Legendary armor hunt please

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

1 thing i loved about this game is i can do pretty much what ever i wanted and get what i want eventually but with legendary armor we can only get them in raids but what if i don’t like the raid mentality or guild mentality it’s why i quit eq2 and wow and now maybe gw2

So you take 1 step foreword with pre hunt and 1 back with legendary armor raid gate

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

You can’t get Fractal skins without playing fractals… some content needs its own exclusive rewards for incentive to play it… Otherwise raids would become like Triple Trouble, where no one does them except large guilds.

Legendary Armor wont have better stats that ascended armor.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

You can’t get Fractal skins without playing fractals… some content needs its own exclusive rewards for incentive to play it… Otherwise raids would become like Triple Trouble, where no one does them except large guilds.

Then they should really give WvW its own exclusive reward, it’s long over due. They seem to be the part of the player base that get shafted the most as far as rewards which really is ridiculous considering Anet chose to make 3 different game modes. All modes should provide a way to obtain the goodies. I’ve said it before, if tables were turned and Legendary armor was WvW exclusive the majority of the PvE crowd would absolutely lose their minds. At which point they would feel their complaints are perfectly legitimate because it suits them.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Yea but thats just a skin not a legendary that can only be gotten in that game mode only that make it so you don’t have to carry around extra armor so so
i couldn’t care less about skins

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

I disagree. Different rewards should be specific to different content, and should match the difficulty of said content. This has been staple game design since the dawn of video games and is in no way related to raids specifically.

Making rewards generic devalues the rewards themselves. If I’m playing Pokemon and every time I walk in tall grass, the game gives a list of all the Pokemon to choose from, don’t you see how ridiculous that is?

Random.4691

In other games the difference is they have different stats to suit different modes. This makes it easy to have a PvP exclusive set because its not useful for PvE and vice versa for Raid gear. GW2 does not follow this rule so at the very lest it should be split, say Chest and Feet from raids, Legs and Hands from WvW, and Helm and Shoulders from SPvP. Limiting the gear to one mode shows a lack of empathy and pretty much tells players of those modes that are ignored that they are second rate and not worth the Devs time, even if that is not the intention.

One would have thought Anet had learned this lesson by now.

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

exactly

Random.4691

exactly

Then once again, when is WvW going to get it’s turn ? It seems t be passed by EVERY time, it needs incentive to pull people in as well. I think its only fair and long over due for WvW to get some exclusive weapons/armor.

Deth.4109

exactly

Then once again, when is WvW going to get it’s turn ? It seems t be passed by EVERY time, it needs incentive to pull people in as well. I think its only fair and long over due for WvW to get some exclusive weapons/armor.

it just well might in the future but may I also direct you to
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Hero%27s_weapons

Random.4691

Mistforged is HARDLY on the level of ascended/legendary or even exotic for that matter. Don’t compare rare weapons with lesser stats, it is not the same thing at all.

I actually forgot they had an exotic version but even so comparing them to a legendary or ascended … not the same thing. Also it was based on tokens and win ratio’s, if I remember correctly you were punished and unable to obtain them for being on a less populated server. It was also time sensitive, not something you can work towards at your leisure.

(edited by Random.4691)

Deth.4109

Mistforged is HARDLY on the level of ascended/legendary or even exotic for that matter. Don’t compare rare weapons with lesser stats, it is not the same thing at all.

it its however WVW exclusive and in the case of gw2 which is a game more about skins than stats i feel its highly relevant to this converstion. I don’t ever WVW and so I will never have these skins. the same should be true of raid legendary armor.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

The first thing is you can actually buy dungeons. So most likely you can buy raids too just like you buy arah or fractal.

The second thing is Anet might add alternative way of getting legendary armor. Or they haven’t finalize weather legendary armor will be raid exclusive.

And the final rewards might even be salable. I remember Anet talking about some fractal encryption box that will be salable after completing high level fractal.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/How-to-get-Legendary-armor-outside-of-raids

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Random.4691

it its however WVW exclusive and in the case of gw2 which is a game more about skins than stats i feel its highly relevant to this converstion. I don’t ever WVW and so I will never have these skins. the same should be true of raid legendary armor.

