How are people beating Tangled Depths Meta?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Just curious if there is a new good strategy or something cause I’ve attempted this event at least 15 times with some maps being very organized….All fails. Starting to really hate this map.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’m just happy to see, that maps can win with my tactics so far the Auric Basin Meta efficiently with alot time left over..

sadly Ive been yet not in a TD instance that was full enough of peopel to actually try at all to do that meta event there in any organized attempt.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I have not in 2 weeks seen a single map which had a decent amount of people to even tackle the event.

I don’t mind not finishing the event, but there are collections tied to successful completion of this event (Revenant Headgear, Lightbringer backpack, etc.) and I really want those.

The biggest problems are that the map itself is confusing, lacks rewards and has the hardest meta event of the new maps. Combine those 3 together and you will have empty maps.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

i gather that even the big organised boss-beating guilds have/had some trouble with it. As of right now i’m tempted to say it’s unpuggable.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

i gather that even the big organised boss-beating guilds have/had some trouble with it. As of right now i’m tempted to say it’s unpuggable.

You are never going to get enough pugs to care to attempt it if all that is at the end of the stick is just another rev blindfold and a backpack that most won’t ever want or use.

Guess this proves how little people will play for the challenge alone.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Narrrz.7532

You are never going to get enough pugs to care to attempt it if all that is at the end of the stick is just another rev blindfold and a backpack that most won’t ever want or use.

It offers a full reward chest + access to a mastery point strongbox and a whole mess of chak caches (from the video of a EU guild beating it)

That’s arguably more than Tarir does.

Edit: i want to say that the confusing nature of the map & the meta itself, coupled with the difficulty and unclear objectives, mean that most people feel their time is spent better elsewhere, and honestly i can’t criticise them. the meta is very punishing – a huge dps check on four separate bosses, interspersed by a mess of unrelated events with not-very-clear objectives, and if any single event fails, in any lane, the entire show is over.

No one of these things is necessarily bad in itself, but all taken together they just make for too punishing an event for open world content.

(edited by Narrrz.7532)

Substance E.4852

It offers a full reward chest + access to a mastery point strongbox and a whole mess of chak caches (from the video of a EU guild beating it)

Edit: i want to say that the confusing nature of the map & the meta itself, coupled with the difficulty and unclear objectives, mean that most people feel their time is spent better elsewhere, and honestly i can’t criticise them. the meta is very punishing – a huge dps check on four separate bosses, interspersed by a mess of unrelated events with not-very-clear objectives, and if any single event fails, in any lane, the entire show is over.

No one of these things is necessarily bad in itself, but all taken together they just make for too punishing an event for open world content.

I didn’t know it had a treasure room but that would make sense.

I would still argue that isn’t enough to make people bother. There are a load of caches across the map unlike Auric Basin which requires the event to access.

It seems the only common drop of real value is the sparks and you can just wander the map to find them.

Narrrz.7532

I didn’t know it had a treasure room but that would make sense.

I would still argue that isn’t enough to make people bother. There are a load of caches across the map unlike Auric Basin which requires the event to access.

It seems the only common drop of real value is the sparks and you can just wander the map to find them.

You’re certainly not wrong though obviously it’s a matter of opinion.

However, given that the events are staggered i imagine people would still participate if they had a reasonable expection of success.

Alas…

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The problem is that while sure all the map metas depend on people doing things in different areas of the map any of the other ones seem to have fallback events should one fail.

In Dragon Stand for example, if you fail any random event you just go back to the last step and lose a bit of troop moral. Not fail the entire chain until the map resets.

But in Tangled Depths if you’re in Scar lane and wailing away at the chak gerent and the ogre lane doesn’t smash enough eggs, you’re done for 2 hours.

It’s just so easy to fail. I think some adjustments will have to be made somewhere. Because as time goes on less people are going to interested in doing the metas not more.

