Instanced Raids Confirmed [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Just revealed on the twitch stream at PAX
Interested in the “legendary rewards” that was revealed on the trailers

hype is real boys.

no attunement so raids will be available to anyone and everyone immediately , 10 man group, go in and give it a shot.

Mastery will tie into raid progression and dynamic event system.

Also confirmed there will be more raids added in the future as well as fractals.

thoughts?

EDIT;

LEGENDARY ARMOR CONFIRMED ON THE HOT WEBSITE!!

copy pasta below

As part of rewards for raids, we’re introducing legendary armor. Conquering raid content will earn you the pieces to build legendary precursor armors, which can be forged into legendary heavy, medium, and light armor sets. Like legendary weapons, these pieces will have the same stats as ascended armor; you’ll be able to change the armor stats out of combat and dazzle your friends with your sense of style, but you won’t have a statistical edge. Endless tiers of gear grind to stay raid relevant have no place in Guild Wars 2.

More information: http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/raids/

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ForeverAway.5948

ForeverAway.5948

we have dungeon and fractals alredy and there too hard and create the zerkermeta

pls no more it will ruin the game for me. More zerkmeta wont be beter

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

dungeons and fractals aren’t challenging though…

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

No more easy content, we have open world, teq, story instances, dungeons, fractals, hearts, dynamic events, and the entire game which provides no challenge at all.

Please no more trivial content it will ruin the game for me. More casual stack and spam 1 meta won’t be better.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

One of the nice things about GW2 is if you don’t like some of the content you don’t have to do it. I’ve barely touched PvP and I know people who have never been in a dungeon.

So if you don’t like whatever the challenging group content is you can ignore it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya dungeon/fractal created the zerk meta because they are too hard. That’s someone that know how the game work

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Ya dungeon/fractal created the zerk meta because they are too hard. That’s someone that know how the game work

But there is a valid concern in there. How hard do they make it? There game is already unbalanced how long before it so hard, or only the top DPS can do it? How long before it becomes extremely elitist?

Games with a trinity had an easier time balancing because each class had a specific roll to fulfill, it had direction and in my experience no one class couldn’t turn up. In our current dungeons “the easy one” our sPvP and WvW experiences we currently have the meta and the rest and even in some cases the unwanted (those kicked, rejected and in some cases abused).

The reason I’m apprehensive when it comes to harder content is some classes already lag behind, making it harder for the top makes it impossible for the bottom, at which point it may seem “valid” to cast aside those classes.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I expect CGC to actually end the zerker meta- I hope they will make other play styles important. And (in my opinion) dungeons and fractals (even level 50) are really not that hard, they are more something that is only challenging until you know what to do, then after that you can do them without paying attention. What CGC (almost guaranteed to be raids) will be is something that hopefully never loses its difficulty, like liadri as an example- it doesn’t matter how many time you do that fight, it never gets easy and CGC should be just as difficult, only in a group setting.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

As I see it most of the game provides no challenge due to the way it is played. Once upon a time when the world was new it was challenging then players learned where to stand and what buttons to push and it became trivial. ANet didn’t help their cause by nerfing some bosses out of the game (fire shaman). I am not saying some content didn’t need adjusting (fire ele) but even now the originals would be a much easier fight due to what we have learned over the years.

What I believe is needed is a new AI world wide to provide more of a challenge. If the bosses performed more like an intelligent beings, calling on reinforcements etc. and less like fodder for the lootz we would see a much larger challenge for those that want that. Also with a new AI it could be tuned to allow “stupid enemies” in some areas similar to the ones we have now for those that want a more relaxed environment, thus catering to everyone.

The problem with the berserker meta as I see it is that everyone has learned all to well where to stand and what to dodge, so wearing anything other than full glass is a time waster. With a new AI in place having an enemy attack more often, move out of the way of attacks, or just plain attacking from range would make other armors more wanted.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I expect CGC to actually end the zerker meta- I hope they will make other play styles important. And (in my opinion) dungeons and fractals (even level 50) are really not that hard, they are more something that is only challenging until you know what to do, then after that you can do them without paying attention. What CGC (almost guaranteed to be raids) will be is something that hopefully never loses its difficulty, like liadri as an example- it doesn’t matter how many time you do that fight, it never gets easy and CGC should be just as difficult, only in a group setting.

