in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Triple A forum right there

Living Story Season 2 too difficult

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I finally completed it with the help of a friend, which kind of defeats the purpose of the living stories being solo-able.

Elementalist’s best friend, especially against stationary targets, is Ice Bow #4. Between that and Meteor Shower you should be able to always take out a good chuck of hp in a short amount of time.

Or slot a scepter and dagger and go Fresh Air. Dragons Tooth → Phoenix → Air Swap → Lightning Strike. Also takes huge chunks out.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

I did LS 2 with achievements on my ele and I know there are plenty of better eles put there. Some things are easier done with specific professions but all are quite doable.

Nope I still can’t pass that level. Guess I am not 1337 enough to play HoT then.

classic Dunning-Kruger. You do not have to be 1337 to beat this in any way, just not very, very bad.

In that case, I am too bad a player to play HoT then. Don’t want to spend $50 and not enjoy the game.

I’m starting to wonder what’s the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is to point out that some players, like me, are just not good enough to play and enjoy HoT.

Get better then, as you seem immune to any advice, this is the best I can give you.

That statement is downright insulting. Some people simply do not have the PHYSICAL ability to do some of those things. There IS no ‘get better’, there may even be ‘get worse’.

Of course. It is impossible to improve. Oh wait.

I have a very bad internet connection, thank you Frontier DSL, and often dies due to lag. Things would stop moving for a few seconds and I’ll be dead or disconnected. Unfortunately, I am on some contract with them until 7/25. After which, I would move to maybe XFinity.

That said, there are too many 1-hit kills in this game.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

I did LS 2 with achievements on my ele and I know there are plenty of better eles put there. Some things are easier done with specific professions but all are quite doable.

Nope I still can’t pass that level. Guess I am not 1337 enough to play HoT then.

classic Dunning-Kruger. You do not have to be 1337 to beat this in any way, just not very, very bad.

In that case, I am too bad a player to play HoT then. Don’t want to spend $50 and not enjoy the game.

I’m starting to wonder what’s the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is to point out that some players, like me, are just not good enough to play and enjoy HoT.

Get better then, as you seem immune to any advice, this is the best I can give you.

That statement is downright insulting. Some people simply do not have the PHYSICAL ability to do some of those things. There IS no ‘get better’, there may even be ‘get worse’.

Of course. It is impossible to improve. Oh wait.

Right. Let’s use some real life examples then, since some people apparently are severely lacking in understanding what physical problems mean.

One of my guildmates has ALS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotrophic_lateral_sclerosis. He played – using voice command software – as long as he could. Improvement is laughably unlikely.
Another guildmate has had a lesion in the nerves for his dominant hand. The damage is permanent and motoric abilities are impaired. Improvement is unlikely.
I have RSI or repetitive strain injury. Twitch gaming causes pain. Doing too much of it causes permanent pain. Improvement is unlikely.

Normal game functions are not a problem. Hardmode stuff is. Too much twitch is.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Sooooo, add a special easy mode for disabled people (hardware or physical)?

Or accept your current conditions and accept help from fellow players?

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Every more or less capable gamer can do the achievements. It just takes time and patience. The lumi armor just shows that you put effort in this and got something that not everyone has.

Gamers these days… no patience. Everything has to be served on a silver platter.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Sooooo, add a special easy mode for disabled people (hardware or physical)?

Or accept your current conditions and accept help from fellow players?

You might have missed the point saying ‘normal’ game mode not being a problem. Personally, I did manage to get most of this stuff AND the achievements done, in some cases with help. But I do agree that the rising twitch level of the content is causing problems for more people that you’d think. And giving an answer of ‘get better’ or ‘get help’ is less than helpful.

While I agree that with help, most can be done, getting that help (especially GOOD help), can be a problem. And needing help at all is a bit counter-intuitive for a story in which YOU are supposed to be the hero.

Also, in the last batch of achievements there are some that are simply too hard, even WITH help. The one where Faolain slaughters those centaurs and you have to dodge dodge dodge that champion?? I tried doing that, WITH HELP, dozens of time, to the point of pain… and decided that it was just not worth risking more. I know WHAT to do, I just cannot physically do it. The challenge mote version… I don’t even want to think about.