Ok so you would be fine if they had announced Legendary would only be available via WvW ?

PvE players already cried rivers of tears because map completion included WvW.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

1 thing i loved about this game is i can do pretty much what ever i wanted and get what i want eventually but with legendary armor we can only get them in raids but what if i don’t like the raid mentality or guild mentality it’s why i quit eq2 and wow and now maybe gw2

So you take 1 step foreword with pre hunt and 1 back with legendary armor raid gate

If it costs about the same 5-6 full ascended sets then they could make Legendary armor available for gold too

Deth.4109

Ok so you would be fine if they had announced Legendary would only be available via WvW ?

I would be 100% in favor of that. if gw2 wants to live up to its philosophy of “play your way” then players should have incentive to excel to the highest level of whatever content they enjoy the most, PvP,PvE,WvW,jumping puzzles or what ever else they like.

Random.4691

I would be 100% in favor of that. if gw2 wants to live up to its philosophy of “play your way” then players should have incentive to excel to the highest level of whatever content they enjoy the most, PvP,PvE,WvW,jumping puzzles or what ever else they like.

That’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m saying they announced that Legendary Armor was available ONLY through WvW game play. You would be ok with this ? Do you think PvE players would scream foul and how unfair it is ?

Deth.4109

That’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m saying they announced that Legendary Armor was available ONLY through WvW game play. You would be ok with this ? Do you think PvE players would scream foul and how unfair it is ?

I already said yes, I don’t care who cries foul. if they want the skin then they better learn how to WvW.

Random.4691

I find that hard to believe but I’ve been wrong before. You would be one of the minority, I’m pretty sure the outcry would be monumental if this happened.

See I don’t believe players should be forced to play ANY mode in a game that advertised play your own way. I can’t stand PvE but I do respect that others love it. I believe it should be obtainable in all modes, creating a fitting scenario to earn them in WvW would be another story. It would have to be linked to something that is actually challenging.

Deth.4109

I find that hard to believe but I’ve been wrong before. You would be one of the minority, I’m pretty sure the outcry would be monumental if this happened.

See I don’t believe players should be forced to play ANY mode in a game that advertised play your own way. I can’t stand PvE but I do respect that others love it. I believe it should be obtainable in all modes, creating a fitting scenario to earn them in WvW would be another story. It would have to be linked to something that is actually challenging.

why? rewards should be unique across game modes or else they really aren’t all that appealing. like if some how you could get tripple trouble worm skins from WVW it would make the reward from beating them meaningless. rarity is part of the motivation to do what has been done by so little.

maddoctor.2738

The thing is we are talking about legendary armor here. It should never be “easy” to get because it has the potential to crash the economy. Allowing players to get the armor through any kind of content would just mean an endless grind, like the legendary weapons.

Random.4691

The why is easy, it’s giving one mode an advantage over another. Now if you want unique, I would be all for unique skins per mode, they can all obtain the stats and presumably the ability to change stats like Legendary weapons, yet each mode would have their own specific skins. It’s the difference that a WvW player will be forced to raid if they want the gear or craft several sets of ascended armor for the stat changes.

Deth.4109

The why is easy, it’s giving one mode an advantage over another. Now if you want unique, I would be all for unique skins per mode, they can all obtain the stats and presumably the ability to change stats like Legendary weapons, yet each mode would have their own specific skins. It’s the difference that a WvW player will be forced to raid if they want the gear or craft several sets of ascended armor for the stat changes.

where is the advantage?? if you want ascended stats use your wvw rewards or pvp rewards to craft them…… if you wan legendarry armor then you do a raid. both modes provide rewards of the same stat level. I cannot see how any one is given an edge by this.

Random.4691

The thing is we are talking about legendary armor here. It should never be “easy” to get because it has the potential to crash the economy. Allowing players to get the armor through any kind of content would just mean an endless grind, like the legendary weapons.

