Just finished the DS Meta and...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Thamriyell.5490

Thamriyell.5490

Its been some months now, but SPOILER WARNING AHEAD OF TIME! PLEASE DON’T READ IF YOU HAVEN’T DONE DRAGON STAND META EVENT YET!

As much as I heavily disliked Warlords of Draenor, WoW’s recent expansion, I at least had apexis dailies.

But in all seriousness, and let’s be real here, DS was completely undersold and was underwhelming. I am not talking about anything that had to do before the final encounter (Which I gotta say was tedious, annoying, confusing clutter of things that hurt and down you unless you are dodging every second or using a healing/defensive every other cooldown), but after putting in a lot of work into the whole final battle, I get…the picture that is attached with the post.

To clear up the picture, its Mordremoth’s head impaled on a sharp tree part and has tar-like goo oozing out of him. He planted himself there, as if mounting himself for the heroes to take screenshots with after about 40 minutes of getting light burns and boo-boo’s all over his face. Some parts of his face are scarred, but I guess the sheer pain was plenty enough for him to just finish the job for us. Good Guy Mordy.

Seriously though, that’s it? Like, legit, please be real with me here, that is it??? there is no part 2 or 3 to this that continues in the raids? Done?? Mordy is dead and we can go home full of green and blue loot after taking a screenshot with Mordy’s self-mounted head? I am sorry, but Sha of Anger fight was more interesting than that last fight during DS and that actually required coordination at its prime from all members, tanks, healers, and DPS alike. It even rewarded people with gear that was worth the grueling effort it took to do. (By prime, I don’t mean doing Shas at level 100 or overgeared level 90, I mean when it was first out and it actually took people 2 full raid groups to take it down and get the mechanics fully figured out, prime of its time).

I was going to completely ignore any issues I had at all with the game regarding its maps, events, metas, specializations, changes to mesmer, mobs in HoT, and even Dungeon Nerfs if this final part of the epic journey was going to be the cream of the crop here. I was so happy and excited that we will take on the Elder Dragon and battle someone who was revered as the ultimate bad guy in the game, I was so looking forward to it. I just didn’t expect Mordy to be a kind gentleman and mount himself for us on a sharp tree part perfectly placed to take screenshots with. I got to learn that Mordy never was a big mean bad dragon dude that everyone always said he was. He gave us difficult adds for full-time GW2 players to finally feel their blood pumping from evading extra attacks and raise their hand circulation, gave us raids for those that care, made us learn the tedious wonders that are Masteries, and even rewards us with nice Greens, Blues, and Rares (on top of bags of bags of bags of Green and Blue loot and crafting material) as well as showing us his best modeling “spike through the skull” look he practiced for who knows how long.

tl;dr

Did DS. Felt confused. Realized what happened. Felt numb. Cried a bit and then closed the game. Wrote this post to cheer myself up while I practice writing pseudo-fan-fiction about Good Guy Mordy. Hope someone actually gets what I did and gets a chuckle out of it. Prob won’t do DS ever again.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Play personal story and you will get why he died.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Pretty much what Mortifer said. The personal story and the zone itself are linked and playing one without the other doesn’t give you the full picture.

That said, many people love the modremoth fight. Crashing bugs aside, this is really popular content. Maybe you have to do it a couple of times to understand what’s going on, or maybe you just don’t like it, but I don’t believe you’re in a huge majority there. That’s a fun fight.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Did DS. Felt confused. Realized what happened. Felt numb. Cried a bit and then closed the game. Wrote this post to cheer myself up while I practice writing pseudo-fan-fiction about Good Guy Mordy. Hope someone actually gets what I did and gets a chuckle out of it. Prob won’t do DS ever again.

Thanks for reading.

Good luck with that fan fic! lol When I finished the personal story, I was disappointed. I wanted to contact the HISHE people and told them to fix it. lol Anyway, you got good advice. The personal story’s final instance fills in the rest of the details, which I won’t mention so as not to spoil you, but for me, it really didn’t help. I still thought the whole thing was very unsatisfying. Maybe you’ll love it, though.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

That said, many people love the modremoth fight. Crashing bugs aside, this is really popular content. Maybe you have to do it a couple of times to understand what’s going on, or maybe you just don’t like it, but I don’t believe you’re in a huge majority there. That’s a fun fight.