So yes, in my opinion some of this stuff may just be a tad too intense. Especially since the people I was with, who don’t share my problem, were having a lot of trouble too. Hours of trying and getting nowhere only adds up to frustration, not to fun.

And then there’s the carapace stuff. Everything else for the collections can be gotten by an alternate route, either participating in SW boss slaying or collecting bandit shields. Why oh why is this not the case for the final few pieces, so those of us who have problems with the story missions/achievements can at least get the collection that way?

Posted by: Belmont.1968

Belmont.1968

I finally completed it with the help of a friend, which kind of defeats the purpose of the living stories being solo-able.

I don’t see why you are dissatisfied. It’s not like the game is impossibly hard, very clearly most people have completed it solo with ease. The problem is not with the difficulty, it’s you being too bad at the game and giving up too fast.

Fortunately ANet provides the alternative option of grouping for less skilled people, so that even in this situation you did not have to give up the game. You should be thankful.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Honestly glint’s lair was well developed as far as I’m concerned in terms of introducing mechanics. You cannot get to a boss if you didn’t figure out how the fragile condition works, and then in the fight you use it. You cannot get to the boss if you didn’t figure out how the colour system works etc.

FrizzFreston.5290

You might have missed the point saying ‘normal’ game mode not being a problem. Personally, I did manage to get most of this stuff AND the achievements done, in some cases with help. But I do agree that the rising twitch level of the content is causing problems for more people that you’d think. And giving an answer of ‘get better’ or ‘get help’ is less than helpful.

A comment you took out of context for your personal campaign. He started with offering to help him do it in-game. He turned all the comments down. It is you who missed the point.
Plus I didn’t exactly post any point or counter point to said discussion. I was merely asking what the point of this thread is.

Personally I think that when you’re disabled you need to face the fact that you need help with certain things in life, rather than demanding that everything is adapted to your specific case.

You asking for another way to get certain armor pieces that are behind an achievement is to me the same as asking for an easy mode. A wheelchair safe route to the same prestige-y like armor.

On the other hand, if you really, really want that armor, you can also ask a friend to play for you. Considering your RSI, I don’t think that’s too much to ask at all.

So yes, if offering help is turned down, then the only option is to get better on your own. Rather than starting to demand things.

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

How do you kill the Facet of Light?

1. Open your browser.
2. Type in search engine “How do you kill the Facet of Light? GW2”
3. Watch video.
4. Beat instance.
5. Feel a sense of regret that you cheesed the fight, and didn’t bother figuring it out yourself.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Erulogos.2591

Erulogos.2591

Thoughts on this thread:
-There’s no need for the 133t/anti-133t ad hominem war.
-Just as not everything in life can or should be handed out like Halloween candy, not everything needs to be for only the uber 1%.
-OP: If you thought that boss was bad, the next two will make you weep.
-OP: Online games and utterly craptastic Internet connections do not ever mix. I don’t support the bashing done by those who are video game masochists (in my opinion) but it isn’t Anet’s fault if you have sub-par Internet access.
-None of the Glint’s Lair bosses were too hard per se, but they all take way too long. Did that on a mesmer and engi so far, and both times by about 2/3 of the way through a boss’s health I was desperately wishing for the fights to be done. No mechanics are fun when repeated too many times.

DarkSpirit.7046

I don’t see why you are dissatisfied. It’s not like the game is impossibly hard, very clearly most people have completed it solo with ease. The problem is not with the difficulty, it’s you being too bad at the game and giving up too fast.

Fortunately ANet provides the alternative option of grouping for less skilled people, so that even in this situation you did not have to give up the game. You should be thankful.

Not everybody would be interested to replay an area that they have already done for 0 rewards.

ANet has to decide if this game is for casual or hardcore players. I will not buy HoT if it is only for hardcore players. They only need to declare it so.

I am an old man with a family and many other real life responsibilities and my reflexes and eyesight are not as good as they were. Gaining 1337 skills in an MMO is about as low in my priority list as it gets. It is mere entertainment to me, and I have many other forms of entertainment competing for my attention.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Posted by: Erulogos.2591

Erulogos.2591

Not everybody would be interested to replay an area that they have already done for 0 rewards.

ANet has to decide if this game is for casual or hardcore players. I will not buy HoT if it is only for hardcore players. They only need to declare it so.

I am an old man with a family and many other real life responsibilities and my reflexes and eyesight are not as good as they were. Gaining 1337 skills in an MMO is about as low in my priority list as it gets. It is mere entertainment to me. Ask me if I want to be a 1337 TV couch potato.

No MMO that hasn’t taken an unholy beating *cough*Wildstar*cough* has declared itself for either camp. They’d be foolish to do so, it limits sales. So I doubt you’ll get your desired declaration from Anet.

OK, look, most times I think of myself as pretty casual (haven’t farmed endless dungeons, haven’t done more than tour the fractals enough to clear each one once, only ascended goodies on my 80s are laurel purchases, etc.) but there comes a point when you have to ask if you’re barking up the right tree. With the exception of the evolved worm, sometimes teq, and a few achievements this game is about as casual friendly as it comes (at least when it comes to seeing storylines and getting through the content once, legendaries are an unmitigated, -unholy- grind, with ascended crafted items being a touch behind them.) I’ve played a few MMOs (WoW, Wildstar, STO, SWTOR, TERA, Allods Online, Prius Online, Foresaken World, and Ragnarok Online,) I can promise you that if this game is too much for you, MMOs are really not going to work out for you.

DarkSpirit.7046

I am an old man with a family and many other real life responsibilities and my reflexes and eyesight are not as good as they were. Gaining 1337 skills in an MMO is about as low in my priority list as it gets. It is mere entertainment to me. Ask me if I want to be a 1337 TV couch potato.

No MMO that hasn’t taken an unholy beating *cough*Wildstar*cough* has declared itself for either camp. They’d be foolish to do so, it limits sales. So I doubt you’ll get your desired declaration from Anet.

OK, look, most times I think of myself as pretty casual (haven’t farmed endless dungeons, haven’t done more than tour the fractals enough to clear each one once, only ascended goodies on my 80s are laurel purchases, etc.) but there comes a point when you have to ask if you’re barking up the right tree. With the exception of the evolved worm, sometimes teq, and a few achievements this game is about as casual friendly as it comes (at least when it comes to seeing storylines and getting through the content once, legendaries are an unmitigated, -unholy- grind, with ascended crafted items being a touch behind them.) I’ve played a few MMOs (WoW, Wildstar, STO, SWTOR, TERA, Allods Online, Prius Online, Foresaken World, and Ragnarok Online,) I can promise you that if this game is too much for you, MMOs are really not going to work out for you.

Then maybe MMOs just doesn’t work out for me anymore and I shouldn’t be playing HoT. I don’t need an answer from ANet because you have already answered it for them. See? I am now old enough to agree with my critics.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Then maybe MMOs just doesn’t work out for me anymore and I shouldn’t be playing HoT. I don’t need an answer from ANet because you have already answered it for them. See? I am now old enough to agree with my critics.

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they’re yours. Illusions by Richard Bach.

Seriously is sounds like you want a reason to not play the game. First of all, elementalist is probably one of the least forgiving professions. People who want a lower skill ceiling usually choose a different profession. You can always do that. Level a character that’s more survivable.

The problem is you want the game to be easy and plenty of stuff is. The living story is hard for some people, but not that hard. Arguably it would be harder on an ele.

But no one is going to come here from Anet and tell you the game will be too hard or easy for you, because why would they. There’s always the possibility they’d be wrong.

I think you need to play a different profession and join a casual guild or find some friends. If you refuse to do that, I’m not sure you should buy HoT.

DarkSpirit.7046

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they’re yours. Illusions by Richard Bach.

Seriously is sounds like you want a reason to not play the game. First of all, elementalist is probably one of the least forgiving professions. People who want a lower skill ceiling usually choose a different profession. You can always do that. Level a character that’s more survivable.

The problem is you want the game to be easy and plenty of stuff is. The living story is hard for some people, but not that hard. Arguably it would be harder on an ele.

But no one is going to come here from Anet and tell you the game will be too hard or easy for you, because why would they. There’s always the possibility they’d be wrong.

I think you need to play a different profession and join a casual guild or find some friends. If you refuse to do that, I’m not sure you should buy HoT.

Considering the fact that it is getting close to decision time on HoT, many would be thinking about this also.

The difficulty of the new content would be a factor in that decision and community feedback is what I am gathering since many of you have played the HoT preview.

Even if you are right, that means I may not be able to solo with my elementalist through HoT content without frustrations. That means HoT world exploration and stories would probably be a lot more difficult than world exploration and personal stories are right now. That would be painful for me.

At least in GW1, I could strategize a team build to get me past difficult areas, but GW2 is pretty much just dependent on age-related reflexes to dodge.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Well maybe you should just wait on HoT then until it has been out for a while and there are some walk throughs and videos available. That way you can make a more informed decision. There is nothing wrong with that.

The difficulty of the game can’t cater to everyone. Heck many people complain the game is too easy.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I completed most of season 2 solo and the chieves , check out dulfy guides for the win

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Considering the fact that it is getting close to decision time on HoT, many would be thinking about this also.

The difficulty of the new content would be a factor in that decision and community feedback is what I am gathering since many of you have played the HoT preview.

Even if you are right, that means I may not be able to solo with my elementalist through HoT content without frustrations. That means HoT world exploration and stories would probably be a lot more difficult than world exploration and personal stories are right now. That would be painful for me.

At least in GW1, I could strategize a team build to get me past difficult areas, but GW2 is pretty much just dependent on age-related reflexes to dodge.

Anet may lose a small percentage of people because HoT is too hard, but I really do believe it will be a small percentage. There are far far more complaints about the game being too easy than the game being too hard.

You have two viable options that you can do to get through that content and you refuse to avail yourself of either. Make an easy profession, something like ranger is far more forgiving than ele, or find a friend.

If you won’t do either, I’m not sure how valuable your feedback is. What your’e saying is I must solo and I must do it on one of the squishiest professions with the lowest health. I’m not sure that Anet should listen all that closely to that kind of complaint.

If you knew you were not all that great at games, why not do a bit of research before you level a character and find one that is easy?

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

OK so I’d like to point out a few things and ask you some questions. Elementalist is one of the best classes to solo on when played correctly (not very difficult to learn). The main issue I see here is that you’re having trouble playing solo on the class. I’m not going to say L2P, but is it possible that you are geared/specced incorrectly and not using a good general setup?

I’d like to learn more about your playstyle and gear/skill/trait setup so that we can help instead of see you get frustrated like this. Elementalist is either extremely effective or meh depending on if it’s played right and geared/specced correctly. Are you camping an attunement? Are you trying to be a “water heal ele” (please don’t say that’s true, it annoys me so much).

If you feel that elementalist isn’t for you, there are easier classes to play for soloing content such as a ranger or a warrior.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

On a personal note, I didn’t finish season two either. I got to one point (in a cavern with some dragon-y looking thing and stuff being hurled over a wall that you picked up – forget the stage now) and couldn’t work out the mechanic. Oh, I know there is one and I could look it up but after having my armour stripped a dozen times, I gave up.

Having said that, the LS isn’t a priority for me; I just enjoy the PvE aspect. Going to wait to see how this translates into HoT before I get that expansion.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

You had people offering to help you in this thread.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

LS2 difficult? Q_Q
Like during first hot closed beta people complained for enemies moving out of AoEs… geez… we’ll never have nice and diffucult stuff :-(
Anyway that chapter is easy and last boss is the combo of previous one. I made it with my engi and even with my ele not fully exotic equipped too. Cmon.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

On a personal note, I didn’t finish season two either. I got to one point (in a cavern with some dragon-y looking thing and stuff being hurled over a wall that you picked up – forget the stage now) and couldn’t work out the mechanic. Oh, I know there is one and I could look it up but after having my armour stripped a dozen times, I gave up.

jeez it took me hours to notice that little kitten that was turning off the flamens T.T

to help you:

the torch is thrown over the wall – you need to blaze ALL roots – but there is some little guy spawning that turns them off if you dont kill him —- i didnt saw him because i was concentrated on the Dragon ^^’ for very very long

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The only thing I really can’t beat is Windmane. I have done almost all the other stuff for the luminescent thing. But not Windmane.

I have watched the videos, I have read the guides, and I have made group with friends and PUGs. I still can’t defeat him in the hard mode, or avoid all of his area stuff (Also I HATE PLAYING WITH KITTEN CAITHE).

Any advice?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Bubi.7942

The only thing I really can’t beat is Windmane. I have done almost all the other stuff for the luminescent thing. But not Windmane.

I have watched the videos, I have read the guides, and I have made group with friends and PUGs. I still can’t defeat him in the hard mode, or avoid all of his area stuff (Also I HATE PLAYING WITH KITTEN CAITHE).

Any advice?

Go in with a group and DON’T be the instace leader/opener. Only the one who opens the story thing becomes Caithe, you can get the achies on your normal char then. Bring a char with lotsa evades/blocks + food with endurance regen.

The sand traps spawn where you kill the small elementals (or whatevers, can’t remember their names), so don’t be near them when you kill em! Use ranged.

Also go for 1 achie at the time.

As for Caithe herself, lots of her moves are evades, you really gotta get used to them.

(edited by Bubi.7942)

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Lol this entire post is a joke.

Clearly you didn’t take time to understand the mechanics of the fight. All the previous fights trained you for the final fight…

Everything in LS2 is solo-able, if you can’t do it, join a guild and ask for assistance. Also improve your attitude while you’re at it. Instead of posting a complaint on forums, you could have easily asked on map chat, and received the responses you seek from here.

And as for not being 1337 enough for HoT, if you keep this up, then yes, I guess you’re not.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Any advice?

Go in with a group and DON’T be the instace leader/opener. Only the one who opens the story thing becomes Caithe, you can get the achies on your normal char then. Bring a char with lotsa evades/blocks + food with endurance regen.

The sand traps spawn where you kill the small elementals (or whatevers, can’t remember their names), so don’t be near them when you kill em! Use ranged.

Also go for 1 achie at the time.

As for Caithe herself, lots of her moves are evades, you really gotta get used to them.

When you’re with a group and someone else is Caithe you can tag the boss enough to get credit and then go hop up on a ledge near the far end from where you start (I think it’s the north east corner but I wasn’t paying attention to compass directions). He runs over in range once during the fight. None of the sand walls hit that ledge and if you don’t aggro the adds they won’t put things on you, as I recall.

Be sure to clear it with your group mates that you’ll be the one lurking in the corner while they suffer through it all. It’s nice to offer to take turns so they can lurk next while you fight.

(caveat: This worked for me while the episode was still “live.” They may have put in some nerfs to prevent the ledge trick).

Ardid.7203

I think they did change It, because when we tried with my group, there were some of them in the ledge, and the sand walls hit everywhere.

I must say the last time I did it with a group we weren’t trying to get the evasion achievement, we were focused trying to kill the guy in hard mode, and I take Caithe because I was the one more familiar with her skills.

The fight went more or less like this:
- The five of us distributed across the arena, some close to burst the boss, some far to lure the elementals.
- We kill the first elemental and barely hit Windmane before he become invulnerable again. No people get damaged.
- We kill the second elemental and barely hit Windmane before he become invulnerable again. No people get damaged.
- We kill the third and fourth elemental and barely hit Windmane before he become invulnerable. Some people get scratched.
- We kill the fifth elemental.
- Everybody dead.

We tried 3 times. No chance: after Windmane got his life halved, damage suddenly spiked everywhere. I survived like 15 extra seconds the last try, just to die from a whirlpool that appeared at my feet without any warning.

Maybe there is a bug or something? It really felt too abrupt to be intended.

Hawks

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Windmane is easier to solo. The scaling in this instance is insane. If you really need help, better go in a party of 2 people, not more.

As far as I know the safe spot has been fixed – but I could not tell because I never used it… I just know that the last person I tried to help with the achievements tried climbing the cliff and got ported down from there immediately.

Some tips:

• Caithe has lots of evades and a projectile reflect skill – read the skill descriptions and use the skills as needed
  • If you are a condi user, the caltrops alone are enough to kill the elementals – kite them through.
  • In the dmg phase – use your chain backstab from stealth – big numbers
  • Take care not to be close to the elementals when they die – that’s where the sand pools will spawn.
  • Watch your minimap – sand walls will be pinged on it
  • Use the projectile reflect when Windmane attacks for extra dmg, instead of just dodging

EDIT:

• Wind walls can be reflected too – ty Bubi.7942 for reminding me

^This can be dangerous though. It might happen that you jump into the reflected wind wall while swirling around like crazy with your reflect skill… Maybe dodging is safer there…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Bubi.7942

Some tips:

• Caithe has lots of evades and a projectile reflect skill – read the skill descriptions and use the skills as needed

Oh yeah, this so much. I had tons of problems with the cenatur until I realised the windwalls were projectiles, and thus can be reflected.

DarkSpirit.7046

And as for not being 1337 enough for HoT, if you keep this up, then yes, I guess you’re not.

If you say so.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I got the tar kicked out of me by the centaur repeatedly until I started using a rather simple combo: stealth+caltrops+whirling attack (not the one that jumps around….I think it was #5).

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

And here I thought it was too easy.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Ardid.7203

Thanks for the tips, although the only thing I’ve not tried until now is reflecting the projectiles. Let’s see how it works…

Hawks

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Agreed, its frustrating NOT difficult. I had more luck ranging than melee.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

I am amazed at the reasoning here.

The OP has problems with soloing one fight in one step of one story and therefor decides “Living Story Season 2 too difficult”. And since he/she still can’t pass it, solo, he/she isn’t leet enough to play HoT?

Wow!

I feel a loss of words… I won’t even try to match that amazing level of deduction.

My personal thoughts about Living Story Season 2 is that it was fairly easy to do with a few tough, but no way too tough, achievements.

And I seriously doubt soloing Everything in LS2 is a requirement to enjoy HoT.

As for the OPs problem with that fight it’s “only” to figure out the mechanic of the fight, and then be patient enough to end the fight. The opponents in there aren’t very tough, but sure, you can’t stand still on the red circles and expect to win.

DarkSpirit.7046

I am amazed at the reasoning here.

The OP has problems with soloing one fight in one step of one story and therefor decides “Living Story Season 2 too difficult”. And since he/she still can’t pass it, solo, he/she isn’t leet enough to play HoT?

Wow!

I feel a loss of words… I won’t even try to match that amazing level of deduction.

My personal thoughts about Living Story Season 2 is that it was fairly easy to do with a few tough, but no way too tough, achievements.

And I seriously doubt soloing Everything in LS2 is a requirement to enjoy HoT.

As for the OPs problem with that fight it’s “only” to figure out the mechanic of the fight, and then be patient enough to end the fight. The opponents in there aren’t very tough, but sure, you can’t stand still on the red circles and expect to win.

In fact you need to literally stand still on the AoE during the fight with the crystal creature in order to damage him. My initial mistake was to dodge out of the AoE and my damage on him was 0.

I am not the only one who thinks that HoT maybe too hard:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-Disappointed-After-The-First-Beta/first

JustTrogdor.7892

We get it Dark, the game might be too hard for you, even though several people have offered to help you. If HoT is too hard for you, sorry for your luck. Like I said before, many people complain that the game is too easy. Maybe HoT will be difficult and it will leave you behind. If that is indeed true, there is no reason to make a scene about it. GW2/HoT isn’t for everyone. Maybe it is time to realize that, wait to see how HoT pans out, and if it doesn’t include easy mode for you, move on. There is nothing wrong with not playing a game that is too hard for you.

The Burninator

DarkSpirit.7046

Yes HoT is not for everyone, thanks for agreeing with me. This is what I have been trying to emphasize all along.

And this thread confirms it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-Disappointed-After-The-First-Beta/first

JustTrogdor.7892

Yes HoT is not for everyone, thanks for agreeing with me. This is what I have been trying to emphasize all along.

And this thread confirms it:

So what? No game can ever cater to everyone. That is impossible. You can choose to QQ about it or you can just realize the game has moved on and you may not be part of it if the direction of the game does not fit your play style. Your choice. But please stop with the, “poor me” stuff.

Oh and the thread you keep linking is about disappointment of the weekend beta, specifically the Revenant. It has nothing to do with your displeasure over game difficulty. Give me a break man. You are just attention seeking at this point.

I’m not going to respond anymore in this thread and I encourage everyone else to do the same. You are just wasting people’s time since people offered to help you and you brushed it aside. I don’t have the time or desire to deal will attention seeking people like yourself. Good luck with where ever the game takes you.

The Burninator

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Why is it always with mmo’s that people start kittening about having to try a few times to get something down. So many single player games have hard boss battles you have to try over and over to nail, but in an mmo, where you can actually ask for help, it has to be served on a plate.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

DarkSpirit.7046

There is nothing poor me about it. I am just using the points that the community here supplied to emphasize, to anyone who is still deciding to buy HoT, that this game is not for everyone. So we are in agreement.

I have played this game since May 2005 in GW1, then GW2 beta, until now and I am probably more veteran than most of you here. After more than 10 years supporting this franchise, I have gathered enough fun out of it already.

Again, I am not the only one with this point of view:

JustTrogdor.7892

I know I said I was done with this thread but I ran across this. It seems you have already purchased HoT despite your difficulty fears.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-Disappointed-After-The-First-Beta/page/3#post5293034

I confess that I haven’t and I am hesitant to pre-purchase after hearing the horror stories in this thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Thanks-for-your-response-Anet/first#post5191442

I am now satisfied with their response and decided to buy new xpacks for my son and I.

I hope HoT is not too difficult for you and your son.

The Burninator

DarkSpirit.7046

I know I said I was done with this thread but I ran across this. It seems you have already purchased HoT despite your difficulty fears.

I confess that I haven’t and I am hesitant to pre-purchase after hearing the horror stories in this thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Thanks-for-your-response-Anet/first#post5191442

I am now satisfied with their response and decided to buy new xpacks for my son and I.

I hope HoT is not too difficult for you and your son.

Actually I didn’t buy it, I changed my mind after reading this thread from DaveyC. And my son is not getting it either, cause I hold the purse string.

JustTrogdor.7892

Actually I didn’t buy it, I changed my mind after reading this thread from DaveyC.

LoL sure, about half a month between when you said you were buying the x-pac and the post you linked that “changed your mind”.. Now it is time to end this attention seeking thread of yours. Have a good one and I hope you and your son can enjoy HoT even if it is difficult.

The Burninator

DarkSpirit.7046

LoL sure. Now it is time to end this attention seeking thread of yours. Have a good one and I hope you and your son can enjoy HoT even if it is difficult.

Sure, whatever you choose to believe.

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

Actually I didn’t buy it, I changed my mind after reading this thread from DaveyC. And my son is not getting it either, cause I hold the purse string.

You know that thread from Davey is about the performance of the (unfinished) Revenant Class in the Beta right? A lot of these concerns have since been addressed by the team as you can in Roy’s post here

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

FrizzFreston.5290

There is nothing poor me about it. I am just using the points that the community here supplied to emphasize, to anyone who is still deciding to buy HoT, that this game is not for everyone. So we are in agreement.

I have played this game since May 2005 in GW1, then GW2 beta, until now and I am probably more veteran than most of you here. After more than 10 years supporting this franchise, I have gathered enough fun out of it already.

Again, I am not the only one with this point of view:

The reasons you basically emphasised are: If you have crappy internet, found the game too difficult in a few storysteps, are an older person who isn’t as able anymore, and are reluctant to accept help, the game is not for you.

Most of those reasons are highly subjective or plain defeatist. Im not sure you’re making a point for yourself or for anyone else.