Lets Chat: Revenant Masters of the Mist

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ferever.7014

Ferever.7014

Hello,

So today we received a blog post on the 9th Profession in GW2 the Revenant showing off the weapons we can use and two of the legends so here is a quick overview of what they shown us today.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/revenant-the-master-of-the-mists/

So far

Weapons

• Hammer
  • Mace
  • Axe

Overview

• Unique profession mechanic
  • Unique resource system
  • Heavy armor
  • Medium health pool
  • Color scheme: red, black, and misty white
  • Revenant’s design was influenced mechanically and narratively around GW1 concepts.
  • New legends are unlocked via skill points.
  • Healing skill cool-downs aren’t carried over when switching legends.
  • Jalis utility skill —> call rune from sky, damaging & weakening enemies along the way, knocking them back when it hits the ground.
  • Jalis elite skill —> Rite of the Great Dwarf: turn player and party members into stone, boosting power and defense.
  • Revenants are anti-heroes, using whatever legends are necessary, no matter if the legends are “good” or “evil”. (I.e., revenants are Batman.)
  • Mallyx utility skill —> Unyielding Anguish: jump to target spot, knocking back enemies.
  • Legend and weapon skills consume energy. (This is important!!)
  • Each legend should have at least one upkeep skill.
  • Revenant preview on Twitch 2/20/2015 (Friday) @ 12 p.m. PST.
  • MACE: Searing Fissure – You’ll slam down, creating pulsing area of burning fire. Essentially, it’s like an actual crack in the earth that burns a ton of enemies in front of you, and leaves a burning condition on them as well. MACE: Echoing Erruption – With this the player jumps into the air, slamming into the ground, and creates a shockwave that cascades out from the landing point into waves with each wave doing damage. Like Searing Fissure and other Mace skills, this is about lining enemies up and blasting them with finishers.
  • MACE: Echoing Erruption – With this the player jumps into the air, slamming into the ground, and creates a shockwave that cascades out from the landing point into waves with each wave doing damage. Like Searing Fissure and other Mace skills, this is about lining enemies up and blasting them with finishers.
  • HAMMER: Drop the Hammer – This one is a ground targeted AOE knockdown. You target a large area, swing your hammer, and then a giant Mist hammer comes swirling out of the nether knocks everyone in that area down. It’s only got a 15 second cooldown for now, but a higher Energy cost… still, imagine this in WvW?
  • AXE: Frigid Blitz – This allows the player to hurl an ice axe through the air, chilling everyone (slowing them), and when it reaches the actual highlighted target you teleport to him and do a melee spinning attack that ends up behind the enemy, chilling him too. A key thing Jon noted is that you can use one Axe skill mentioned in the blog to pull together a clump of enemies, and then use this to go through them all and wind up at the rear-most one.

A new boon called Resistance and two new conditions called Slow and Taunt so lets discuss this class now with the information we have on hand.

Articles
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/9418/page/2
http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/2/18/8061219/guild-wars-2-profession-reveal-revenant-pc-mmo-arenanet

(edited by Ferever.7014)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

There is one thing still very confusing to me about this blog post.

It sounds like the Revenant may get less customization than other classes. As per usual your first five skills are determined by your weapon, but unlike other classes they said your second five skills are determined by your legend. Are they determined only by your legend? As in, you pick a legend and get the five skills that come with it? Or will there be a selectable loadout of skills within each legend? And if so how many per legend?

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Ok, so here are my thoughts:

Slow Condition: This sounds like it could actually make the game harder to play. Currently, if an enemy attacks, and you know their attack patterns, you can time out the move and dodge at just the right moment. If they are slowed, then you would have to dodge later in order to perfectly avoid the attack. This seems like in a group situation, where you don’t have direct control over when an enemy might have Slow applied to them, it would make it extra complicated to time out when to dodge.

Please tell me that this has been considered and fixed, like maybe the duration of evade frames has been extended against slowed attacks or something.

Resistance: FINALLY something to take condi users down a peg. They’ve been having the run of the game for too long, with their whole 25 stacks of bleeds between 150 players attacking a mob, and their ten minute poison stacks on a boss that dies in less than five, finally something to moot all of that by just making him immune to their damage anyways. Why don’t they just remove condition classes from the game and get it over with?

Taunt: Having your avatar act against your will is never fun.

Other than that, the Revenant seems to have a lot of interesting stuff going on, we’ll have to see how it plays out.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The first question I have about resistance is if we’ll see this boon normalized across every class? they mentioned berserker stance, but didn’t go so far as to say if it would be changed too. Along with any other skills/utilities with similar effects.

I would then wonder if the physical equivilents will get similar treatment? Will Endure Pain and Signet of Stone be changed to apply a boon that will grant physical immunity which can then also be removed?

This would certainly add much more value to Mesmers and Necromancers on teams.

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

It sounds like the Revenant gets way less customization than other classes. As per usual your first five skills are determined by your weapon, but unlike other classes they said your second five skills are determined by your legend. Are they determined only by your legend? As in, you pick a legend and get the five skills that come with it? Or will there be a selectable loadout of skills within each legend? And if so how many per legend?

I was thinking the same thing. In my opinion it would be very bad design for the new profession to have only fixed utility and heal skills. Unless you could choose the skills from a fixed pool which would be interesting and cool idea.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

There will be more than 2 legends afaik, meaning that there will be enough customization.

In one of the screens you see an elite of mallyx with king jalis’ utilies. I think you can use what you want, not sure.

EDIT Nevermind, it’s a screenshot of switching the stance.

Confused panda. :-(

Attachments:

(edited by Kraljevo.2801)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Having your avatar act against your will have been a thing since release though.
Taunt seems to basically be an opposite Fear. Instead of running away, you are running towards the foe.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Atherakhia.4086

It sounds like the Revenant gets way less customization than other classes. As per usual your first five skills are determined by your weapon, but unlike other classes they said your second five skills are determined by your legend. Are they determined only by your legend? As in, you pick a legend and get the five skills that come with it? Or will there be a selectable loadout of skills within each legend? And if so how many per legend?

I was thinking the same thing. In my opinion it would be very bad design for the new profession to have only fixed utility and heal skills. Unless you could choose the skills from a fixed pool which would be interesting and cool idea.

If you look at the UI, you can see little up arrows on the utility skills. I assume this means you will have at least some variety in which utility skills you’ll choose depending on the legend unlocked.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

It sounds like the Revenant gets way less customization than other classes. As per usual your first five skills are determined by your weapon, but unlike other classes they said your second five skills are determined by your legend. Are they determined only by your legend? As in, you pick a legend and get five skills? Or will there be more selectable loadout of skills within each legend? And if so how many?

From what I gathered it seemed that each legend would have a set of skills to pick from. And the set of skills available changes from legend to legend. In the picture you can see the little arrows above the skills indicating they can be changed individually. As far as how many, that remains unknown. But I can imagine it would be enough to have some diversity, but not so many that you need to spend 300,000 skills points to unlock them all. (unless they reduced the cost of each skill to make up for the amount there will be per legend.)

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Ferever.7014

It sounds like the Revenant may get less customization than other classes. As per usual your first five skills are determined by your weapon, but unlike other classes they said your second five skills are determined by your legend. Are they determined only by your legend? As in, you pick a legend and get the five skills that come with it? Or will there be a selectable loadout of skills within each legend? And if so how many per legend?

Well from the blog post the type of legend you are invoking will determine the your 6-10 skills ,but they also might have more skills instead of just five predetermined ones.

Edit: Also thanks for everyone that answered concepts question.

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

There will be more than 2 legends afaik, meaning that there will be enough customization.

Although if the skills would still be fixed to those five it would make the profession quite predictable and would leave a lot less customization to it.

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

I have an opinion about new conditions and boons – this game has enough CC and if you don’t believe me:
In PvE: Go to Orr.
In PvP: Try to remember the situation with Immobilize nerf.
Remove that before it’s too late. People already feel like ping-pong balls when are in Orr.

(edited by Thaia.5146)

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Seems like the revenant and the new boon, resistance, is the hard counter to rangers and condi builds in pvp.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The revenant sounds pretty meh.

I am way more interested in the new taunt mechanic. Sounds like ANet is heading in a bit more traditional way with this expansion.

Trinity reborn?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

This is what concerns me too. I’m fine by having only weapon skills being restricted to a predetermined set, but your weapon skills AND your heal/utility/elite skill? Seems like there is very little build variety that way.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Although if the skills would still be fixed to those five it would make the profession quite predictable and would leave a lot less customization to it.

Hmm.. yeah I hear ya.

The current active legend will determine the skills on the right half of your skill bar. It’s similar to weapon swapping, but instead it affects your healing, utility, and elite skills. Not only will the legend you select determine your skills, but you’ll have an energy bar tied to your currently invoked legend.

I don’t think you can mix it. If it truly works like I believe it does, then you will have the whole kitten nal of utilities, heals and elites at your disposal, which is pretty cool IMO. (By swapping Legends during combat)

I could be very wrong though lol.

(edited by Kraljevo.2801)

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Seems like the revenant and the new boon, resistance, is the hard counter to rangers and condi builds in pvp.

I’m doomed :P

I loved the preview of the Revenant, can’t wait to try it out. I have the feeling that the Mesmer will get a Time Warp like elite skill but with slow.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Diablo 2 Paladins could throw magical hammers and create a storm of hammers. So can Crusaders in Diablo 3. Now it’s time for Revenants to do the same, nice!

Ferever.7014

I’m doomed :P

I loved the preview of the Revenant, can’t wait to try it out. I have the feeling that the Mesmer will get a Time Warp like elite skill but with slow.

Yea they gave us alot of information and as well kept some things hidden I can’t wait to see it in action soon.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

The revenant sounds pretty meh.

I am way more interested in the new taunt mechanic. Sounds like ANet is heading in a bit more traditional way with this expansion.

Trinity reborn?

No, we still have self-sustaining heals available to every profession.

DPS is still king, Taunt just provides a fun pvp mechanic.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Hmm, read the blog…. nto sure exactly how I feel about this class. Admittedly, the first thought that came to mind when I was reading about the hammer was ‘Thor would like his weapon back now’ but I think that might just be the amount of sugar I’ve had today.

A class whose primary mechanic is energy management. Huh, go figure.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

If you look at the UI, you can see little up arrows on the utility skills. I assume this means you will have at least some variety in which utility skills you’ll choose depending on the legend unlocked.

This was my initial thought as well, that builds would be very limited. However the little arrows give me hope. then the question becomes how many options will you have per legend? I’m also curious how this will reflect in the Hero’s Panel when you go to choose your skills.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

And yet, that’s one of the best mechanics they could haven given to it.

Atherakhia.4086

This was my initial thought as well, that builds would be very limited. However the little arrows give me hope. then the question becomes how many options will you have per legend? I’m also curious how this will reflect in the Hero’s Panel when you go to choose your skills.

Right, we simply need more information because on one side of the coin, those up arrows could represent some choices. On the other side, they could be there simply so players can assign the same 3 utility skills to different locations for hotkey purposes.

Hopefully ANet will give us some more info over the new few weeks leading up to PAX.

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

It’s not so bad. Deep inside me, I kinda regreted the disappearance of mana in GW2, which was a powerful balance tool. Sounds like it’s coming back with the revenant.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

“The current active legend will determine the skills on the right half of your skill bar. It’s similar to weapon swapping, but instead it affects your healing, utility, and elite skills. Not only will the legend you select determine your skills, but you’ll have an energy bar tied to your currently invoked legend.”

It is very vague, but that’s how I understood it:

You get to choose each Legend’s Heal,Utility,Elite(the skill swap arrows are there above each skill). But this means you can only use said skills while you are channeling that specific Legend.
Example, you take Utility1 on Mallyx and Utility2 on Jalis. When you have Mallyx active, you can only use Utility1. You must swap to Jalis to use Utility2.
While out of combat, you can put Utility2 on Mallyx and Utility1 on Jalis if you want.

“The current active legend will determine the (current)skills on the right half of your skill bar(that you selected for that specific Legend while out of combat).”

It seems Upkeeps stay even when you swap Legends, provided you have the Energy to maintain them. Since the Upkeep skill is not available anymore once you swap Legend, we will probably have a mechanic like double clicking it to remove, just like Monks Upkeeps in GW1)

Take a normal class like Warrior, you get 5 skills from your weapon, 5 skills from your swap weapon and 5(Heal,3Utilities,Elite) skills from the right side of your bar. That makes a total 15 skills.

The Revenant does not get weapon swap, so 5 skills only from your weapon. But you get 2 Heals, 6 Utilities, 2 Elites(of your choice). This also makes a total of 15 skills.

I know that having 2 Elites sounds very OP, but keep in mind that the Revenant has the Energy management system to cast/upkeep the skills, and Elites probably have a very large cost(possibly the full energy bar) and it seems unlikely you can use both Elites back to back.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

It’s not so bad. Deep inside me, I kinda regreted the disappearance of mana in GW2, which was a powerful balance tool. Sounds like it’s coming back with the revenant.

I doubt it will be as restricting as normal mana though. If it was then the revenant would be horribly outclassed by the other professions, since they only have to worry about cooldowns, not even that if you play a thief.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

This is what concerns me too. I’m fine by having only weapon skills being restricted to a predetermined set, but your weapon skills AND your heal/utility/elite skill? Seems like there is very little build variety that way.

It looks to me like it functions exactly the same as how Elementalist attunements affect some of their utilities. In other words the Revenant has x number of skills to slot and each skill has one of x number of different effects based on which stance you’re in. Essentially each utility, heal and elite will have a core effect and purpose and the stance will give it a twist to suit that legend.

Take that skill that turns the Revenant into an avatar of Malyx for example (obvious Dervish reference there). I’m expecting that skill to have a similar effect in every stance, turning you into an avatar of that legend and granting you some maintained buff specific to whichever stance you’re in when you use it.

To me this would be the most logical way to implement it. Build variety would be the same as every other profession in the game but Revenants will have twice as many considerations to make since every slotted heal, utility and elite actually counts for two skills.

Ferever.7014

Roy Cronacher posted on twitter that we will see live gameplay of the revenant this friday

https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/568120047975022592

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t expect multiple skills per legend. I think the only reason those arrows exist is for universal skills (like Anti-Toxin Spray) and racial skills, but that other than those each legend will get 1 set of utilities.

And I don’t see a huge problem with it. I mean, sure, IN THEORY it reduces build diversity, but lets be realistic here. How many people actually run multiple sets of utilities at the same time? Most of the time, you pick one utility “type” and run nothing but utilities that are part of that set, because most builds will include traits which buff that particular utility set. Cantrips, shouts, meditations, traps, minions, whatever. Most of the time you’re running 1 set, maybe with one outlier if a situation calls for a specific utility type but you want to keep your base build in-tact.

And you still have a choice of legends to run which will give build diversity in that way, since they said you can run 2 legends at once and have a choice to slot in those from a pool of various choices. I expect there will be at least 5 legends by default (possibly more) along with another one being given via specialization perhaps, and that’s where your build diversity will come from.

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

If its any indication, they said that each legend gives access to skills 6-10. Then by standard of each profession having 3 base Elite skills and a 4th coming in the expac most probably from specialization then we should have 4 Legends to choose from. This is also consistent with 4 healing skills per class though I believe they’re adding another in the expac. Each class has 20 utility skills.

Doing simple math and if without new utility skills being added we’re looking at something like 5+ skills per Legend slotted. Not much customization but put in mind you have access to 2 Legends at any one time so that’s access to 2 healing skills, 6 utility skills and 2 elites at any time. Makes up for it imo.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

It looks to me like it functions exactly the same as how Elementalist attunements affect some of their utilities. In other words the Revenant has x number of skills to slot and each skill has one of x number of different effects based on which stance you’re in. Essentially each utility, heal and elite will have a core effect and purpose and the stance will give it a twist to suit that legend.

Take that skill that turns the Revenant into an avatar of Malyx for example (obvious Dervish reference there). I’m expecting that skill to have a similar effect in every stance, turning you into an avatar of that legend and granting you some maintained buff specific to whichever stance you’re in when you use it.

To me this would be the most logical way to implement it. Build variety would be the same as every other profession in the game but Revenants will have twice as many considerations to make since every slotted heal, utility and elite actually counts for two skills.

It doesnt seem to be that way according to the pictures though. It seems that whenyou swap Legends, your skill bar changes completely. It’s not like you equip a specific Heal skill, and it would grant you Protection if you use it while channeling Jalis, or remove 3 conditions while channeling Mallyx(although that would be a cool type of class mechanic too) like Attunements would.

Posted by: Abdulaziz.1496

Abdulaziz.1496

What if I got both Fear and Taunt?
Where am I going to run?

But seriously… I really like the Resistance boon, we’ve always had protection which counters direct dps but never had a boon the counters condis!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Looks neat. Can’t wait. Don’t plan on wasting time speculating about it.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

There are couple ways this could work:

-The skills 6-10 could have versions that are not affected by your “legend,” and do not change as you swap. Then there could be “mists” skills that change depending on which legend you channel. Basically, “mists” skills would be like ele glyphs.

-The 6-10 could have completely separate load-out depending on your legend, and you can only choose from a small sub-set per-legend. This might cause some confusion with cooldowns. (are they shared or not)

Ferever.7014

Where am I going to run?

But seriously… I really like the Resistance boon, we’ve always had protection which counters direct dps but never had a boon the counters condis!

They might have a rule where you can’t have both at once and some Diminished return where you have a small immunity period to it.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I have an opinion about new conditions and boons – this game has enough CC and if you don’t believe me:
In PvE: Go to Orr.
In PvP: Try to remember the situation with Immobilize nerf.
Remove that before it’s too late. People already feel like ping-pong balls when are in Orr.

A larger array of types of CC does not directly imply a net increase to the total CC. It’s too early to tell if we’ll see more or less CC, at least until we get a full scope f all the balance changes.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

-The 6-10 could have completely separate load-out depending on your legend, and you can only choose from a small sub-set per-legend. This might cause some confusion with cooldowns. (are they shared or not)

As for cooldowns, I don’t think they have cool downs. I think the 6-10 skills will be purely based on whether you have the energy to use them. Very similar to how initiative works on the weapon skills of thieves. I base this on the following quote:
This energy bar is a new resource that the revenant relies on in order to use skills. Some skills will have a low energy cost, allowing you to use them more often, while others have a large cost with a very large payoff.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

VodCom.6924

I doubt it will be as restricting as normal mana though. If it was then the revenant would be horribly outclassed by the other professions, since they only have to worry about cooldowns, not even that if you play a thief.

Why not ? Just because you have more parameters to Watch for does not mean you will be outclassed.

Look at LoL for example : here you have champions with energy system like the thief (the ninjas and the monkey king) that coexist with champions with only cooldowns (Katarina) or adrenaline (renekton) and chamions with both cooldown and long term mana management. While the balance in this game is not 100% perfect, it’s still solid and playable.

More restrictions on skill use is fine as long as you get something else to compensate.

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Better remove fear.

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

I don’t have a lot to say about the class itself. I really need to play it myself to get a feel for it. Talking about so many new things at a time makes it really hard to gauge.

The new effects, on the other hand…

Resistance: Does this temporarily suspend conditions, or just ignore the damage while Resistance is up? If it’s the latter, this better be a hint that the Condition system is going to be overhauled, otherwise conditions are going to become pretty much obsolete.

Slow: I get this, an inverse Quickness. There’s a Specialization I’m sure everyone expects will get this. I’m a bit concerned though. Debuffs like this in games are rarely fun to be on the receiving end of. In PvP, it’s already hard enough to get certain abilities off before getting downed.

Taunt: What does Status Effect mean? If this is just temporary, like Fear, then this will be great in PvE. This game doesn’t need a tank, but sometimes positioning enemies is still necessary, but there’s no real mechanic for it yet. If that’s how it is, they probably should have called it something else, like Provoke at least, to avoid comparisons to the trinity. What worries me about this is PvP. It’s nice to see a Taunt given PvP applications, but it’s never fun to lose control of your character. Fear is already in the game, but that causes your character to do something that’s, on some level, smart (run from the enemy). Also, just because it’s already in the game doesn’t make it okay to proliferate it all over the place. That’s the biggest danger of such effects.

Xukavi.4320

Where am I going to run?

Zizo, that would generally come down to what was the last one applied I guess. Both serve the same purpose with a slight difference in the method. You lose control of your character fear makes you run away not attacking, taunt makes you run towards the taunter attacking. In current game Crowd Control goes with newest CC is applied possibly overwriting current CC.

For example when you’re are Knocked Down and then Knocked Back you’ll get the CC in succession. Thus if you are Feared first then Taunted you should run towards the taunter attacking him.

Posted by: daltonsgk.1645

daltonsgk.1645

Sounds like OP is kitten about condis… I highly doubt the resistance boon is going to totally nerf condis. Although, it will be interesting to finally have a boon that does reduce condi damage a little. One thing i’m confused about though, is that isn’t the Slow condi essentially the same as Chilled?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think this is the most likely scenario. We will choose one utility for each slot (out of the standard number of utilities) – and what that utility does will change based on which legend we are channeling at the time.

For me, the biggest questions about the Revenant are – a. how many legends will we have to choose from, b. what are they, and c. how will the Revenant’s specialization differ from the core profession.

VodCom.6924

I don’t have a lot to say about the class itself. I really need to play it myself to get a feel for it. Talking about so many new things at a time makes it really hard to gauge.

The new effects, on the other hand…

Resistance: Does this temporarily suspend conditions, or just ignore the damage while Resistance is up?

Taunt: What does Status Effect mean?

You already have the response for these two questions in the blog post :

While resistance is up, you ignore all effects of all conditions applied on you. This includes damage AND forced movement.

Taunt, is the exact opposite of fear with two tweaks :

• you are forced to run towards your opponent instead of running away
  • you can still use your auto-attacks whereas you couldn’t with fear. Stun breaks work the same.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sounds like OP is kitten about condis… I highly doubt the resistance boon is going to totally nerf condis. Although, it will be interesting to finally have a boon that does reduce condi damage a little. One thing i’m confused about though, is that isn’t the Slow condi essentially the same as Chilled?

No. Chilled reduces your movement speed and your skill cooldown, but doesn’t actually change how fast you can use your attacks.

Slowed will actually make your animations slower, make your attacks take longer to cast, ect. And it probably won’t have any effect on cooldowns or movement speed specifically to keep it separate from Chilled (and because Quickness does nothing to either movement speed or attack cooldowns, and those are basically exact opposites according to the article).

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

/NERDGASM!

Looking forward to Revenant.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

One thing i’m confused about though, is that isn’t the Slow condi essentially the same as Chilled?

Chilled increases cd, slow increases activation time.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Xukavi.4320

@Blaeys: From what I understood of the blog post, Elites are tied to Legends so that would make it 4 elites a profession in Expac and 4 Legends for the Rev.

But what about racial skills though? It wouldn’t make sense for them to suddenly require energy for no reason.

~Sincerely, Scissors