Information, and the lack thereof

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Does this mean that we will be getting more actual new informations…and less recaps of recaps of recaps? … ^^

Nope, it just means you are currently interested in what they just posted. Nothing they have done or said indicates that they are shifting away from their current press release schedule. This thread was started close to a month ago. If Anet was listening, they certainly didn’t seem to drop everything and give what the OP requested. This specialization post was coming sooner or later, and that day just happened to be yesterday.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You have to admit, though, that this is information that will affect everyone playing the game.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

So far, anyway, the changes to the trait system seem overall to be better than what is currently effective. I have a lot of characters with no traits essentially because I’m not going to spend that much gold on traits for multiple characters, nor am I going to chase events that many times.

With the new system, I can simply level and finish my maps for all the traits I need.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Apparently we are getting information about the first specialization next week (not Druid) according to the stream, so should be plenty of information coming over the next couple of weeks.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Apparently we are getting information about the first specialization next week (not Druid) according to the stream, so should be plenty of information coming over the next couple of weeks.

I expect it to be Elementalist, as they’ve got the traits closer to done for them than most, it seems. They let us know the name, and had to be careful to not show us anything more about it, which means there was something already in the UI to show.

If they keep them coming at one per week after this I will be VERY happy. Honestly, I’m happy now thanks to that huge information dump on Traits/Skills/Specializations.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: bigbobpataki.4796

bigbobpataki.4796

So we all happy now? Got a preview of every trait in HoT outside of elites, and the weekly elite specialization preview has begun.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So we all happy now? Got a preview of every trait in HoT outside of elites, and the weekly elite specialization preview has begun.

Yes. Including the information we got in the stream I have enough to rough out the new spec’s for all my characters, identify and report issues where any build-concepts I enjoy got tossed out with the bathwater, and generally scheme on how I want to set up gear with trait lines losing their stat contribution.

A good week indeed from my perspective. If they reveal the Guardian trait line next week it’ll be almost too much fun at once. But they’ll get to it at some point, so I’m content even on that front.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: McNinja.5417

McNinja.5417

Until it has actually started and I’m reading the post about it I am still not happy. I’m not angry at all, but I’m not happy.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

less info = less hype

Anet do things as slow as possible with max hype

Mostly because I am hype and want the expansion to come out,

I was really hyped about the expansion, but now with the hype going down, i’m starting to see more and more of the truth

And many others, so on:

This is exactly “why we can’t have nice things” – because the so-called community can’t take anything in a mature way.
- They don’t say anything – it’s bad.
- They say anything – it’s always not enough, people get excited like there’s no tomorrow for 2 days and then they start complaining about “hype trains crashing” and whatnot.
- They say everything – that’s obviously bad, because they’re then locked to any changes (and there certainly will be changes

If people would just sit and not go drama about every single word, both said and unsaid, they wouldn’t be so disappointed with every possible outcome. The word “hype” should go under the kitten-filter for people’s own safety – because they cut themselves with it like a razor.

That being said, few months of no content and no information is not good, maybe revealing it too early was a mistake, but what’s done is done, at least they’re not making things worse.

Ia ArenaNet a mature company that’s been around over a decade or a 6 week old baby we’re not supposed to speak loudly around?

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Awesome find, hope someone at ArenaNet bothers to read it and pass it along.