Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

Q:

I hope one of the families is a raptor.

How many new ranger companions in HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Only Anet know the official answer, and we won’t likely be given it until the Druid blog post, or possibly even after that.

Of course, there is some possibility that we won’t be getting any new pets, but that is speculation.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Set your goal to zero so if we get none you dont get dissapointed but if we do you get happy

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Of course, there is some possibility that we won’t be getting any new pets, but that is speculation.

I wouldn’t call “nothing is changing until they say it’s changing” speculation .

I’d love to see more variety of young animals being kidnaped into a life of servitude and blood by the same folks as killed their parents by the thousands (because that’s not ghoulish at all…), but Rangers have not had a great track record for getting new pets. Changes to the trait lines which have moved away from bonuses by family to more standardized effects for all pets have upped our odds though.

Here’s hoping it happens .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Set your goal to zero so if we get none you dont get dissapointed but if we do you get happy

I’ve learned to live by this from the start on things considering Ranger.

But if we do get new pets, I’m thinking one for each Family, for example Cats get Tiger, Lizards get Raptor…

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Smokescale pets please!

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Considering all we’ve gotten since launch is the Reef Drake, I don’t have high expectations.

That said, even though it wouldn’t have the utility it did in GW1, I’d like to have a menagerie to see all of our pets in once unlocked. That was an enjoyable place to visit, and the roaming pets are one of the best parts of the HoM in GW2 to me.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we got a total of 0 pets.
But, if I would bet in new pets the tiger would be a good one.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Smokescale pets please!

This and those annoying mushroom things could really do some damage in PvP.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I’ve learned to live by this from the start on things considering Ranger.

But if we do get new pets, I’m thinking one for each Family, for example Cats get Tiger, Lizards get Raptor…

As long as we get Ara for them birdies that talk the enemy to death I will be happy.

Posted by: Zephiera.9804

Zephiera.9804

Considering all we’ve gotten since launch is the Reef Drake, I don’t have high expectations.

That said, even though it wouldn’t have the utility it did in GW1, I’d like to have a menagerie to see all of our pets in once unlocked. That was an enjoyable place to visit, and the roaming pets are one of the best parts of the HoM in GW2 to me.

I totally agree. I used to love that, and being able to take a ranger into the menagerie to charm something I’d unlocked with a different character was great!