No ones asking for easy, I never said you get a piece for taking a keep, it would have to be linked to # of kills or # of keeps taken both of which would need to be in line with the length of time it take to get a piece from a raid.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

why? rewards should be unique across game modes or else they really aren’t all that appealing. like if some how you could get tripple trouble worm skins from WVW it would make the reward from beating them meaningless. rarity is part of the motivation to do what has been done by so little.

Make them both be available in all 3 primary modes and yet unique to each.
In other words, have completely separate unlocks for each mode and no using them in the others if you hadn’t unlocked them there.

Hell, I’d honestly have been more happy with the modes being completely isolated, to the point that they each had separate clients, but at the very least insulating the rewards would be a nice change…

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Random.4691

The advantage is the ability to change your stats on the fly. Figure out how much a complete ascended set would cost then multiply that by every set of armor, that is the value of Legendary vs. Ascended.

maddoctor.2738

No ones asking for easy, I never said you get a piece for taking a keep, it would have to be linked to # of kills or # of keeps taken both of which would need to be in line with the length of time it take to get a piece from a raid.

1. of kills and # of keeps is hardly something you can balance as it depends heavily on time of day and server population. There are also different Keeps, on your own Borderlands which are much easier to take, on enemy borderlands or in EB. There are way too many variables and I guess that’s one of the main reasons WvW rewards have been lacking all this time.

I don’t know what they are planning to fix the rewards in WvW but something needs to change there too.

Deth.4109

The advantage is the ability to change your stats on the fly. Figure out how much a complete ascended set would cost then multiply that by every set of armor, that is the value of Legendary vs. Ascended.

thats not really and edge. if anything it’s more of a luxury provided only to those who took on an beat the hard task of completing very difficult content. I also don’t see how running around in zerg in wvw can be equated to the challenge an incredibly hard raid that requires much more co-ordination and planning. WvW rewards in essence come from just playing alot of WvW being the best doesn’t have as much to do with it. in the case of raids however being the top of the mountain in regards to PVE players is more critical to what challenges you and your team will achieve and so your reward needs to meet the challenge.

Random.4691

1. of kills and # of keeps is hardly something you can balance as it depends heavily on time of day and server population. There are also different Keeps, on your own Borderlands which are much easier to take, on enemy borderlands or in EB. There are way too many variables and I guess that’s one of the main reasons WvW rewards have been lacking all this time.

I don’t know what they are planning to fix the rewards in WvW but something needs to change there too.

It was an example of how it could be implemented, the point is it would need to be within the same difficulty realm as a raid, however it was done.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

You can’t make legendary weapons without dungeons or WvW (or at least this was the case originally).

You can’t make the legendary backpacks without PvP or Fractals.

You can’t get the new precursors without doing the hunts.

This is in no way different than ever before.

And knowing ANet, if the raid isn’t part of the achievement hunt, then it’ll be for tokens and the raids will have unlockable PvP reward tracks which will give the needed tokens.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

There should be many ways to obtain legendary items. Each way should provide a unique skin to reflect the area where your item stems from. Since legendary item and precursors are account-bound you cannot obtain an item from an area your are not active in.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

maddoctor.2738

It was an example of how it could be implemented, the point is it would need to be within the same difficulty realm as a raid, however it was done.

I bet even the devs don’t know how difficult their raid is going to be. IF they ever implement an alternative system of acquisition it will happen after the raids are released so everyone, devs included, know exactly how hard their content actually is and balance rewards on other content accordingly.

Random.4691

thats not really and edge. if anything it’s more of a luxury provided only to those who took on an beat the hard task of completing very difficult content. I also don’t see how running around in zerg in wvw can be equated to the challenge an incredibly hard raid that requires much more co-ordination and planning. WvW rewards in essence come from just playing alot of WvW being the best doesn’t have as much to do with it. in the case of raids however being the top of the mountain in regards to PVE players is more critical to what challenges you and your team will achieve and so your reward needs to meet the challenge.

I don’t see how a scripted fight could possibly be viewed as more difficult than battling real people who are not scripted and ever changing. All WvW is not zergs running around, there is more to it than that, it also requires more time and effort as it currently is a 24/7 effort, a raid is not. Having the ability to change stats in WvW is extremely valuable, possibly more so than in PvE by the way you write it off as a simple luxury.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Im not saying there is no reason to get upset here, but i think people need to read carefully.

