I can't AB Multimap!

I can't AB Multimap!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Any change to the meta in AB is going to come with collateral damage. Some people will be unhappy and some of those will leave. Probably not as many as threaten to leave.

On the other hand, it’ll mean more people doing other metas, like TD and VB, which would make some of us happier and, in my opinion, would be worth it in the long run.

The AB meta is something that’s been going on for too long. It really doesn’t help the game as a whole. It helps the types of people that can farm the same event over and over again because it’s profitable. I submit that’s not a majority of the playerbase.

As long the AB meta pulls people from other areas of the game, it’s a problem that needs addressing in my opinion.

Not really. You can do the TD and VB meta while the AB meta is not active. Besides, I seen tons of people playing TD and VB meta just yesterday.

The AB meta fills multiple maps, at least five or six.

When was the last time you saw five servers doing either VB or TD?

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Any change to the meta in AB is going to come with collateral damage. Some people will be unhappy and some of those will leave. Probably not as many as threaten to leave.

On the other hand, it’ll mean more people doing other metas, like TD and VB, which would make some of us happier and, in my opinion, would be worth it in the long run.

The AB meta is something that’s been going on for too long. It really doesn’t help the game as a whole. It helps the types of people that can farm the same event over and over again because it’s profitable. I submit that’s not a majority of the playerbase.

As long the AB meta pulls people from other areas of the game, it’s a problem that needs addressing in my opinion.

Not really. You can do the TD and VB meta while the AB meta is not active. Besides, I seen tons of people playing TD and VB meta just yesterday.

Irrelevant, the amount of server doesn’t really matter. If at least one server is doing it, then I can play VB and TD meta when it pops up. And I always see at least one server doing it.

Right now, people can still play TD/VB meta off AB meta hours. Even if AB multimap loot gets nerfed, TD and VB meta won’t magically get more people.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

sure lets buff both of those to match ab so people will actually have a reason to multiloot them. your ectos will only go down in price because of this. idc because not only do i farm to sell but i farm mats i need also.

im bad at sarcasm

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

Irrelevant, the amount of server doesn’t really matter. If at least one server is doing it, then I can play VB and TD meta when it pops up. And I always see at least one server doing it.

Right now, people can still play TD/VB meta off AB meta hours. Even if AB multimap loot gets nerfed, TD and VB meta won’t magically get more people.

Most of the time. Not always. I was on a TD map yesterday that didn’t have enough people to do the meta. I was there early. It was the only map advertising.

Sure if you’re in the US or you play normal hours for your server, it might be like that, but I can assure you it’s not always like that.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I can’t speak for everyone but even if you nerf AB it isn’t gonna make me wanna do DS/TD/VB lol.

Back when I actually did HoT metas, I always did TD before AB, they never overlap so it just makes no sense how nerfing one will suddenly make the other more popular.

You should be arguing for TD/VB/DS buffs and not AB nerfs, that way there’s a guarantee people are more likely to do those metas.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

I can’t speak for everyone but even if you nerf AB it isn’t gonna make me wanna do DS/TD/VB lol.

Back when I actually did HoT metas, I always did TD before AB, they never overlap so it just makes no sense how nerfing one will suddenly make the other more popular.

You should be arguing for TD/VB/DS buffs and not AB nerfs, that way there’s a guarantee people are more likely to do those metas.

People who play less hours a day might do one meta. They’ll do the most profitable one. I actually like the AB meta the least of all the metas. I bet other people do too.

But if you think MMO players don’t head where the crowds are, I’d say your’e mistaken.

The crowds are at AB so that’s where people go.

I can't AB Multimap!

fishball.7204

I mean if you only have 30 minutes of play time just to do AB then you’re not gonna be able to do VB or DS anyway since those take longer so maaaaaybe sure they might do TD instead of AB if the rewards were even. Maybe.

I’m not even sure you read the whole post I made since I basically said that if we equalize the rewards people are more likely to do other metas but instead of nerfs to AB, there should be buffs to the other ones.

There’s a reason why people don’t bother with DS, it’s a long meta with trash rewards unless you need specific things (collections/achievements/HPs/Pets etc). Nerfing AB isn’t suddenly gonna make DS popular since it’s inferior in rewards even to TD or VB for example.

I guess reading is hard for people though so w/e.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

I mean if you only have 30 minutes of play time just to do AB then you’re not gonna be able to do VB or DS anyway since those take longer so maaaaaybe sure they might do TD instead of AB if the rewards were even. Maybe.