There is another way to keep difficulty up at all times. Make CGC maps huge enough with varied objectives that can be done in any order and not just a series of encounters in a straight line. That way, once the content becomes “easy” for some groups, they will simply split up and take on different tasks at the same time.

An example is always great, so look at it like this:
Imagine a huge map with 5 big bosses on 5 remote places that need to be defeated in order to clear the map and get the final reward. The team (of 5) can either go and defeat them one by one as a team (easier) or alternatively they can split and each one takes on a different boss solo (harder). So there is still incentive to get better, even once you master each individual boss, split so the dungeon finishes faster.

Either move as a full team and tackle encounters one by one, or, if you want to specialize your build, take them solo, or split in small teams 2-2-1, or any other such thing that will keep the content difficult and relevant for a very long time, regardless of how hard it actually is.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

we have dungeon and fractals alredy and there too hard and create the zerkermeta

Dude, that’s a really selfish thing to say. “No one else is allowed to have content unless I personally enjoy that content.” No one’s going to be holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play it!

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

There is another way to keep difficulty up at all times. Make CGC maps huge enough with varied objectives that can be done in any order and not just a series of encounters in a straight line. That way, once the content becomes “easy” for some groups, they will simply split up and take on different tasks at the same time.

An example is always great, so look at it like this:
Imagine a huge map with 5 big bosses on 5 remote places that need to be defeated in order to clear the map and get the final reward. The team (of 5) can either go and defeat them one by one as a team (easier) or alternatively they can split and each one takes on a different boss solo (harder). So there is still incentive to get better, even once you master each individual boss, split so the dungeon finishes faster.

Either move as a full team and tackle encounters one by one, or, if you want to specialize your build, take them solo, or split in small teams 2-2-1, or any other such thing that will keep the content difficult and relevant for a very long time, regardless of how hard it actually is.

Interesting but you need to consider Might, Fury, Quickness, Vuln uptimes and CC availability when you have multiple people at the same boss (more people tend to kill faster than just adding their individual dpses together).

I do like the idea of taking on multiple bosses at the same time though, possibly with interacting elements – such as giving each other abilities when not in combat so you’d maybe need to choose which bosses to keep in combat to weaken the others.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

My issue is that given anet are cutting down the time required to do Fractals on their reasons of “Not all players have the time to do a Fractal” how is this going to translate to the CGC in the months to come?

As soon as it is released people will complain if it’s too long and it will be made easier (as always happens) If it is too hard for some, it will become easier for all. We’re at the point where the percentage that find it too hard/long dictate that it should be easier so they can get the rewards for the harder content.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No matter the content, it won’t be challenging enough for someone. Unless you expect the content to be made for Usain Bolts of GW2? It would be a really empty part of the game…

Besides, no matter how hard it is, it will eventually get nerfed so that a large part of population will be able to run it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

“we have dungeon and fractals alredy and there too hard”

Lol, dungeons and fractals too hard? Lets take a look. SE p1, first boss, reflects/stability. Second boss, reflects. 3rd boss, guess what, reflects and stability and condi removal. only on the 4th boss do you maybe have to use the dodge button. How is that even close to challenging?

“and create the zerkermeta”

And what exactly is the problem with zerker meta? In every single MMO out there is a most efficient way to do things, and in gw2 its just using zerker gear for your armor instead of something else.

“pls no more it will ruin the game for me”

Something potentially challenging is finally coming out after 2 years of just total poop being given to dungeons/fractals and your complaining? We get this ONE thing after TWO years of poop. Guess what, you don’t have to play it. You can just totally ignore it and have fun with the rest of the game which is dead easy and which gets updates 1000x more often.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Posted by: Kormeg.2469

Kormeg.2469

No matter the content, it won’t be challenging enough for someone. Unless you expect the content to be made for Usain Bolts of GW2? It would be a really empty part of the game…

Besides, no matter how hard it is, it will eventually get nerfed so that a large part of population will be able to run it.

Wooden potatoes had a great idea I think for allowing players to set their own difficulty. A ‘skulls’ system borrowed from Halo i think, where different challenges can be activated in instances to increase challenge and reward per skull activated.

I think that’s in the realm of great compromise.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

My issue is that given anet are cutting down the time required to do Fractals on their reasons of “Not all players have the time to do a Fractal” how is this going to translate to the CGC in the months to come?

As soon as it is released people will complain if it’s too long and it will be made easier (as always happens) If it is too hard for some, it will become easier for all. We’re at the point where the percentage that find it too hard/long dictate that it should be easier so they can get the rewards for the harder content.