Narrrz.7532

I feel like each successful lane event should progressively weaken the gerent. If you fail one, it moves on and you must immediately start the next, without the benefit of that first weakening.

Then, rather than heading to the cannon and just annihilating it, it should unburrow there and you have to attempt to distract or kill it before the time runs out. Perhaps it could enrage if it gets that far, to further jeopardize your chances of success, becoming more dangerous the more events you’ve failed, and you should certainly get more rewards for each gerent you kill (which i understand is not a strict requirement to succeed the meta).

I do like the idea of the event, and i think it should be able to fail – and maybe even should stay the hardest of all the metas – but it needs something done, something to make it accessible to others than just the elite few.

edit: how about this: when the gerent unburrows, it continues to head for the cannon. You have to break its bar to stun it and stop it, which will enrage it, causing it to focus on players but take more damage. When the enrage ends, it reburrows, and you move up the lane to the next event to bring it to the surface.

When it actually reaches the cannon, it unburrows again of its own accord, and its enrage time is shorter but lengthened by the number of lane events you were successful at. whenever it’s not enraged, it will progress towards the cannon, so you have to manage CC carefully to keep it broken or enraged so it doesn’t annihilate the cannon and fail the meta.

I feel too like there should be partial successes – if you can keep any one cannon alive, it still fires and blasts a smaller hole in the wall, through which players can go to get at chaches and etc (like the tarir meta failure) but you don’t get the boss chest unless you defeat all four gerents.

I also wish there was some kind of mega-boss brought up by succeeding the meta, a Chak hive queen or something, which emerges (and occupies most of) the leyline confluence. You have to hurt it badly enough that it flees through the hole in the wall into dragonstand, thereby accomplishing the order of whisper’s objective.

(edited by Narrrz.7532)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Sounds like the reason why no one does this event is because… no one does this event.

Granted, I am terrified of this event. But not once have I ever zoned into a map that had a coordinated group of players. If I encountered a map that was making a push, I might try it.

Also, I’m not sure I have all the necessary masteries.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Substance E.4852

Sounds like the reason why no one does this event is because… no one does this event.

Granted, I am terrified of this event. But not once have I ever zoned into a map that had a coordinated group of players. If I encountered a map that was making a push, I might try it.

Also, I’m not sure I have all the necessary masteries.

You don’t need any besides the obvious gliding from what I can tell.

I participated in a lane fight with out using any but gliding to make it down to the confluence chamber.

Being able to use the Nuhoch wallows makes getting around the map a lot easier though.

OMNIBUS.2913

Plenty of people have attempted, very few succeed it seems. All my fails have been with full maps of people trying to push the meta.

Posted by: Baolun.8316

Baolun.8316

I think the sheer size of the lanes is also a contributing factor – they sprawl all over the map and it’s unclear where in a lane people should be starting out, so there’s no clear point for players to gather, so for someone who’s just showed up it can often look like nobody’s really doing the event.

Compare that to the Vinewrath, or to the Season 1 Marionette fight – both of those fights had fairly short lanes and took place in reasonably compact areas, so a pug wandering by could easily see how many other people are already doing the event and where they are.

Narrrz.7532

The newness of the event can hardly fail to be a factor, and hopefully it gets easier as players get more accustomed to the HoT content, but i do think it needs some adjustment

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

If the map was easier to navigate, people would play in it.

Substance E.4852

Almost every map I’ve been on has gotten to maxed for each area. People just don’t bother to attempt the final event.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I feel like each successful lane event should progressively weaken the gerent. If you fail one, it moves on and you must immediately start the next, without the benefit of that first weakening.

Then, rather than heading to the cannon and just annihilating it, it should unburrow there and you have to attempt to distract or kill it before the time runs out. Perhaps it could enrage if it gets that far, to further jeopardize your chances of success, becoming more dangerous the more events you’ve failed, and you should certainly get more rewards for each gerent you kill (which i understand is not a strict requirement to succeed the meta).