I’m not even sure you read the whole post I made since I basically said that if we equalize the rewards people are more likely to do other metas but instead of nerfs to AB, there should be buffs to the other ones.

There’s a reason why people don’t bother with DS, it’s a long meta with trash rewards unless you need specific things (collections/achievements/HPs/Pets etc). Nerfing AB isn’t suddenly gonna make DS popular since it’s inferior in rewards even to TD or VB for example.

I guess reading is hard for people though so w/e.

VB takes 30 minutes. Not sure what you’re talking about. And TD is as fast as AB.

Edit: I wouldn’t mind if the equalized the rewards. I feel it’s bad for the game if one meta has rewards that are significantly better than the others, with the same level of difficulty.

I can't AB Multimap!

runeblade.7514

Most of the time. Not always. I was on a TD map yesterday that didn’t have enough people to do the meta. I was there early. It was the only map advertising.

Sure if you’re in the US or you play normal hours for your server, it might be like that, but I can assure you it’s not always like that.

And none of that is actually AB’s fault. TD and VB will not get more people if you nerf AB.

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

And none of that is actually AB’s fault. TD and VB will not get more people if you nerf AB.

In your opinion. The only way to really know is if it happens. There’s no way to know.

The bottom line is not everyone just does meta event after meta event. Some people do a meta event and run off to do other stuff.

For people that do meta events constantly, they might think other people are the same. But if a person does only one meta event, maybe two, they’re not likely to choose less profitable ones.

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

Yes I can read fine. I’m still not sure how you can know none of this is ABs fault. If a person doesn’t run many metas, they’re going to run the meta they know everyone is doing because they know everyone is doing it. If not everyone was doing it, there’d be more of a choice.

You see only a couple of people doing something, because it’s not as profitable and you don’t necessarily go back.

Now if the rewards were more on a par, we don’t know what would happen.

I think AB is too rewarding for what it is. The rewards are out of balance with the rest of the game. You might think that doesn’t affect other content, but I happen not to think that.

Your opinion differs from mine, but it’s still an opinion. There’s no way you can state as a fact that AB doesn’t affect the rest of the game.

That would leave two options. increase every other meta so it’s as profitable as AB, or just change AB since it’s the only meta that’s that profitable.

The best option would be to buff the other metas some, and tone down AB some…in my opinion.

I can't AB Multimap!

runeblade.7514

In your opinion. The only way to really know is if it happens. There’s no way to know.

The bottom line is not everyone just does meta event after meta event. Some people do a meta event and run off to do other stuff.

For people that do meta events constantly, they might think other people are the same. But if a person does only one meta event, maybe two, they’re not likely to choose less profitable ones.

It is not a opinion. Because the meta does not overlap with each other at all.

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

That’s a single factor. However, you’re also assuming that a person is going to spend their in game time doing metas. Not everyone really enjoys metas. In fact, I’m one of those people.

Even though metas don’t happen at the same time, It’s highly unlikely I’m going to do more than two metas a day if that. Usually I’ll only do one meta.

At that point I have to choose which meta I do. Now, if one meta is more rewarding than the others, and I was interested in rewards, that’s the meta I’d do. I’m not driven primarily by rewards, but I know people who are. They log in, just at the time the AB meta is going, and then they have other things to do in real life.

They could log in and do other metas, it’s not like they can’t, but they have to choose. I’m going to do one meta. It’s going to be AB.

If more people do it, it has more chance of success. Why take a risk on other metas. You can get one that succeeds most often, with the most loot. Why bother with the other metas at all…unless you need specific currency.

I know too many people in game who use this kind of logic. These other metas have a higher chance of failing so I’m not going to waste my time. And why do more people do TD?

If you don’t think it’s because it has the most profit, I’m not sure what else to tell you.

The schedule only matters if a person can’t choose when to log in. But some people do one meta and jump into WvW for the rest of the time. Or PvP. Or work on achievements.

Most of those people will most likely choose the most profitable meta, that has the highest chance of success.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Players are not machines that run continuously with maximum efficiency. Consider their tolerance for farming a finite resource that is more quickly expended as effort increases and reward decreases.

In other words, AB is only likely to have zero impact in a scenario where players spend 100% of their time maximizing gold gained. In this scenario, players complete AB and then move on to the next most lucrative event and so on until AB is up again.