RAIDS GIVE ITEMS USED IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF PRECURSORS
they dont give legendary armor.

Conquering raid content will earn you the pieces to build legendary precursor armors,

this means raids are but one step in the path to earning legendary armor, not too different than runing dungeons was one step in the path to building egendary weapons.

following the design of the initial legendaries, and info on the new precursor quests, its highly likely you will have to do MANY specific things to get the armor.

so the argument its valuing one content over another is probably inaccurate. Its most likely you will have to do many contents.

Now, one could argue over whether you should have to do multiple different specific content in order to get legendaries, Or whether raids should be one of the specific content requirements.

Deth.4109

I don’t see how a scripted fight could possibly be viewed as more difficult than battling real people who are not scripted and ever changing. All WvW is not zergs running around, there is more to it than that, it also requires more time and effort as it currently is a 24/7 effort, a raid is not. Having the ability to change stats in WvW is extremely valuable, possibly more so than in PvE by the way you write it off as a simple luxury.

I primarily PvP and I can assure you that beating other players can often seem like a joke. I also used to Raid when i played wow and I can tell you nothing is more frustrating than wiping over and over and over on a boss for hours. you start a raid at 7 pm and you look over and its 3am and you haven’t killed the danm boss yet and it hurts you deep in your pride and test your will power, then that glorious moment comes where you and your team finally get a strat down that works and you kill the thing and all you shout so loud you wake your neighbors. raiding can really be taxing which is why it needs to be compensated well. WvW is not like this so its hard to measure out rewards.

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Then they should really give WvW its own exclusive reward, it’s long over due. They seem to be the part of the player base that get shafted the most as far as rewards which really is ridiculous considering Anet chose to make 3 different game modes. All modes should provide a way to obtain the goodies. I’ve said it before, if tables were turned and Legendary armor was WvW exclusive the majority of the PvE crowd would absolutely lose their minds. At which point they would feel their complaints are perfectly legitimate because it suits them.

Didn’t read most of the post.
But there allready are exclusive WvW set based on WvW tournament and I don’t remeber anyone complain about it when they were introduce…
But I also agree there should be more WvW reward even though I don’t play a lot in WvW.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Agreed with the OP, you shouldn’t have to raid to get Legendary armor if you don’t want to raid.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Pukc.6328

Pukc.6328

Question….. How often do you change your gear to change your stats?

Posted by: Cassandra Nea.2507

Cassandra Nea.2507

I am as casual as they come, and hell will freeze over before I do a raid in GW2. Even so, I think it makes perfect sense if legendary awards are only available from completing raids. This content is lined up to be the hardest to be found anywhere in the game, so why shouldn’t it be rewarded with the best rewards in game? The hard-core raiders deserve that kind of progression.

(edited by Cassandra Nea.2507)

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

I am as casual as they come, and hell will freeze over before I do a raid in GW2. Even so, I think it makes perfect sense if legendary awards are only available from completing raids. This content is lined up to be the hardest to be found anywhere in the game, so why shouldn’t it be rewarded with the best rewards in game? The hard-core raiders deserve that kind of progression.

This, just this is what i think too.

It is fairly simple atm, if you want the Fractal Capacitor you do fractals, if you want the full Arah set you do Arah, if you want Twilight you do AC for the gift. If you want legendary armors you do raids.

If you dont want to do raids but you want legendary armor, well. Then hope something that is NEEDED to make the legendary armor can be sold on the TP just like precursors.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Raids only work if you lock something desirable and exclusive behind them. If you can get the shinies some other way, the raiders get upset because there aren’t enough people to raid with them.

Ohoni.6057

Stockholm Syndrome is no reason to do anything.

It is fairly simple atm, if you want the Fractal Capacitor you do fractals, if you want the full Arah set you do Arah, if you want Twilight you do AC for the gift. If you want legendary armors you do raids.

Why? “Because reasons” is not a good reason. All content is equal, the developers spend time making the art and put it into the game for the players to have, why should some of it be locked behind specific content that only some players want to do, beyond that the developers arbitrarily chose to put it there? Why can’t they just choose differently?

