I can't buy the expansion

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: doody.7295

doody.7295

Good Morning everyone !!
well I’m trying to buy GW2 Expanion but the website ( Buy.Guildwars2.com ) keep telling me ( Payment Authorisation Failed ). I’m using MasterCard and yes my card still active and I double check my bank account and there is more than enough money to buy the Expansion ……

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Call your bank in the am

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Good Morning everyone !!
well I’m trying to buy GW2 Expanion but the website ( Buy.Guildwars2.com ) keep telling me ( Payment Authorisation Failed ). I’m using MasterCard and yes my card still active and I double check my bank account and there is more than enough money to buy the Expansion ……

I’d try a different payment method then, they do accept PayPal. If that doesn’t work, contact support and never try buying through a 3rd party.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: jasinai.6045

jasinai.6045

I have the same problem.
I contacted the support and they re-enabled one purchase attempt, but it didn’t work.
I tried to buy it with credit card and paypal today too, but I still couldn’t buy it.
Buying HoT through BLTC didn’t work either.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Call your bank in the am

Do this. And am I only one that found it funny this advice came from “Chase”?

Your bank could be declining the charge. It is also possible that whatever credit service Digital River uses is declining it (this can happen even if the funds are available).

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

Good Morning everyone !!

I’d try a different payment method then, they do accept PayPal. If that doesn’t work, contact support and never try buying through a 3rd party.

Given your spelling of “authorization”, I’m going to assume you’re foreign. (As in, not located in the States.)

Any time I’ve had to buy across national boundaries, I’ve had to use PayPal. So-called “naked” credit cards (meaning: cards that aren’t used in connection with a payment service like PayPal) tend to be rejected across borders.

Please note: Even if you attach the credit card to PayPal, it may require jumping through extra hoops like account verification. If you know what you’re doing and you’re comfortable with the notion, you can link a bank account directly to PayPal and this seems to work just fine – I was finally able to buy ship skins and such from Elite: Dangerous’ web store once I set up a PayPal with a bank account attached.

So, in my experience, here are your options:

1) Call the card issuer during business hours and see if they’ll lift international restrictions. (WARNING: THIS WILL MAKE YOUR CARD MORE ATTRACTIVE TO HACKERS. TRUST ME, THERE’S A GOOD REASON FOR THE CAPS HERE. DON’T DO THIS UNLESS a) YOUR BANK HAS A STRONG ANTI-FRAUD DEPARTMENT AND b) THE CARD YOU’RE USING DOESN’T HAVE A MASSIVE CREDIT LINE.)

2) Link a bank account to your PayPal account (presuming you have one – this is GENERALLY a safer method, but nothing is bulletproof.)

3) Preorder a copy of the game from a retailer that readily accepts payment options from your country. In order to get Elite: Dangerous as an American (before I set up a dedicated gaming account on PayPal, of course), I was forced to purchase through Steam.

If you’re good about your personal security, #2 is probably your best solution long-term. I’d advise having a separate bank account for it, though, so as to protect your finances to the best of your ability.

Good luck! -Sid

(EDIT: I noticed you also mentioned your bank balance. It sounds like you’re using a debit card and not a credit card – if that’s the case, don’t bother. Even if your bank lifted international restrictions, it’s incredibly unlikely your debit card will be accepted across international lines. If this is indeed the case, I advise option #2.)

(edited by Sidenti.6035)

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Or if you’re in Europe, buy a paysafecard ticket. It’s a ticket you can buy in many places, that you can use in one or several times and it has no cost for you as when you buy a 50 € ticket it is 50 € to spend.

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

Or if you’re in Europe, buy a paysafecard ticket. It’s a ticket you can buy in many places, that you can use in one or several times and it has no cost for you as when you buy a 50 € ticket it is 50 € to spend.

No idea if that will work with an American pay system. PayPal is almost certainly the best route to take for a Stateside purchase from overseas. -Sid

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I’m using MasterCard and yes my card still active and I double check my bank account and there is more than enough money to buy the Expansion ……

Uh, did you mean to say that you checked the actual credit limit/balance on your Mastercard? Because whatever amount of cash you have in the bank doesn’t have anything to do with whether a credit card transaction will go through. Your Mastercard doesn’t take money out of the bank when you buy things with it. It has its own separate balance that you have to pay off afterward. Just mentioning, because either you already knew this and I was just misunderstanding what you are trying to say, or you are in for a really nasty surprise…

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I bought with paypal, no complications.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I got mine from Amazon in the UK. It was £10 cheaper than buying directly from ANet. I had the same problem as OP, and got fed up of it now working. My bank told.me it was a problem there side with the transaction, as there where no problems there end.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

You know, making a pay pal in 10 min is way more simple then calling your bank and making a new credit card or lifting your restrictions and risking your account being hacked and whatnot. But that’s just me i guess