A more likely scenario is that players will find other events less rewarding because, compared to AB, they are. They may still farm outside of AB, but as the effort to reward ratio is comparatively less than it was prior to AB multimap, they’ll tend to spend less time doing it.

It’s a safe assumption that having an event that offers vastly greater rewards with less effort will result in players participating less in other, less rewarding events of a similar nature. The effect would simply be more dramatic if the AB meta timer also overlapped other events. But it’s hardly a requirement!

I can't AB Multimap!

fishball.7204

You’re overlooking the fact that SW chest farm still exists.

Those who look for rewards might go to AB for now, if it gets nerfed they’ll go to SW.

Those who don’t care about rewards and do metas for fun, do whatever anyway.

VB/TD/DS isn’t even on the list for people who primarily look for rewards.

Thus it makes no logical sense that a nerf to AB will suddenly populate 3 metas which offer next to nothing when there’s a mountain of different things that are far more profitable than them.

The only 100% fact that can come from AB nerf is that less people will do AB.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

I can't AB Multimap!

abaddon.3290

That’s a single factor. However, you’re also assuming that a person is going to spend their in game time doing metas. Not everyone really enjoys metas. In fact, I’m one of those people.

Even though metas don’t happen at the same time, It’s highly unlikely I’m going to do more than two metas a day if that. Usually I’ll only do one meta.

At that point I have to choose which meta I do. Now, if one meta is more rewarding than the others, and I was interested in rewards, that’s the meta I’d do. I’m not driven primarily by rewards, but I know people who are. They log in, just at the time the AB meta is going, and then they have other things to do in real life.

They could log in and do other metas, it’s not like they can’t, but they have to choose. I’m going to do one meta. It’s going to be AB.

If more people do it, it has more chance of success. Why take a risk on other metas. You can get one that succeeds most often, with the most loot. Why bother with the other metas at all…unless you need specific currency.

I know too many people in game who use this kind of logic. These other metas have a higher chance of failing so I’m not going to waste my time. And why do more people do TD?

If you don’t think it’s because it has the most profit, I’m not sure what else to tell you.

The schedule only matters if a person can’t choose when to log in. But some people do one meta and jump into WvW for the rest of the time. Or PvP. Or work on achievements.

Most of those people will most likely choose the most profitable meta, that has the highest chance of success.

so nerfing ab will magically make people do metas they dont actually want to do? you havnt really thought this argument through have you?

im bad at sarcasm

I can't AB Multimap!

fishball.7204

I mean it’s pretty obvious to anyone who plays the game that nerfing one meta doesn’t make another popular.

When they nerfed the original SW chest farm around Amber did people suddenly go do Dry Top instead? No.

When they nerfed frostgorge champ trains did the guys suddenly go do events in Straits/Malchor’s Leap? No.

When they nerfed queensdale champ train did people go do Wayfarer Foothills? No.

I can go on and on but it’s pretty obvious if you’ve actually played GW2 to know it won’t happen. Any AB nerf will just result in less people doing AB, nothing else.

Personally I don’t care if AB gets nerfed or not since it barely affects me but it’s kinda funny how poor arguments and justifications are thrown around by people who don’t know what they’re talking about.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

so nerfing ab will magically make people do metas they dont actually want to do? you havnt really thought this argument through have you?

He’s not talking about everyone who does the AB multiloot.

He’s talking about the players who primarily play for rewards/items who also only have a limited time to play. They are going to pick the meta they can be sure that most are doing. They don’t have time for failure.

And there are players who can do things they don’t like if the reward they get out of it is good enough in their opinion to override that displeasure.

I can't AB Multimap!

fishball.7204

Even those who primarily play for rewards/items and lack time will not be doing VB/TD/DS. Actually, they’ll ESPECIALLY avoid those since the reward:time ratio is bad.

Fractal T4/node harvesting offer a far better return so if they’re truly so limited on time and want gold/items they’ll avoid metas entirely.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

I bet you there are a bunch of people who don’t want to do AB and ONLY do it because it’s profitable. So yes, they’ll do other things.

We’ve even seen posts by people who say this directly so yes, I have thought it out.