Raids only work if you lock something desirable and exclusive behind them. If you can get the shinies some other way, the raiders get upset because there aren’t enough people to raid with them.

If there aren’t enough players that enjoy raiding then the developers shouldn’t waste time developing content for raiders. If there are enough players that enjoy raiding to justify making content for them, then they will play raids without exclusive rewards, so long as the quantity of rewards they receive is not less per unit of time than other activities. Any argument made in favor of the necessity of exclusive raid rewards is ONLY an argument against implementing raids at all.

done by now.”

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Hardcore gamers asked for “hard content”, but really it is exclusivity they’re after. Well apparently they are getting that with legendary armor. I hope this shiny suit of legendary armor is enough to bolster their fragile egos. Your “awesomeness” will be apparent for everyone to see with that magnificent armor that is locked behind “hard content”. Lesser mortals will be left stunned in your wake. Sheesh!!! It’s really dumb to be seeking self-esteem through a video game……

Give raids exclusive skins but not a kitten legendary!!

p.s. If you were someone who wanted “hard content” without the exclusive carrot this message was not meant for you.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I’m OK with that, but only as long as it looks completely different then the raid armor.

In fact, it’d be great if they make many different legendary armors each with its distinguished looks that says stuff about the player that uses it like:

I completed the armor hunt!

or I farmed and spammed 1 a lot !

or I killed XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX players in wvw + commanded and won against overwhelming forces

or I am a top dawg in SPVP !

etc. etc.

all those would be absolutely great. each one should have its unique looks so when you look at someone you know immediately what that person has gone through to earn their armor.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

maddoctor.2738

Why? “Because reasons” is not a good reason. All content is equal, the developers spend time making the art and put it into the game for the players to have, why should some of it be locked behind specific content that only some players want to do, beyond that the developers arbitrarily chose to put it there? Why can’t they just choose differently?

Then what kind of content should also reward the legendary armor?

PVP tracks farmed in PVP farm arenas?
WvW ranks based on which server you are and if you play during the off-hours without any opposition?
SW chest farming that has you only press F?
Any world boss that has you only press 1 and win?
VW that you press 1 then go afk and win?
Champion farming that you press 1 and win?
DT that you don’t even have to play and win (wait for sandstorm)?

Which content in the game qualifies for giving access to the highest quality armor in the game? If any of the above are used, the ascended market will crumble in an instant because everyone will have the legendary version. Those are just too easy, a certain limit in content needs to be added so not everyone has access to the gear, to keep the economy going and the market stable. Or if they really want to make it available with gold, it should cost the equal of at least 8 Ascended armor sets.

I’m all for alternatives, but alternatives need to be something other than content that can be done while watching a movie on a second monitor. Sadly, the game currently doesn’t have any such content, maybe they will add something with HoT and it will qualify.

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

Then what kind of content should also reward the legendary armor?

PVP tracks farmed in PVP farm arenas?
WvW ranks based on which server you are and if you play during the off-hours without any opposition?
SW chest farming that has you only press F?
Any world boss that has you only press 1 and win?
VW that you press 1 then go afk and win?
Champion farming that you press 1 and win?
DT that you don’t even have to play and win (wait for sandstorm)?

Which content in the game qualifies for giving access to the highest quality armor in the game? If any of the above are used, the ascended market will crumble in an instant because everyone will have the legendary version. Those are just too easy, a certain limit in content needs to be added so not everyone has access to the gear, to keep the economy going and the market stable. Or if they really want to make it available with gold, it should cost the equal of at least 8 Ascended armor sets.

I’m all for alternatives, but alternatives need to be something other than content that can be done while watching a movie on a second monitor. Sadly, the game currently doesn’t have any such content, maybe they will add something with HoT and it will qualify.

I agree for the most part, except the bit about accessibility.

I think everything (including legendaries) should be accessible to everyone. That being said, I don’t think accessible needs to mean that it’s easy to get either. Especially not a legendary. I would imagine that a legendary item in a game would require an equally legendary task to be completed to attain the item. Enough so that the individual with the legendary could be said to be a legend themselves. Enough cheesiness from me.