Are you considering that they are reducing the time taken for Fractals to allow them to make CGC longer and so people don’t complain “I don’t have time to do Fractals or CGC :*(”

Large machine, many moving parts – consider how they work together instead of thinking 1 thing you don’t like will badly influence something else.

Astralporing.1957

Are you considering that they are reducing the time taken for Fractals to allow them to make CGC longer and so people don’t complain “I don’t have time to do Fractals or CGC :*(”

No, i did consider however that they might be making Fractals easier so that the new content may be harder than Fractals (as asked by some players), but at the same time not really that much harder.

Actions, not words.

Arietta The Broken.1875

I have considered that, but the idea of Hard Mode has been completely swept aside from Anet in the past in favour of catering for everyone.
So yes it is true that this is the most likely outcome, them making time so people can run both the short fractals and the longer CGC, it doesn’t mean that people aren’t going to complain that whatever the CGC is, is too hard or too long.

And given the nature of the game so far, and given what we have seen in the past (bosses being nerfed, instances being nerfed) the chances are we will see any CGC released be made considerably easier due to people finding it too difficult.

I mean I’ve played with people that really struggle in the open world let alone instances. The idea of Fractals is wayyy too difficult for them. These people complain things are too hard. Now while my response to that is “then the content isn’t for you”. That isn’t a good response from Anet. Their response would be, “it’s okay we’ll make it easier so you and all your friends can enjoy our CGC!”

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

I have considered that, but the idea of Hard Mode has been completely swept aside from Anet in the past in favour of catering for everyone.
So yes it is true that this is the most likely outcome, them making time so people can run both the short fractals and the longer CGC, it doesn’t mean that people aren’t going to complain that whatever the CGC is, is too hard or too long.

And given the nature of the game so far, and given what we have seen in the past (bosses being nerfed, instances being nerfed) the chances are we will see any CGC released be made considerably easier due to people finding it too difficult.

I mean I’ve played with people that really struggle in the open world let alone instances. The idea of Fractals is wayyy too difficult for them. These people complain things are too hard. Now while my response to that is “then the content isn’t for you”. That isn’t a good response from Anet.

if people struggle with the easiest content in the game and are not willing to improve, then they should be looking for a single player game with a difficulty slider.

Their response would be, “it’s okay we’ll make it easier so you and all your friends can enjoy our CGC!”

thats the worst response ever. challenging group content. CHALLENGING. do you realize what that means? it means no easy mode, no win on the first try, improve teamplay and your individual skills to get it done. it means some players will fail forever if they are not willing to put in the effort and get better at the game.

anet doesnt have to dumb down every little piece of content so learn resistant people or lazy people can get it done. the core game is easy and there is more easy content coming with HoT, there will be more than enough content for those people.

and apart from that, the response you described is exactly what anet has done in the past and its one of the major reasons why this game became so stale and boring.

[qT] Quantify

Astralporing.1957

thats the worst response ever. challenging group content. CHALLENGING. do you realize what that means? it means no easy mode, no win on the first try, improve teamplay and your individual skills to get it done. it means some players will fail forever if they are not willing to put in the effort and get better at the game.

The problem is, that’s what the dungeons (and fractals) are currently for the vast majority of the players. When you ask about challenging content, you don’t really ask for it. You ask for a content that will be challenging specifically for you and those around your skill level.
That’s why, no matter how hard the future raids will be, they willl end up disappointing most of the people. For some they will be too hard, for others they will still be too easy. So, in the end, they will be tuned down so that the range of people for whom they will be fine will be the greatest.

Actions, not words.

ForeverAway.5948

Lol, dungeons and fractals too hard? Lets take a look. SE p1, first boss, reflects/stability. Second boss, reflects. 3rd boss, guess what, reflects and stability and condi removal. only on the 4th boss do you maybe have to use the dodge button. How is that even close to challenging?

And what exactly is the problem with zerker meta? In every single MMO out there is a most efficient way to do things, and in gw2 its just using zerker gear for your armor instead of something else.

Something potentially challenging is finally coming out after 2 years of just total poop being given to dungeons/fractals and your complaining? We get this ONE thing after TWO years of poop. Guess what, you don’t have to play it. You can just totally ignore it and have fun with the rest of the game which is dead easy and which gets updates 1000x more often.

mo zerker mo problems lol :P (>*_*)>

u know what i meen

Arietta The Broken.1875

I am perfectly aware of what Challenging Group Content means to you and me. But you’re assuming your opinion of challenging is reflected by the content that Anet considers challenging.