I can't AB Multimap!

runeblade.7514

No you won’t get to choose what meta you get to play. If you just log on, the timer chooses what meta you can do because the meta does not overlap and the meta are on a timer. There is no choice if I want to AB vs; VB. It is a choice of, “Do I want to do VB or not?” If I said no, I don’t want to do VB. It is not because I rather do AB. Even if AB gets nerfed, it does not change the fact that VB will get more people I will still not ask myself should I do AB or VB. All it means is that AB will get less people.

It is much more profitable to do AB and VB than just do AB and, lets say, go on the internet to troll.

I can't AB Multimap!

runeblade.7514

I bet you there are a bunch of people who don’t want to do AB and ONLY do it because it’s profitable. So yes, they’ll do other things.

We’ve even seen posts by people who say this directly so yes, I have thought it out.

I don’t see why those bunch of people will go straight to VB and TD just because AB got nerfed. It doesn’t seem like you thought that out.

Maybe the better solution is to buff TD and VB reward so that those bunch of people will rotate maps.

I can't AB Multimap!

fishball.7204

Oh they’ll definitely do other things, just not VB.

SW/Fractals/Gathering etc all >>>> VB.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

I can't AB Multimap!

runeblade.7514

I agree, VB and TD meta aren’t run because of gold. They are run because of the mapwide currency.

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

I agree, VB and TD meta aren’t run because of gold. They are run because of the mapwide currency.

Some people actually run events for fun. But it’s not fun if everyone is doing AB. AB is my least favorite meta, but it’s the one I know has the best chance of succeeding. That’s the main reason I run it.

I know I’m not alone in this, because others in my guild feel the same way.

I can't AB Multimap!

fishball.7204

Nerfing AB doesn’t make the other metas easier to succeed though.

It’d be like saying nerfing Jormag would make Triple Trouble succeed more often. Makes. Zero. Sense.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

Nerfing AB doesn’t make the other metas easier to succeed though.

It’d be like saying nerfing Jormag would make Triple Trouble succeed more often. Makes. Zero. Sense.

Well the point is, the other metas might be easier to succeed if every person didn’t run mostly AB and nothing else. Too many people just run AB. So how are the others ever to have a chance to succeed. Why would people try them after failing the first time.

AB is almost a guaranteed success….because everyone is running it. Why? Because of the mega loot.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

If they nerf the multiloot I´ll be leaving the game. At least in the ML there is communication and you fight things. Only other thing worth doing in the game is silverwastes or farming materials. I´d rather scratch out my eyes than do either of these two activites everydays for hours.

Lol PvE players ><

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

I can't AB Multimap!

runeblade.7514

Some people actually run events for fun. But it’s not fun if everyone is doing AB. AB is my least favorite meta, but it’s the one I know has the best chance of succeeding. That’s the main reason I run it.

The people who run events for fun aren’t the same people who run AB all the time.

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

The people who run events for fun aren’t the same people who run AB all the time.

I run events for fun and I now run AB more than any other meta, not because I find it fun but because failing events isn’t fun. And those other events fail, when they do, often because of lack of participation.

This generalizing that people do this or people do that is almost always wrong. Some people do some things, some people do other things. Even if you don’t play for loot you still want the events to succeed, or at least many people do. And those people have the best chance of success at the most populated map.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: DiamondLK.9234

DiamondLK.9234

well im writting a comment from a new player’s perspective here. my gw’s age is 70days so yea. im not here to join the debate and i havnt properly participate in VB SW DT etc i do AB the most pretty much everyday. like i said.. i havnt played more than 2months but guess what. Ive got Twilight without spending a cent ( real money i mean). I read every comment and my opinion is.. AB deserves to get nerfed. New players like me can get one of the most expensive and popular items in 2 months just by doing AB multi ? i dont think it was designed in this way. now im crafting my Flameseeker and im waiting the halloween events are end so i can craft it in about coupe of weeks.

Note: i think it roughly took 3weeks for map completion and WvW reward. i bought all the rest mats. Easy

I can't AB Multimap!

abaddon.3290

well im writting a comment from a new player’s perspective here. my gw’s age is 70days so yea. im not here to join the debate and i havnt properly participate in VB SW DT etc i do AB the most pretty much everyday. like i said.. i havnt played more than 2months but guess what. Ive got Twilight without spending a cent ( real money i mean). I read every comment and my opinion is.. AB deserves to get nerfed. New players like me can get one of the most expensive and popular items in 2 months just by doing AB multi ? i dont think it was designed in this way. now im crafting my Flameseeker and im waiting the halloween events are end so i can craft it in about coupe of weeks.