Really? How many? Can you cite a source for this “huge majority?” Because I’ve seen nothing but complaints about it here. So if you have other information, please share.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

The majority of players don’t even come on the forums. If you want to see how popular it is, try LFG few minutes before new map is about to start. DS is very popular!

Posted by: Aeris.4209

Aeris.4209

There was a third phase to the fight that ended up being cut to time constraints. Thus the sudden ending, and the awkward scene transition that makes you go “here we go here we go here we..ohnevermindIguesshediedthen”.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Might just be me, but DS is very easy to play through, as for popping cool downs every time, we must be playing different games, or you like to stand in things that get you killed.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

My favourite of the new maps. You pick a lane and follow the NPCs, not very complicated. Yes you get hit, the red circle under you means move, the target over your head means move, you don’t even need to dodge just move.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Really? How many? Can you cite a source for this “huge majority?” Because I’ve seen nothing but complaints about it here. So if you have other information, please share.

The ‘huge majority’ left the game to play something else. But I don’t have a source to back that up either. Just experience, reviews, forum posts, complaints from other sources, avid fans like Wooden Potatoes saying they’re about ready to leave or have left, a cliff drop in views with live web events, empty maps, empty guilds, empty friends lists, and the CEO saying they’re going in another direction to the point where they’ve dropped legendaries to focus on Living World and expansion content.

Just that. But I don’t have a source either. I’m sure the ‘huge majority’ is just in love with the direction the game is going.

Aren’t you?

Gone to Reddit.

DaShi.1368

The huge majority is doing whatever I say they do!!! And liking it!

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

SPOILER.

Mordremoth get’s killed in the personal story instance.
What we fight in DS is the Mouth of Mordremoth.
The way I understand it,it drops it’s head on the spike after
it tries to escape up the tree in it’s final moments before it dies.
It’s out of strength and as it dies the head is impaled.
And you played a multi phase open raid for the first time and didn’t
get the mechanics.
Not your fault,and not the game’s fault.
It’s how it’s supposed to be.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Aeonaos expains it better than I could, but I agree with the OP that it feels a little lackluster. I don’t mind the impaling, I just think the actual fight has way too much downtime due to the need for players to move between platforms (also, way too many flower killing phases). Considering how frantic the blighting towers can be, the MoM fight seems downright leisurely, which makes the sudden ending feel very “so that happened.”

Vayne.8563

Which part of “I don’t believe” are you having issues with? My beliefs aren’t sourced. That’s why they’re beliefs. Is it against forum rules to express belief now, because I hadn’t actually heard that.

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

We aren’t actually fighting Mordy in the DS map persay. This is the explanation from the Wiki of how the Mouth keeps coming back.

“Though its physical body could be destroyed, due to its power of minds and connection to the Dream, Mordremoth would be able to regrow its body from its corruption, effectively making the Mouth of Mordremoth immortal so long as any of its corruption remained in the world.”

DaShi.1368

Which part of “I don’t believe” are you having issues with? My beliefs aren’t sourced. That’s why they’re beliefs. Is it against forum rules to express belief now, because I hadn’t actually heard that.

The part where you said “many people love” and “popular content” first. This indicated that your “belief” was based on some kind of facts. I was just hoping that you would share them. But now we know the truth.

Vayne.8563

The part where you said “many people love” and “popular content” first. This indicated that your “belief” was based on some kind of facts. I was just hoping that you would share them. But now we know the truth.

Well the word many means a large number of. Now I’ve spoken personally with 20 people who love the mordremoth fight, and they’re all in my guild. Now I’d go on record as saying everyone who loves the fight probably isn’t in my guild, my guild only having a couple of hundred people, If 10% play love the fight that would be many peoiple because it would be at last thousands. I’d consider thousand many. But you know this is just you trying to prove me wrong. Many doesn’t imply most btw. But I do know a lot of people like this fight. We’ve even seen more than a few posts with people who enjoyed it, and in those posts other people have said they’ve enjoyed it, so I can assume many people like it. Aside from crashing, I’ve certainly seen more people praise then fight than complain about it.