Given they are apparently not in tune of how long a single Fractal should take, unsure of how long it takes a player to reach level 80. I am slightly concerned they are are similarly unsure of what challenging content is.

I strongly hope that they prove me wrong. I really do. But so far there has been nothing to suggest that the challenging group content provided will be any more difficult (if even that difficult at all) than a high level Fractal, which a lot of us consider to not be challenging content any more.

NoTrigger.8396

The problem is, that’s what the dungeons (and fractals) are currently for the vast majority of the players.

would like to see your statistics and metrics please.

apart from that the amount of bad players (and by bad i mean bad) who are able to complete dungeons and fractals, even solo, says something different.

So, in the end, they will be tuned down so that the range of people for whom they will be fine will be the greatest.

if that is the case then you can call the cgc a failure.

[qT] Quantify

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m all for challenge, but if ANet turns GW2 into Wild Star, it will become as barren as Wild Star; not talking open world PvP as that is another topic. I actually like to see players in the open world, and if that means 90% of them are casual at least they are in attendance and thus are customers.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

The problem is, that’s what the dungeons (and fractals) are currently for the vast majority of the players. When you ask about challenging content, you don’t really ask for it. You ask for a content that will be challenging specifically for you and those around your skill level.
That’s why, no matter how hard the future raids will be, they willl end up disappointing most of the people. For some they will be too hard, for others they will still be too easy. So, in the end, they will be tuned down so that the range of people for whom they will be fine will be the greatest.

If dungeons and fractals are challenging for the vast majority of the players, how come I can read about filthy zerkers all the time? If even pugs have smooth runs with zerker gear then dungeons and fractals are definitely not challenging enough.

Also, source? Or just “muh feeling”?

NoTrigger.8396

I’m all for challenge, but if ANet turns GW2 into Wild Star, it will become as barren as Wild Star; not talking open world PvP as that is another topic. I actually like to see players in the open world, and if that means 90% of them are casual at least they are in attendance and thus are customers.

wildstar didnt lose players because of the raids. wildstars PvE content is probably the best on MMO market atm. the game had and still has alot of other issues that led to players leaving the game.

[qT] Quantify

Astralporing.1957

The problem is, that’s what the dungeons (and fractals) are currently for the vast majority of the players.

apart from that the amount of bad players (and by bad i mean bad) who are able to complete dungeons and fractals, even solo, says something different.

No, it doesn’t. It just means that the rest of the players are even worse. And they are.
The very fact that there are people that can succesfully sell AC p3 runs tells us there are people for whom this path is just too hard. And, seriously, it’s AC p3. If it’s hard enough that people are willing to pay for it, what does that say about other dungeons?

wildstar didnt lose players because of the raids.

Maybe, but it was wildstar devs themselves that said that one of their biggest mistakes was overestimating how really people felt about raids. They didn’t announce they will be switching more towards casual/singleplayer for no reason.

Also, yes, wildstar did have many other problems, but it was also built on an assumption that a game population can be based on mostly hardcore players. That turned out to be vastly untrue – there was just not enough of those to sustain the game.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

NoTrigger.8396

No, it doesn’t. It just means that the rest of the players are even worse. And they are.

are you a developer at anet or where do you get that secret and 100% correct information from?

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Or, HOLD YOUR BUTT, 2 difficulties. And I’m not talking about that mess which fractals are with stupid agony resistance.

Normal and Hard. Normal can be Vinewrath/Tequatle and is open world. Hard can be Triple Trouble and harder and is instanced.

Hard gives 3x “more” loot than Normal.

There, nubs can do it and can get eveything. Pros can do it too and get everything faster.

Tommyknocker.6089

wildstar didnt lose players because of the raids. wildstars PvE content is probably the best on MMO market atm. the game had and still has alot of other issues that led to players leaving the game.

Not doubting you here, it could very well be the pinnacle of achievement in a modern age MMO. What I am saying is that according to posts like these there are still many casuals that prefer to have a more relaxed experience.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Did you just call Dungeons and Fractals hard? The only reason the zerker meta exists is because those things are so easy that you don’t need defensive stats.