Note: i think it roughly took 3weeks for map completion and WvW reward. i bought all the rest mats. Easy

thats funny. now go run SW and make double the amount you made doing AB then come back to me. ab is dead. has been for a little bit now. only 5 maps total normally when it used to hit 9 everytime.

im bad at sarcasm

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ab is dead. has been for a little bit now. only 5 maps total normally when it used to hit 9 everytime.

You really think AB is going to be dead after Halloween ends? (and before Wintersday begins)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

I can't AB Multimap!

abaddon.3290

ab is dead. has been for a little bit now. only 5 maps total normally when it used to hit 9 everytime.

You really think AB is going to be dead after Halloween ends? (and before Wintersday begins)

not completely. but before halloween the population was obviously dropping off hard.

im bad at sarcasm

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Multi loot needs to end. You worked for 1 reward you should get 1 reward.

As it stands it’s like runescape. Whoever clicks the fastest gets the most loot. Whoever has the largest squad gets the most loot.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

I completed Ex-Machina, and “The Great Reformer” while AB multi is around, these achievments requires tons of HoT currencies. But, i do not see specific need to ‘distribute’ the population to other metas.

There is no pratical argument for that purpose.

Someone just think is beautiful the 4 maps supposedly have “equally distributed” population and so.

The current format of Tangled Depths is perfectly “farmable” solo, or with group of 5 people. U do the outposts events, that requires less people, u get chack acid, and when the lanes events is complet, popup more Cached-Supplies on the lanes, u run and open the caches before the meta. Note that this cicle is independent of the Gerent-Meta.

What i see players with inadequate builds or even WvW builds trying HoT maps, so they rely on an easy environment, and an easy atmosphere is always to have big Zergs doing everything.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

if a map is unattractive to 24hours farming type people, does not mean that is dead. before AB multimap, 5 or 6 active maps was normal.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

It doesn’t matter to me one way or another… But the inconsistency is what bugs me.

Dragon’s Stand meta finishes: people are locked out
Auric Basin finishes: You can go between maps all you want.

Pick one and do it the same for both… Either way is fine

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

The thing thats bothering me about AB multis is the commanders that idle in there all day long charging gold for “VIP” passes. It’s bad enough that people are exploiting the hell out of this map but charging gold on top is another kind of greedy altogether. To some people having a commanders badge is a license to farm gold. I wish Anet would make a stand 1 way or another. 1 guy was bragging how he earned a 3k item from the TP in 6 days, lets not pretend that AB multis arent exploiting, specially when people farm them 12 hours a day. Theres even a guild called AB created for just that purpose.

I can't AB Multimap!

Seera.5916

The thing thats bothering me about AB multis is the commanders that idle in there all day long charging gold for “VIP” passes. It’s bad enough that people are exploiting the hell out of this map but charging gold on top is another kind of greedy altogether. To some people having a commanders badge is a license to farm gold. I wish Anet would make a stand 1 way or another. 1 guy was bragging how he earned a 3k item from the TP in 6 days, lets not pretend that AB multis arent exploiting, specially when people farm them 12 hours a day. Theres even a guild called AB created for just that purpose.

So suddenly if I do something that I find enjoyable or at least tolerable for 12 hours it’s an exploit? Time a player participates in anything does not make it an exploit.

If ANet wanted it to end due to it being an exploit, it would have already been stopped.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Vitali.4719

Vitali.4719

What bothers me with multimap is that you just can’t find a normal squad. Multimap is like the new GW2 cancer. You get kicked without good reason (Yeah, I didn’t know I was waiting in the lobby when I wasn’t supposed to, what a bad player I am, right ?)
Maybe it’s time to get the Dragon’s Stand system in AB. If you didn’t do the meta on an instance, you don’t get the reward.

Serah Grayford – Tempest lvl. 80 – Dark Side Of Our Souls [PNJ]

I can't AB Multimap!

abaddon.3290

What bothers me with multimap is that you just can’t find a normal squad. Multimap is like the new GW2 cancer. You get kicked without good reason (Yeah, I didn’t know I was waiting in the lobby when I wasn’t supposed to, what a bad player I am, right ?)
Maybe it’s time to get the Dragon’s Stand system in AB. If you didn’t do the meta on an instance, you don’t get the reward.

if your not multimapping why do you need to be in a squad?

im bad at sarcasm

I can't AB Multimap!

Vayne.8563

if your not multimapping why do you need to be in a squad?

I get in squads because if I should lose connection there’s a chance to get back into teh same map that’s actually doing the event.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

The only thing that I ask for is for the devs to give us an answer on the question that people keeping fighting over:
Do they consider this to be an exploit that needs fixing, an exploit they allow because of the kittenstorm that would cause or if this was actually intented and truly allowed?

I can't AB Multimap!

abaddon.3290

The only thing that I ask for is for the devs to give us an answer on the question that people keeping fighting over:
Do they consider this to be an exploit that needs fixing, an exploit they allow because of the kittenstorm that would cause or if this was actually intented and truly allowed?

they wont because even if they come out and say its not a exploit the kittenstorm wont stop. people will abuse them and non stop spam about how they are mistaken or “just giving in to bad players demands” as theyve been doing to people who defend it repeatedly.

im bad at sarcasm

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

they wont because even if they come out and say its not a exploit the kittenstorm wont stop. people will abuse them and non stop spam about how they are mistaken or “just giving in to bad players demands” as theyve been doing to people who defend it repeatedly.

I’ve recently been pondering if there is a solution they’ve already implemented, and we’re right in the middle of it. Namely the new maps being added for LWS3.

Diffuse the ABMM by creating new maps that can give commensurate and/or more appealing rewards, instead of modifying/nerfing old maps… and, over time it’ll get fixed by diffusing the people doing it. If it only partially works, then they can decide if they need to step in for something more heavy handed, or are willing to let it go. By that time, though, the player push back won’t be as intense as it would be if they took that heavy handed approach now.

Now, I’m not suggesting that this is the sole purpose of the new maps (it’s obviously not), but there’s no reason it can’t be an intentional benefit/solution from them.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

I can't AB Multimap!

Seera.5916

Lack of action on it speaks louder than anything they could say. There is a very very low chance they consider it an exploit.

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

That does not indicate that it needs to be fixed. Ultimately, that is up to ANet. But if you’d like to know why it should be fixed, forget about “inflation” and just answer this question: Is it generally good design to provide vastly more loot for one event than other, similar events? If you know the answer (and you do!) , then you know why this doesn’t work in the long run and why AB multi should be (and likely will be) fixed at some point.

You seem to have some kind of tunnel vision about AB. “vastly more loot” =/= AB must be fixed. What I know is, other events are too UNrewarding, which is a problem people have been talking about since HoT came out and Anet themselves tried to fix. So, the answer is not that “AB multi should be fixed,” it’s that rewards should be balanced across the board or at least diversified enough for different types of activities that there are incentives to do different things.

“In the long run.” AB multiloot has not been detrimental to the economy at all. Ecto has stabilized for a while at ~33-35 s, which was the price before rumours of leg armour drove it up to~60s. The elder wood price drop coincided with the release of BF, and has little to do with AB. Prices of other mats have also remained stable. You can imagine without AB, leather prices would most likely have skyrocketed by now. Lower prices for crafting is much better to retain new players, I hope I don’t have to explain that to you.

AB multiloot is friendly to people without a ton of playtime, is not boring like SW, and requires cooperation and coordination among a large number of players. That’s why it’s so popular and why Anet haven’t and won’t nerf it until they want to hard pull population to where they want us to go.

this is so stupid and the only what can came from this argument is a circular loot scaling

AB multilloot is too rewarding —-—>increase the other metas reward——→ AB single(legal) loot is too unrewarding —-—→increase the AB loot———————>AB multiloot is too rewarding

rewards are balanced in metas , the only thing that breaks the balance is the multiloot thing, and its easier for balance think fix the multiloot xploit than go to a multiplicative scaling of loot for metas

I can't AB Multimap!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

If they nerf the multiloot I´ll be leaving the game. At least in the ML there is communication and you fight things. Only other thing worth doing in the game is silverwastes or farming materials. I´d rather scratch out my eyes than do either of these two activites everydays for hours.

Shall those of us that are losing our enjoyment of the game because the economy is getting destroyed by cheaters hold the door for you?

I can't AB Multimap!

abaddon.3290

Shall those of us that are losing our enjoyment of the game because the economy is getting destroyed by cheaters hold the door for you?

so you lose enjoyment when people play something you dont enjoy? your enjoyment depends on others doing something they dont enjoy so you can be happy. selfish.

im bad at sarcasm