How would you rate the HoT Fun Factor?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I’d rate 9/10.

Really love the whole gliding thing, and some easter eggs around all maps while doing achievement. The map connection and the convenience of traveling after unlocking Mastery really is quite interesting and different experience when first travel and lost in the new Map (Name TD)

The Meta Events are more consistent and more interesting than other maps too.

The difficulty is on the right level. I have 9 classes lv80 fully geared, and none of them feel like struggling in the new map because the new Elite Spec is strong enough.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Thornum.8607

Thornum.8607

The average “fun”, with some posts omitted because I’m lazy, is 5.12008 with 251 entries. Unless people gave a very clear short answer, I skipped the post. I didn’t want to average out the multi-score posts unless they listed a clear answer. If it was just two numbers, I averaged it out. So don’t beat me if it’s off, I did it just for kicks.

Things to consider when reading this:
- People who don’t like HoT are more likely to complain on the forums
- People who don’t like HoT are more likely to rate 0 instead of an actual considered value (due to being sour about not getting their money’s worth)
- All the people that put in incredibly low numbers, yet still play several hours a day grinding the new content are kittening liars

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The average “fun”, with some posts omitted because I’m lazy, is 5.12008 with 251 entries. Unless people gave a very clear short answer, I skipped the post. I didn’t want to average out the multi-score posts unless they listed a clear answer. If it was just two numbers, I averaged it out. So don’t beat me if it’s off, I did it just for kicks.

- People who don’t like HoT are more likely to rate 0 instead of an actual considered value (due to being sour about not getting their money’s worth)
- All the people that put in incredibly low numbers, yet still play several hours a day grinding the new content are kittening liars

Also changes were made to the grind and raids have been added now. Some people early on rated before changes were made.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

1/10

I’ve not enjoyed my time in the jungle at all.

Navigation is annoying. Running into map elements that I can’t use is annoying.

The meta-event cycles are much too long and are always half-way done when I log on. Never logging on to an interesting map is the norm. Needing to spend precious time trying to “taxi” to a useful place is annoying. I’ve yet to experience anything from start to finish. I’ve thrown in the towel, it’s just not worth the bother.

The mastery gates are annoying. My intention to not participate in anything at all but at least finish the story and be done with this terrible experience are gated by millions upon million of experience. That’s not happening.

Nothing delivered by HoT has improved my enjoyment of the game in the slightest, except for some quality of life stuff.

So, a depressing 1/10. The keyword being “annoying”.

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

When I look at HoT I see a mountain of grind in front of me. 5 only because of the Reaper, as for the rest of HoT.. Im currently back to completing old Tyria, that should tell you enough

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Happy players would be playing in the game right now. They don’t have time reading through these threads because they’re too busy enjoying themselves.

Unhappy players quit the game and have lots of free time rage on forum because they don’t want to log on. That’s why the general score is quite low here.

Posted by: Exotrax.4207

Exotrax.4207

I voted the old Tyria 10/10 , but Hot……
Game keep crashing (and tons of people have same issue)

Maps aren’t that bad , and I like how hard is to find a mastery or HP point ,about the meta event ….maps are getting empty so it’s almost impossible to run an event even in VB ….consequently…….leveling up taking life time.

HoT punish solo/casual players ……if you don’t play with huge group of friend/guild mates …forget about fully progressing HoT ….that wasn’t happening in the old Tyria, and this also the reason why lots of people quit Gw2 lately.

What’s really I miss now in GW2 is the freedom of doing what I want like in the old Tyria …..now I’m forced to grind xps in order to progress , which is fine …..but how can I progress if the xps I get coming from events that MUST been done with lots of players …..when there’re no players in that map ???

I give HoT a -6/10 because tha game mechanics are totally racist !!!!

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

2/10. Mastery points gated behind adventures that are gated behind meta events that are gated and take up to two hours.

Having to now drag myself through content I have no intention of playing to collect tyria mastery points for the legendary mastery gate, then will start on even worse gates to try and get some more.

I’m not sure some of the H0T masteries will unlock in a couple months time unless you get super lucky and someone is running an meta event completion map, so it’s become a scramble to try and find a map that has them open and then try and get some gimmick adventure done before it’s closed again to get the mastery point you need to unlock the potential to get, say, ley line gliding which is then gated behind millions of exp, which is gated behind 2 hour meta event where you can easily d/c and lose progression or even the map you were on.