Everyone should be able to try their hand at creating a legendary, but the challenge should be rigorous enough that it requires a squad full of people that have some measure of mastery over their class. This isn’t a stab at casuals either, because one can still be casual, but skilled.

Legendaries are so not-legendary right now. It would be great for HoT to change that and actually make them require some amazing feats / accomplishments to get. What better way than difficult content?

Ohoni.6057

Which content in the game qualifies for giving access to the highest quality armor in the game?

Well, to start with, how about any content that currently rewards the highest quality weapons in the game (by buying them off the TP)? So long as that relationship exists, any argument of “the armor MUST remain exclusive to only the very best of content” is completely moot (which you can currently buy for the low low price of 2000-2500g!).

But assuming they take gold out of the options, because I’m not a fan of that either, I would say of the existing content, PvP tracks, WvW badges, certain more interesting world bosses, even just a general content PvE track. I think the methods should be balanced out so that “weaker” methods would take longer to get there, but they should all nudge the bar forward a bit.

You cite cases in which the content can become trivialized, but remember that raid content can often be trivialized as well, and I’d bet you that within the first six months there will be at least some “not quite an exploit” method figured out for bypassing or easing major elements of the raid and allowing less than elite players through it in some way. You’re presenting an argument in which you’re holding up an imperfect mechanism as if it were perfect, and then saying “all these other mechanisms are too imperfect to trust with so valuable a prize.” The actual truth is that no mechanism is perfect, and no prize is so valuable as you make it out to be.

I don’t support places where PvE or other ingame content has been trivialized, and if ANet wants to tighten those up, or make sure that the Legendary-worthy loot only occurs when those trivializing circumstances are not a factor, then that would be fine by me. For example, if you can earn it via a PvP reward track, have it so that that track only progresses in Unranked or even only in Ranked matches, and counts losses far less than the normal tracks do, or even only counts your personal bonus scoring rather than team outcomes.

If they want to make it available via Dry Top farming, make sure to have it only count in cases where you’re actually putting out the effort. There are all sorts of ways that they can tweak existing content to reduce the ways to cheapen it, so to push this as something impossible to achieve is a bit disingenuous.

If any of the above are used, the ascended market will crumble in an instant because everyone will have the legendary version.

Four things for that. First, I would support them making it so that the alternate methods were not only accountbound, but also you could only earn one per material, so that you could update, at most, three characters at a time with the actual Legendary armors this way, and the others would need Ascended.

Second, the method for acquiring it could be balanced to be long and costly enough that it would be balanced against current Ascended prices. Even the simplest method of “SW farming,” if it required you to farm thousands and thousands of chests, you would have enough gold to buy ascended armor before you could make a Legendary armor.

Third, you could earn Legendary weapons before you could earn Ascended, including on the TP, and yet there is still plenty of market for Ascended weapons and their components. So long as the effort involved is remotely balanced, it is a non-issue.

Finally, I honestly don’t care if the ascended market does crash. No market should be sacrosanct, and ultimately the players don’t serve the market, the market serves the players, so if there ever comes a case where ANet can’t do right by the players because “the market,” then let it burn, it’s outlived its usefulness.

done by now.”

maddoctor.2738

I think the methods should be balanced out so that “weaker” methods would take longer to get there, but they should all nudge the bar forward a bit.

And they already do. From what we know raids will give you the precursor, you will probably need a lot of other things to make that legendary that will require playing other types of content too.

The actual truth is that no mechanism is perfect, and no prize is so valuable as you make it out to be.

If their challenging group content proves to be exploitable and defeated with “cheesy” mechanics then it was all for nothing.

There are all sorts of ways that they can tweak existing content to reduce the ways to cheapen it, so to push this as something impossible to achieve is a bit disingenuous.

Are you sure we won’t get complains then that is too hard? Remember we are talking about GW2 casual forum warriors here who can only do content by pressing 1 and F and any sign of something else coming along is “not what GW2 was supposed to be”. We are talking about players who find anything that is not in the open world that they can do solo at 1200 without any possibility of failure as “hard”.

