Increased Bleeding Stacks

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dhonti.5162

Dhonti.5162

Zerk is only direct damage meta, but condi like bleeds stacked with prolonged duration has same effect and kills only little slower. Try a Necro build around bleeds and bleedstacking. Has great survivability with right armor and causes loads of damage in a group.

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Why are people afraid that this will break in PvP when it will never get to 25 stacks much less above that?

Posted by: Gremlinsrus.5143

Gremlinsrus.5143

Hope this works out.. I still use my first character, a thief, and geared her to bleed, cripple, and poison. would be nice to keep up dps against the big bosses and selective target in mobs.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Why are people afraid that this will break in PvP when it will never get to 25 stacks much less above that?

well the only way would be to have epidemic necro’;s stack 25 bleeds , epidemic, then target next epidemic, eopidemic, epidemic, but interestingly enough I doubt anyone would live very long with 25 stacks, which is already easily obtainable, 50 would be insta kill: so above 50 is useless effort..

I really do not think it would break much, only S/S warrior wouldn’t overwrite it’s own stacks upon flurry… maybe achieving 30 stacks…for 2 seconds, maybe 4…

and IMHO it wouldnt’; break PvP but it would repair PvE, bigtime.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

well the only way would be to have epidemic necro’;s stack 25 bleeds , epidemic, then target next epidemic, eopidemic, epidemic, but interestingly enough I doubt anyone would live very long with 25 stacks, which is already easily obtainable, 50 would be insta kill: so above 50 is useless effort..

I really do not think it would break much, only S/S warrior wouldn’t overwrite it’s own stacks upon flurry… maybe achieving 30 stacks…for 2 seconds, maybe 4…

and IMHO it wouldnt’; break PvP but it would repair PvE, bigtime.

and just like when they did stab changes im sure they do something to epidemic so it wont be that insane, (like a cap to how many can actually be transfered, or maybe something more refined than that who knows)

Posted by: Abnaxis.4593

Abnaxis.4593

I have a few thoughts:

• Will the condi duration cap also be removed? I always assumed the cap on condi duration was related to the stack cap—performance reasons.
  • Can we get more gear to boost condi duration? I think it would be interesting if duration went the same way as crit damage—make a new stat that increases duration by x % per attribute similar to Ferocity
  • Could we move the condition proc on crit traits to major slots and increase the stacks generated by them? This would effectively “let conditions crit,” but it would have sucked if you did that with the cap in place.

Everyone keep saying condi builds only need to focus on 1 stat. That’s not even remotely true—condition duration, condition damage, and precision will all increase condi damage if a character optimized for condi damage, it’s just that we have a cap on one of them (duration), milquetoast ROI for another of them (proc on crit conditions from high precision all come from weak minor traits and lackluster sigils), and a cap on stacks (destroying effectiveness of condition damage in PvE). Plus, even if the engine-imposed restrictions weren’t there, there’s no condi version of zerker gear that boosts all three stats at the cost of defense.

Are there plans to fix any of the other issues, or are we just removing the stack cap (baby steps and all…)?

(edited by Abnaxis.4593)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just as an update we now know that:

Bleeding and confusion stack to at least 100
Burning and poison now stack intensity instead of duration
Numbers are still being tweaked

Hopefully there are some more changes coming as well. In particular I would like overall condition dps looked at. Currently conditions do an average of 3-4k dps while power based builds are doing 5-7k dps. (this is average, theoretical dps is higher for both)

Posted by: Andy Warhol.6250

Andy Warhol.6250

My big fat chunky charr sword warrior purrs in delight….

Posted by: the noobiniser.7465

the noobiniser.7465

Good start, now maybe you need to make sure the rest of pve is more balanced…

i’ll keep it short: add toughness (and maybe vit) to all the monsters in PVE.
This would decrease the dps from zerker builds but the condi dmg would stay the same…

Bosses last longer so they can do their mechanics and are more challenging + more even dps across different playstyles

Feedback is welcome!

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Hopefully this doesn’t translate to PVP or WvW, conditions are already quite powerful in those modes, but they do need help in PVE. in WvW it could be really bad.

A zerg of players stacks 100 bleeds on stonemist keep lord while the defenders are trying to hold it, and then necros just start casting epidemic.

Pretty much instant killing 5 people at a time.

And this would be bad because?

Those kinds of golden opportunities don’t come very often.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Gexim.3289

Gexim.3289

I have a few thoughts:

• Will the condi duration cap also be removed? I always assumed the cap on condi duration was related to the stack cap—performance reasons.
  • Can we get more gear to boost condi duration? I think it would be interesting if duration went the same way as crit damage—make a new stat that increases duration by x % per attribute similar to Ferocity

This. I’m thinking just the same. As I recently watched the necromancer core specializations trait changes stream. The new Lingering Curses trait will give us necromancers 100% condition increase. I hope they remove the condi duration cap aswell or this will render any other condition duration bonuses completely useless. If they plan to do so, we can easily reach 250% on bleed duration which would be awesome! Not to mention the changes that poison and burning will now stack in intensity…

Posted by: synfullydevine.3642

synfullydevine.3642

Could this be a breakaway from berserker only meta?

I sure hope so

Nope, even without caps crit damage based specs outperform condition specs, and will continue to do so until conditions can crit.

That’s what condition damage spec is for. Conditions will never crit. Less stacks doing more damagel

Posted by: Gexim.3289

Gexim.3289

Will the condition duration cap of 100% be removed too?

Posted by: pjblanchard.2358

pjblanchard.2358

TL;DR Instead of raising the cap stack, maybe 25 stacks per person?

I would like to briefly voice my opinion about the changes to damage conditions.
I am familiar with how Anet intends to set all DoT to a stacking system, with a large maximum stack count set to solve the problem of multiple condition damage players. However, I would like to suggest that there is instead a cap of 25 stacks per player. This is partially because 25 stacks of a condition seems to be more than enough for even a frail condition build. I leave any further reasoning in favor of and against this idea to other posters, as I likely will not be going on this thread very often, and I thank everyone that took the time to read this post for their respect of my opinion, even if they disagree.

Posted by: Lylien.3751

Lylien.3751

I am a little worried about the balance with conditions and survivability. Conditions applied in a group wreak havoc compared to zerkers. One only has so many ways of removing Condition and surviving while trying to deal damage to the other team. With vulnerability affecting conditions as well, retaliation should also work with conditions in returning damage to the one who applies the condition.

Posted by: Kiyo Reiryu.8703

Kiyo Reiryu.8703

Bleed stacks?! Kind of exciting.
Now dungeons and boss raids will be a bit easier. not to mention the assumed power spike it will have in PvP & WvWvW.

The only benefit I can see from this happening is that bleed would be a more viable damage stat. Whats fearful is that there are not many options for condition removal, meaning you’d be placed in a situation where your HP is dropping at an alarming rate with little response time.

Anvil Rock Server - Elementalist [Temptest]
PvE – PvP

Posted by: TheNotAFurry.7402

TheNotAFurry.7402

Harming Player Base Stacks will also go up with HoT =D

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

We’ll also be increasing the bleeding stacks on your wallets!

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Does this thread really need to be stickied after the broader announcement of the upcoming balance patch?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.