Too many gates and artificial road blocks, badly thought out for longer term use- it’s almost like the old two week LS releases where they didn’t expect anyone to be doing them after that two weeks.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Overall I would rate HoT a 6/10, I do enjoy a lot of the content, especially tarir and chak gerent (even though I have never got that one done). I just love the big fights that split people up into 3-5 groups that can’t help each other unless they change ‘lanes’ when people are all working towards one big objective (marionette/ vinewrath style, I think that Anet have made a fantastic decision adding more of those fights to the game).
However, there is simply not enough content. I had completely run out of new things to do over a week ago, yes I play an awful lot but that’s how much I played before HoT. Although I really like the majority of the expansion I can’t give it such a high score when there just isn’t enough content to keep me busy for more than 3 weeks. That said, I would give it more like a 9/10 if the amount of content wasn’t involved in my rating.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Cool. Thank you. So, the consensus so far is 5 basically. In the middle. Interesting.

It’s curious; I wonder why there aren’t Anet statements or comments being made to the community to try and encourage leavers to stay. Simply silence. It’s all very well and good that the people who love it or simply enjoy it are staying, but there are quite a lot of people actually leaving.

I’ve been watching the forums, and while Anet isn’t encouraging anyone they randomly sweep up the forums. They’ll come in and knock all those mean posts like “l2p scrublet baby!” under the rug and continue on. In fact most of the original posts of “I don’t like HoT I find it too difficult” were flat out removed completely. And you didn’t get notices for these deleted posts either, such as I spent most of the release of HoT stating “Or you could offer advice or a group invite to struggling players instead of insulting them” and even those posts disappeared from my history. So they are listening, they are there… the disappearing posts prove it. And I agree with their silence, what they need to look at are sales and drop off numbers. And to get good data, they need time. So only time will tell which side wins, which is terrible, we should all be on the same side.

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

8/10 I’m having fun, Maps are amazing (Tangled Depths is a bit too complicated & meta hard but oh well.), Elite specs are fun, revenant is fun, metas are fun, raids are fun & challenging.

There are a lot of flaws but they’re not really taking away the fun imo. Story feels rushed and I hoped for a bit more actual content instead of forcing us to replay the same content 100 times to get certain rewards. (This is also something that bothers me about fractals… yay 50 extra lvls of the same old fractals…) I still find dungeons more fun but oh well.

I don’t mind the mastery gating too much. Gives me an intencive to play certain content. If only there would be more content. What annoys me are timegates.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Year 1 : Core Game 9.5/10
Year 2 : Core Game 7/10
Year 3 : Core Game 3.5/10
Year 3 : HoT + Core Game 4/10
Year 3 : HoT only 2/10

Year 1 : Core Game Grind level 3/10
Year 2 : Core Game Grind Level 5/10
Year 3 : Core Game Grind Level 8/10
Year 3 : HoT + Core Game Grind Level 10/10
Year 3 : HoT Grind Level 10/10

+1 (and I would give more of I would).

You hit the nail on the head here, Used to be you could log in find a map and just do stuff. Now I need to use a scheduler, allocate X hours for doing Y in order to unlock Z. TBH it sounds like more work than my job, maybe it is why I call in sick far to much.

Maybe we all need to send a sick note to the ANet offices.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Year 1 : Core Game 9.5/10
Year 2 : Core Game 7/10
Year 3 : Core Game 3.5/10
Year 3 : HoT + Core Game 4/10
Year 3 : HoT only 2/10

Year 1 : Core Game Grind level 3/10
Year 2 : Core Game Grind Level 5/10
Year 3 : Core Game Grind Level 8/10
Year 3 : HoT + Core Game Grind Level 10/10
Year 3 : HoT Grind Level 10/10

+1 (and I would give more of I would).

You hit the nail on the head here, Used to be you could log in find a map and just do stuff. Now I need to use a scheduler, allocate X hours for doing Y in order to unlock Z. TBH it sounds like more work than my job, maybe it is why I call in sick far to much.

Maybe we all need to send a sick note to the ANet offices.

+1

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

9/10, like the initial levelling and XP farm. I am soon done with HOT masteries, a lot to discover and I discover more and more with new masteries. The maps are huge, complex and well crafted events are unique in this game. I am sure it gets copied by a lot other MMOs (like they did with events).