It’s popular content, because I see people calling it out in guild all the time. Hey DS is coming up, we got a map, come join me. That makes it popular.

I see this with fractals, but I don’t see this so much with TD or AB, or VB metas, or even the Silverwastes.

But yes, from posts that I’ve seen, far more positive than negative (aside from the crashing as I said) I’d be happy to make the assumption.

But as far as a majority goes, that’s just my belief.

DaShi.1368

I hear and see the opposite. Although, it would be disingenuous of me to promote my experiences as the majority and state them as facts. Who could trust me after that?

I don’t know the exact numbers. Do you? Or should we make our decisions based on your beliefs?

(edited by DaShi.1368)

Celtic Lady.3729

but I don’t see this so much with TD or AB, or VB metas, or even the Silverwastes.

My experience has been the exact opposite. I’ve seen a lot of taxis for these three maps, but I’m having trouble lately finding very many DS taxis. It’s been kind of frustrating, actually. Wouldn’t you know that when I need to accumulate crystalline ores, the number of DS taxis seems to have dropped, at least when I play.

Batelle.1680

My experience has been the exact opposite. I’ve seen a lot of taxis for these three maps, but I’m having trouble lately finding very many DS taxis. It’s been kind of frustrating, actually. Wouldn’t you know that when I need to accumulate crystalline ores, the number of DS taxis seems to have dropped, at least when I play.

DS has been gotten the worst of the SAB siphoning that has hit all of the meta event maps, probably because it’s such a time commitment.

However, even before SAB I’m pretty sure there was only one map at a time and if you didn’t get in a few minutes after reset you were SOL. I play off hours (US late nights/early mornings) and now I see taxis until about twenty minutes in.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

It is SO much better than the Zhaitain fight and you can;t really complain if you didn’t bother finishing the main story.

In contrast to the op, I did DS about 3 times over the weekend having ignored it somewhat since the launch, mainly because I disliked how much of the map is sectioned off unless events are done.

I found it fun and now I finally unlocked my max gliding so, looking forward to trying that out.

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I think Vayne got his source from the same place people get their numbers for “a majority of people are leaving”, “HoT has disappointed a large portion of the community”, and other post claiming that large portions of the community are disappointed/frustrated with something.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Or we could just read the front page of this forum, but who am I to argue semantics?

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s pretty clear that HOT was rather a let down, content and financially. Compared to FFXIV Heavensward which helped to increase the popluation (and we talk here about a subscription based game), HOT managed to decline the population.

That said: I was very disappointed how underwhelming the story was driven. Yes you kill mordy in personal story, but it’s really the same feeling you had: that’s it? Well then, I went on, expecting to get more information and a real encounter via living story… nope. 6 months in, nothing…

They really need to put out content, it’s an MMO kitten . You just can’t release a merely 4 maps, ask for 50€ and leave the game without any significant update (Raid was great tho).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Vayne.8563

I hear and see the opposite. Although, it would be disingenuous of me to promote my experiences as the majority and state them as facts. Who could trust me after that?

I don’t know the exact numbers. Do you? Or should we make our decisions based on your beliefs?

People will make their decisions based on their experience. I’ll continue to express my beliefs. If you have a problem with what I’m saying feel free to report it to the moderation team.

But I still maintain it is my belief that a lot of people (not necessarily most) like the DS meta.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Every time I get into DS meta through the LFG there is a lot of people doing it. Only ONCE I have seen one of such maps fail.

I don’t know if they truly like it, if they hate it but are masochists, if they are there only for the rewards, or if they are like me (Find it really fun, but don’t like to repeat it too often).

So:
Many people “love it” → Don’t know.
Many people “hate it” → Don’t know.
Many people do it → Oh, yes.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Celtic Lady.3729

Every time I get into DS meta through the LFG there is a lot of people doing it. Only ONCE I have seen one of such maps fail.

I don’t know if they truly like it, if they hate it but are masochists, if they are there only for the rewards, or if they are like me (Find it really fun, but don’t like to repeat it too often).

So:
Many people “love it” -> Don’t know.
Many people “hate it” -> Don’t know.
Many people do it -> Oh, yes.

You make a good point. lol Doing something regularly doesn’t necessarily equate enjoyment or appreciation. Even in gaming. I do my laundry, but I hate it. I ran all of the HoT zones long after the appeal had died because I was gathering items I wanted that involved a specific currency. I’m running DS regularly now, but I don’t really enjoy it. I just want some items that cost crystalline ore. When I’m done getting those, I doubt I’ll be back. I know that I’m not the only player this is true for.

So, yeah, it is really hard to judge love it/hate it since there are other motivations for doing the maps than “Oh, I just love repeating this so much!” lol

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I personally like it. It’s like an alternative Silverwastes. But to each his own.

NSPride <3

ImTasty.2163

Or we could just read the front page of this forum, but who am I to argue semantics?

If we were to go by the contents on the front page as a measure of approval/disapproval then this game has been disappointing the community since the betas back in 2012, but who am I to argue semantics?

Ardenwolfe.8590

I think Vayne got his source from the same place people get their numbers for “a majority of people are leaving”, “HoT has disappointed a large portion of the community”, and other post claiming that large portions of the community are disappointed/frustrated with something.

You can’t have it both ways, you know. But, since you don’t like current opinion on the forums as proof, I can provide reviews, YouTube videos, and other media with our former peers’ reasonings for leaving to play something else if you like?

That said, not too many MMOs go free-to-play when they’re bursting with population, sales and success either.

Just saying.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

So:
Many people “love it” -> Don’t know.
Many people “hate it” -> Don’t know.
Many people do it -> Oh, yes.

Its called hoping for good loot drops, love or hate it all boils down to the loot.

ImTasty.2163

You can’t have it both ways, you know. But, since you don’t like current opinion on the forums as proof, I can provide reviews, YouTube videos, and other media with our former peers’ reasonings for leaving to play something else if you like?

That said, not too many MMOs go free-to-play when they’re bursting with population, sales and success either.

Just saying.

Oh you mean reviews like this
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns

or this
http://www.tentonhammer.com/articles/guild-wars-2-review

or youtube videos like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u86rFkmmUwk

with all of those links being majority positive with some negative.

I can continue to provide more links but I think this is sufficient. While I more inclined to believe reviews done by big name companies, youtubers mean nothing to me because you can find videos of people either praising or bashing the game, just depends on where you look. As for our “peers” reasons for leaving, well lets just say after the claims were made that Wildstar was going to kill this game, I’ve stopped listening to our “peers” as a form of reasonable opinion. And don’t get me started on our “peers” reading comprehension.

Also many MMOs that go free to play are followed by both an increase and stabilization of the population which is never a bad thing. Even the gw2 pop went up after it went free to play.

Just saying.

Posted by: Rindviech.5041

Rindviech.5041

Mordremoth mouth is for me the best Boss, ever(till now).

It is epic to fight a giant serpent

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

A little late to the party, but the majority of players don’t need to cry about everything that doesn’t go their way, and they’re not gonna come to the forums to talk about how much they may or may not enjoy things.

Usually, the most vocal are the most difficult to please.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Just saying.

or this

I can continue to provide more links but I think this is sufficient. While I more inclined to believe reviews done by big name companies, youtubers mean nothing to me because you can find videos of people either praising or bashing the game, just depends on where you look. As for our “peers” reasons for leaving, well lets just say after the claims were made that Wildstar was going to kill this game, I’ve stopped listening to our “peers” as a form of reasonable opinion. And don’t get me started on our “peers” reading comprehension.

Also many MMOs that go free to play are followed by both an increase and stabilization of the population which is never a bad thing. Even the gw2 pop went up after it went free to play.

Just saying.

Yes, because the game director leaves a very successful game the same year he releases the game’s first expansion because it’s such a success. Not to mention the CEO having to take over and look for a new person to fill the slot in the interim and then announciing the gutting of future legendaries to focus on Living World and the upcoming expansion. All the while people all over the web, in majority, say they are leaving or less than happy with the game.

But nooooo . . . the game is just fine.

Really?

We’re seriously having this discussion? I may not be Sherlock, but I know clues when I see them. I suggest you come out of the sand and do the same.

By the way, repeating my last line, in an attempt to be cute or clever? It doesn’t work. In debating circles, we call that parroting. It means you cannot come up with anything substantial of your own, recognize someone else’s words are better, and then try to use it against them in some attempt at one-upmanship.

Most recognize this for what it is: one who uses this tactic ignores the fact that their arguments have been falsified (usually over and over), and hope that their audience is unaware.

Sadly, for you, I am aware.

Might want to brush up on that if you want me to take you seriously . . . which quite frankly hasn’t happened so far.

But in case it’s TLDR, the picture below sums up what I think of your counterpoints so far:

Gone to Reddit.

Vayne.8563

Just saying.

or this

Just saying.

Yes, because the game director leaves a very successful game the same year he releases the game’s first expansion because it’s such a success. Not to mention the CEO having to take over and look for a new person to fill the slot in the interim and then announciing the gutting of future legendaries to focus on Living World and the upcoming expansion. All the while people all over the web, in majority, say they are leaving or less than happy with the game.

Really?

We’re seriously having this discussion? I may not be Sherlock, but I know clues when I see them. I suggest you come out of the sand and do the same.

By the way, repeating my last line, in an attempt to be cute or clever? It doesn’t work. In debating circles, we call that parroting. It means you cannot come up with anything substantial of your own, recognize someone else’s words are better, and then attempt to use it against them in some attempt at one-upmanship.

Most recognize this for what it is: one who uses this tactic ignores the fact that their arguments have been falsified (usually over and over), and hope that their audience is unaware.

Might want to brush up on that if you want me to take you seriously . . . which quite frankly hasn’t happened so far.

But in case it’s TLDR, the picture below sums up what I think of your counterpoints so far:

People leave jobs all the time. Look up sea change.

I left a job I was working at for 13 years to write full time. It wasn’t because I couldn’t do the job. It wasn’t because the business was suffering.

It was because I was burned out. Colin wasn’t fired, he left to take a job closer to home. I’m not sure why you think that’s evidence of anything.

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

It’s all right. It’s mostly just too inconvenient to run and the rewards not matching the time investment. It still is; I don’t plan my life around a 2 hour fixed start time and if I do it at all, it’s just because I happened to be on when it started and had time to play.

I’ll probably do it a few times now to check out the rewards, but the rewards have to be really good to get me to stomach the boss fight at the end. It’s anti-climatic and very, very slow. If you have to design a mechanic to one shot people who go AFK during a boss fight, it’s a pretty good sign you made something kind of on the boring side. The whole thing is long periods of standing around waiting for the burn phase to cycle. Just awful pacing. People set up traders and crafting stations; that’s how slow it is.

I like it up until we complete the towers and then it’s a total snooze fest. Once I got all the Mastery Points, 100% zone completion and enough ore to last me awhile, I stopped doing it all together just because of the boss fight.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Batelle.1680

It’s all right. It’s mostly just too inconvenient to run and the rewards not matching the time investment. It still is; I don’t plan my life around a 2 hour fixed start time and if I do it at all, it’s just because I happened to be on when it started and had time to play.

I’ll probably do it a few times now to check out the rewards, but the rewards have to be really good to get me to stomach the boss fight at the end. It’s anti-climatic and very, very slow. If you have to design a mechanic to one shot people who go AFK during a boss fight, it’s a pretty good sign you made something kind of on the boring side. The whole thing is long periods of standing around waiting for the burn phase to cycle. Just awful pacing. People set up traders and crafting stations; that’s how slow it is.

I like it up until we complete the towers and then it’s a total snooze fest. Once I got all the Mastery Points, 100% zone completion and enough ore to last me awhile, I stopped doing it all together just because of the boss fight.

To be fair, I kind of wish all of the events had a mechanic to one shot people who go AFK during them (preferably ones that don’t inconvenience the players who are actually present). It’s hardly something that DS has a lock on.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Just saying.

or this

Just saying.

Really?

By the way, repeating my last line, in an attempt to be cute or clever? It doesn’t work. In debating circles, we call that parroting. It means you cannot come up with anything substantial of your own, recognize someone else’s words are better, and then attempt to use it against them in some attempt at one-upmanship.

I left a job I was working at for 13 years to write full time. It wasn’t because I couldn’t do the job. It wasn’t because the business was suffering.

It was because I was burned out. Colin wasn’t fired, he left to take a job closer to home. I’m not sure why you think that’s evidence of anything.

Uh Mr Writer you may want to re-vist the “Colin wasn’t fired” statement because you really don’t know. I think he was canned because the game has taken a turn in a different direction.

Notice I said “I think” because I don’t know for sure either but that is my opinion.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Ardid.7203

At least publicly, Colin wasn’t fired. There was an statement from himself explaining that. If you don’t want to believe what he said, well, that’s another problem.

Hawks

Lite Ning Strike.5203

At least publicly, Colin wasn’t fired. There was an statement from himself explaining that. If you don’t want to believe what he said, well, that’s another problem.

Actually not a problem, game is struggling under Colin’s rule, he suddenly says I’m leaving to fulfill my dreams. New man steps in starts addressing age old issues, fixes many in a few months. Listens (obviously) to what the players are saying. Doesn’t implement everything asked for (who could) but makes leaps and bounds.

Do the math and stop being a sheep (lol coin off my signature not being a smart alec)

Ardid.7203

I prefer concrete facts over conspiracy theories. If that makes me a sheep, then I’m a very scientific sheep.

I don’t say that what you think isn’t true. I just say we don’t know.

Hawks

Vayne.8563

Just saying.

or this

Just saying.

Really?

Uh Mr Writer you may want to re-vist the “Colin wasn’t fired” statement because you really don’t know. I think he was canned because the game has taken a turn in a different direction.

Notice I said “I think” because I don’t know for sure either but that is my opinion.

Actually I do know, or at least there’s a very clear indication of it.

People who are fired from sensitive positions like that don’t get to work out the rest of the week, which Colin did. Nor does he get to front an AMA with the guy replacing him and why would he if he was fired.

Anything who thinks Colin was fired isn’t paying attention.

Ardid.7203

Actually not a problem, game is struggling under Colin’s rule, he suddenly says I’m leaving to fulfill my dreams. New man steps in starts addressing age old issues, fixes many in a few months. Listens (obviously) to what the players are saying. Doesn’t implement everything asked for (who could) but makes leaps and bounds.

Do the math and stop being a sheep (lol coin off my signature not being a smart alec)

Sorry but to me it doesn’t look as if you have doubts about Colin being fired.

You seem to be using the phrases “I think”, “my opinion” and “I don’t know” (a-posteriori) just as letter shields against critics. Same could be said about your tendency to use pseudo insults (Special Snowflake, Sheep, Storyteller, your Daddy is Gone, etc) to undermine the argumentation of other posters.

I can be wrong, of course, but I doubt it. I really think my reading comprehension is fine.

Hawks

Ardenwolfe.8590

Anyone who knows anything about public relations knows how it works in the real world. We call it damage control. And given how things went recently, ANet certainly doesn’t want to add fuel to the fire.

So they had a ‘parting of the ways’ as they say. I know because I did this last week. Terminated a contract with a client. We both said publically that he decided to pursue other interests at this time. And I wished him the best of luck.

Sound familiar?

Again, no, it’s not concrete evidence, but those of us with common sense can read between the lines.

It is what it is, and that’s the last I’ll say about that. We’ve derailed the thread enough.

So let me try to put it back on track: With the recent patch, things are much better in the Deep Jungle to include Dragon Stand. Better loot drops and the like. And with the daily win reward there, hopefully more interest will be included too.

Gone to Reddit.

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Anyone who knows anything about public relations knows how it works in the real world. We call it damage control. And given how things went recently, ANet certainly doesn’t want to add fuel to the fire.

So they had a ‘parting of the ways’ as they say. I know because I did this last week. Terminated a contract with a client. We both said publically that he decided to pursue other interests at this time. And I wished him the best of luck.

Sound familiar?

Again, no, it’s not concrete evidence, but those of us with common sense can read between the lines.

It is what it is, and that’s the last I’ll say about that. We’ve derailed the thread enough.

So let me try to put it back on track: With the recent patch, things are much better in the Deep Jungle to include Dragon Stand. Better loot drops and the like. And with the daily win reward there, hopefully more interest will be included too.

Dang man how do I give you a standing Ovation with an avitar, lol.

I agree I haven’t had time to try DS yet but my open world experiences so far have been great. My Guildies and I are already making plans to try the DS Meta this weekend.

Vayne.8563

Sound familiar?

I agree I haven’t had time to try DS yet but my open world experiences so far have been great. My Guildies and I are already making plans to try the DS Meta this weekend.

You’re simply making an assumption and it’s not a warranted assumption. Because when people part ways that way, they don’t hang around and participate. Why would they want to or have to or be trusted to.

When people leave under that circumstance, you don’t put them out on public display which Anet did with Colin in the AMA on reddit. Both were there.

What’s Colin’s incentive for playing nice if he really got fired. And what makes you think what you’re describing happens more often than people just burning out?

I think it’s far more likely that Colin worked his kitten off on something that wasn’t appreciated and said kitten this, I’m out of here.

Because in Colin’s place, that’s what I’d do.

There’s no evidence that Colin was told to walk away except sales of the expansion weren’t what they expected, and even that’s only a matter of interpretation because what the company actually said was that free to play players didn’t convert at the rate they expected them too.

This isn’t circumstantial evidence, because there are a number of things that can explain Colin’s departure, including the stated reasons, that he got an opportunity closer to home where he can spend more time with his family.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Sound familiar?

You’re simply making an assumption and it’s not a warranted assumption. Because when people part ways that way, they don’t hang around and participate. Why would they want to or have to or be trusted to.

When people leave under that circumstance, you don’t put them out on public display which Anet did with Colin in the AMA on reddit. Both were there.

you might in a situation where the departed individual had been an important face for the product, with a following among the fanbase for some time. This isnt some faceless (to the average player) intern we are speaking of.

What’s Colin’s incentive for playing nice if he really got fired. And what makes you think what you’re describing happens more often than people just burning out?

Conditions of one’s severance package can be very, very, very restrictive. I know this one first hand. Also, he would probably not want to be seen as someone who badmouths his employer by future prospective employers.

I think it’s far more likely that Colin worked his kitten off on something that wasn’t appreciated and said kitten this, I’m out of here.

Because in Colin’s place, that’s what I’d do.

Your questions right back at you. What evidence? Why woud he play nice after saying kitten this and walking out. If he’d already burned his bridges there would be little to be gained.

There’s no evidence that Colin was told to walk away except sales of the expansion weren’t what they expected, and even that’s only a matter of interpretation because what the company actually said was that free to play players didn’t convert at the rate they expected them too.

This isn’t circumstantial evidence, because there are a number of things that can explain Colin’s departure, including the stated reasons, that he got an opportunity closer to home where he can spend more time with his family.

The fact that there are other epxplanations for something does not prevent something from being crcumstantial evidence. But, nothing presented here is circumstancial evidence. Its just speculation.

Responses in bold.

Ultimately I dont know why Colin left any more than does any other player. I have suspicions based on timing and such but overall I dont really care. Of course I hope that, as another human being, he has moved on to gainful employment that will allow him to support himself and his family, but its not my business to care who is running the game so long as the results are reasonably pleasing to me.

Posted by: Maximus.8376

Maximus.8376

Well….we can all agree here that you lost your tinfoil hat, Ashen. Best of luck!

As for DS, It’s one of my favorite events in the game. Bria in Iron Marches ist till my fav