NoTrigger.8396

What I am saying is that according to posts like these there are still many casuals that prefer to have a more relaxed experience.

and i agree. but what is the intention behind challenging group content? a) is it to make people happy who dont want a challenge and cant be bothered to step up their game, or b) is it to make players who want challenge and difficulty happy?

its pretty clear that b) is the case and i dont get why people feel forced and cry when nobody will force them to play the cgc. its not like the mindless open world farming will go away.

[qT] Quantify

Neox.3497

Like having 5 fps on the lowers settings and 1280×720 on a system that could play GW2 on mid settings and 1920×1080.

Arietta The Broken.1875

I think most people are in agreement here that we want the challenging group content to be a challenge.

I don’t think anyone replying to this topic is stating otherwise. However I think most of us are sceptical that the challenge part of the CGC won’t actually be challenging, due to the way the game caters to the casual gamer.

Tommyknocker.6089

What I am saying is that according to posts like these there are still many casuals that prefer to have a more relaxed experience.

and i agree. but what is the intention behind challenging group content? a) is it to make people happy who dont want a challenge and cant be bothered to step up their game, or b) is it to make players who want challenge and difficulty happy?

Until it is released later today, we are only guessing at this point. I would like to know the metrics on triple trouble though, as most of the players I have asked (and the LFG tool) seems to say it is not done very often. I am hoping that all the new challenging content is instanced though (with a much better AI) even if it does separate the population a little.

Astralporing.1957

However I think most of us are sceptical that the challenge part of the CGC won’t actually be challenging, due to the way the game caters to the casual gamer.

Oh, don’t worry. It will be challenging. Just not necessarily to you.

Actions, not words.

Arietta The Broken.1875

and that is exactly the problem.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I just hope their idea of new challenging content is not just more superinflated mobs with instant unblockable 1 shot mechanics that are immune to CC.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Astralporing.1957

and that is exactly the problem.

I’m not sure this problem is even avoidable. After all, there is more than just two skill levels in the game (casual and hardcore). What you will be satisfied with will almost certainly be too easy for someone else. And they will then come to the forums and ask anet to “stop with the casual content like dungeons, fractals and raids”. The only difference will be that it will be you be saying that it’s not that easy as other claim.

Actions, not words.

NoTrigger.8396

you are going to be surprised.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

In any MMO there is gonna be meta’s that come around.

Over time people will learn the content and be able to speed run it, it’s just a fact of gaming. AC when it first came out was kinda tough, now? People can solo it(not nessecarily incredibly skilled players either).

Wait and see, I’d love more content like Dungeons or Fracs but harder.

You can only run around and get vistas/POI’s so long til it gets boring.

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Astralporing.1957

you are going to be surprised.

Oh, it sure as kitten won’t be challenging enough to someone.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

mo zerker mo problems lol :P (>_)>

u know what i meen

I don’t understand what your trying to say. What do you mean by mo? And no I don’t know what you mean. Could you rephrase it?

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Neox.3497

However I think most of us are sceptical that the challenge part of the CGC won’t actually be challenging, due to the way the game caters to the casual gamer.

That’s b**ls**t.

They announced it as a new feature. But if it just as challenging like the old content there is nothing new.

/Edit: Wrong quote.

(edited by Neox.3497)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No more content, please! Some players think there’s too much easy content already. Some think there’s too much challenging content. So let’s satisfy both groups by not adding any content at all to the game.

Or maybe realize that the game is designed to appeal to millions of people and that only some aspects of it will appeal to any specific person.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As much as I hope that ANet makes challenging content where the challenge of it will have longevity, I’m not hopeful they will succeed. There is too big of a skill gap between the highly skilled and the average player, and on the bell curve skill continuum, average players and below, by definition, outnumber the highly skilled. There’s also the practice effect, which tends to trivialize content over time. There was a time, after all, when some of the explorable dungeons were hard.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

there too hard

They’re not hard enough.

create the zerkermeta

Zerker meta exists due to player familiarity and easy content in general.

More zerkmeta wont be beter

(Citation needed)

pls no more it will ruin the game for me

So get better.

ForeverAway.5948

mo zerker mo problems lol :P (>_)>

u know what i meen

I don’t understand what your trying to say. What do you mean by mo? And no I don’t know what you mean. Could you rephrase it?

mo’ = more

zerkmeta is bad and thats all i know

no more zerkmeta dungons pls

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Zergburger OP report’n’nerf pl0x