t know..maybe because they cant..and maybe because no ones seen it), there are still many other people who are stranded. Not everyone knows someone. And if you need that boxed set, if you can find a US retailer to ship it to you, you know they are going to be nailed for the shipping cost and for duty (shipping isn’t cheap..and for a fifty dollar value, youre going to get nailed atleast $15 ontop of that)

So..this question..this thread is still very important. Just because the whole of the people effected from one country isn’t posting, doesn’t mean they aren’t there.

Make sense?^^

(edited by melodysangel.3409)