I think this expansion is for people who like old school challenges to overcome and exploring. Unfortunately, with more and more people starting to play games toxicity, whining and complaints are more and more filling forums etc. See this thread.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Posted by: luky.5480

luky.5480

8/10 now with raids and legendaries beginning to release (can I see the shield please ?)

would become 9/10 if it wasn’t for the regular crashes (meta events unfinished/loosing tries stupidly in the raid)
This is critical for me. Playing while saying myself :
“When will I crash ?”
“Will I be able to get noxious pods this time ?”
“Will I be able to get aurin chests this time ?”
And one hour later earing friends or myself yelling on anet because of this (meaning a bad atmosphere on teamspeak almost everyday)

Also, is Tangled Depths meta event useful ? As someone said, I never finished it as well, but I don’t even try anymore as the rewards seem not necessary (?)

Posted by: Wizler.8192

Wizler.8192

Now I need to use a scheduler, allocate X hours for doing Y in order to unlock Z. TBH it sounds like more work than my job, maybe it is why I call in sick far to much.

8/10

I’ve enjoyed exploring the new maps and I love completion although it’s been challenging. I’ve spent a lot of time reading forums, looking at guides and watching videos to get what I want. It’s hard to feel “casual” when my self-imposed goals require such an investment. It has felt like a second job at times but that was my choice. And then I remember that Guild Wars always required (for me) a lot of wiki visits which is part of the frustration but also part of the achievement. When I got 100% completion of DS last night (after completing VB, AB and TD) it felt very satisfying and also a huge relief to be done!

Now I feel like I can relax and work towards my Central Tyria mastery. I opened up most of the tier 1 legendary precursor weapon collections and I look forward to the next scavenger hunt. But I also feel like this is a long-term goal so no rush.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

My enjoyment for the new zones has lowered quite a bit. They were fun at first, but got old after doing the same events many times.
I’m still enjoying the new specializations and the revenant. Overall I’m still really enjoying the game.
Solid 6-7/10.
I would rate the entire game a bit higher though.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

Now that the expansion has been out for several weeks, I would rate it around a 6 or 7. I’m sort of a “hardcore casual”, which is to say that I play a lot, but it’s not especially driven play. I’m not competitive or AP motivated, and I don’t do things I find grindy.

Things I like about the expansion:

• Lots of long term goals to work towards in the form of armors, masteries, etc.
  • Beautiful maps to explore (even though TD is my idea of personal hell).
  • Increased difficulty of open world mobs
  • Specializations

There are only a few things I don’t like:

• Too many bugs
  • Scribing feels poorly conceived and implemented
  • The map metaevent cycles are too long and too hard

That last one is the killer for me and why I say 6/10.

• I don’t like playing on a timer. I didn’t like it for world bosses, and I like it even less here.
  • The 2-hour cycle is too long.
  • Success requires too many players.
  • Success requires commanders and organization.

I’d be OK with one of the maps being like that, but they all are. Weeks into the expansion, I’ve never yet seen a successful TD, and I’ve only stumbled on a successful DS twice. One night my timing is bad, another there are no organized maps running (yes, I use LFG), another the organized map is full, etc.

SW worked for me precisely because it wasn’t locked in like that. Also, the lead up defense events felt quite different, depending on how many people participated, while the pre-events for the HoT maps feel exactly alike every time I do them. I feel like the designers learned the wrong things from SW.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

3/10

3 only because enjoy Revenant in core area. HoT map not hard skill like many say but just annoy with so many trash mob can not enjoy explore. Some say HoT PvE for challenge but not really. Just endless trash mob can not stop to enjoy or explore map in endless jump puzzle. I try over and over for many hour. I will never go back to HoT map any more because one huge jump puzzle with glide thing and trash mob all over. Feel like it was person that made SAB also make HoT map and make as annoy as possible. Wish never bought HoT.

So 3 point because I have Revenant. I hate HoT map not because hard but because no stop trash garbage mix with jump puzzle.

I will not ever buy next expansion until I see how work. I learn my lesson.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if i was to review evrything
my rating = 5 = average anything under is bad

Hot=6/10
Gw2=6/10
Gw2 F2P= 4
not much of a fun factor as everything feels the same even the minigames are nothing more than using skills like you normally would in combat

and everything profitable gets nerfed to hell
and now theres Anet’s new grind to hell philosophy

the only things i do enjoy about the game are the graphics and sound definetly loved HoT’s login music and some of the world music

it is sad i spend more time looking at stuff than actually actively playing the game’s content

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Happy players would be playing in the game right now. They don’t have time reading through these threads because they’re too busy enjoying themselves.