Of course Anet can make any type of their content more challenging and worth playing, and worth awarding legendary armors, but do the players actually want that?

Ohoni.6057

It’s also worth considering that Legendary weapons aren’t THAT hard to earn, aside from the gold cost. People cite that it takes “aspects of all parts of the game,” and that’s true, but only tiny bits of them in many cases. What does a Legendary weapon take?

Most obviously it takes World Completion, which doesn’t even include WvW anymore, but even then it only required you to map transfer or get lucky on color rotation and you could earn that no problem. The actual effort of PvE map completion took the most time of anything, but was hardly highly challenging, especially in a group. My current guild still does “map expeditions” every now and then where they move in a herd and clear a map in about an hour or so.

Gift of Battle takes 500 badges, which was once fairly difficult for non-WvWers (but even pacifists could farm them from the JPs), but with achievement points even non-WvWers have a few thousand badges lying around. They also added a requirement of rank 14, but again that is fairly trivial to reach. I’ve spent a grant total of maybe a few hours of sporadic WvWing since they added ranks, and have that rank already. Absolutely no skill required either (although it helps).

Gift of [Dungeons] takes 500 dungeon tokens, which means running a total of eight daily dungeon paths. At most this would take you eight days, as little as three (or one if you insisted on grinding the dungeon all day for the minimal rewards). It could instead require a little over two runs through any dungeon PvP track. Most dungeons have at least one path that is easy to do, and worst case scenario you can get carried.

Then you need a ton of obsidian shards, which can be earned relatively trivially any number fo ways by this point, and you need around 350 spirit shards, which are again relatively trivial to earn (I believe I have 3000 of them at the moment).

And then there’s the gold. Oh the gold. Lots of gold. You need at least 100.5g in cash, for cash-only items, and then you need a couple thousand gold in precursors and materials. Whether you hand collect those materials (which are mostly no more challenging than SW farming), or whether you farm gold and buy them, it’s all currency exchange, and can be managed through just about any method or area of the game.

So that’s it, that’s all you need to do to get the “best weapon in the game.” Nothing particularly skill-based in any way, only a few things that are particularly time consuming, and most of it based on gold on hand.

I would have no problem with them adding a path to Legendary Armor that was equally difficult and time consuming (although ideally far less gold costs involved). I think a fair balance would be that each Legendary Weapon would be equivalent to 2-3 pieces of Legendary Armor, since you need more armor than weapons.

done by now.”

Ohoni.6057

If their challenging group content proves to be exploitable and defeated with “cheesy” mechanics then it was all for nothing.

Then I’m going to tell you right now, it was all for nothing. That is a fairly safe assumption to make.

Are you sure we won’t get complains then that is too hard? Remember we are talking about GW2 casual forum warriors here who can only do content by pressing 1 and F and any sign of something else coming along is “not what GW2 was supposed to be”.

Only the ones made of straw that pro-raid players are constantly building. The actual human players of the game are willing to do those activities if they’re available, and do not want content that is crazy hard, but I’ve never heard an actual human being genuinely expressing that the “press 1” playstyle is as much as they’re willing to put up with. There is a fair balance point between some of the easier playstyles currently available, and the harder. I don’t think there’s anyone in this game who views Silverwastes farming as the ideal sort of content, and if they do, there are apps for that, GW2 can do without them.

On a personal level, my objection to raid content has very little to do with the supposed “difficulty” of it, and more to do with the necessary hassles involved in the “raid” concept, the forming, organizing, and running of long duration content with a large number of people in a single attempt, in which the failure of members who are not myself can derail the entire process. I’m fairly confident that I can personally handle any tasks required, I just don’t want to.

done by now.”

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

As long as ascended stats will be the highest stat in game, which is something everyone in this game can get, then it shouldn’t matter if you cant get X item from a specific content that you dont invest time in. This is part of the progression in GW2 where you actually have to make a dent of work, everything else is accisable in this game. In the end it’s just a skin, the raw stats are Equal. GW2 is all fun and casual, but this sets it apart from just that.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore