Karma Portal Suggestion

Karma Portal Suggestion

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: udoh.5307

udoh.5307

As well as allowing the Portal stone to drop in the current areas, why not add a Karma vendor that sells a Portal to the Heart of Maguma for a LOT of karma, like 3 Million. This would remove massive amounts of karma from the game, and also reward “loyal” players, as most people who have that much karma have been playing for Guild Wars 2 for a long time.

Karma Portal Suggestion

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

most people convert their karma to gold nowadays. so karma is being moved around pretty well i think.

Incursiƶn [iN]

Karma Portal Suggestion

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I was a karma millionaire for most of my GW2 life. I just spent all of it on cultural weapon skins (over 1 mio per race for T3 skins, plus Lionguard and Ebon Vanguard weapons at T1)

But I’m sitting on 1500 soon to be worthless skill points that I’d be willing to trade…

Karma Portal Suggestion

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

But I’m sitting on 1500 soon to be worthless skill points that I’d be willing to trade…

Worthless? Why? The only function at the moment, aside from skill unlocking, is buying mystic forge items. All skill points get converted to a new currency, so certainly they aren’t worthless. Worst case: the new currency can also only be used for mystic forge items, what would be the same as at the moment.

Karma Portal Suggestion

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

aside from skill unlocking

Exactly. That what I used them for: to unlock skills. I don’t really want to go into why I haven’t done any skill challenges on most of my alts, I’ve talked about that at length in the other threads but so far, skill points had at least some use for me.

I’ve already forged all skins worth forging (that I can afford the other ingredients for), so now I’m just sitting on unused currency. I know I’d be able to turn skill points into gold – but not vice versa, so I don’t do that very much.

Either way, that’s the currency I’d gladly give up for a beta key – and it would soften the blow of having to spend weeks retroactively rushing my alts through PvE to re-unlock skills after the balance update. Most vets are either sitting on skill points (like me) or can, if they care to put in the hours, reliably farm them. So that could have been a worthwhile addition to the RNG drop thing. Better than karma anyway