Unhappy players quit the game and have lots of free time rage on forum because they don’t want to log on. That’s why the general score is quite low here.

Hey, not fair – some of us enjoy it but simply have our games keep crashing on us! (Or we log into the forum during breaks at work.) I’ve enjoyed critical analysis of the game elements with some people here who actually give detailed and interesting posts, too.

Oh, and I’ve seen plenty of people here who seem to love the game but simply come on the forums to flame those who have questions/problems. Not really sure why they’re here… they’re spending valuable life time and energy and effort reading through and constructing responses to posts they seem to despise. And their posts are usually uninformative.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

1/10, not much content and what little there is ends up in the cash shop instead as per the usual F2P style of business. This used to be a great b2p game and now it is not thanks to HoT. On the plus side, pre-ordering this expansion has finally taught me to NEVER pre-order another game ever again unless it’s a blizzard title.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

4/10 now.
-WvW is dead, and it was my favorite game mode.
-HoT maps are empty, meta are way to long and I’m tired of using lfg taxis for nothing because most of time, I only switch from a failing map to another.
-Gathering Wars 2 is killing the remaining love I still have for the game.
-Time to take a break.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

5/10 It’s a place you only go to when you have a lot of extra time. Frustrating when you see an event up and can’t get to it, or you work to get to a waypoint or point of interest and you’re on the wrong level.

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

reasonable pace? its fine as is good god quit expecting everything to be handed to you progress to it. Its hard and take awhile for a reason we dont need another starwars where people fly through the content get bored and quit like 2 days later because they power gamed through it. Just relax have fun and play take some breaks no pressure your not paying a sub.

Posted by: Peppit.9057

Peppit.9057

I don’t think it’ll stay fun. I really loathe the new focus on zerg events where you need a full map to even have a chance of doing it properly. They nerfed dungeons to the point where nobody does them, so that’s variety gone.

The new 50-100 fractals are lazy. They didn’t add any new content, new maps, new challenges… it’s just more HP and more damage. They bragged about how they could deliver small chunks of content but it has been well over 18 months since the last map addition. OTOH, the changes make them more accessible, so it cancels out the lack of new content a bit. The rewards are still crap.

PvP – Strongholds NEED a tutorial. Otherwise, PvP is really kittening great at the moment. There’s a lot of variety and it feels rewarding.

WvW: new maps are beautiful and complex. But it didn’t address the core issues; WvW hasn’t had a tourney in a year, people are starting to quit because the meta is still stale AF and there isn’t anything to do. It now feels like you can’t siege properly, e.g. cutting off supply to prevent upgrades. No sense of competition and rewards are balls. Badges seem to have stopped dropping.

I like collections. I like scavenger hunts and jumping puzzles.

Personal story: Buggy and it really ruins the fun. There doesn’t seem to be any significant differences in story paths. It feels so linear and like there aren’t any choices. I do like that the achievements are pretty functional, however. It’s like – walk about, fight mobs, cutscene, what do baws? fight!, cutscene and reward. OTOH it’s well voice acted and interesting, so it can have that.

I also like the new skins, but I feel like there are some really hideous things in there, e.g. leystone armour looks AWFUL.

I really like adventures. I really wish that they were bigger and were available more. Maybe once you’ve done the meta with it, you can queue for it? (pref. in a group) I wish the adventures could have some story, like a side-PS where you have a Faren-esque adventure.

So… maybe a 7/10. It’s good. That’s it. It doesn’t feel worth $40. I hope the next patch is ASAP and each have meaningful content, story and skins.

(edited by Peppit.9057)

Posted by: Zind.3659

Zind.3659

3/10 for me.

Finally finished my elite spec yesterday, and I don’t feel like having to schlep around to a bunch of random spots on the map enhanced my feeling of reward at all; the most prevalent feeling was “finally I’m done with that kitten.”

Was trying to play the story to get XP for tier 2 glider, and finally got it – took way longer than I’d have liked, but not a bad time. However, during that process any desire I had to explore got killed because I became incredibly frustrated at the amount of places I couldn’t figure out how to get to because I didn’t know how to jump on mushrooms or dig in mud. So, I figured I’d do mushrooms next. Kept going for a little bit, having a decent time again, but now all of a sudden I need yet another mastery just to continue the storyline. Ugh.

