HoT needs to be nerfed

HoT needs to be nerfed

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Highness.9061

Highness.9061

Yes , the maps are empty and its very difficult to solo events . i mean on my warrior its not that bad but when i change to mesmer omg its like playing on hard mode . So when i started HOT it was fun at first getting the glider and all then BOOM i kept dying and dying and dying to the mobs . then i realised even with my legendary weapon and full ascended gear its pointless . HoT is against solo players , it was made that way .

i mean in other games when they add new content and more powerful mobs and events they raise the level cap ? here im still lvl 80 fighting lvl 83 mobs who 3 shot me .

It’s doable , but it’s annoying , please ANET do something about this . i log in the game to have fun not to be frustrated .

Strike while the iron is hot ????????

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-reddit-developer-ama-summary/

Scroll down to the HoT heading. It is looking likely for some changes and possible nerfs coming in April to broaden the appeal of the HoT maps.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

Yes , the maps are empty and its very difficult to solo events . i mean on my warrior its not that bad but when i change to mesmer omg its like playing on hard mode

That just means you can’t play mesmer at all and not that HoT needs to be nerfed.
Mesmer is my main , quite easy to play even solo in HoT . Same fun and easy I have with my Necro.
But that’s it , I am rather struggling with my other alts , just because I’m not the same good with them as I am with my mesmer and necro

So please stop complaining and learn more how to play some proffesions and not ask to nerf the entire content

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I agree with you. HoT needs a nerf. It is now “old content” and a large number of skill points are guarded by champions likely built to be killed by 3 players in full zark.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

I don’t know which skill points you might be referring to but I know a good deal of those champs have already been downscaled to vets.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I agree with you. HoT needs a nerf. It is now “old content” and a large number of skill points are guarded by champions likely built to be killed by 3 players in full zark.

“Old content”…?

What a fast paced world we live in.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

Yes , the maps are empty and its very difficult to solo events . i mean on my warrior its not that bad but when i change to mesmer omg its like playing on hard mode . So when i started HOT it was fun at first getting the glider and all then BOOM i kept dying and dying and dying to the mobs . then i realised even with my legendary weapon and full ascended gear its pointless . HoT is against solo players , it was made that way .

i mean in other games when they add new content and more powerful mobs and events they raise the level cap ? here im still lvl 80 fighting lvl 83 mobs who 3 shot me .

It’s doable , but it’s annoying , please ANET do something about this . i log in the game to have fun not to be frustrated .

Sorry, fat chance. Group (read zerg) content. Learn to… skip. Skipping is an art. Skipping is life. Skipping is saving time. Skipping is fun. A lot of fun. Catch me if you can, you pesky hyena!

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Sorry, fat chance. Group (read zerg) content. Learn to… skip. Skipping is an art. Skipping is life. Skipping is saving time. Skipping is fun. A lot of fun. Catch me if you can, you pesky hyena!

Yeah .. thats what i did .. i just skipped the whole HoT content after trying it maybe
3-4 hours .. and after a while i skipped the whole game completly.

The question is, why have they even created new maps for HoT since in reality
skipping 3-4 maps isn’t really that different than skipping 1 map

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

My take-away from the recent AMA was that they do recognize this is a problem and will address it, although it may take some time.

Re: the poster with the “get good” response: it isn’t a get good issue. Devs made a choice to push group content on a game where that was not previously required so much. Of course it is going to annoy people.

Myself, it did annoy me enough I left for a few months. My return to GW2 has been quite positive, mostly because I haven’t set foot back in the HoT zones again I’ll go back at some point but I’ll probably wait until a patch or two. Part of the reason I left was frustration with finding viable zones. The zones I did find had little to do in them solo. And no, I’m not going to waste an hour looking for a good zone and waiting for an event timer to kick-off. That doesn’t rate very high on my list of fun things to do in my spare time.

Sure, I don’t die solo but wade through overly touch trash with zero to show for it is about as much fun as cleaning the bathroom.

(edited by qbalrog.8017)

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

I don’t know which skill points you might be referring to but I know a good deal of those champs have already been downscaled to vets.

I cant recall more then one HP that has a fight and the mob wasnt a champion

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

to tell the true…..i enjoy HOT as it is now..and im 90% soloing it….its finally fun to kill random monster…or to escape if a situation gets difficult..and then try it again with a better start
well im not playing normal xD…i mainly explorer the region..just have fun seeing new places..and kill anything that moves on the way. it was difficult in the beginning..but once i learned to kill 1 monster safely..i started to attack 2..then 3..and so one im getting better and better slowly..i even try making skill points alone..its often failing…but after winning in the 20th time it just feel great! like “omg i did it!”
and…usually when i run around central tyria (thats my main hobby bcs the maps r just so beautiful) i find it boring to 1 hit everything i see…and usually i find myself camping mini dungeons where 30 monster spawn so that i can kill them for fun..unluckil the fun is over after 30 sec :/ and events….omg events..the only challange now is to be able to hit every monster 1 time only…so u get reward and the others too.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: FlashAhAhh.4307

FlashAhAhh.4307

i kept dying and dying and dying to the mobs . then i realised even with my legendary weapon and full ascended gear its pointless . HoT is against solo players , it was made that way .

It’s a game of skill not a game of gear!

..but once i learned to kill 1 monster safely..i started to attack 2..then 3..and so one im getting better and better slowly..i even try making skill points alone..its often failing…but after winning in the 20th time it just feel great! like “omg i did it!”

THIS is how you play an MMO. It’s like fishing, most people will focus on their equipment and they will never, ever, ever compete with the people who focus on their technique.

The vast majority of GW2 content is just a faceroll to win, it’s not terribly challenging at all. I do not understand why players insist that ALL content be that easy!

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

As people have proved in this thread they ‘got good’ – no reason the OP can’t.
HoT tests people to learn there build / class and how to counter enemies.

The same was true in Silverwastes when it was released – remember the Terrargriffs and the KDs?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

You people need to make up your mind. Before HoT, many used to say “omg Anet give us something harder, core is too casual!” , then when HoT came, many are like “omg Anet nerf HoT its too hard”

If you need to do events – lfg is there … i manage to do few Gerents, Tarirs, DSs and VBs a day.
If you need HPs – many people actually organize trains

And maps are not empty, as i mentioned – LFG.

Mesmerizing

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The same was true in Silverwastes when it was released – remember the Terrargriffs and the KDs?

They still need to fix the teragriff’s giant hitbox, by the way.

HoT needs to be nerfed

TPMN.1483

Side step. Oh Terragriffs just cripple them they fall down. It’s learn to play- just like HoT and get good.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You people need to make up your mind. Before HoT, many used to say “omg Anet give us something harder, core is too casual!” , then when HoT came, many are like “omg Anet nerf HoT its too hard”

Not only that, but every single patch after release gave us harder and more challenging/interesting mobs to fight. Then HOT followed the same pattern and we got all the “please nerf” now. Where were all these people all these years anyway?

My best bet is that the lack of new content between the end of LS2 and HOT release made some players “think” that the game is all about mindless trains and chest farming and by doing only that daily, they forgot how to play.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Not only that, but every single patch after release gave us harder and more challenging/interesting mobs to fight. Then HOT followed the same pattern and we got all the “please nerf” now. Where were all these people all these years anyway?

My best bet is that the lack of new content between the end of LS2 and HOT release made some players “think” that the game is all about mindless trains and chest farming and by doing only that daily, they forgot how to play.

There’s always groups of players lobbying for/against every single piece of content in this game. Literally, everything that Anet does has supporters and detractors.

What I believe most players truly want is to be (a) rewarded and (b) engaged. The cries that the game was too easy mostly had a subtext of ‘give us harder content, that we may earn more/better rewards.’ Of course, some are here for an actual © challenge.

The problem many have with HoT, to my mind, is that it’s not simply a bit more challenging. It took a lot of people right out of their comfort zone. Also, what is engaging for a casual player will push a hardcore away, and vice versa.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

how about they make it so you get all items handed to you immediately…….

after playing for 12000 hours.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The players complaining about HoT mob difficulty are likely those downed/dying to Champs in Malchors and in meta events. They never knew “how to play” the way you mean it. Or, they’re the people who’ve been running around doing hearts, off-meta events and exploring and wanted more of that.

Yeah, I’ve pointed out the gradual progression of difficulty increase that began with Karka before. Each one of those steps received its share of complaints, which died down as the players: got used to it; figured out ways around it; left; etc.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Side step. Oh Terragriffs just cripple them they fall down. It’s learn to play- just like HoT and get good.

I know how to kill them, that doesn’t change the fact that the hitbox is roughly three times as wide as their model.

Just like that charge move sharks do that hits hundreds of units ahead of the actual shark, something else anet’s never bothered to fix.

HoT needs to be nerfed

IndigoSundown.5419

I know how to kill them, that doesn’t change the fact that the hitbox is roughly three times as wide as their model.

Just like that charge move sharks do that hits hundreds of units ahead of the actual shark, something else anet’s never bothered to fix.

To add to that, ANet’s red AoE circles aren’t always correct, either. It’s looked on my screen like I’m outside the circle, and I still get damaged. Risen Aboms charge attacks also hit a much wider area than their model.

Teragriffs, I just stun, or time the dodge if I can. The sharks though… I can’t time that dodge for the life of me. If I dodge just before the attack hits, I get nailed after the evasion proc ends at the back of the attack.

HoT needs to be nerfed

maddoctor.2738

Yeah, I’ve pointed out the gradual progression of difficulty increase that began with Karka before. Each one of those steps received its share of complaints, which died down as the players: got used to it; figured out ways around it; left; etc.

So the answer is to wait for the players to get used to HoT difficulty and not nerf anything.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I really hope they do not reduce the mob difficulty. Even the last remaining champs at HP sites while a pain at times I truly believe removing them would not be a positive step. I personally can not solo them, don’t have the patience frankly but getting others is not a huge and impossible task as made out to be on forums.
I also enjoy DS the way it is set up now and can’t see how they could reduce it unless they got rid of a couple of wurms on the way to the final zone, if they split the map up it would be not as enjoyable, for me anyway.

HoT needs to be nerfed

IndigoSundown.5419

So the answer is to wait for the players to get used to HoT difficulty and not nerf anything.

My personal belief is that what makes the zones less enjoyable for some players is not so much individual mob difficulty, it’s that there are very few non-group events that could scale up for groups should more players come along. While the current setup is more like a war zone, it’s not a lot like a typical MMO map. And let’s face it, someone who logs on after stressing at work all day may not be all that interested in fighting a war.

This was said in the AMA, “With HoT we leaned more heavily on the organized content unfortunately at the cost of more casual experience. This is something that we plan on making adjustments to and are taking into account as we develop maps in the future.”

It’s my hope that they don’t nerf the mobs, just make some adjustments to mob density and scale. There’s not that much benefit to high density stationary or wandering mobs at non-event sites. Those who want to fight groups of mobs are more likely to do so at events where they are also building participation and thus reward. At least that’s my experience.

It’s also my hope that they can look at the way the group events are set up and incorporate some of the difficulty inherent to HoT group events into event scale-ups in general. Ideally, they could take that back into core, as a lot of what makes core easy is that event scale is anemic in the face of player capability, something which is less true in HoT.

HoT needs to be nerfed

maddoctor.2738

It’s my hope that they don’t nerf the mobs, just make some adjustments to mob density and scale. There’s not that much benefit to high density stationary or wandering mobs at non-event sites. Those who want to fight groups of mobs are more likely to do so at events where they are also building participation and thus reward. At least that’s my experience.

Let’s hope they don’t go the easy way and just make HoT mobs hit like a piece of paper and offer no resistance (like core mobs). I agree that there needs to be something other than a warzone in HoT but the small amount of maps doen’t really help with that. If HoT had let’s say 8 maps then there would be enough room to have different types of maps, but 4 is a very limited number.

Let’s say that they make some parts of the 4 maps easier for solo players or explorers, how would that affect the map meta? I see VB as a great example, you can either move on your own, ignore all events and meta mechanics and just farm airship cargo. But enough players doing that makes the meta much harder for everyone who wants to do the meta, meaning, players have conflicting goals. Is that a good thing? I’d say not.

I really hope these “solo-friendly” additions won’t cause the players to start fighting among each other, that goes more against the policy and the main idea of the game than “meta maps” ever did.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Not a fan of HoT and the fact that I find empty maps more often than not isnt helping at all.

@maddoctor.2738: what you call “players having conflicting goals” , I call variety. Folks should always get to choose what they want to do not always do what they must.

(edited by pepsis.5384)

HoT needs to be nerfed

maddoctor.2738

Not a fan of HoT and the fact that I find empty maps more often than not isnt helping at all.

@maddoctor.2738: what you call “players having conflicting goals” , I call variety. Folks should always get to choose what they want to do not always do what they must.

You are saying that if someone wants to farm champions that spawn during an event for their loot they should do so, even if it requires event failure to do so? Conflicting goals and variety are completely different things. Variety is always good, but making it so one goal is in direct conflict with another one is never good. Choose, but not at the expense of others, when your “choice” ruins the experience of others then it’s not variety anymore.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

There are some attacks from mobs which are ridiculous, I once got hit by a mushroom explosion for 34k damage…

Anyway, I played now with 6 classes in HOT and after a certain time you usually get along alone. IT’s not that hard, just be active, dodge at the right time, use your evades and know what your skills are doing. IT’s really a learn to play issue. But it seems a lot of players are just mashing the skills on cooldown – let alone see all the braindead bearbow rangers with their hit-LB-skill-4-on-CD…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

HoT needs to be nerfed

TPMN.1483

There are some attacks from mobs which are ridiculous, I once got hit by a mushroom explosion for 34k damage…

Anyway, I played now with 6 classes in HOT and after a certain time you usually get along alone. IT’s not that hard, just be active, dodge at the right time, use your evades and know what your skills are doing. IT’s really a learn to play issue. But it seems a lot of players are just mashing the skills on cooldown – let alone see all the braindead bearbow rangers with their hit-LB-skill-4-on-CD…

So basically get good?
Learn the enemy attacks / what they do have skills ready to counter / learn your class (evades/invuls/dodges) – no more face smashing keyboards – play well have fun !

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Snoopy Shannon.5123

Snoopy Shannon.5123

I like the difficulty of it, it can be frustrating but that makes it more fun. I like a sense of danger from mobs.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

how about they make it so you get all items handed to you immediately…….

after playing for 12000 hours.

But you are: you get a birthday booster after one year, you know? :-P

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I find playing HoT content alone to be tedious at times. Its slow going if I’m slogging through on my own, or I’m just another faceless body when I jump into the zerg-zerg-zerg content to work on assorted achievement tasks.

The last couple of weeks, I have been playing through the content with my husband. He loves aspects of HoT, but the general difficulty level is a bit beyond him, and he finds it extremely frustrating at times. For him, the game is about us playing together. He’s really not into zerg play. So, when we’re exploring, and we run into a hero challenge we can’t complete because he keeps dying, or I can’t keep the aggro to keep him alive, I can almost taste his frustration. He gets so angry, because the game is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable (and the core game was). He works 70+ hours a week, he has 0 interest in spending hours trying to “get gud” as you people put it because that’s not the reason he plays. It hurts, and it’s sad to see him walk away from a game he used to really enjoy because after a decade of play, Anet just doesn’t give a rats kitten about his type of player anymore.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Sounds like your husband needs to get more vitality stat armour and a pet class. Toughness pulls like a magnet so avoid that. If you can survive and his pets survive his chance of survival is basically guaranteed.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

I would much rather not see Arena-net kill HoT’s difficulty and make it all face-roll content (We have plenty of that thanks) but when it comes to how hard it is to get into a good map meta-event or how difficult it is to actually obtain certain hero-points in the new maps…yeah I agree, I don’t think that they should nerf the open-world events to make them solo-able, (though I do think its not unfair to ask them to be doable with only 2-3 people) but when it comes to Hero Points I do think it should be nerfed, not necessarily soloable, but you should be able to comfortably do it with only 2-3 people

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

So, when we’re exploring, and we run into a hero challenge we can’t complete because he keeps dying, or I can’t keep the aggro to keep him alive,

You don’t need every HC. There are many where no combat is needed and you only need to channel. Some are quite easy and only a few are more difficult.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I find playing HoT content alone to be tedious at times. Its slow going if I’m slogging through on my own, or I’m just another faceless body when I jump into the zerg-zerg-zerg content to work on assorted achievement tasks.

The last couple of weeks, I have been playing through the content with my husband. He loves aspects of HoT, but the general difficulty level is a bit beyond him, and he finds it extremely frustrating at times. For him, the game is about us playing together. He’s really not into zerg play. So, when we’re exploring, and we run into a hero challenge we can’t complete because he keeps dying, or I can’t keep the aggro to keep him alive, I can almost taste his frustration. He gets so angry, because the game is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable (and the core game was). He works 70+ hours a week, he has 0 interest in spending hours trying to “get gud” as you people put it because that’s not the reason he plays. It hurts, and it’s sad to see him walk away from a game he used to really enjoy because after a decade of play, Anet just doesn’t give a rats kitten about his type of player anymore.

Lanfearshadowflame.3189 please jot down my screen name and find me online. I run with a group of various ages and skill level players. You can join our guild if you want but don’t have too. We would be more than happy to help you and your husband. We aren’t a bunch of world killers as individuals but as a team we can do anything.

We do a little of everything and really enjoy meeting new people and forging friendships. Take care and hope to see you all online….

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

HoT needs to be nerfed

IndigoSundown.5419

Let’s say that they make some parts of the 4 maps easier for solo players or explorers, how would that affect the map meta? I see VB as a great example, you can either move on your own, ignore all events and meta mechanics and just farm airship cargo. But enough players doing that makes the meta much harder for everyone who wants to do the meta, meaning, players have conflicting goals. Is that a good thing? I’d say not.

I really hope these “solo-friendly” additions won’t cause the players to start fighting among each other, that goes more against the policy and the main idea of the game than “meta maps” ever did.

One solution , should ANet be able to make it happen.

• Drop down menu with choice of shard types: meta shard and explore shard.
  • Explore shard has normal events, reasonable mob density (whatever that might be), and does not offer meta chains. Want to explore, go there.
  • Meta shard has all of the above, plus meta event chains that can be triggered on demand or on timer if that’s preferable for whatever reason. If the meta chain is up, the normal events become group events, mob density increases in some areas as appropriate, and things like cargo are not available.

This is just a variation of GW Hard Mode tailored for large-scale content rather than individual mob difficulty.

Another solution would be to use meta event structures such as are seen in core. The Balthazar Temple chain in Straits is as close as core comes to a map-wide meta, but there’s room in Straits for some people to be doing exploring. It ought to be possible for reward structures to be designed in such a way that we don’t see something like SW key runs competing with map meta play. Heck, they could have done that in SW with the minor change of having chests available only in that half hour down time after meta is won/lost. Iirc, that’s the approach they took in DS.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Get rid of the mastery points that require JPs and mini games. Add more ways to get mastery points built into exploring.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Why bother nerfing after 6 month and many people quitting in disgust. A little too late!

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I’ll wait till the nerf hits before going on one last rant. If it makes the HoT content just knuckle dragging….ill say there is no coming back to Gw2 for me.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They should just create three or so servers and have them act as an isolated region like China. Everything would be incredibly easy to do, little to no RNG, and little to no grind. Essentially give the players complaining exactly what they all want.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

Why bother nerfing after 6 month and many people quitting in disgust. A little too late!

Do you really think nerfing content would make people stick around longer? That’s like complaining that a FPS shooter took you 3 hours to beat but you played through it on the lowest difficulty. People would become extremely bored and leave.

Challenging content requires thought process and critical thinking. Why am I dying here? Why are other players successful? What can I do to become successful? Asking for nerfs will simply reduce the appeal of this game, as it would with any other game.

As for maps being empty. This is not true even to this day. If you find yourself on an empty map then this is probably because you do not have a full understanding on how meta events work.

Check this out:
http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/

The timers are literally clutch.

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I hear a lot of complaints about the solo-unfriendliness of HoT. Specifically, many players prefer to be able to explore maps without having to fight for their lives every step of the way. I really don’t think that’s an unreasonable expectation, given the decided focus on accessibility for players who are not “hardcore”.

On the other hand, it’s clear that casual and hardcore do not mesh well together in the same content. Why couldn’t we have different instances of the same content with one tuned for casual exploration and the other existing more or less as it does now?

This has a few advantages over the current situation. Not only does it give players the opportunity to enjoy these excellent maps on their own terms, it separates out a lot of the conflict. For instance, players who are actively participating in events would probably prefer to be on a map with other players who are also participating in events.

There would be some details to work out. Obviously, risk vs. reward is important. But as most of the loot and experience is locked up in event rewards anyway, I feel this would work itself out. Playing on the “casual exploration” instance of an HoT map would offer far less potential for loot and experience simply because there are no events.

It’s probably the best solution I’ve heard for keeping casual and hardcore players happy, and it wouldn’t be a permanent decision the way choosing a PvP or PvE server in WoW is. You can move freely between instances.

I like it! Now…what do you suppose are the potential pitfalls of this plan? Would it be feasible in terms of resources? What other approaches to consider?

HoT needs to be nerfed

TPMN.1483

The events are not even the issue -

It’s the OP who is dying as I can gather from this thread.
If you look at events in Orr – such as solo a champion giant these are designed to be group events 5 ideally. But doesn’t mean it isn’t possible to do it solo – with practice, time and dedication.

Like all things practice makes perfect.
Some events are able to be solo’d others need a buddy for a safety net until you learn to solo them.
You wouldn’t all go fight a legendary wyvern solo would you?

We have heard very little from the OP on exactly what the exact issues are :
Is it specific events, a specific mob or just feeling overwhelmed as there is so much new stuff to Learn (which is common with any expansion)- as people get complacent with the learning curve they went through in so many zones : Orr, SW, Dtop etc

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: battledrone.8315

battledrone.8315

I hear a lot of complaints about the solo-unfriendliness of HoT. Specifically, many players prefer to be able to explore maps without having to fight for their lives every step of the way. I really don’t think that’s an unreasonable expectation, given the decided focus on accessibility for players who are not “hardcore”.

On the other hand, it’s clear that casual and hardcore do not mesh well together in the same content. Why couldn’t we have different instances of the same content with one tuned for casual exploration and the other existing more or less as it does now?

This has a few advantages over the current situation. Not only does it give players the opportunity to enjoy these excellent maps on their own terms, it separates out a lot of the conflict. For instance, players who are actively participating in events would probably prefer to be on a map with other players who are also participating in events.

There would be some details to work out. Obviously, risk vs. reward is important. But as most of the loot and experience is locked up in event rewards anyway, I feel this would work itself out. Playing on the “casual exploration” instance of an HoT map would offer far less potential for loot and experience simply because there are no events.

It’s probably the best solution I’ve heard for keeping casual and hardcore players happy, and it wouldn’t be a permanent decision the way choosing a PvP or PvE server in WoW is. You can move freely between instances.

I like it! Now…what do you suppose are the potential pitfalls of this plan? Would it be feasible in terms of resources? What other approaches to consider?

this is the best idea i have seen yet, they can use the same map resources
casual version only needs a handful of static faceroll mobs, so they could still use roughly 80 % of the resources on the hardcore version
considering the amount of phasing etc, im surprised they havent tried it yet
MAKE IT HAPPEN DEVS

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

I dont think HoT needs nerfing, but I am finding it harder to fight on my new DH then I did on my thief, reaper and engi tbf.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Sounds like your husband needs to get more vitality stat armour and a pet class. Toughness pulls like a magnet so avoid that. If you can survive and his pets survive his chance of survival is basically guaranteed.

So, he’s not allowed to enjoy playing other classes, is what you’re saying here. If he likes warrior or ele, too bad for him? Just play ranger? Telling someone they can’t play for enjoyment isn’t the answer.

Yes, adjusting the armor he chooses to wear, and carrying some defensive skills are a given. He’s always done that (wears Valk on his ele, getting him to upgrade to marauders on his war).

Edit: On a side note, I do find it quite funny that no matter what armor he’s wearing vs what I’m wearing, or whose doing more dmg, the foes always go for him. They did this in GW1 too. The joke in our guild was you weren’t allowed to monk, unless you could pass the “test” of keeping his kitten alive.

So, when we’re exploring, and we run into a hero challenge we can’t complete because he keeps dying, or I can’t keep the aggro to keep him alive,

You don’t need every HC. There are many where no combat is needed and you only need to channel. Some are quite easy and only a few are more difficult.

While I am aware of this, and he’s aware of this, it’s beside the point. Exploration, mapping, story completion, those are the things he likes to do. Things we’ve always been able to do. If he were trying to raid, which is intended to be “difficult content,” sure I could see the push back, but this is open world. The component that was stated as something that was supposed to be for everyone. Back when they were discussing (oh so long ago) that they knew they needed some harder content for some people, but that some things needed to be “for everybody.”

Disclaimer: I am not advocating for massive nerfs btw. Just some minor tweaks, here and there.

Lanfearshadowflame.3189 please jot down my screen name and find me online. I run with a group of various ages and skill level players. You can join our guild if you want but don’t have too. We would be more than happy to help you and your husband. We aren’t a bunch of world killers as individuals but as a team we can do anything.

We do a little of everything and really enjoy meeting new people and forging friendships. Take care and hope to see you all online….

Noted.

While I have no issues taking you up on the offer, I’ll see if he’s interested. Like I said, when we play together, it’s really about us playing together. Some couples go on dates. Some do adventure stuff. We game.

Beyond that, he’s …. very anti-social, I guess is the polite way to put it. He has a very hard time making friends, cause he really just doesn’t like people. Of course, considering a lot of the people we’ve ran into in the past, I can’t say I blame him.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Noted.

While I have no issues taking you up on the offer, I’ll see if he’s interested. Like I said, when we play together, it’s really about us playing together. Some couples go on dates. Some do adventure stuff. We game.

Beyond that, he’s …. very anti-social, I guess is the polite way to put it. He has a very hard time making friends, cause he really just doesn’t like people. Of course, considering a lot of the people we’ve ran into in the past, I can’t say I blame him.

I understand just thought I would offer. As an FYI I almost exclusively play Light and Medium Armor classes mostly light.

My main is my Mesmer using Chromomancer with Beserker Stats on everything and Superior Rune of the Chromomancer on my Armor. I’m spec’d for High damage and illusions and I go down far less than most warriors and guardians that I see, as well as my Guildmates using various classes and builds. (That is in HoT where some say Beserker will not work)

I also run Beserker on my Ele’s and Thieves and have good survival rate so have him try that and to constantly dodge.

Again just a thought, I wish him luck and hopefully with trial and error (I know about error lol) he will find the build that is perfect for him.

Happy Gaming!!

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

HoT needs to be nerfed

Posted by: Paandor.1950

Paandor.1950

This ^