I do like the idea of the event, and i think it should be able to fail – and maybe even should stay the hardest of all the metas – but it needs something done, something to make it accessible to others than just the elite few.

edit: how about this: when the gerent unburrows, it continues to head for the cannon. You have to break its bar to stun it and stop it, which will enrage it, causing it to focus on players but take more damage. When the enrage ends, it reburrows, and you move up the lane to the next event to bring it to the surface.

When it actually reaches the cannon, it unburrows again of its own accord, and its enrage time is shorter but lengthened by the number of lane events you were successful at. whenever it’s not enraged, it will progress towards the cannon, so you have to manage CC carefully to keep it broken or enraged so it doesn’t annihilate the cannon and fail the meta.

I feel too like there should be partial successes – if you can keep any one cannon alive, it still fires and blasts a smaller hole in the wall, through which players can go to get at chaches and etc (like the tarir meta failure) but you don’t get the boss chest unless you defeat all four gerents.

I also wish there was some kind of mega-boss brought up by succeeding the meta, a Chak hive queen or something, which emerges (and occupies most of) the leyline confluence. You have to hurt it badly enough that it flees through the hole in the wall into dragonstand, thereby accomplishing the order of whisper’s objective.

Yes, exactly this should be the way how the event should be designed.

So more lanes you do successfull, so weaker becomes the gerent at the end and so easier it will be to complete the event just in time, because everytime you do successful a lane, a ley Line Cannon will fire off and weaken the Gerent by reducing the Gerents HP by 15% and reducing a bit of its Stats so that it deals lesser damage and receives more damage or becomes easier to CC more oftenly

And it should be made easier to let the Gerent appear on the lanes and the rewards and efforts for this must become better, so that people are more intersted in making sure, that the meta is successful, so that alot more people are interested in it to make organized maps for them.
The Chak treasure chests should be only findable by doing the meta, same as like in auric basin, where you find exhalted chests only when you do the meta successfully.
This will make sure, that far more people will have the interest in makign sure that the meta on the map is successful, due to it beign the only way to get on the content from the chak treasure chests.

Also I think the mastery system should help out here a bit more, so that when you master the Nuhoch masteries, they should provide a little better help in making the meta successfully,like so more people participate on this event with a high Nuhoch Mastery, so more undefeatable NPC Nuhochs will help out at all the lanes making it easier to let the gerent appear.

These steps i think are a neccessary step forward to make the meta more accessible and in the end doable.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

If they fix bugs, take a look into scaling aka too much hp then it will be fine. This event often fail due to lack of dps. Its a miracle if you get it down with pug to 30% hp.

Tbh at some point i wish for it to be the olny way to access DS map. People would start to bother at this point

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

There are several issue with this event, and solving just one of them could make this a lot more doable.

When I say doable I do not mean easier, I’m not asking for anyone to give me things for free or make the game extremely casual.

However if you are going to allow everyone into the map then you need to make sure the event is doable with PUGs and as of right now I have yet to see a PUG group beat this.

The main issue is that the map does not allow enough people in before it gets filled up. The player cap does not properly consider the fact that because of this being an open map there will always be a portion of people afk, leeching, or doing other events.

At the same time dividing the player base into 4 lanes complicates things even further because it’s literally impossible to beat a lane with anything less than 15 people. Some lanes even need more than that just to be able to not fail the burrowed gerent phases.

So the issue are the following:

1- Map has a player cap too low, which means that there’s a big margin for failure due to lack of people doing the event which is something that escapes the player control and skill level.

2- Bosses are gigantic damage sponges with enormous health pools so each lane requires too many people all DPS their lives away.

3- The event’s timers are very tight and do not allow any margin for error, killing a chak gerent does not extend the time for the remaining lanes.

I think that reducing the health of the bosses or increasing the timers would be making the event easier in the way that it would require less skill and less organization.

On the other hand just increasing the player cap for the map would keep the difficulty of the event the same, it would still require planning, organization, skill, knowing the bosses, while eliminating an artificial constrain that the player has no control over.

tl;dr By just increasing the player cap for the map we would preserve the current difficulty of the event while giving PUG groups a better chance at beating this event.

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

Well every one and his mother is talking DPS check here. And yes my guilds’ strategizer do that too.

After we have beaten it several times now I myself happen to disagree.
On every successful attempt I’ve seen lanes have a lot of spare left on the counter, actually on high-deeps group strats the Gerent tends to almost fall on his face in phase 2 of 3 already.

So the DPS-check here isn’t so tight at. Therefore please stop repeating this untrue fact like a mantra.

What is hard in this fight is you need to do the side quest properly in order to make the dps phase easy.

1) Do all the pre-requisite quests per lane in the outpost build up phase so that on each lane you have the maximum helpful benefits available.

2) Make sure people on the lanes do the side quests like stomping mushroom nodules all over and over again even after they completed the first time to get nice and substantial boosts like damage overcharge.

The trick here is proper prequest preparation and and proper side event execution not mindless deepsing.
That’s how I see it contrary to popular almost blindly religious “DPS checks” incantations from all sides.

This fight is mostly mechanics checking far less dps checking which is why i like it a lot more than the old content events.

(edited by Inverse.2967)

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

So the DPS-check here isn’t so tight at.

Also a note on the currently rising to be popular “no-stun” meta fashion.

I’ve seen Gerent go almost down on end of phase two no matter whether he was all-stunned or not stunned at all.
In fact both work just as well there is no benefit except for making the fight work a bit more the one or the other way matching your groups individual preference.

The “no-stun” fashion is simply the result of organizing strategist still being
so used to mindlessly searching for “break boss mechanics” strategies that were so prevalently en-vogue on previous old content.
And yes triple trouble whose head decap part actually is a mindless zerker-gear-dps check has also done its part in numbing everying into thinking inside the box still.

Let’s see if raids can shake this up, at least i hope. At least I would not see the point in making just another game go the mind-numbing “deeps deeps deeps-check” route instead of the “more interesting challenge” route. But that is to be judged when it comes out.
And Chak Gerent is an interesting piece to see as it is hard yet does NOT check for super dps up to the last second.

ezhcim.3075

I’ve seen Gerent go almost down on end of phase two no matter whether he was all-stunned or not stunned at all.
In fact both work just as well there is no benefit except for making the fight work a bit more the one or the other way matching your groups individual preference.

so used to mindlessly searching for “break boss mechanics” strategies that were so prevalently en-vogue on previous old content.
And yes triple trouble whose head decap part actually is a mindless zerker-gear-dps check has also done its part in numbing everying into thinking inside the box still.

Let’s see if raids can shake this up, at least i hope. At least I would not see the point in making just another game go the mind-numbing “deeps deeps deeps-check” route instead of the “more interesting challenge” route. But that is to be judged when it comes out.
And Chak Gerent is an interesting piece to see as it is hard yet does NOT check for super dps up to the last second.

If your guild has beaten it several time then please invite me because I need to do this urgently, I have already done it more than 20 times and it’s getting old. Ill dance the macarena for you if you lead me to victory

Burtnik.5218

If your guild has beaten it several time then please invite me because I need to do this urgently, I have already done it more than 20 times and it’s getting old. Ill dance the macarena for you if you lead me to victory

Same. I want inv too. Just tell me hour and ill come

OMNIBUS.2913

Same here. I’d really like to complete this meta then ditch this map for good XD plz guild invite<3 I’m full zerk ascended necro, been spamming gravedigger with max damage and 100% crit on gerent. Dps still doesn’t seem good enough so I can only assume the rest of the map isnt running dps, or gerent needs a health nerf…

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

This event will see more successful runs on average when the population learns what it needs to do and how to contribute. The same thing happened with Tarir. In the beginning there were very little people which knew how to properly contribute, a lot of them were wasting armors etc. But in the last couple of days it is almost impossible to fail the event if there is enough people on the map and I’ve seen more and more people which know what to do.

So, just give it time.

Burtnik.5218

This event will see more successful runs on average when the population learns what it needs to do and how to contribute. The same thing happened with Tarir. In the beginning there were very little people which knew how to properly contribute, a lot of them were wasting armors etc. But in the last couple of days it is almost impossible to fail the event if there is enough people on the map and I’ve seen more and more people which know what to do.

So, just give it time.

You know these two came out in same time right? VB, AB, DS. THey all getting beated and raided all day long. 3 out of maps. Are you trying to tell me TD is so hard that people doesnt know what to do by now? Keeping in mind DS that is supposed to be endgame map theres something going on.

ezhcim.3075

So, just give it time.

You know these two came out in same time right? VB, AB, DS. THey all getting beated and raided all day long. 3 out of maps. Are you trying to tell me TD is so hard that people doesnt know what to do by now? Keeping in mind DS that is supposed to be endgame map theres something going on.

I agree with you and I hate to see elitist people that the only thing they do is try to dismiss the concerns of the player base that is not happy about the current state of this event.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

There are several issue with this event, and solving just one of them could make this a lot more doable.

When I say doable I do not mean easier, I’m not asking for anyone to give me things for free or make the game extremely casual.

exactly, I dont want it easy, I want it reasonably possible.

Right now, people dont do it because it does not suceed, ever. So that will just get worse and worse. I’ve tried for days to get people organised, and we would be ok I think if we had enough people, but the map is apparantly full and yet we have less than 10 people per lane……

Cameirus.8407

Same here. I’d really like to complete this meta then ditch this map for good XD plz guild invite<3 I’m full zerk ascended necro, been spamming gravedigger with max damage and 100% crit on gerent. Dps still doesn’t seem good enough so I can only assume the rest of the map isnt running dps, or gerent needs a health nerf…

the trick to kill it, is to not break its cc bar, then it just stays still and you can wail on it.

Break the bar and it goes crazy and jumps all over the place!

But the real problem is not the gerent, is the map population system.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Think there was a dev confirmation somewhere that TD map population cap is lower than expected and they were looking into it.

Right now, the DPS check is extremely harsh, I am all for challenging world content but its a little much in the Tangled Depths Meta.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

We downed it on Eu today and the trick is not to break the breakbars and just dodge the AoE, you can dps way way more like that. Also nuhoch needs people that know what to do, in the other lanes if only commanders know what to do you’ll be fine. So if you try to organise this send everyone with knowledge, up to 23-25 people, to nuhoch.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This meta is crazy compared to the others, people just do not seem to know what to do, ill have to look out for an EU guild/team that has organised a map for this, as trying to pug this is horrible, you spend all that time prepping a map for it to fail in under 10 mins.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Really how hard is it to take your camps waypoint then take a Wallow to your camps Lane ?

Substance E.4852

Really how hard is it to take your camps waypoint then take a Wallow to your camps Lane ?

If you don’t have wallows unlocked, the map is incredibly confusing to hoof it around for the first week or so.

It doesn’t help that the mini map is basically useless for determining the layout of the various depths since they gradually meld into one another rather than using direct elevators like the canopy in VB does.

The only one that is clear is the underground river and there’s nothing down there anyway except for a few mussels nodes.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

They need to easy up just a tad on the fail condition I think. If the lanes could succeed or fail independantly and then have the successful lanes just spawn some chak defense objectives I think it would get more play as it would work more like tarir.

See, in tarir you have four events that need to complete within X time, but the UI lists them all out so you can see if, say, south is doing poorly. This lets peple at a highly successful west go “well, we’re all boned if south doesn’t get some backup” and move to south. Also, the mechanics of the event let the most successful lanes basically stop their event at low HP to go back up the others if there’s a opulation issue, allowing player strategy to make up for lack of raw numbers on the map.

If TD worked more this way, it would be more comprehensible. Add a way for a winning lane to “hold the line” with some ongoinf defense objective, and a way for a losing lane to recover with a ‘repair the cannon’ objective.

In addition, the UI needs to clearly report the status of each lane so people know where to go to help a weak lane, and the UI could also stand to more clearly point out eggs and why smashing them is so important.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If you don’t have wallows unlocked, the map is incredibly confusing to hoof it around for the first week or so.

It doesn’t help that the mini map is basically useless for determining the layout of the various depths since they gradually meld into one another rather than using direct elevators like the canopy in VB does.

The only one that is clear is the underground river and there’s nothing down there anyway except for a few mussels nodes.

If you don’t have it, here’s a solution….play the other maps until you do.

The entire point of masteries is to act as a small gate to get you to play the content until you’re ready to move forward.

Additionally, really are people that bad at reading maps ?
Do they not see the up/down/cave entrance markers at all ?

I have a gut feeling this is less about “Design” and more about lazy players who have never had to learn anything other than W + 1 = Loot.

Back to the actual topic, about the only thing i’d like to see physically changed about the meta is to give it a bit more slack. As is Nuhoch lane is brutal in this regard, there are times when not enough spores spawn and that’s pretty much an instant fail state. Same can be said of Ogre lane.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

One thing I think is weird with tangled depths is the fact there doesn’t really seem to be many funnel events compared to verdant brink, tarir, and even dragon’s stand. All the others have events that are pretty easy to solo, or just 2-3 people can do together, and this leads them to the greater groups.

Tangled depths just sorta throws you in, and unlike verdant brink, which has many levels but can be easily navigated by using gliding and bouncing mushrooms, and tarir and dragon’s stand which are pretty level and straight forward, tangled depths is mostly underground, requiring you to navigate through various tunnels to get to the event. and as others have said, it’s very punishing in comparison to the other area events, where if one lane fails you all fail and have to start over. I enjoy the other maps but tangled depths seems to lack the proper direction and flow like the other maps do.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

fellyn.5083

The newness of the event can hardly fail to be a factor, and hopefully it gets easier as players get more accustomed to the HoT content, but i do think it needs some adjustment

That was the excuse a week or so ago and the same for the other metas like Tarir and DS. But we’ve gotten those figured out and they get done pretty routinely by now.

TD on the other hand just has so many different ways it can fail, and they fail far too quickly as well.

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

That was the excuse a week or so ago and the same for the other metas like Tarir and DS. But we’ve gotten those figured out and they get done pretty routinely by now.

TD on the other hand just has so many different ways it can fail, and they fail far too quickly as well.

And that was the same excuse back when Teq first came up. But lo and behold, several months later everyone and their mother are succeeding that event.

As far as TD goes, it took me one commander explanation and two runs to figure out the “hardest” lane, and now I can do it whichever way you like blindfolded. It’s quite an easy event, if you are willing to go the “extra mile” and actually familiarize yourself with the event.
There is nothing wrong with the event itself, the problem is motivation and knowledge of pugs. They will learn much more slowly and will take much more time to adapt their play style, but they will if they wish to succeed. It may take a week or a month but eventually pugs will learn the bare minimum of what needs to be done to finish the event.

My suggestion to everyone who is passionate about beating TD is to either be patient or find (or organize) a group of like minded individuals.

OMNIBUS.2913

Finally managed to beat this today. Got with an organized guild[LUCK] and it didn’t happen the first 2 tries, but on the third we won. I wouldn’t say it is easy, imo its the hardest world event to date. Maybe not because of the events themselves, but dpsing gerent really takes your best effort from everyone on the map. We had full food for everyone each run, with many also using sharpening stones and combat boosts as well. It also takes cooperation too as the strategy we used was no CC; that way gerent didn’t move around too much.

fellyn.5083

And that was the same excuse back when Teq first came up. But lo and behold, several months later everyone and their mother are succeeding that event.