Raid – no complaints. Literally the most fun I’ve ever had in the game, and all we did was wipe on the first boss for 3 hours (but we got a little further every time!). I now actually feel some sort of incentive for trying to get ascended gear, although I’m still struggling to find a part of the game that’s fun enough to earn the needed gold and materials. Fractals are generally what I’ve settled on.

Suggestions that would bring it up to 7/8+ IMHO:

1) Drastically reduce elite spec unlock requirements. Old world map clear should’ve meant a day 1 unlock IMO – grinding toward the reward of unlocking a new way to grind just seems silly. I’d have much preferred the elite specs be behind a class quest (or even a longish series of them), with some neat lore in it. How did my engineer learn to be a scrapper? Apparently by looking at glowy balls of energy and fighting a bunch of things using the same methods he has been for ages. Kind of a letdown.

2) Put the “necessary” masteries behind story quests, or relatively trivial amounts of XP. The higher tier masteries in general should rightly take some time and effort to unlock, but several of them do nothing but hinder my enjoyment of the game. Seeing a thing (like the mushrooms or wallow holes) and finding out “oh, I have to go do X to be able to use that” is fine, when X is well-defined (and preferably a fun activity in and of itself). Seeing a thing and finding out “oh, I have to go do a TON of things before I can use that” should be reserved only for very rare and powerful things, IMO.

3) Take the time gate off of ascended gear crafting (or reduce it in some way). With the raid being introduced, I imagine the demand for the time gated parts is higher than ever and the market won’t be affected as heavily.

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

reasonable pace? its fine as is good god quit expecting everything to be handed to you progress to it. Its hard and take awhile for a reason we dont need another starwars where people fly through the content get bored and quit like 2 days later because they power gamed through it. Just relax have fun and play take some breaks no pressure your not paying a sub.

Except that this thread isn’t about pushing people around and making them do anything, it’s about how people would rate the fun factor. If their favorite game style is like that Star Wars game you mentioned (although honestly, I’ve no idea which one you mean), then they’re probably going to have a lower fun factor rating here.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: KhanKatir.4038

KhanKatir.4038

These days I log in, get the daily free log in reward, log out. I’d say a solid 1.

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

me i give it an 8 because well i enjoy it world is great constant updates are great when they get to rolling if people dont find it fun i havnt a clue why they bother to stick around except to waste their time ranting right now hot is ranked up at the 6th most played and most enjoyed game as of right now so pretty much im sure we are a minority base.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

if people dont find it fun i havnt a clue why they bother to stick around except to waste their time ranting

Because it’s not a black-and-white issue. This is overly simplistic. It’s not always love or always hate. Very often for players of MMOs, it’s a frequently changing kaleidoscope of satisfaction and disappointments, adjustments and feedback.

And negative feedback can be just as valuable as positive. That has often been the case here.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

But what about all those metacritic 10s…

…oh.

Posted by: cenobite.1506

cenobite.1506

2, I did map completion and all I wanted in hot maps and tbh don’t want to go back there

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

With some time in on it and playing on something other than my Nerfior, I can say my opinion’s gone up for HoT.

Solo play is still low, like 5/10.
Bringing a friend raises that a few notches: 7/10.
Both are impressionistic numbers. Breaking things down a bit X out of 10:

Character growth/options – 7
Now that I’m past the worst parts of the mastery grind, I look forward to unlocking the rest. It’s still long, grindy poo, but I can at least say that the improvements are account bound and permanent, the “it could have been worse” line.
New specs are interesting, and while the mastery grind for each character grates, the exploration and getting swept up in event threads remains one of GW2’s big draws.

Exploration – 6
This would be at least 2 points higher if the minimap didn’t suck. I’d love to have a permanent marker for me to add my own account-bound symbols to the map, so I can find my way around better. The mastery limits and Metroidvania feel are also a huge barrier to actually exploring the zones, so you can forget about completion until you grind out masteries.
All that aside, gliding is hilarious, and it gets me killed as often as it saves my tail. Auric Basin is especially gorgeous, and Verdant Brink is decent to get around. I’d be fine with turning Tangled Depths into a crater. I’m sure the chak would survive anyway. The time gate on Dragon’s Stand isn’t fun either. Remember Majora’s Mask and having to restart the time right in the middle of exploring? Yeah, that sucked, and Dragon’s Stand is no different.
With gliding in place, the zone design gained some interesting verticality. Problem is, there aren’t enough ways to go “up” in most of the maps.

Event Metas/Group play – 4
Harsh rating, right? This is largely from Tarir and Dragon’s Stand having huge event gates to major chunks of the experience. If HoT content gets old, and it already has for some, underpopulated maps just won’t be able to succeed, due to bad scaling. Octovine is a sin bigger than Triple Wurm; No Romeo/Juliet fights in open world! It’s appropriate for raids and guild challenges, but open world needs mechanics that are easily understood.
Most events are decent, at least. Shame about those group hero points, as map populations are either dwindling or busy dealing with meta-events. Otherwise, playing with a friend is the best way to purge the boredom of roaming and dealing with mob groups.

Story – 6
The story is decent, but it bulldozes into its major plot points, so it feels empty in places. Much the same, there are some very satisfying moments (but shhshh, no spoilers, folks).

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Rex.6954

Rex.6954

I love the people complaining about not being able to get elite spec day 1, really? lmao

9/10 so far, loving everything to bits. The new prorgession system is very fun compared to just gaining a LVL but you gain something totally different with masteries

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

6/10 if I feel generous.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Rex.6954

Rex.6954

3/10

3 only because enjoy Revenant in core area. HoT map not hard skill like many say but just annoy with so many trash mob can not enjoy explore. Some say HoT PvE for challenge but not really. Just endless trash mob can not stop to enjoy or explore map in endless jump puzzle. I try over and over for many hour. I will never go back to HoT map any more because one huge jump puzzle with glide thing and trash mob all over. Feel like it was person that made SAB also make HoT map and make as annoy as possible. Wish never bought HoT.

So 3 point because I have Revenant. I hate HoT map not because hard but because no stop trash garbage mix with jump puzzle.

I will not ever buy next expansion until I see how work. I learn my lesson.

I agree 3/10, your getting hit by mobs so often, unless your in an area with other players, you can’t enjoy the map and what it has to offer as well as getting lost or falling to your death to get a hero or mastery point.
I also wish I didn’t spend the $140 Aus to get the expansion, I wish I could just go back to running maps and helping out when needed and having fun. I think HoT is the new Microsoft XP/Vista debacle, you should have the choice to down grade to GW2 core (or from Vista back to XP) to fit your personal needs.

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

I am seeing players getting around with over 100 mastery points……HOW!

My question is how many MP’s (Mastery Points) do you (or the hard core players have) have (at launch) that you then earn XP to unlock gliding etc making the new area fun and playable?

I had 5 and it cost 1.2million XP for 1 MP’s (first one then almost doubled, tripled..etc) and this unlocked nothing worth a crap, run faster in cities, wooptedo.
I find the cost to high in my opinion, with little to keep me playing for the $140 Aus to get HoT, then to top it off I have to basically level another 80lvls (equivalent) to play the same character but different, for me the cost both in dollars and game time is not worth it, I am (at this point) not happy with the expansions and don’t have the in game (or real world) resources to get the MP’s to make it worth while…. also the hero points are to hard to get at without the masteries so I am frustrated and disillusioned to say the least….

I think they should have 30 day money back guarantee, I spent $140 Aus for something I now realise is not something I am interested in… The core GW2 sure, HoT.. not so much.

For people with over 100 Mastery rank, they probably had world completion and a lot of MP rewarding achcievements completed in core tyria so all they needed to do was grind out the EXP to get a quick 50 or so ranks through core tyria, also they probably had a massive number of exp boosts already saved up from the past 3 years with a stack of birthday and celebration boosters. As for HoT, you have this thing called the achievement panel, under the heart of thorns section you can find all the mastery points you dont yet have and how to get them. As for the exp part, again use all the boosters and food you can get and go roll through Dragon Stand from start to finish and that should net you 25% of a full EXP bar in 1 run with additional phat loots. Basically you gotta git gud.

Posted by: Snake Antelope.9583

Snake Antelope.9583

been playing gw since factions.. 1st post ever to the forums.

i won’t rehash all the things that have been said..

so 2/10

as a casual player.. i like the new class and legendary tracks. the rest of the expansion is a giant ball of frustration and nonsense.

/2cents

edit: i’ll give it a 3/10.. forgot about the raids.. that i like as well.

i went back and finished HoT..

fun factor 0.. after playing this franchise for 9+ years. i dont like the new direction of platform game at all..