As far as TD goes, it took me one commander explanation and two runs to figure out the “hardest” lane, and now I can do it whichever way you like blindfolded. It’s quite an easy event, if you are willing to go the “extra mile” and actually familiarize yourself with the event.
There is nothing wrong with the event itself, the problem is motivation and knowledge of pugs. They will learn much more slowly and will take much more time to adapt their play style, but they will if they wish to succeed. It may take a week or a month but eventually pugs will learn the bare minimum of what needs to be done to finish the event.

My suggestion to everyone who is passionate about beating TD is to either be patient or find (or organize) a group of like minded individuals.

Because it’s so easy to just find and organize 80+ people. Doesn’t change the fact that the fail conditions are too easy to achieve and affect the entire map. Unlike every other meta event in HoTs.

Posted by: The Colon of Jack.2158

The Colon of Jack.2158

Just curious if there is a new good strategy or something cause I’ve attempted this event at least 15 times with some maps being very organized….All fails. Starting to really hate this map.

I’m stuck on City of Hope in chapter 8. Tried six or so times. Hit a point where I thought to myself, do I really like MMOs? I’ve played GW2 a few hundred hours over the past couple of years. I’ve had good times, boring times, exciting times, and frustrating times.

I’m just already burnt out. HoT has a lot of good things going for it, but I hit a point today where it feels more like a chore or a job. I really want to like it, especially since I dropped $50 bucks on it, but maybe the MMO thing isn’t for me. In a guild, interact, chat, but I can never find people to do the story missions with.

I’ve wanted the story to capture me in some way over the years, but I’m just kind of meh about it. I might just take a break from it. Not trying discourage anyone from playing the game because ANet worked really hard on it. If you’re having a good time then that’s cool. I guess I just thought, if I invest quite a bit time into GW2, and wipe on the living story a lot, with other players, and constantly wipe on events, how much time do I really want to invest on dungeons and raids?

Cameirus.8407

ok, nerf map pops for teq to 15 people and then do it….because thats the issue here with TD, not the event mechanics, but the absurdly low map populations.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

If the data anet gathers remains as terrible they’ll nerf the bosses etc. And I hope they do.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Freeelancer.2860

Because it’s so easy to just find and organize 80+ people. Doesn’t change the fact that the fail conditions are too easy to achieve and affect the entire map. Unlike every other meta event in HoTs.

Did it with 60 community randoms + several assorted pugs, with 2 minutes to spare. I was on Nuhock lane (supposedly the hardest) and we finished even before that. Assuming other lanes are easier (as I said, only done this 2 times, and both times on Nuhock), I’d estimate you’d need ~50 dedicated people to be sure you’ll succeed.

I do agree that this event is harder then the rest, but if ANet revamped the pod chamber in DS that might quickly change.

Freeelancer.2860

ok, nerf map pops for teq to 15 people and then do it….because thats the issue here with TD, not the event mechanics, but the absurdly low map populations.

It’s a known bug that ANet is aware of. As such it’s not really a valid critique of the event itself. The current “solution” is to keep spamming that join button and eventually you’ll join the map…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Considering that over a half (and i am being generous here) players do not have wallows unlocked yet? Yeah, hard.
And even with those, it still is confusing.

And again, someone seems to forget that Teq got significantly nerfed since that time, and that made it easily puggable.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

So, just give it time.

And yet organized 3 com pug Tripple trouble runs are wiping left and right bcuz randoms/majority dont know the mechanic and arnt listening. Did 2 TT pugs as late as yday where above happened again

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Cameirus.8407

It’s a known bug that ANet is aware of. As such it’s not really a valid critique of the event itself. The current “solution” is to keep spamming that join button and eventually you’ll join the map…

yes it is a valid critique until its kitten well fixed.

Until then, its a literally gamebreaking issue.

You cant go “look, its broken as kitten for reason X, but we know about it, so we can ignore it…”